Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,534 members, 7,823,322 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:43 AM

Crude Oil Prices Plunge Further - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Crude Oil Prices Plunge Further (13783 Views)

Oil Prices Soar As OPEC+ Prepares To Cut Supplies / Market Indices Plunge Further By N155billion / Mark Zuckerberg Loses 17. 6bn Plunge To World's Sixth Richest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Crude Oil Prices Plunge Further by jimfarayola(m): 1:42am On Feb 09, 2017
Brent futures yesterday went down 0.8 percent at $54.6 barrel per day (bbl) as West Texas Intermediate, WTI crude was down 1.2 percent at $51.57/bbl.

This is even as the Energy Information Administration, EIA’s forecast that U.S. crude oil production will rise to 9 million bbl this year with another 500,000 bbl increase in 2018.FXTM Research Analyst Lukman Otunuga, told Vanguard that, WTI Crude was exposed to further losses on Wednesday after the shocking increase in United State fuel inventories and decline in Chinese demand revived concerns of the excessiveoversupply in the global markets.

He noted that, the resurgence of U.S shale production could undermine the efforts of Organisation of the Petroleum Exporting Countries, OPEC, and Non-OPEC members in mitigating the global oversupply consequently leaving oil prices vulnerable.He added, “There is a threat of the OPEC production cut deal falling apart in the future if U.S shale continues to pump incessantly.

Although oil prices were initially buoyed by the optimism over OPECand Non-OPEC members achieving roughly82 percent compliance with its production cut, the big elephant in the room known as U.S shale should limit upside gains. “The breakdown below $52 on WTI could spark a further selloff lower towards $51.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/02/crude-oil-prices-plunge/
Re: Crude Oil Prices Plunge Further by herzernBABA: 1:45am On Feb 09, 2017
Even if we are to diversify.

The need for oil presently is unarquable.

Diversification is a qradual process not spontaneous.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Crude Oil Prices Plunge Further by Neimar: 7:28am On Feb 09, 2017
o
Re: Crude Oil Prices Plunge Further by salabscholar01(m): 7:28am On Feb 09, 2017
US shale producers are coming back and I think the market has been underestimating their ability to react. The market must act fast before things fall apart as this will be against our sale... The era of oil has really gone and we must not see oil as all in all.

1 Like

Re: Crude Oil Prices Plunge Further by AntiWailer: 7:28am On Feb 09, 2017
Diversification of the economy is not an option, it is a must.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crude Oil Prices Plunge Further by MrGreenMavro: 7:29am On Feb 09, 2017
shocked

1 Like

Re: Crude Oil Prices Plunge Further by AngelicBeing: 7:29am On Feb 09, 2017
Not a good one for a depressed and recessed economy like Nigeria sad

1 Like

Re: Crude Oil Prices Plunge Further by Integrityfarms(m): 7:29am On Feb 09, 2017
In as much as the price of cruse is still above our budget benchmark, there is no much cause yet for an alarm.

1 Like

Re: Crude Oil Prices Plunge Further by ExpiredNigeria: 7:29am On Feb 09, 2017
Nigeria is the only country with diminishing asset that is not preparing for a future without oil.

3 Likes

Re: Crude Oil Prices Plunge Further by Tokziby: 7:29am On Feb 09, 2017
Its a natural phenomenon in the financial world. There are no perfect slope for a currency or commodity either going up or down, it is always formed on a zig-zag or wave pattern. It will go up and down but maintains a perfectly upward or downward movement. Take ur Naira for example, its didnt fly to 500 in a day, it goes up for 3naira today, reduce to by 1 naira and increase by 4naira next tomorrow. With this scenario, u can identify its upward progression by the number of reduction compared to increment. Crude oil will still go up and definitely come down again cos market condition are always dynamic and unpredictable. "Say what? say what? anything can happen" wink

4 Likes

Re: Crude Oil Prices Plunge Further by nonxo007(m): 7:29am On Feb 09, 2017
There will always be a way out
Re: Crude Oil Prices Plunge Further by Nobody: 7:30am On Feb 09, 2017
AntiWailer:
Diversification of the economy is not an option, it is a must.

Indeed it is.

We need a stable source of foreign exchange....and oil is not that stable source.
Re: Crude Oil Prices Plunge Further by veacea: 7:31am On Feb 09, 2017
Crude oil
Re: Crude Oil Prices Plunge Further by olaolulazio(m): 7:31am On Feb 09, 2017
Buhari's life plunges further.

