Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,563 members, 7,820,036 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:49 AM

The Reason Why I wont Support Buhari But Instead Rout For GEJ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Reason Why I wont Support Buhari But Instead Rout For GEJ (2598 Views)

Troops’ Rout Boko Haram RPG Factory, Slay Terrorists In Damboa [PHOTOS] / Anti-corruption: I Trust Buhari, But Not All Those Around Him- Bakare - Vanguard / I Trust Buhari But Doubt His Environment - Tunde Bakare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Reason Why I wont Support Buhari But Instead Rout For GEJ by 49cents(m): 9:53am On Dec 15, 2014
I am not fan of GEJ, in 2011 I wanted him out and canvassed everywhere I could for buhari but now that the stage is set, I have the following reasons not to support Buhari anymore and even rout for GEJ for the following reasons

1.His Romance with well known corrupt personalities in APC:

When he was in CPC I took him as that sole voice and crusader who could come in and change things but now that he is rolling in the deep with personalities like Tinubu, of whom he has said deserves the to pick the VP slot for him because "he had worked hard for his candidature"......Tinubu of all people......now a picture of him is trending with him ans the corrupt Atiku who allegedly was fingered by OBJ as initiating the first ever bribe to the members of the NASS.
Now with all these links with these rogues how can he truly fight corruption when he is dining with people he knows don't have a track record like himself?
I seriously doubt if he can even rebel against them once he gets into power!
Because I trust the APC thieving chiefs are ready to see that he is impeached if he tries any of that

As it is now GEJ has no Godfather and that's a plus for any nigerian politician and for the people he governs and I can see he is trying to win the people over with projects and policies.

2.Sectarian mentality: Buhari's is too sectarian than GEJ: buhari's vibes and body languauge has shown that he does not have a large heart of a leader; he is one of those who think Power belongs to the North and his more angered that power has been in the south more than he is angry that thinks aren't working better in Nigeria.
GEJ being from the minority tribe can't even be sectarian because he needs the support of the majority to succeed, that is why his cabinet is good mix of all tribes

3 stand on violence: .Buhari is not a man of peace: his reaction to the slaughtering of Corp members(one of us, nigerian youths) is horrible and unforgivable! He sympathised with the post election violence makers as he felt he was robbed! Even if he was robbed must he turn a blind eye to the killing of innocent Corpers at their prime

4. Boko Haram: buhari once said if he gets to power Boko haram will cease to exist in a matter of months
If he knows what will quell this bloody insurgency which have displaced hundreds of thousands of nigerians. have seen the heartless shedding of innocent blood and He, why can't Buhari offer to work with the President to quell the crises having claimed to know how to stop it?

To him he'd rather let people be killed the more so that we can look down on GEJ and look to him the Messiah for salvation.

5 .No articulated economic plans: Buhari is yet to state his social-economic plans to take Nigeria to the promise land, please don't cite APC manifesto because we all know it is just rhetoric......there has to be a maximum of three bullet plans, realistic and beleivanle that can take the country to greater heights.......all we hear is that he has one million left in his accounts.......poverty doesn't mean intelligence........ideas are what changes things and GMB has not being eloquent at all in these
GEJ has an agenda, though inadesquate but he has were his going to.

6. We don't want Genrotocarcy!!!

I never knew I would use this word after 15years since I heard it......I flunked the question in Civic studies in my freshmen year and that's how it stuck.....Genrotocracy is government by old people....

Pope Emeritus XVI gave up the papal seat citing age issues however a septugarian is jostling for an office that requires energy( see what Pa Elechi has done for Ebonyi.....nothin) what does Buhari at 70 have left to give a nation of 180 Million people other than counsel from the sidelines...
GEJ is the youngest democratically elected president let us at least maintain the status quo if for nothing else

They told us that we are the leaders of tomorrow......they had their chance and now they are taking our chance to determine our collective future as youth and here we are urging them on.......we must tell them to their faces: its our turn for determining how we want this nation to go

Its a shame we have stoped believing in our rights or aware of it at all. I heard what the APC thieftains were saying, when rochas was talking about Age, they chanted "arugbo la fe" meaning is the old we want.....can you imagine......

Gowon and co were in power in their 30s why can't that happen again in our time?

If buhari appreciates this point he should have looked for an upright young person and used his good name to canvass votes for him or her, why must he be the one always coming out?

