Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,324 members, 7,815,632 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:41 PM

Fuel Subsidy Payment Drops To N4.48/litre - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Fuel Subsidy Payment Drops To N4.48/litre (13773 Views)

Naira Drops To 313.5 As Dollar Shortage Persists / Naira Drops To 251/dollar, External Reserves Now $29.7bn / Naira Drops To 235 Against Dollar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Subsidy Payment Drops To N4.48/litre by Firefire(m): 6:34am On Dec 16, 2014
I see a better time coming for Nigerians.

The current government is working to better the lots of her citizen.

More understanding required.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Payment Drops To N4.48/litre by Nobody: 6:34am On Dec 16, 2014
kwamone:
HISTORY OF FUEL PRICE INCREASES IN NIGERIA
(K for kobo, N for Naira)
•Gowon - from 6k to 8.45kobo
•Murtala - from 8.45k to 9k
•Obasanjo - from 9k to 15.3k
•Shagari - from 15.3k to 20k •Buhari - from 20k to 20k (Price remains the same)
•Babangida - from 20k to 39.5k
•Babangida - from 39.5k to 42k
•Babangida - from 42k to 60k (Private Vehicles)
•Baban gida - from 60k to 70k
•Shonekan - from 70k to N5 (Naira) •Abacha - from N5 to N3.25k (Price drops)
•Abacha - from N3.25k to N15
•Abacha - from N15 to N11 (Price drops)
•Abubakar - from N11 to N25
•Abubakar - from N25 to N20 (Price drops)
•Obasanjo - from N20 to N30 •Obasanjo - from N30 to N22 (Price drops)
•Obasanjo - from N22 to N26
•Obasanjo - from N26 to N42
•Obasanjo - from N42 to N50
•Obasanjo - from N50 to N65
•Obasanjo - from N65 to N75 •Yar'Adua - from N75 to N65 (Price drops)
•Jonathan - (New year present) N141
•Jonathan - (After labor strike) N97
BUHARI and YAR'ADUA did not increase prices.

followers of Jonathan, do the math.

history will repeat itself

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Payment Drops To N4.48/litre by Nobody: 6:35am On Dec 16, 2014
estyvino:
Oil price dey fall.. But why?!

Modified! Okwesiri ikele men

the fall of oil price is world wide, america is now self sufficient and is producing a sustainable amount, i think one of the oil producing company decided to flood the market with cheap oil to force the Americans to either quit or reduce production.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Payment Drops To N4.48/litre by StealthyMe(m): 6:36am On Dec 16, 2014
Fuel price in Nigeria is anti-gravity grin

Don't bother yourselves about it coming down....
Re: Fuel Subsidy Payment Drops To N4.48/litre by Cutest9gerian(m): 6:37am On Dec 16, 2014
kwamone:
if jonathan's cluelessness was in a fifa game level...it will be in LEGENDARY grin
Re: Fuel Subsidy Payment Drops To N4.48/litre by Muoweta: 6:38am On Dec 16, 2014
I think Nigerians shld burrow leaf frm Egypt during d days of Morsi things looked almost impossible, hardship like never b4;power cuts,long pms cues n d moment d military came in things became ok INITIALLY buh wats happening now? 2015 will forever be remembered in d history of Nigeria
Re: Fuel Subsidy Payment Drops To N4.48/litre by kccarew(f): 6:40am On Dec 16, 2014
This is so sad... Obj started it, he should better finish what he has started... And I believe without increment, what so ever comes in can be managed by us, and then we need to focuss more on agriculture for othere source of income... Can u imagine pounded yam (can't remember the name of the product) this nigerian based abroad Yoruba man will export the yam as the raw material to his company over there and then import his finished product as poundo yam And sells it very expensive than the other yam flour or poundo product we consume here... Sad so sad!
kwamone:
Re: Fuel Subsidy Payment Drops To N4.48/litre by henryobinna(m): 6:41am On Dec 16, 2014
kwamone:

Buhari n yar adua how many years did they rule?
Re: Fuel Subsidy Payment Drops To N4.48/litre by peter4d2(m): 6:42am On Dec 16, 2014
Let dis govt jess apply a carrot n stick approach not bin partial.

