Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,770 members, 7,813,554 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:49 PM

Babangida's Son Arrested By Efcc - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Babangida's Son Arrested By Efcc (17467 Views)

Ex President, Ibrahim Babangida’s Son Breaks Silence About His Father’s Illness / Ibrahim Babangida’s Son And Grandchildren [PHOTO] / Ex-Senator’s Son Arrested For Alleged Robbery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Babangida's Son Arrested By Efcc by scribe(m): 9:24am On Aug 12, 2006
:oIt is reported today in ThisDay online and some other Nigerian newspaper, that EFCC has arrested Babangida's son. He is being queried about the 24% shares of Globacom allegedly traced to him.
Are the sacred cows now being brought to the slaughter? shocked
Re: Babangida's Son Arrested By Efcc by akani(m): 3:04pm On Aug 12, 2006
Pls can enlightened us where precisely to find the news package from a reliable source media?
Re: Babangida's Son Arrested By Efcc by Larufa(m): 3:12pm On Aug 12, 2006
Mohammed Babangida detained, EFCC looks into Globacom and IBB’s “front investments”

Mohammed Babangida, polo player and first son of former military president Ibrahim Babangida was arrested earlier today by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) from his Abuja hotel suite, sources told Saharareporters.

A source within the EFCC confirmed that his arrest was part continuation of a prolonged probe into the ownership of GLOBACOM, a telecom company owned by Mike Adenuga who was recently arrested by the EFCC.

Mohammed Babangida is alleged to posses 24% ownership in the $1.5 billion company. He had earlier been invited by the EFCC to explain how he came about the wealth used in purchasing the shares and he denied knowledge of such investments. The EFCC source said their investigation finally paid off after Mike Adenuga revealed this to the EFCC during his arrest and interrogation. Mike Adenuga had long been rumored as a front for retired General Babangida, who is unarguably one of Nigeria’s most corrupt past leaders.

Mohammed, according to our sources also owns oil blocks in Nigeria and Equatorial Guinea as well as several buildings in London even though he never held a real job his entire life.

Mohammed is married to Rahama Indimi, daughter of another IBB’s associate and front man, Alhaji Mohammed Indimi, Chairman of Oriental Energy Resources Limited which owns Oil Mining License (OML) 115 and Oil Prospecting License (OPL) 224 which covers around 61,000 acres located in shallow waters 35 miles offshore Nigeria's prolific southeastern producing area, Texas based Sovereign Oil and Gas company provides technical support to Oriental.

Sovereign's President Joseph M. Bruso, Jr. once said, "OML 115 is located in one of the richest oil tracts in the world. The block lies at the center of a 1.2 million-acre tract with over 7 billion barrels of proved oil reserves. The area produces over one million barrels of oil per day."

There is no official word from the EFCC about plan to bring charges against Mohammed Babangida. As at press time, IBB and his political associates were making frantic efforts to bail Mohammed from the EFCC in Abuja.

http://www.saharareporter.com/dn001.php?dnid=104
Re: Babangida's Son Arrested By Efcc by Odeku(m): 3:20pm On Aug 12, 2006
IBB its only a matter of time, Nigerian soul Will clown on him and his nefarious, dubious money laundry saga.
Re: Babangida's Son Arrested By Efcc by krazysage(m): 4:06pm On Aug 12, 2006
its about time
Re: Babangida's Son Arrested By Efcc by Odeku(m): 4:13pm On Aug 12, 2006
I wonder how he got all that money well, maybe his uncle sunny Udogu gave him the money cry kiss
Re: Babangida's Son Arrested By Efcc by krazysage(m): 4:15pm On Aug 12, 2006
lol.
Re: Babangida's Son Arrested By Efcc by donmayor(m): 4:24pm On Aug 12, 2006
All this one na story. No be naija we dey? IBB is still the most powerful man in Nigeria and daddy OBJ no fit touch am yet.
Re: Babangida's Son Arrested By Efcc by dude(m): 4:30pm On Aug 12, 2006
why are we all wasting time on a gist whose end can be predicted? i will tell you what. it's either he will be realased very soon and given a clean bill of health, (probably even apologised to), or he will still be realased and EFCC will tell us they are still investigating him. need no soothsayer to tell you his case with EFCC will then be layed to a tactical rest.
  there is no sincererity in all these politically motivated arrest. won' mo nko ti won se'.(them know wetin them dey do) . go and hussle for your daily bread and stop wasting strenth on a concluded issue.
Re: Babangida's Son Arrested By Efcc by LiquidMind(m): 4:45pm On Aug 12, 2006
Now, EFCC is doing a good job
Re: Babangida's Son Arrested By Efcc by Fimmy(m): 5:10pm On Aug 12, 2006
dude:

