Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,593 members, 7,861,829 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 08:30 PM

Who Is The Amen? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is The Amen? (590 Views)

Pastor Adeboye's Message To The "Amen" Crew On Facebook / Typing Amen On Facebook Picture Stories / The Pagan Origin Of The Word "AMEN" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Who Is The Amen? by Nobody: 10:27am On Dec 15, 2014
Being a CRS student in secondary school, we were taught that 'AMEN' means 'I AGREE'. So whenever we pray, and we say AMEN, it means we agree to the prayer being said.
However, I was studying the Revelation to John...and in chapter 3 verse 14, he wrote..
''To the angel of the church in Laodicea write:
''This is the message from the AMEN, the faithful and true witness, who is the origin of all that God created"
Is the Amen like a witness of everything happening on earth? Who is the Amen?
Re: Who Is The Amen? by Tallesty1(m): 10:58am On Dec 15, 2014
Well, AMEN has many meanings, for instance, amen can be said to mean so be it Or it can mean, the truth It is sometimes translated as truth; it can mean “what is being said is the truth.

To answer your question, I think the actual meaning of the word, Amen here, is given by Christ Himself. The second phrase after amen, the next phrase, is the definition of amen. So Jesus is saying, “This is the Amen, the Truth speaking, the Faithful and True Witness.”

John 14:6 says "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

The Amen is the Lord himself.

My 0.4 kobo.
Re: Who Is The Amen? by Nobody: 11:18am On Dec 15, 2014
Tallesty1:
Well, AMEN has many meanings, for instance, amen can be said to mean so be it Or it can mean, the truth It is sometimes translated as truth; it can mean “what is being said is the truth.

To answer your question, I think the actual meaning of the word, Amen here, is given by Christ Himself. The second phrase after amen, the next phrase, is the definition of amen. So Jesus is saying, “This is the Amen, the Truth speaking, the Faithful and True Witness.”

John 14:6 says "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

The Amen is the Lord himself.

My 0.4 kobo.
Ok..thank you

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 01/01/15 / Instagram Is Run By Anti-christs [must See] / Nigerians, Take Your Destiny In Your Hands —kumuyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.