Let's give GEJ another chance till 2019....the Man has tried (at least he has done better than his predecessors) even though not flawless as far as corruption is concerned or handling the insurgency.....

If for nothing else let's stop this Gerentocracy.....its our time to determine our tomorrow

27 Likes 8 Shares

Re: The Reason Why I wont Support Buhari But Instead Rout For GEJ by Flets: 9:56am On Dec 15, 2014
Apt and objective write up.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Reason Why I wont Support Buhari But Instead Rout For GEJ by lirusehn(m): 9:57am On Dec 15, 2014
TNX my blooder smiley.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Reason Why I wont Support Buhari But Instead Rout For GEJ by Wendyslim(f): 9:58am On Dec 15, 2014
Wat is dis one saying. Ur personal opinion sha

2 Likes

Re: The Reason Why I wont Support Buhari But Instead Rout For GEJ by 1stola: 10:00am On Dec 15, 2014
Gibberish...
Even the clueless man know what to do...

2 Likes

Re: The Reason Why I wont Support Buhari But Instead Rout For GEJ by 49cents(m): 10:01am On Dec 15, 2014
Wendyslim:

Please don't stop the conversation like this we need to reason it out

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Reason Why I wont Support Buhari But Instead Rout For GEJ by Tattooboy: 10:03am On Dec 15, 2014
its ur choice make
Re: The Reason Why I wont Support Buhari But Instead Rout For GEJ by eunisam: 10:13am On Dec 15, 2014
GEJ is the man to vote for #2015

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Reason Why I wont Support Buhari But Instead Rout For GEJ by Nobody: 10:30am On Dec 15, 2014
Yaba left escape
Re: The Reason Why I wont Support Buhari But Instead Rout For GEJ by bnovative(m): 10:35am On Dec 15, 2014
Informed Nigerians know it's not about good governance or lack of it, it's about power returning to the north.
we even feel more insulted when the followers of buhari would have us believe that he is the ONLY man that can "save" Nigeria; and I ask: assuming buhari dies, it therefore means Nigeria is doom. Smh.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Reason Why I wont Support Buhari But Instead Rout For GEJ by 49cents(m): 10:38am On Dec 15, 2014
1stola:
Gibberish...
Even the clueless man know what to do...

sentimental .........really waiting for one objective reason while GMB is a better choice

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Reason Why I wont Support Buhari But Instead Rout For GEJ by seankafor(m): 10:40am On Dec 15, 2014
True talk but i guess if a buhari supporter comes out to give his own opinion. Then we can judge from there. I hate one sided judgement
Re: The Reason Why I wont Support Buhari But Instead Rout For GEJ by 49cents(m): 10:41am On Dec 15, 2014
papiforreal:
Yaba left escape

still waiting for an objective post rather than emotional remarks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Reason Why I wont Support Buhari But Instead Rout For GEJ by Lumyboi(m): 10:42am On Dec 15, 2014
Only if u can be more realistic and objective most of ur points are baseless and can't b substantiated. Can u prove all dis tinz u r sayin? Well u said y u wnt vote em
U mean to tel me pdp chiefs are not criminals? Ridiculous.
Can anyone get to the level of contesting with an incumbent with any real chance in dis Nigeria if u don't v backin of d rich( n most of d rich in Nigeria are corrupt criminals b). U shld be more realistic Mr
On ur fourth and fifth points, read them again if they mke sense to u as an objective person. Wait in ur awse for em to come give u plans he has.
Imo al I want is change. V had Enuf of dis useless grp called pdp

4 Likes

Re: The Reason Why I wont Support Buhari But Instead Rout For GEJ by ahaika23: 10:43am On Dec 15, 2014
The Buharis would find it quite difficult coming up with a reasonable defense.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Reason Why I wont Support Buhari But Instead Rout For GEJ by 49cents(m): 10:44am On Dec 15, 2014
seankafor:
True talk but i guess if a buhari supporter comes out to give his own opinion. Then we can judge from there. I hate one sided judgement

i think they have been here but rushed out to prepare an adequate rejoinder hopefully cos all i see here is just emotional GMB followers and sympathisers cos my arguments is not about GEJ or Buhari as the Messiah but as what their candidature represents and portends for the Nigerian youth

Nigerian youths are not looking out for their interests anymore but are easily swayed by sentimental arguments

any movement that relagates youths should be shot down and buhari is such an example