why are we all wasting time on a gist whose end can be predicted? i will tell you what. it's either he will be realased very soon and given a clean bill of health, (probably even apologised to), or he will still be realased and EFCC will tell us they are still investigating him. need no soothsayer to tell you his case with EFCC will then be layed to a tactical rest.
there is no sincererity in all these politically motivated arrest. won' mo nko ti won se'.(them know wetin them dey do) . go and hussle for your daily bread and stop wasting strenth on a concluded issue.
Re: Babangida's Son Arrested By Efcc by buchio7(m): 5:18pm On Aug 12, 2006
lets watch and see. as the late Bola Ige once said, "make we sidon look". undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Babangida's Son Arrested By Efcc by otokx(m): 5:20pm On Aug 12, 2006
@buchio7; na u biko - dem go soon do government magic (everything go just quiet)
Re: Babangida's Son Arrested By Efcc by DeepSoul(f): 5:25pm On Aug 12, 2006
These EFCC arrests of seemingly sacred cows is beginning to develop a certain pattern. They make arrests. The media makes plenty noise and before you know it, it disappears like smoke.

Shebi Adenuga was arrested recently. Why was he let off the hook eventually? I hear "Presidential Intervention" saved his neck. Mohammed Babangida has been arrested now and I can bet the two arrests are not unconnected. Very soon now, we'll hear he too has received the infamous "Presidential Intervention".

Same thing happened with Tafa Balogun. Na only God go save Nigeria from Nigerians.

But very soon, in the not too distant future, the IBBs of this country will be made to face justice! By then Obj won't be there to save them!
Re: Babangida's Son Arrested By Efcc by donmayor(m): 5:33pm On Aug 12, 2006
For the IBBs of this country to be able to face justice, they have to be dead by then. Until these men that have held Nigeria in bondage die, i don't see peace o. Was it not Ojukwu (who ran away at the heat of the Biafra war - I don't know if my facts are right here) that said sumthing sum few weeks ago about being ready to go to war again if 2007 is manipulated? Is it not IBB that ruined Nigeria and carried out many extra judicial killings that's coming for presidency and some fools in my opinion are canvasssing for him? , More like that
Re: Babangida's Son Arrested By Efcc by buchio7(m): 5:56pm On Aug 12, 2006
Exactly deepsoul, soon there will be a pharoah who does not know moses running the affairs of this nation n by den, wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink
Re: Babangida's Son Arrested By Efcc by xplicit(m): 5:58pm On Aug 12, 2006
woow!!! the news headline are really taking shape an these news paper are goin to be selling in bundle from murder of williams, murder by our honourably mr Dr rev. king aka his holiness to various laundry charges the heat is really increasin well wheathe we all know the end of this i geuss it could take a new turn we are not all bad leafs afta all the sacred cow could be offered to the masses for slaughter afterward dat would be more like it, like mode9 said it about to get ugly i bet w should just act like dre "THE WATCHER" cos even most of us watchin could get hit
Re: Babangida's Son Arrested By Efcc by Odeku(m): 6:03pm On Aug 12, 2006
Muhammad is going down, remember he was detain last year in swiss for withdrawing huge amount of money, he has to prove the source of his money.  this is no joking matter, IBB will start shaking like headless chicken, stay tune.
Re: Babangida's Son Arrested By Efcc by babadee(m): 6:23pm On Aug 12, 2006
lets wait and see their "gofment magic"
Re: Babangida's Son Arrested By Efcc by xdos(m): 6:34pm On Aug 12, 2006
Nigeria is getting interesting everyday.
Re: Babangida's Son Arrested By Efcc by diddy4(m): 6:41pm On Aug 12, 2006
he will be released and the story will end. no long thing.
Re: Babangida's Son Arrested By Efcc by kaynet(m): 6:49pm On Aug 12, 2006
o ga sa o!   where did this people want to head nigeria to? and IBB is trying his way back to the presidency! oloun gba wa o lowo awon amunisin yi o!
Re: Babangida's Son Arrested By Efcc by Emax(m): 7:06pm On Aug 12, 2006
Does the Rich also cry in Nigeria?

Wash and See is the name of the game.

