Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,922 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

‘buhari Is Nigerians’ Choice’ – Aregbesola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘buhari Is Nigerians’ Choice’ – Aregbesola (1120 Views)

Reception Given To Aregbesola From His Hometown Residents. / Which Of These Is Nigerians Greatest Dissapointment? / The Problem With Nigeria Is Nigerians - Bad Culture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘buhari Is Nigerians’ Choice’ – Aregbesola by Gbawe: 7:58am On Dec 15, 2014
http://www.osundefender.org/?p=200135

‘Buhari Is Nigerians’ Choice’ – Aregbesola
Osun State Governor Rauf Aregbesola has said that the emergence of former Head of State Gen Muhammadu Buhari as the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) is the best democratic pill to galvanise Nigerians towards change.
He said Buhari is candidate of Nigerians, who have been yearning for a change.
Aregbesola said the decision by all party men and women to elect the former head of state demonstrates the commitment to presenting a candidate who would not only win the presidential election but go ahead to rescue Nigeria from the present quagmire anti-democratic and anti-development elements had brought her in more than a decade and a half.

Aregbesola, in a statement by the Director, Bureau of Communication and Strategy in the Office of the Governor, Mr. Semiu Okanlawon, was quoted as speaking shortly after the declaration of Gen Muhammadu Buhari as the presidential candidate of the APC after a keenly contested primary held in Lagos.
“We must congratulate Nigerians for the emergence of Gen Muhammadu Buhari as the presidential candidate of our party.
The excitements, commendations and jubilations that have greeted the election and consequently the announcement of Gen Muhammadu Buhari are clear demonstrations of the fact that Nigerians have been anxious and now poised for an immediate change in Nigeria.
“It is clear now that Nigerians are determined to jettison their religious, tribal, partisan and other mundane interests to rally support for our candidate. Gen Muhammadu Buhari, I can confidently say, is not just the candidate of the All Progressives Congress but the popular choice of entire Nigerians,” Aregbesola was quoted as saying.

Reminding Nigerians of the urgent need to fix the country, Aregbesola said the outcome of the primary election itself confirmed that the APC has taken transparency, the fight against corruption and graft to a new height.
“People have chosen the best man for the job regardless of all other less edifying considerations. Buhari represents the face of the required battle against corruption. He represents openness and commitment to good governance.
For those who consider the awful impact of corruption on our country, the choice of Gen Buhari would easily translate to the readiness of Nigerians to battle against the most debilitating scourge against the country’s growth,” Aregbesola said.
Listing the challenges that lay before an APC government at the centre, Aregbesola reminded Nigerians that the 16 years of the Peoples Democratic Party at the centre has spelt economic doom, political complications and social morass.
“We have witnessed the most horrendous crimes against the soul of this country.
There has been a mindless rape of the country by a gang of looters who have made Nigeria a laughing stock in the comity of other nations.
“There is needless hunger in a country with many untapped opportunities.
All the critical sectors have been bled to states of coma and what we have left as a country is fractured entity gasping for breath.

1 Like

Re: ‘buhari Is Nigerians’ Choice’ – Aregbesola by greatdeal1408: 8:00am On Dec 15, 2014
smiley all i want is change of power, let give him chance.

1 Like

Re: ‘buhari Is Nigerians’ Choice’ – Aregbesola by experimentist: 8:02am On Dec 15, 2014
Naso
Re: ‘buhari Is Nigerians’ Choice’ – Aregbesola by DickDastardly(m): 8:09am On Dec 15, 2014
Gbawe you are right on this one, but if Mr clueless rolls in Julius Berger equipments between now and January into southeast you are on your own. But if he refuses and continues clinging unto his lackies i promise you guys 2million votes from southeast. Jonathan is pure 22 carat fraud.
cool

1 Like

Re: ‘buhari Is Nigerians’ Choice’ – Aregbesola by Gbawe: 8:20am On Dec 15, 2014
DickDastardly:
Gbawe you are right on this one, but if Mr clueless rolls in Julius Berger equipments between now and January into southeast you are on your own. But if he refuses and continues clinging unto his lackies i promise you guys 2million votes from southeast. Jonathan is pure 22 carat fraud.
cool

I doubt there is any money available for that sort of move. Nigeria is in serious trouble regardless of the lies the GEJ Government is churning out. The PDP is in disarray and will now believe it must commit every available kobo to winning the 2015 election. All these combined means there is no money to spend on any infrastructure 'sweetener'. The PDP will go for broke and lose.