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Reason Why I wont Support Buhari But Instead Rout For GEJ by PassingShot(m): 10:49am On Dec 15, 2014
Let me help you OP:

49cents:

When he was in CPC I took him as that sole voice and crusader who could come in and change things but now that he is rolling in the deep with personalities like Tinubu, of whom he has said deserves the to pick the VP slot for him because "he had worked hard for his candidature"......Tinubu of all people......now a picture of him is trending with him ans the corrupt Atiku who allegedly was fingered by OBJ as initiating the first ever bribe to the members of the NASS.
Now with all these links with these rogues how can he truly fight corruption when he is dining with people he knows don't have a track record like himself?
I seriously doubt if he can even rebel against them once he gets into power!
Because I trust the APC thieving chiefs are ready to see that he is impeached if he tries any of that
As it is now GEJ has no Godfather and that's a plus for any nigerian politician and for the people he governs and I can see he is trying to win the people over with projects and policies.

First of, record has it that Buhari never wanted to romance with the corrupt and that's the reason he was not supported in his previous attempts. How many Nigerians voted for him in 2007 and 2011 when he refused those you tag as corrupt?

As things are now, he doesn't need to prosecute past incidents of corruption but just to put a stop and move on. That much he has revealed in a recent interview.

You say GEJ has no Godfather but he has Godfriends and Godassociates who steal us blind and he is unable to do anything about it. It is also on record that to GEJ "stealing is not corruption"

49cents:

2.Sectarian mentality: Buhari's is too sectarian than GEJ: buhari's vibes and body languauge has shown that he does not have a large heart of a leader; he is one of those who think Power belongs to the North and his more angered that power has been in the south more than he is angry that thinks aren't working better in Nigeria.
GEJ being from the minority tribe can't even be sectarian because he needs the support of the majority to succeed, that is why his cabinet is good mix of all tribes

Pure sentiments and conjectures sold to you by the saTANs.

All the lies they put up against Buhari cannot be substantiated. Do you know that Buhari sued Ruben Abati who said in an interview that he was responsible for the statement of "making Nigeria ungovernable for GEJ"? Guess what, it took begging and pleading by the presidency to make him withdraw the false and wicked lie with the Guardian newspaper writing a well circulated apology to the People's General.

If you rely on the same lies by the TANoids to paint him black, you help his cause the more.

49cents:

3 stand on violence: .Buhari is not a man of peace: his reaction to the slaughtering of Corp members(one of us, nigerian youths) is horrible and unforgivable! He sympathised with the post election violence makers as he felt he was robbed! Even if he was robbed must he turn a blind eye to the killing of innocent Corpers at their prime
4. Boko Haram: buhari once said if he gets to power Boko haram will cease to exist in a matter of months
If he knows what will quell this bloody insurgency which have displaced hundreds of thousands of nigerians. have seen the heartless shedding of innocent blood and He, why can't Buhari offer to work with the President to quell the crises having claimed to know how to stop it?
To him he'd rather let people be killed the more so that we can look down on GEJ and look to him the Messiah for salvation.

On your point no. 3, I say bring evidence or STFU.

On no. 4, is it wrong to say that he will end Boko Haram if he becomes the president? Wait, how old are you?
You must be very naïve to even think that Buhari will offer to help without his help being sought and especially with a presidency that has wickedly labeled him as a sympathizer of Boko Haram.

49cents:

5 .No articulated economic plans: Buhari is yet to state his social-economic plans to take Nigeria to the promise land, please don't cite APC manifesto because we all know it is just rhetoric......there has to be a maximum of three bullet plans, realistic and beleivanle that can take the country to greater heights.......all we hear is that he has one million left in his accounts.......poverty doesn't mean intelligence........ideas are what changes things and GMB has not being eloquent at all in these
GEJ has an agenda, though inadesquate but he has were his going to.

6. We don't want Genrotocarcy!!!
I never knew I would use this word after 15years since I heard it......I flunked the question in Civic studies in my freshmen year and that's how it stuck.....Genrotocracy is government by old people....
Pope Emeritus XVI gave up the papal seat citing age issues however a septugarian is jostling for an office that requires energy( see what Pa Elechi has done for Ebonyi.....nothin) what does Buhari at 70 have left to give a nation of 180 Million people other than counsel from the sidelines...