Outrightly cancel subSidy cos it not yielding results.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Payment Drops To N4.48/litre by bewla(m): 6:44am On Dec 16, 2014
does that say we expect price reduction soon
Re: Fuel Subsidy Payment Drops To N4.48/litre by Misogynist2014(m): 6:47am On Dec 16, 2014
So since we've been hammering diversification, these people have done close to nothing, consequently making us to cut expenses! PDP must be chased out!
Re: Fuel Subsidy Payment Drops To N4.48/litre by ichidodo: 6:48am On Dec 16, 2014
Oil marketers and filling station owners are takin the piss out of Nigerians...If subsidy reduces due to fall in oil price then Pms price should fall or at worse remain stable. This has to be known as inhumanity by fellow Nigerians on fellow Nigerians.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Payment Drops To N4.48/litre by Islie: 6:54am On Dec 16, 2014
do people still believe this subsidy crap

it's just a way that the government enrich their cronies and political associates
that's why we always have fraud in the subsidy funds running to billions
Re: Fuel Subsidy Payment Drops To N4.48/litre by Soso990240(m): 6:58am On Dec 16, 2014
Nawaoh
Re: Fuel Subsidy Payment Drops To N4.48/litre by Kingbilo(m): 6:59am On Dec 16, 2014
Godfullsam:
Fuel subsidy has dropped to its lowest ebb and we still pay close to hundred naira per litre This adminitration is not only clueless but also dubious

Don't conclude yet.. I think the answer to your question will be revealed if fuel price keeps dropping. Once the landing price and selling price equalise there will be no need for subsidy and the government will have no leeway for corruption concerning subsidy matters simply because subsidy will no longer exist... Unless they change the selling price again to maintain a margin.. For now, I don't support that.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Payment Drops To N4.48/litre by thaoriginator: 7:00am On Dec 16, 2014
kwamone:
Wow shocked

Na Sai Buhari be that o! RIP Yar'adua angry Die, Die, Die PDP!
Re: Fuel Subsidy Payment Drops To N4.48/litre by Kingbilo(m): 7:02am On Dec 16, 2014
ichidodo:
Oil marketers and filling station owners are takin the piss out of Nigerians...If subsidy reduces due to fall in oil price then Pms price should fall or at worse remain stable.

Not necessarily.. Subsidy funding which is paid to marketers by the government could fall and subsidy will be extinguished by next year. Subsidy per litre falling should lead to subsidy payment by government falling freeing up cash for development of other projects
Re: Fuel Subsidy Payment Drops To N4.48/litre by Youngzedd(m): 7:02am On Dec 16, 2014
Godfullsam:
Fuel subsidy has dropped to its lowest ebb and we still pay close to hundred naira per litre This adminitration is not only clueless but also dubious
Re: Fuel Subsidy Payment Drops To N4.48/litre by Nobody: 7:03am On Dec 16, 2014
Going up up up.going up up up....the price of petrol is going up

Yes, Nigerians, the dividends of an oil dependent economy....the chronic shortage of cash due to a poor GDP.

Oil rich economies appear rich, but they are not rich.

And as the oil price falls,the amount of money to keep the naira from falling further is going to rise. The amount of money needed for budget is going to rise. And something has to go....and it is the fuel subsidy.

There is a solution Nigerians.....industrialisation.....so that we can have a GDP like that of Germany....and be able to pay for welfare projects, and all sorts of other things....including fuel subsidy.

But you Nigerians like eating oil cake....you do not want to work hard at making the machine that produces said cake because hard work is soooooo beneath you.(And if no cake.....tantrums galore!!)

Nigerians....the road is clear. Make your leaders, especially your state governors develop industries....and technical schools. You do not need to go to university to graduate as glorified clerk first class. You need to be doing something....anything with your hands and yor brains. Them Northerners should be manufacturing radios, and them Southerners should be making a made in Nigeria TV.

But no....you want to pretend that you are as rich as Saudi because....you produce oil.

Oil is a curse.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Payment Drops To N4.48/litre by Nobody: 7:04am On Dec 16, 2014
SirShymex:
And what are Nigerians going to benefit from being an oil producing country?

There's no welfare system in place, despite the oil...and the meagre subsidy they benefit from oil, is about to be cut - shameful.

This is the worst form of extreme capitalism ever known to mankind!

Also, oil prices has dropped, shouldn't the price of oil derivatives also drop as well?

Well said,you took the words out of my mouth.... cool
Re: Fuel Subsidy Payment Drops To N4.48/litre by mfm04622: 7:07am On Dec 16, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
Who will invest it? Do you know Billions have been wasted by this government? If you scrap the Subsidy, then kiss the little dividend of being an oil producing nation goodbye.

Nothing was achieved with the so called partial subsidy removal/Sure-P Money.

What divident? The citizens are not enjoying anything, the country is just subsidising some billionaires. That is all!
Re: Fuel Subsidy Payment Drops To N4.48/litre by Kingbilo(m): 7:10am On Dec 16, 2014
Subsidy is basically being abolished by falling oil prices. Lol. I'm sure okonjo will be chuckling somewhere. You can #occupyNigeria over falling oil prices... "Only 5 naira to go and subsidy will no longer exist grin"
Re: Fuel Subsidy Payment Drops To N4.48/litre by honourhim: 7:15am On Dec 16, 2014
They should just settle their issues with the oil workers. We are tired of their empty assurances of uninterupted supply during every scarcity Period. Liars.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Payment Drops To N4.48/litre by jojoki: 7:23am On Dec 16, 2014
kccarew:
We also need to have our own refinarries here at home, instead of exporting and then import again at a higher price, can u imagine on our own raw material again, we need to think outside the box mr gej, spend the money, we have it, so spendd it on something that will help us grow and nobody will question u for that, like we need u to spend the money on ammunations For our combating soliders