3 Likes

Re: ‘buhari Is Nigerians’ Choice’ – Aregbesola by Nobody: 8:25am On Dec 15, 2014
Why will I vote for someone that toppled a Democratic government, someone that said that Abacha was not corrupt... In as much as I want GEJ out, I think he has to continue until we find a better younger option...

GEJ till APC gives us a younger, competent candidate and

5 Likes

Re: ‘buhari Is Nigerians’ Choice’ – Aregbesola by major466(m): 8:38am On Dec 15, 2014
A vote for Buhari is a vote for Backwardness and Confusion . Save yourselves from oppression. Use your vote wisely.

2 Likes

Re: ‘buhari Is Nigerians’ Choice’ – Aregbesola by major466(m): 8:40am On Dec 15, 2014
MusaIbrahim1:
Why will I vote for someone that toppled a Democratic government, someone that said that Abacha was not corrupt... In as much as I want GEJ out, I think he has to continue until we find a better younger option...

GEJ till APC gives us a younger, competent candidate and
Kayi magana mai kyau. smiley
Re: ‘buhari Is Nigerians’ Choice’ – Aregbesola by Flets: 8:57am On Dec 15, 2014
1. Gen Buhari allowed Shehu Kangiwa, the then Sokoto State Governor from 1979-1981, who conducted and supervised the famous "Bakolori Massacre" of poor peasant farmers, whose lands were seized without compensation, to remain under a very comfortable house arrest, without punishment or proper imprisonment.

2. Ikemba Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu, another Igboman who had just returned from 13 years of exile in 1982, following a pardon by then president, Shehu Shangri, was as well locked up in Kiri-Kiri Prison by Buhari. Till this day, we are not told what Ojukwu's offence was.

3. Buhari's CPC loyalists massacred and lynched Nigerian youth corpers after the last election. A refined politician is expected to tender an apology on behalf of the ignorant loyalists, buhari refused to apologise. He said, the mob were angry because they felt the election was rigged. Is that sufficient to take the life of another?

4. Buhari pretended to have forgotten, his CPC party, rigged the election by registering under aged voters. He who comes to equity must come with clean hands.

5. In 1983, an article "The Mallams are Coming" written long ago in the 70's by Bisi Onabanjo, whose column Aiyekooto (parrot - known for telling the plain truth) and a later one in which Onabanjo wrote, people should watch out for that "Gangly Officer from the North" after Buhari gave a no holds barred speech at a Army function, where he openly supported only pro-Fulani and pro-Islam to the exclusion of all other ethnic groups, and the termination of democratic rule, was recalled by Buhari. For exposing that, Onabanjo got a harsh jail term and was tortured while in prison.

6. Mrs. Vera Ifudu, who was an NTA reporter, was sacked on Buhari's orders as military ruler, for reporting what Dr. Olusola Saraki had told her in an interview about how the missing, $2.8 Billion money, while buhari was petroleum minister, was traced to Buhari’s account at Midland Bank, London branch. In view of this, OBJ scraped PTF over Buhari’s misappropriation. Vera eventually won her case in court after providing evidence, and was financially compensated.

7. That obnoxious Decree 4 by buhari, against which truth was no defence, was used to jail journalists, an attempt to shut-up the media as a whole. That tyrannical legislation of buhari shows the essence of his intolerance..... facts of recent history.

8. On the 4th of September, 1984, minutes before leaving Nigeria for an extensive tour of the US, Fela Anikulapo Kuti was arrested at the airport of Lagos on orders of Buhari and was jailed for 5 years, on bogus charges under emergency law initiated by dictator buhari, which prompted the sentencing judge to later confess that, he was ordered to do so and apologised to Fela. Get Fela's (Army Arrangement) song for more expose'.

9. Against all canons of legal decency, Buhari executed Lawal Ojuolape (30), BernardOgedengbe (29) and Bartholomew Owoh (26). Toput it quite plainly, one of those three –Ogedengbe – was executed for a crime that did not carry a capital forfeit at the time it was committed.

10. Buhari was in full support of all the atrocities of Sani Abacha against the Nigerian people. There is no single record of his criticism of Sani Abacha during those dark days when Nigeria was on precipice. It shows that he is a patriot of convenience.

11. After the military government of Major-General Muhammadu Buhari took power, Prof Ambrose Ali, one time governor of (Bendel) state, who had already retired from politics, was arrested and sentenced to 100 years in prison by buhari's military tribunal over trumped up charges. He was finally freed when the Esama of Benin, Chief Gabriel Igbinedion, paid a fine to buhari'government. Ambrose Ali died shortly after his release.