GEJ is the youngest democratically elected president let us at least maintain the status quo if for nothing else
They told us that we are the leaders of tomorrow......they had their chance and now they are taking our chance to determine our collective future as youth and here we are urging them on.......we must tell them to their faces: its our turn for determining how we want this nation to go
Its a shame we have stoped believing in our rights or aware of it at all. I heard what the APC thieftains were saying, when rochas was talking about Age, they chanted "arugbo la fe" meaning is the old we want.....can you imagine......
Gowon and co were in power in their 30s why can't that happen again in our time?
If buhari appreciates this point he should have looked for an upright young person and used his good name to canvass votes for him or her, why must he be the one always coming out?
Let's give GEJ another chance till 2019....the Man has tried (at least he has done better than his predecessors) even though not flawless as far as corruption is concerned or handling the insurgency.....
If for nothing else let's stop this Gerentocracy.....its our time to determine our tomorrow

On No. 5, Is it too late that his plans have not been released? Did you read his acceptance speech or you're just too biased to see his 5 point agenda?

Now I know that I have wasted my time to respond to your nonsense you put up here because most of the rubbish are based on sentiments. I thought you were real.

If every Nigerian youth reasons like you, then yours is worse than the "wasted generation".

6 Likes

Re: The Reason Why I wont Support Buhari But Instead Rout For GEJ by 49cents(m): 11:00am On Dec 15, 2014
Lumyboi:
Only if u can be more realistic and objective most of ur points are baseless and can't b substantiated. Can u prove all dis tinz u r sayin? Well u said y u wnt vote em
Can anyone get to the level of contesting with an incumbent with any real chance in dis Nigeria if u don't v backin of d rich( n most of d rich in Nigeria are corrupt criminals b). U shld be more realistic Mr
On ur fourth and fifth points, read them again if they mke sense to u as an objective person. Wait in ur awse for em to come give u plans he has.

which of the points are baseless.......i believe you didn't school in France after the 2011 elections............

i didnt canonize GEJ i only tried to point out that the reasons why buhari should not become the next president becos that will ne going backwards; GEJ is only a stage in us moving fprward and moreover the power rotation thing must stop.........a prosperous nigeria is what we want not the chop i ci chop mentality enshrined in the power rotation philosophy
Re: The Reason Why I wont Support Buhari But Instead Rout For GEJ by 49cents(m): 11:18am On Dec 15, 2014
Lumyboi:

the PDP and APC are sides of the same coin............but dont be too eager to shout change without being mindful of the directtion.........

APC jeep talking as though they are saints when we know they are not

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Reason Why I wont Support Buhari But Instead Rout For GEJ by theM16: 11:25am On Dec 15, 2014
Op: what do you sincerely knw about Buhari? Personal experience or unbiased sources? Gimme a real point to proof he is more a tribal bigot than jonathan...based on his previous govt. I don't want stories u heard frm politicians or fools lik abati.

Do u honestly feel anyone can contest in Nigeria wtout having the backbone of the rich? Tell me one of the board of trustees of pdp or their sponsors that has a clean slate. I notice most of u guyz jst support blindly. Mostly because you are from ND(most of his supporters) and you have the gut to call someone tribalistic... u better think well to protect your future and that of your kids. Jonathan and his crew are busy securing the future of their kids with our money. Go check al of them, madueke, iweala and co. Maybe if a better opponent comes around, fine. But voting these set again? Impossible. Iweala is one of the biggest scams in this government

1 Like

Re: The Reason Why I wont Support Buhari But Instead Rout For GEJ by Lumyboi(m): 11:33am On Dec 15, 2014
49cents:

the PDP and APC are sides of the same coin............but dont be too eager to shout change without being mindful of the directtion.........

APC jeep talking as though they are saints when we know they are not

U tink there is a saint smwia ! This is not about saint. It's abou pdp and Jonathan v had Enuf time bt they v bn useless so far. Where is al d money they claimed to have saved from subsidy, what's d state of d money seized by south Africa, in this time of austerity what's d urgency about printing new 100notes(if not to embezzle) what has happened to d Bmw bullet proof cars and d woman responsible ? Or relieving her of her duties is all about that? Ur vote is ur right. I advice u to shun tribalism and tnk well about giving ur votes to criminals.
Re: The Reason Why I wont Support Buhari But Instead Rout For GEJ by ThankGodEdeh(m): 11:33am On Dec 15, 2014
Articulate
Re: The Reason Why I wont Support Buhari But Instead Rout For GEJ by banki(m): 11:45am On Dec 15, 2014
@op I am particularly irritated when you and your cohorts try to use the violence after the 2011 elections to score cheap political points.....
The corpers that died may their souls rest in peace its the duty of the security agencies to find their killers and jail them, I am aware that a committee was set up to look into the incidence, the committee gave their findings and gave a white paper to the president..... NOTHING HAPPENED AS USUAL.....