Bro, I don't want uncle Jona to waste our money again unnecessarily, February 14 is our d-day when heart attack and sudden high blood pressure will be a common thing in this present administration.

vote wisely, not because of rice and Maggie.

vote for change and let your change be your REVOLUTION.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Payment Drops To N4.48/litre by Mobi47(m): 7:28am On Dec 16, 2014
What is goodluck jonathan doing as the presedent of nigeria. He promised that fuel subsidy money would be used to renovate our refinary, but up till now, those refinary are not working. That man is not capable at all. Nigerians lets push this man off. He doesnt deserve to come back. assuming our refinary are functioning, most of our problems must habe been solved. I am igbo, lets stop being sentimental.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Payment Drops To N4.48/litre by kccarew(f): 7:29am On Dec 16, 2014
Lol, thanks bro... 1. I aint a guy...2. Me no dey vote for anybody...3. What president didn't do 2term when he was on sit, hmmm think about it, apart from yar aduer who died... Its so obvious that bro joe will rule again dear.
jojoki:

Bro, I don't want uncle Jona to waste our money again unnecessarily, February 14 is our d-day when heart attack and sudden high blood pressure will be a common thing in this present administration.

vote wisely, not because of rice and Maggie.

vote for change and let your change be your REVOLUTION.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Payment Drops To N4.48/litre by ICHINONYE(m): 7:32am On Dec 16, 2014
I think subsidy shud just go,if we can buy fuel at 97Nairra now on Subsidy I think we can buy fuel @101Naira if removed,I waz even tinkn subsidy on fuel is up to 20 naira.

I see no reason y we shud waste those trilion on subsidy yearly wen d govt can use dat to build more refinery in each states
WhiteTechnology:
Subsidy must go

No more free money again

Subsidy should be invested into agriculture and industrialization

Why are cocoa groundnut palm oil and other resources wasting
Re: Fuel Subsidy Payment Drops To N4.48/litre by jpphilips(m): 7:32am On Dec 16, 2014
SirShymex:
And what are Nigerians going to benefit from being an oil producing country?

There's no welfare system in place, despite the oil...and the meagre subsidy they benefit from oil, is about to be cut - shameful.

This is the worst form of extreme capitalism ever known to mankind!

Also, oil prices has dropped, shouldn't the price of oil derivatives also drop as well?

Who did you vote in the 2011 elections?
Re: Fuel Subsidy Payment Drops To N4.48/litre by jojoki: 7:43am On Dec 16, 2014
kccarew:
Lol, thanks bro... 1. I aint a guy...2. Me no dey vote for anybody...3. What president didn't do 2term when he was on sit, hmmm think about it, apart from yar aduer who died... Its so obvious that bro joe will rule again dear.

Pretty, Tut you're a Guy, nevertheless the jinx will be broken and we shall all that a big risk my voting GMB. I am not also a politician but the events lately are changing my mind, imagine I spent 2 hours b4 I could fill my car tank yesterday.

God will save us from this cankerworms
Re: Fuel Subsidy Payment Drops To N4.48/litre by kccarew(f): 7:49am On Dec 16, 2014
Amen! Wow, but I haven't had such experience in fill my car here on the island, what area is urs?
jojoki:

Pretty, Tut you're a Guy, nevertheless the jinx will be broken and we shall all that a big risk my voting GMB. I am not also a politician but the events lately are changing my mind, imagine I spent 2 hours b4 I could fill my car tank yesterday.

God will save us from this cankerworms
Re: Fuel Subsidy Payment Drops To N4.48/litre by peculiarabacus(m): 7:52am On Dec 16, 2014
LIKE I DO SAY: Let's give chance to other govt

APC for 2015
Re: Fuel Subsidy Payment Drops To N4.48/litre by dre11(m): 7:56am On Dec 16, 2014
RockMaxi:

grin grin Don't be furious yet, save the energy till you discover without doubt how you have been subsidizing the government with the abracadabra Oil accounting. grin grin
GOD is writing with his finger on the wall for all to see, only the discerning heart will see it. Forget the Propaganda been used as the noise to confuse you. Somethings are not right with fuel subsidy. The secrecy is deep. tongue

So deep my brother

https://www.nairaland.com/2039821/n3.1bn-subsidy-scam-efcc-re-arraigns

Just like this scam reported here
I don't know who they are lieing to with the subsidy poo

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

American Firm, John Deere To Establish Tractor Assembly Plant In Nigeria / Naira May Drop On Profit-taking, Increased Demand / Crude Oil Prices Plunge Further

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.