12. Mallam El-rufai who now sings buhari's praise famously said on Oct, 5th 2010 that " General Buhari is perpetually unelectable because his record as military head of state and afterwards, is a warning that many nigerians in the past have wisely heeded. His insensitivity to Nigeria’s diversity and his parochial focus are already well-known."

13. El-Rufai again said: “I was 25 years old when Buhari was Head of State and now am 50+ and he still wants to be President, i don’t understand that, i don’t understand that at all and I call on young people of Nigeria to take their future into their hands and ensure in the next election, they vote for a new generation of leaders. This man should pave way for a younger blood, we don't need an old man. Its only in Nigeria that u willl see the same set of former corrupt leaders hussling to to lead evern when they keep saying that we are the leaders of tomorrow, the same story my teacher told me many years ago. Can any Nairalander gladly point out any American former leader that is still vying for the same post?

A leopard can never, ever change it's spots. Nigerians, do not be deceived,vote wisely.

2 Likes

Re: ‘buhari Is Nigerians’ Choice’ – Aregbesola by rozayx5(m): 8:59am On Dec 15, 2014
maybe his family choice, i cant vote for a person who said Abacha was not corrupt shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: ‘buhari Is Nigerians’ Choice’ – Aregbesola by amakaeugene: 9:47am On Dec 15, 2014
rozayx5:
maybe his family choice, i cant vote for a person who said Abacha was not corrupt shocked shocked
but u can vote for a person who says stealing in all generality(both federal and all) is nt corruption

1 Like

Re: ‘buhari Is Nigerians’ Choice’ – Aregbesola by Aiyekooto: 12:12am On Dec 16, 2014
Flets:
1. Gen Buhari allowed Shehu Kangiwa, the then Sokoto State Governor from 1979-1981, who conducted and supervised the famous "Bakolori Massacre" of poor peasant farmers, whose lands were seized without compensation, to remain under a very comfortable house arrest, without punishment or proper imprisonment.

2. Ikemba Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu, another Igboman who had just returned from 13 years of exile in 1982, following a pardon by then president, Shehu Shangri, was as well locked up in Kiri-Kiri Prison by Buhari. Till this day, we are not told what Ojukwu's offence was.

3. Buhari's CPC loyalists massacred and lynched Nigerian youth corpers after the last election. A refined politician is expected to tender an apology on behalf of the ignorant loyalists, buhari refused to apologise. He said, the mob were angry because they felt the election was rigged. Is that sufficient to take the life of another?

4. Buhari pretended to have forgotten, his CPC party, rigged the election by registering under aged voters. He who comes to equity must come with clean hands.

5. In 1983, an article "The Mallams are Coming" written long ago in the 70's by Bisi Onabanjo, whose column Aiyekooto (parrot - known for telling the plain truth) and a later one in which Onabanjo wrote, people should watch out for that "Gangly Officer from the North" after Buhari gave a no holds barred speech at a Army function, where he openly supported only pro-Fulani and pro-Islam to the exclusion of all other ethnic groups, and the termination of democratic rule, was recalled by Buhari. For exposing that, Onabanjo got a harsh jail term and was tortured while in prison.

6. Mrs. Vera Ifudu, who was an NTA reporter, was sacked on Buhari's orders as military ruler, for reporting what Dr. Olusola Saraki had told her in an interview about how the missing, $2.8 Billion money, while buhari was petroleum minister, was traced to Buhari’s account at Midland Bank, London branch. In view of this, OBJ scraped PTF over Buhari’s misappropriation. Vera eventually won her case in court after providing evidence, and was financially compensated.

7. That obnoxious Decree 4 by buhari, against which truth was no defence, was used to jail journalists, an attempt to shut-up the media as a whole. That tyrannical legislation of buhari shows the essence of his intolerance..... facts of recent history.

8. On the 4th of September, 1984, minutes before leaving Nigeria for an extensive tour of the US, Fela Anikulapo Kuti was arrested at the airport of Lagos on orders of Buhari and was jailed for 5 years, on bogus charges under emergency law initiated by dictator buhari, which prompted the sentencing judge to later confess that, he was ordered to do so and apologised to Fela. Get Fela's (Army Arrangement) song for more expose'.

9. Against all canons of legal decency, Buhari executed Lawal Ojuolape (30), BernardOgedengbe (29) and Bartholomew Owoh (26). Toput it quite plainly, one of those three –Ogedengbe – was executed for a crime that did not carry a capital forfeit at the time it was committed.