The same vigour you use to cry about the youth you claim you are one off, why don't you cry that one man duped thousands of Nigerian youth and killed about 20 of them across the federation under the guise of giving them jobs in the immigration service.....
Does it even bother you that the man is a serving minister, I didn't here you scream and open threads for someone who clearly has defrauded Nigerian youth of over 2billion naira and killed them in the process, the president came to the hospital and promised that each of the victims relatives will be given two automatic slots in the service as if that will help bring back the dead..... but then again that hasn't even been done.

Those are real issues except you are a paid goon, you will see through your nose that enough is enough its ok not to like GMB no one is forcing you to but stop writing and pretending as if you care about the dead, when you don't.....

2 Likes

Re: The Reason Why I wont Support Buhari But Instead Rout For GEJ by theM16: 11:52am On Dec 15, 2014
banki:
@op I am particularly irritated when you and your cohorts try to use the violence after the 2011 elections to score cheap political points.....
The corpers that died may their souls rest in peace its the duty of the security agencies to find their killers and jail them, I am aware that a committee was set up to look into the incidence, the committee gave their findings and gave a white paper to the president..... NOTHING HAPPENED AS USUAL.....

The same vigour you use to cry about the youth you claim you are one off, why don't you cry that one man duped thousands of Nigerian youth and killed about 20 of them across the federation under the guise of giving them jobs in the immigration service.....
Does it even bother you that the man is a serving minister, I didn't here you scream and open threads for someone who clearly has defrauded Nigerian youth of over 2billion naira and killed them in the process, the president came to the hospital and promised that each of the victims relatives will be given two automatic slots in the service as if that will help bring back the dead..... but then again that hasn't even been done.

Those are real issues except you are a paid goon, you will see through your nose that enough is enough its ok not to like GMB no one is forcing you to but stop writing and pretending as if you care about the dead, when you don't.....

Tnks so much bro. The crimes are just too numerous. This op is clearly deluded imo. A cheap goon he is. You have a right to vote anyone, but should be with reasonable facts

1 Like

Re: The Reason Why I wont Support Buhari But Instead Rout For GEJ by 49cents(m): 12:07pm On Dec 15, 2014
PassingShot:
Let me help you OP:

First of, record has it that Buhari never wanted to romance with the corrupt and that's the reason he was not supported in his previous attempts. How many Nigerians voted for him in 2007 and 2011 when he refused those you tag as corrupt?

As things are now, he doesn't need to prosecute past incidents of corruption but just to put a stop and move on. That much he has revealed in a recent interview.

You say GEJ has no Godfather but he has Godfriends and Godassociates who steal us blind and he is unable to do anything about it. It is also on record that to GEJ "stealing is not corruption"

Pure sentiments and conjectures sold to you by the saTANs.

All the lies they put up against Buhari cannot be substantiated. Do you know that Buhari sued Ruben Abati who said in an interview that he was responsible for the statement of "making Nigeria ungovernable for GEJ"? Guess what, it took begging and pleading by the presidency to make him withdraw the false and wicked lie with the Guardian newspaper writing a well circulated apology to the People's General.

If you rely on the same lies by the TANoids to paint him black, you help his cause the more.

On your point no. 3, I say bring evidence or STFU.

On no. 4, is it wrong to say that he will end Boko Haram if he becomes the president? Wait, how old are you?
You must be very naïve to even think that Buhari will offer to help without his help being sought and especially with a presidency that has wickedly labeled him as a sympathizer of Boko Haram.

On No. 5, Is it too late that his plans have not been released? Did you read his acceptance speech or you're just too biased to see his 5 point agenda?

Now I know that I have wasted my time to respond to your nonsense you put up here because most of the rubbish are based on sentiments. I thought you were real.

If every Nigerian youth reasons like you, then yours is worse than the "wasted generation".

