Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:19 AM

FRSC Advocates Use Of Bicycles As Alternative Means Of Transport (pics) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FRSC Advocates Use Of Bicycles As Alternative Means Of Transport (pics) (1305 Views)

List Of Agencies And Parastatals Under Amaechi, As A Minister Of Transport / Fashola Commissions LASU School Of Transport. PICS.. / OKADA Nightmare Or Transport? (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FRSC Advocates Use Of Bicycles As Alternative Means Of Transport (pics) by Firefire(m): 5:56am On Dec 16, 2014
The Federal Road Safety Commission (FRSC) on Monday said that the commission would continue to promote the use of bicycles as an alternative means of transportation in the country.

Then FRSC Zonal Commander, Mr Luka Kinya, said this at the formal launching of its annual ‘National Bicycle Week’ in Osogbo.

Kinya, who is in charge Osun, Ondo and Oyo, said this was being done as part of its efforts to decongest the roads.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the launch is the second edition of the programme being pursued nationally by the FRSC.

He said the commission was partnering with the Osun Ministry of Works, Youths, Sports and Special Needs for this year’s programme.

The zonal commander said the exercise was to sensitise the public on the need to embrace and make use of the bicycle as an alternative and safe means of transportation.

He said it would be beneficial to the public to know that riding a bicycle for 30 minutes every week would give a person the chance of living 10 years longer than some that do not.

He said bicycle riders also fall sick 25 per cent less than those who did not ride bicycles.

Kinya also said that bicycle riders save more money compared to those buying fuel to drive a car.

He said members of the public would therefore benefit a lot if they embrace the use of bicycle as a means of transportation.

Dr Akinyinka Esho, the Permanent Secretary in the Ministry of Youths, Sports and Special Needs, said the state government was glad to partner with the FRSC in keeping the people and roads safe.

Esho, who was represented by Mr Lai Adeshinyan, a Director in the Ministry, said the campaign for the people to embrace the use of bicycles would be beneficial to the public in the long run.

He said apart from decongesting the roads and reducing road traffic crashes, it would equally help the government to map out bicycle lanes in their road construction and rehabilitation projects.

He advised indigenes and residents of the state to embrace the bicycle riding culture, saying it was a cheap and cost effective mode of transportation.

NAN reports that the ‘National Bicycle Week’ is to run from Dec. 15 to Dec. 20 in all the 36 states of the federation

http://dailypost.ng/2014/12/15/frsc-advocates-use-bicycles-alternative-means-transport/

Re: FRSC Advocates Use Of Bicycles As Alternative Means Of Transport (pics) by Nobody: 6:00am On Dec 16, 2014
Old pictures tho
Re: FRSC Advocates Use Of Bicycles As Alternative Means Of Transport (pics) by damoskiy(m): 6:00am On Dec 16, 2014
Yeah.true...but those bikers must use the right kit to avoid stories that touch and the should ride on the right side of the road.

1 Like

Re: FRSC Advocates Use Of Bicycles As Alternative Means Of Transport (pics) by Nobody: 6:02am On Dec 16, 2014
una wan spoil my balls ba
Re: FRSC Advocates Use Of Bicycles As Alternative Means Of Transport (pics) by stinggy(m): 6:02am On Dec 16, 2014
Where are the roads?
And you don't expect me to cycle for an hour and yet give my best at work.

Advise government to get the rails fixed first!

2 Likes

Re: FRSC Advocates Use Of Bicycles As Alternative Means Of Transport (pics) by temitemi1(m): 6:06am On Dec 16, 2014
Constructs special lane for the use...
Re: FRSC Advocates Use Of Bicycles As Alternative Means Of Transport (pics) by Firefire(m): 6:09am On Dec 16, 2014
FRSC advised Nigerians to embrace the bicycle riding culture, saying it was a cheap and cost effective mode of transportation.

Have your purchase yours ? grin cheesy wink

8 Benefit of using bicycle in Lagos:

1. LASMA cannot arrest you

2. Lagos VIO no get your time

3. Lagos KAI no get business with you

4. You don't need to pay Lagos State Govt. any permit to ride

5. No buying of PMS

6. Great form of exercise

7. You are sure of living longer (Health Benefits)

8. No more traffic jam for you

However:

- Don't forget to obey all traffic rules

- Wear all required PPE (Personal Protective Equipment).