10. Buhari was in full support of all the atrocities of Sani Abacha against the Nigerian people. There is no single record of his criticism of Sani Abacha during those dark days when Nigeria was on precipice. It shows that he is a patriot of convenience.

11. After the military government of Major-General Muhammadu Buhari took power, Prof Ambrose Ali, one time governor of (Bendel) state, who had already retired from politics, was arrested and sentenced to 100 years in prison by buhari's military tribunal over trumped up charges. He was finally freed when the Esama of Benin, Chief Gabriel Igbinedion, paid a fine to buhari'government. Ambrose Ali died shortly after his release.

12. Mallam El-rufai who now sings buhari's praise famously said on Oct, 5th 2010 that " General Buhari is perpetually unelectable because his record as military head of state and afterwards, is a warning that many nigerians in the past have wisely heeded. His insensitivity to Nigeria’s diversity and his parochial focus are already well-known."

13. El-Rufai again said: “I was 25 years old when Buhari was Head of State and now am 50+ and he still wants to be President, i don’t understand that, i don’t understand that at all and I call on young people of Nigeria to take their future into their hands and ensure in the next election, they vote for a new generation of leaders. This man should pave way for a younger blood, we don't need an old man. Its only in Nigeria that u willl see the same set of former corrupt leaders hussling to to lead evern when they keep saying that we are the leaders of tomorrow, the same story my teacher told me many years ago. Can any Nairalander gladly point out any American former leader that is still vying for the same post?

A leopard can never, ever change it's spots. Nigerians, do not be deceived,vote wisely.

Flets or whatever your name is, I hate the fact that your dumb cut and paste keep appearing as a mention on my wall.
My pen name is Aiyekooto and it's boring that for 4 days now, all you do is cut and paste the same 10 year old write up from Prof. Wole Soyinka.
Get a life, get creative and stop plagiarising recklessly.

1 Like

Re: ‘buhari Is Nigerians’ Choice’ – Aregbesola by juman(m): 3:16am On Dec 16, 2014
What made obasanjo failed can make buhari fail.

Those military generals that ruled with decree but still failed woefully.
Re: ‘buhari Is Nigerians’ Choice’ – Aregbesola by Flets: 5:26am On Dec 16, 2014
Aiyekooto:

Flets or whatever your name is, I hate the fact that your dumb cut and paste keep appearing as a mention on my wall.
My pen name is Aiyekooto and it's boring that for 4 days now, all you do is cut and paste the same 10 year old write up from Prof. Wole Soyinka.
Get a life, get creative and stop plagiarising recklessly.

Sorry and thank you....... Next! !!!
Re: ‘buhari Is Nigerians’ Choice’ – Aregbesola by Nobody: 5:35am On Dec 16, 2014
The choice of internal colonialists (Hausa Fulani Yoruba )

See their yeye plan below

Hausa-Fulani = 2015-2023

Yoruba = 2023-2031

GEJ till 2019
Re: ‘buhari Is Nigerians’ Choice’ – Aregbesola by nationwide1(m): 5:40am On Dec 16, 2014
Ogbeni Aregbesola got it wrong again! He would have said Buhari is the preferred choice of some Muslims and young Nigerians with little knowledge of history.
Re: ‘buhari Is Nigerians’ Choice’ – Aregbesola by CSTR: 7:27am On Dec 16, 2014
Who are 'Nigerians'?
Speak for yourself and maybe your region.
Re: ‘buhari Is Nigerians’ Choice’ – Aregbesola by Iykopee(m): 7:55am On Dec 16, 2014
Does it mean aregbesola cudnt differentiate his interest with Nigerians interests? God, how come Nigeria is blessed with dumb set of leaders? GEJ on one hand hasn't done enough to make a sane Nigerian vote him again. Buhari on the other hand is just empty and hasn't shown he has what it takes to move Nigeria forward in contemporary times.
Are we truly yearning for change or this is just another ploy by APC to bring back a hausa man, thereafter, a yoruba man takes over in a colonialist fashion that encourages slavery, bitterness, hatred, national disloyalty and suspicion among other ethnic groups? Cud this be the reason why some group of people still want GEJ in power? Time will tell.

(1) (Reply)

Countdown To Failbuhari 14 / Download New Yoruba Movies Nowww! / Please Give Reasons Why Unemployed Nigerian Graduates Should Vote GEJ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.