“God willing, by 2015, something will happen. They either conduct a free and fair election or they go a very disgraceful way. If what happened in 2011 (alleged rigging) should again happen in 2015, by the grace of God, the dog and the baboon would all be soaked in blood,’’ Buhari reportedly told the party members who paid him a courtesy visit in Kaduna on Monday.

http://www.punchng.com/news/buhari-under-fire-over-threat-of-bloodshed/

if you read my post thoroughly with an objective stand you would see where i am headed but because you, like many other desperate and impressionable Nigerians think buhari with his new found pretenders in the APC are the elixir that will cure Nigeria of its maladies.

all your rejoinders are bereft of clear arguments because you just want change without being part of it.............how can an old man lead Nigeria, especially who was once there...........

he is an elder statesman he should remain that

perhaps you have lost the hope or yet to conceive the dream that one day a fellow youth, who has a future ahead of him or her rule, will legislate laws and govern states and even the federation and you rather choose a man in his seventies to chart your tomorrow for you,,this is very tragic that you feel yourself or your peers unworthy to occupy leadership positions
Re: The Reason Why I wont Support Buhari But Instead Rout For GEJ by 49cents(m): 12:28pm On Dec 15, 2014
banki:

Nigerian youth just love playing second fiddle from the stands as spectators when they can be the actors, but we are just too terrified at the idea,,,,,,,,,,we forever deem ourselves too irrelevant especially when our future is concerned

There is clearly an aristocracy is our polity and now we want to compound it with Gerontocracy...........crazy

i woild not hold brief fro GEJ regarding the loss of lives in the imigration exercise nor will i say his response was adequare; if you pay attention to my opening post you will see that i was just pointing out that buhari is far from flawless and his new found allies are just the same stuff as the PDP

i insisted that we dont want old people leading us anymore as if we the youths don't matter........they can advise and guide but lets us take the driver's seat afterall its our future that is at stake not theirs anymore

1 Like

Re: The Reason Why I wont Support Buhari But Instead Rout For GEJ by banki(m): 12:52pm On Dec 15, 2014
49cents:

Nigerian youth just love playing second fiddle from the stands as spectators when they can be the actors, but we are just too terrified at the idea,,,,,,,,,,we forever deem ourselves too irrelevant especially when our future is concerned

There is clearly an aristocracy is our polity and now we want to compound it with Gerontocracy...........crazy

i woild not hold brief fro GEJ regarding the loss of lives in the imigration exercise nor will i say his response was adequare; if you pay attention to my opening post you will see that i was just pointing out that buhari is far from flawless and his new found allies are just the same stuff as the PDP

but that's not what your post advocates, your post advocates that we should go ahead with Jonathan and abuse Buhari... well let me tell you my own opinion....
I don't believe we should choose a leader based on tribe religion or age....If a Fashola stood out to be president of Nigeria today the same youth will come out and talk about equity and raise different sentiments....

I will not join people bastardising Buhari not because he is a saint but we need a RESET we need someone who the young ones will look up to and say yes intergrity and hardwork can get us to the highest of places....We need value reorientation and that's why I will vote Buhari this time.
We cannot continue like this as a nation, the PDP and Jonathan have led us for the past 16 years and theres no moving forward instead they keep feeding us with crUmbs and expect us to jump at it... no matter how Bad you taint Buhari, I Know buhari will not pay subsidies to people that did not import fuel to Nigeria I know that even if they succeed Buhari will find a way to punish them for stealing, instead what do we have Mr president has not been able to prosecute even one of the subsidy thieves, instead we have them sponsoring the president for a second term by creating organisations like TAN which I believe you op belong too.

I am tired of the lies and deceit it takes only sincerity and will power to change Nigeria and we as a nation have tried The Pdp for 16 years and they have failed woefully.

Its not about age or generational gap,its about sincerity of purpose this government is young but made up of incredibley incompetent and dishonest people evidenced for you to see all around you, food is expensive clothes are more expensive we live in fear, we don't have light we still provide ourselves with water, the roads are still bad, life is still hard and more difficult in Nigeria than it was 5 years ago and you expect me to still vote the same man to power... that is UTTERLY IMPOSSIBLE

i insisted that we dont want old people leading us anymore as if we the youths don't matter........they can advise and guide but lets us take the driver's seat afterall its our future that is at stake not theirs anymore

Re: The Reason Why I wont Support Buhari But Instead Rout For GEJ by domack99(m): 12:55pm On Dec 15, 2014
49cents:
I am not fan of GEJ, in 2011 I wanted him out and canvassed everywhere I could for buhari but now that the stage is set, I have the following reasons not to support Buhari anymore and even rout for GEJ for the following reasons

I agree with you that GMB is now romancing with corrupt personnalities but when you say well know, i don't think Tinubu has been convicted of any crime in Nigeria compare to Alamieyeseigha. Is romance atleast is with people that have shown progress/development in their area even though much need to be done.