2 Likes

Re: Crude Oil Prices Plunge Further by shammah1(m): 7:31am On Feb 09, 2017
Hmm

1 Like

Re: Crude Oil Prices Plunge Further by dingbang(m): 7:31am On Feb 09, 2017
Mchew the price should just reach 0 dollars let me rest

1 Like

Re: Crude Oil Prices Plunge Further by mokaflex(m): 7:31am On Feb 09, 2017
Nigeria as a country hasn't shown this would help us in anyway get back on our feet.

1 Like

Re: Crude Oil Prices Plunge Further by lastmessenger: 7:32am On Feb 09, 2017
And the wise one/saint is busy searching for oil upandan in the north.

6 Likes

Re: Crude Oil Prices Plunge Further by oluseyiforjesus(m): 7:32am On Feb 09, 2017
Only if our Government knows the meaning of this, cos I see dem all clueless
Re: Crude Oil Prices Plunge Further by Arewa12: 7:33am On Feb 09, 2017
We u re let me no
Re: Crude Oil Prices Plunge Further by CaptainBomb(m): 7:33am On Feb 09, 2017
I don't know where to start from again.. All the test we did for my sister when she was in General Hospital was rejected at LUTH , now we have to start all over again. I still have 50k left with me from the donation we got earlier... But seeing the cost of the new test they asked us to do at PATHCARE LAB INSIDE LUTH the 50k can't do anything.. She has not been admitted ooo.. Not to talk of operations fee.. The doctor said she has chances of survival because from the test we did yesterday the doctor said some things can be corrected. Now i am thinking of going into the street to seek for assistance with a placard. She is in Pain. Serious pain
Re: Crude Oil Prices Plunge Further by fowosh: 7:34am On Feb 09, 2017
PDP caused this and we must all blame dem....abi no b so?

2 Likes

Re: Crude Oil Prices Plunge Further by kabrud: 7:34am On Feb 09, 2017
That's the reality (fluctuating) some goats will be saying the price has soared up to $60.
Re: Crude Oil Prices Plunge Further by clefstone(m): 7:34am On Feb 09, 2017
Bad omen dey follow Buhari

1 Like

Re: Crude Oil Prices Plunge Further by juman(m): 7:35am On Feb 09, 2017
The senseless apc government has no way out of the recession they plunge nigeria into.

Oil is their only hope. Clueless individuals.

1 Like

Re: Crude Oil Prices Plunge Further by buchilino(m): 7:36am On Feb 09, 2017
PERSONALLY I DON'T GIVE A DAMN ANYMORE. IF PRICE IS UP, NO CHANGE N IF D PRICE IS DOWN, STILL NO CHANGE. SO TELL ME Y I SHOULD EVEN CARE.

1 Like

Re: Crude Oil Prices Plunge Further by Truth234(m): 7:49am On Feb 09, 2017
To be honest Nigerian Newspapers are messed up. Brent crude oil is the most appreciated crude and currently trading above $55 a barrel. WTI is $52.
Re: Crude Oil Prices Plunge Further by adecz: 7:50am On Feb 09, 2017
If crude oil prices falls, it's bad news for Nigerians.
If crude oil rise, it's still bad news, because importers & marketers will say their costs have gone up & will have to increase pump prices.
Is petroleum really a blessing or curse for black man? undecided

1 Like

Re: Crude Oil Prices Plunge Further by Segadem(m): 7:55am On Feb 09, 2017
adecz:
If crude oil rise, it's still bad news, because importers & marketers will say their costs have gone up & will have to increase pump prices.
Is petroleum really a blessing for black man? undecided
e be like say na only u understand wetin I dhey talk

Crude oil plunge in price yet diesel and kerosine price skyrocketed in Nigeria market

1 Like

Re: Crude Oil Prices Plunge Further by Nobody: 7:56am On Feb 09, 2017
adecz:
Is petroleum really a blessing for black man? undecided

Well, if we increased domestic refining capacity, it could be a blessing.
Re: Crude Oil Prices Plunge Further by Nobody: 7:57am On Feb 09, 2017
fowosh:
PDP caused this and we must all blame dem....abi no b so?

Not exactly. Nigeria from Independence has been dependent on exporting raw materials, and importing stuff we could have made easily at home.

That is not good economic practice
Re: Crude Oil Prices Plunge Further by NOETHNICITY(m): 8:00am On Feb 09, 2017
Another bad news for Nigeria.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fuel Subsidy Payment Drops To N4.48/litre / American Firm, John Deere To Establish Tractor Assembly Plant In Nigeria / CBN BDC Ban Explained - Fisayo Fosudo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.