Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,355 members, 7,836,457 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:09 AM

Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) - Poems For Review (57) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) (71675 Views)

NPC End Of The Year Thanksgiving Cypher. / NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta / 6 Memorable Poetry Collections By Nairaland Poets For 2014 - NPC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by yuzjet(m): 9:15pm On Apr 23, 2015
May his gentle soul rest in perfect peace!!! May his poetry inspiration flows to our poetic hearts.

Now to the main topic for tonight, we will be
focusing on Tyburn form of Poem. And tonight's class is tagged 'Introduction to Tyburn'

History of Tyburn:
Tyburn was a village in the county of Middlesex
close to the current location of Marble Arch in present-day London. It took its name from the
Tyburn Brook, a tributary of the River Westbourne. The name Tyburn, from Teo Bourne meaning 'boundary stream', it's quite
widely occurring, and the Tyburn Brook should not be confused with the better known River Tyburn, which is the next tributary of the River Thames to the east of the Westbourne.
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by cisse7575(m): 9:16pm On Apr 23, 2015
texanomaly:
Hello everyone. Its nice to be back. Hello Cisse my love. kiss
Iyawo mi
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by cisse7575(m): 9:19pm On Apr 23, 2015
For many centuries, the name Tyburn was synonymous with capital punishment, it having been the principal place for execution of London criminals and convicted traitors, including many religious martyrs.

INRODUCTION TO TYBURN:
What is a Tyburn?
A Tybur Poem is a six lines poetic form where the first four lines consist of just a single two syllabled words each that all rhyme. The last two lines are nine syllables where the fifth to eighth syllables are the words from the first four lines.
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by yuzjet(m): 9:19pm On Apr 23, 2015
cisse7575:
Iyawo mi

I don't like people to know that am jealous embarassed
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by texanomaly(f): 9:25pm On Apr 23, 2015
cisse7575:
Iyawo mi
Oko mi kiss

yuzjet:

I don't like people to know that am jealous embarassed
OMG! Are you in love with Cisse too? shocked
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by cisse7575(m): 9:27pm On Apr 23, 2015
texanomaly:

Oko mi kiss

OMG! Are you in love with Cisse too? shocked
Except of course if he is a gay
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by cisse7575(m): 9:32pm On Apr 23, 2015
my partner has been banned
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by texanomaly(f): 9:40pm On Apr 23, 2015
cisse7575:
my partner has been banned
lipsrsealed
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by Nobody: 9:21pm On May 03, 2015
laykorn:
After a series of meetings, the Nairaland Poetry Club has decided to start classes for beginners who wish to learn the art of 'inking'.

The decision was delayed to allow the club some time to pick volunteer teachers.

Those who are interested in being a part of the classes either as teachers or students should sign up on this thread.

Classes schedule:

Currently, there are 6 teachers on the team and two teachers have been assigned to a class to avoid disappointments.

Class 1: Sundays 9pm
Teachers: EverestDeBliu and texanomaly

Class 2: Tuesdays 9pm
Teachers: gloriaz and laykorn

Class 3: Thursdays 9pm
Teachers: LORDI and cisse7575

Note: For your signing up for a teaching post to be considered, you must have submitted at least one of the club's prior assignments.

Thank you
Laykorn - Acting President NPC

Ayamlaykorn

How do I join
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by Seezzy(m): 1:10pm On May 04, 2015
Please, hope I'm not too late? I'd love to join
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by texanomaly(f): 3:12pm On May 04, 2015
Boyolity:

How do I join

Seezzy:
Please, hope I'm not too late? I'd love to join

laykorn
OMA4U
Cisse
EverestdeBliu
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by masties2(f): 2:35pm On May 13, 2015
I would love to join as a learner . thank you
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by modestdude(m): 4:20pm On May 19, 2015
Hello everyone, i'm indicating interest to join this club. I hope to learn more to improve my literary skills. I have been a silent follower of this poetry section for a long time now.
Help me dissect this poem i wrote

A DISHONOURABLE HONOUR.