Happy viewing.
Re: Babangida's Son Arrested By Efcc by Hugoboi(m): 7:12pm On Aug 12, 2006
Why is the govt witch hunting the poor chap, abi na im tell im poppa to theif all dem millons?? If EFCC will deem it worthy to arrest Babangida's son,then I think I should remind them that a certain Segun Obasanjo resides somewhere in the US.Afterall wat is sauce for the goose is also same for the gander, CHIKENA
Re: Babangida's Son Arrested By Efcc by otokx(m): 7:59pm On Aug 12, 2006
the guy should tell ribadu that his father gave him the money.
Re: Babangida's Son Arrested By Efcc by Hugoboi(m): 8:05pm On Aug 12, 2006
abi!!!
Re: Babangida's Son Arrested By Efcc by Odeku(m): 8:11pm On Aug 12, 2006
No His uncle Sunny Odogu game him the money remember he gave IBB a provate jet for his 50th Birth day then. and this is Mariam's brother, we will see, this time they have to prove the source of the finance, watch and see. And if my father is reading this thread, how come you havent shown me the money? lol shocked
Re: Babangida's Son Arrested By Efcc by otokx(m): 8:14pm On Aug 12, 2006
make ribadu go arrest IBB then na dat time we go know say e serious.
Re: Babangida's Son Arrested By Efcc by Remmzy(m): 8:51pm On Aug 12, 2006
Thisday
EFCC Chairman, Mallam Nuhu Ribadu had on Thursday vowed that the commission would expose all highly placed individuals who had looted public treasury. Ribadu, who said this in Lagos at a lecture organised by the Financial Institutions Training Centre (FITC), explained that the disclosure would enhance the commission?s campaign against corrupt politicians who were waiting in the wings to take power in 2007.

1.[/b]Over $400 billion oil money has been stolen by bad leaders. We are going to trace the activities of past and present leaders and publish the names of those leaders who have laundered money, their accounts and the names of the banks where the money is being kept.

[b]2.[/b]We will also close the account of those politicians who have laundered money and converted it for their political ambitions. This will stop bad people from coming into power,? he threatened.

[b]3.
"Over 80 per cent of Nigeria's money has gone to waste. This is a country with massive resources but people are suffering simply because we have poor management.?

[b]4.[/b]We respect people but there is no reason why people should respect a thief. If the leaders reduce themselves to cheap goat, we will discipline them,? he stated.
[b]Father in Heaven, do send your help & protection to Ribadu.[/b]I hope he does what he says!
Re: Babangida's Son Arrested By Efcc by GNature(m): 3:18am On Aug 13, 2006
IBB's son has been released.

Read below from Vanguard Newspaper

THE Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has released Mohammed Ibrahim Babangida, the son of former military president, General Ibrahim Babangida, from its custody.
Mohammed was arrested, Friday night, in connection with EFCC investigations into the shares of an indigenous mobile telecommunications giant, Globacom, but was said to have been released yesterday morning on bail as nothing had been found against him on the matter.

According to EFCC sources, Mohammed purchased about 24 percent shares in Globacom
and allegedly gave conflicting information about the shares contrary to the law.
It was alleged that although the suspect used a fictitious company, any knowledge of the matter when EFCC confronted him.

The sources alleged that it was when the EFCC traced the address of the fake company to Mohammed’s house in Kaduna that they closed in on him.

The chairman of Globacom, Otunba Mike Adenuga, had been arrested last month by EFCC operatives over alleged non-remittance of petroleum development tax which it collected from consumers through Consolidated Oil allegedly owned by the business mogul.
However, a source close to Babangia’s son told Sunday Vanguard yesterday that Mohammed was released after he allegedly made a statement to the EFCC.

“He has been released. He was released early this morning (yesterday) because nothing was found against him. We know those who sent the EFCC after him and we know who they are after but they will get nothing.

“You see, the same EFCC which arrested Mohammed was there when it was alleged that Obasanjo’s son bought a house in USA at a princely sum of N75 million and although the person who was accused was not working, he was not investigated. We know where they are coming from but, as said earlier, they will fail,” the source added.
Re: Babangida's Son Arrested By Efcc by AOsGrl: 7:24pm On Aug 13, 2006
Sometimes the shortsightedness of we nigerians baffles me.

Don't Get me wrong oh. EFCC is a good thing because in the long run its objectives will come home to roost and no one will be safe. Not even Obasanjo him self.

EFCC has been used as a tool by Obasanjo to root out all his opponents from Dariye to Alams to Atiku and right now he's going for his EX Godfather Babaginda by starting out with son. Kasala go soon burst.

All i know is please EFCC should ask Obasanjo to explain where he got the money to purchase 200 million shares he has in transcorp. Abi is the job as presido of Naija paying as much as one would expect for the CEO of a Fortune 500 Company?
Re: Babangida's Son Arrested By Efcc by otokx(m): 10:22pm On Aug 13, 2006
YES o

I hear the federal house wants to institute a probe into transcorp shareholding information.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Senate To Share Committees Between APC, PDP / PDP's Comfort Amwe Wins Kaduna Assembly Seat / #BuhariOneYearLater: How Far Has Buhari Secured Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.