Come to think of it, which politician is not corrupt in Nigeria, is just a case of chosen the lesser evil and to pass the message that power belong to the people, that if they don't perform we can vote them out.

2.Sectarian mentality: To be honest, this is just pure assumption, there have been several counter post on Nairaland to prove that Buhari has enough cabinet members during is regime that were not core northerner likewise his projects as PTF chairman prove so.

3 stand on violence: Agreed, i don't like his response either during the 2011 post election violence, just like OBJ, GMB is also coming from a military background, i believe we all learn every, i believe part of his learning is what makes the ACN, CPC alliance successful.

Please don't let us be bias in our thinking, If a politician campaign to a village is that i will end water scarcity in this village which the incumbent has not been able to solve for the last 15 years in power, so does that mean his the one responsible for water scarcity all this while, so he should be jailed. Please look at Boka Haram as a basic security amenities lacking in Nigeria not from a sentimental angle. Constructive criticise GMB by looking how he intended to go about it, what his he going to do different.

Several people/politician has advise GEJ on what to do including International community saying he lacks political will to fight Boko Haram

5 .No articulated economic plans: I will pass

6. We don't want Genrotocarcy!!!. Whatever name it is called, all i want is a better Nigeria. Some country practice capitalism, some communism, some democracy either presidential type or parliamentary and they are all proud of their country. For as long as there is equality, fairness and justice, am in
Re: The Reason Why I wont Support Buhari But Instead Rout For GEJ by major466(m): 12:58pm On Dec 15, 2014
@Op Welcome to the light. Darkness have no union with Light.
Re: The Reason Why I wont Support Buhari But Instead Rout For GEJ by Remarkable: 12:59pm On Dec 15, 2014
You know, if you see something good and reasonable, there is nothing wrong in copying it and abandoning your own beliefs if you see you have belived in your own opinion and belifes based on wrong or disproven notions.

Is there anything the OP has written that you think is not a real progressive thing that we should be canvassing for in today's Nigeria? TODAY's Nigeria.

Wendyslim:
Re: The Reason Why I wont Support Buhari But Instead Rout For GEJ by Remarkable: 1:09pm On Dec 15, 2014
The problem is that the Buhari supporters on nairaland have been disgraced with all the lies they had about Buhari being disproven, i.e. his touted achievements. so since they have nothing tangible to present, they resort to promotion for by attacking GEJ.

(What I mean is, GEJ supporter will say our comatose railways have been resurrected, GmB supporter will say GEJ has not fixed XYZ road in the XY geo-political zone. Shizz like that).

This is just my observation, I am equally disappointed GEJ has no opposition, and feel insulted people trying to rub pooh (GMB as Messiah) on our face.

You feel me?

seankafor:

1 Like

Re: The Reason Why I wont Support Buhari But Instead Rout For GEJ by Remarkable: 1:18pm On Dec 15, 2014
Why do you talk about being real and objective when you in the same post talk about rumors and conjectures, more like fallacies... so insinuate a BMW that was bought as an official vehicle was stolen by the minister of aviation... you want someone to be real but you are not being real yourself... is that fair? or does that make sense?
Lumyboi:

U tink there is a saint smwia ! This is not about saint. It's abou pdp and Jonathan v had Enuf time bt they v bn useless so far. Where is al d money they claimed to have saved from subsidy, what's d state of d money seized by south Africa, in this time of austerity what's d urgency about printing new 100notes(if not to embezzle) what has happened to d Bmw bullet proof cars and d woman responsible ? Or relieving her of her duties is all about that? Ur vote is ur right. I advice u to shun tribalism and tnk well about giving ur votes to criminals.

(1) (2) (Reply)

'Attend Jonathan's Rally Or Forfeit Your Salary' - Fayose Threatens Workers / Fashola Commissions New School Classrooms. PICS... / PDP Urges Prayers For Buhari To Deliver, Says It’s Been All Motion, No Movement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.