The frenzy was just unimaginable
Everywhere so buzzing
Cards at the marts again became profitable
With aroma of berbecue in eateries oozing

They said love is in the air
Red skimpy wears clutched the pleasure zones of our eves
The other parts, the sun treated so unfair
Twas in honour of Valentine the love chief of chiefs

Down the street was a pitiable sight
Tears streaming down the cheeks of a daughter of eve
Her boo she had just caught pants down with another in broad daylight
She too earlier was with another so brief

At the other side of the bend
A horror movie beamed live
In a clandestine manner a life came to an abrupt end
By the dagger of a jealous gang of five

Just down here right beneath my floor
A man violated a daughter of eve
For daring to walk out of the door
Without returning his valentine's financial gestures with a cleave

As the seconds ticked by, ushering in nightfall.
Traffic became mad as hotels and hot spots turned into a place of pilgrimage
Concubines sat on the laps of Ogas while baby-making machines became expendables like James bond in skyfall.
Condoms littered the roadsides in the wee hours thus painting a sodomic image.

In honour of Valentine they say it is, or is it not?
I can't stop but keep wondering.
How messy it has been for the memmorial of a poor priest who dared the emperor to tie the knot.
With this dishonourable honour methinks his spirit is not at peace but wandering.

To the people of corinth St Paul bared it all.
That love does not rejoice in evil, so it is.
To play in our court now is the ball.
So lets right the wrongs by loving rightly with ease

-Modestdude

1 Like

Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by OMA4U(m): 8:12pm On Jun 09, 2015
OMG! I have been too far away. I missed the poetry lessons.
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by joseph1832(m): 9:55pm On Jun 30, 2015
cisse7575:
For many centuries, the name Tyburn was synonymous with capital punishment, it having been the principal place for execution of London criminals and convicted traitors, including many religious martyrs.

INRODUCTION TO TYBURN:
What is a Tyburn?
A Tybur Poem is a six lines poetic form where the first four lines consist of just a single two syllabled words each that all rhyme. The last two lines are nine syllables where the fifth to eighth syllables are the words from the first four lines.
I just wrote two tyburn poems with this... Its very easy.
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by timpaker(m): 10:00pm On Jun 30, 2015
joseph1832:
I just wrote two tyburn poems with this... Its very easy.

I'm just seeing/hearing/reading this form of poetry oooo. "tyburn". I can't believe i have never heard/read of it before.

I will look it up and try and write one...

Can we see the tyburn you wrote?
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by joseph1832(m): 10:18pm On Jun 30, 2015
timpaker:

I'm just seeing/hearing/reading this form of poetry oooo. "tyburn". I can't believe i have never heard/read of it before.

I will look it up and try and write one...

Can we see the tyburn you wrote?
Sure bro, check out my collection of sex poems. grin. The tyburn I wrote are sex poems. Hehehe.
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by texanomaly(f): 5:18am On Jul 01, 2015
joseph1832:
Sure bro, check out my collection of sex poems. grin. The tyburn I wrote are sex poems. Hehehe.

You have an obsession my friend. grin
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by joseph1832(m): 8:36am On Jul 01, 2015
texanomaly:

You have an obsession my friend. grin
LMAO. Nothing like a good laugh to start the morning. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by Ycmia: 8:46am On Jul 04, 2015
Pls aw can I b a student
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by AlNelssyn(m): 9:24pm On Jul 25, 2015
Wish to b a Student too..
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by Shalomdee(f): 8:47pm On Aug 18, 2015
I am interested please. I am an aspiring poet and want to learn.
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by texanomaly(f): 10:38pm On Aug 18, 2015
Shalomdee:
I am interested please. I am an aspiring poet and want to learn.

Have you gone through this thread? There is a lot of good information.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by kester113(m): 2:23am On Aug 24, 2016
nice idea.how do i sign up as a student
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by mhiztee: 7:25pm On Aug 30, 2016
kester113:
how do I sign up for the lesson good evening
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by joseph1832(m): 7:43pm On Aug 30, 2016
Jigsawkillah your attention is needed here.

1 Like

Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by donifez(m): 9:54pm On Aug 30, 2016
kester113:
Drop your number so I can add you to the whatsapp group.
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by donifez(m): 9:55pm On Aug 30, 2016
mhiztee:
how do I sign up for the lesson good evening
Drop your number to be added to the whatsapp group.
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by JigsawKillah(m): 1:09am On Aug 31, 2016
joseph1832:
Jigsawkillah your attention is needed here.

thanks Boss for looking out
Doni's got this under control
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by joseph1832(m): 6:43am On Aug 31, 2016
JigsawKillah:

thanks Boss for looking out
Doni's got this under control
Amen.

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.