We wish you Bon Voyagege

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FRSC Advocates Use Of Bicycles As Alternative Means Of Transport (pics) by courage54(m): 6:15am On Dec 16, 2014
Nice idea
Re: FRSC Advocates Use Of Bicycles As Alternative Means Of Transport (pics) by holatin(m): 6:18am On Dec 16, 2014
Tell me which road dat bicycle go pass.

Main road ??

Then we are a goner

Arrant theatry of liphijadum craziness
Re: FRSC Advocates Use Of Bicycles As Alternative Means Of Transport (pics) by Nobody: 6:23am On Dec 16, 2014
cycle on nigerian roads. These guys must be crazy.
Re: FRSC Advocates Use Of Bicycles As Alternative Means Of Transport (pics) by otokx(m): 6:36am On Dec 16, 2014
saxywale:
cycle on nigerian roads. These guys must be crazy.

Really very crazy, riding bicycles in Nigerian urban areas is attempting suicide.

They should construct roads with bicycle lanes.
Re: FRSC Advocates Use Of Bicycles As Alternative Means Of Transport (pics) by eleojo23: 6:52am On Dec 16, 2014
The average Nigerian will be thinking.

'You mean I should ride a bicycle when Jide just bought his hummer jeep and is cruising around town with it? Abeg don't wish me bad luck. I must make it, I must buy my own car!"

But seriously, our roads are not bicycle friendly. You risk being admitted into the emergency ward of the nearest hospital if you ride on them.
Re: FRSC Advocates Use Of Bicycles As Alternative Means Of Transport (pics) by vanndubi: 7:56am On Dec 16, 2014
Firefire:
FRSC advised Nigerians to embrace the bicycle riding culture, saying it was a cheap and cost effective mode of transportation.

Have your purchase yours ? grin cheesy wink

8 Benefit of using bicycle in Lagos:

1. LASMA cannot arrest you

2. Lagos VIO no get your time

3. Lagos KAI no get business with you

4. You don't need to pay Lagos State Govt. any permit to ride

We wish you Bon Voyagege

By law every bicycle should be registered. Maybe be, FRSC wants to catch in something- issuance of bicycle riding license. grin grin grin
Re: FRSC Advocates Use Of Bicycles As Alternative Means Of Transport (pics) by KriTic24A: 8:07am On Dec 16, 2014
stinggy:
Where are the roads?
And you don't expect me to cycle for an hour and yet give my best at work.

Advise government to get the rails fixed first!

Trust Nigerian Governments and its Agencies. Always putting the cart before the horse. Always with a misplaced priority.

Yet they said they are ROAD Safety Agents.

Where are the roads for cyclers let alone being safe?
Or, is it the road where Motorcycles can't be tolerated they are talking about?
Re: FRSC Advocates Use Of Bicycles As Alternative Means Of Transport (pics) by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:20am On Dec 16, 2014
holatin:
Tell me which road dat bicycle go pass.

Main road ??

Then we are a goner

Arrant theatry of liphijadum craziness
Yes, there are no roads, but the arrogance of most Nigerians won't make them use biscycles. Some that don't even ride them do make jest of those that ride them.
Re: FRSC Advocates Use Of Bicycles As Alternative Means Of Transport (pics) by Pataki: 8:40am On Dec 16, 2014
I remember years back, when I posted pictures of me riding my bicycle here in Europe, the set of abuses I got were from Nigeria.

- Your mates are buying cars, you are buying bicycles, blablabla.

Till tomorrow, I still enjoy riding my bicycle. I tried riding bicycle in the UK, and I immediately knew it was a suicidal attempt. I salute those who even try it in Nigeria. Thank God for this country where I live, even we bicycle users have our own traffic lights and I use my bicycle to travel from one city to another and also to work.

This might be a good project to implement in the Lagos Atlantic City. But definitely not in the highly congested urban areas all across Nigeria.
Re: FRSC Advocates Use Of Bicycles As Alternative Means Of Transport (pics) by holatin(m): 8:44am On Dec 16, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:

Yes, there are no roads, but the arrogance of most Nigerians won't make them use biscycles. Some that don't even ride them do make jest of those that ride them.
yes I agree with you 1000%
Re: FRSC Advocates Use Of Bicycles As Alternative Means Of Transport (pics) by tpiander: 8:43pm On Aug 24, 2015

(1) (Reply)

This Was How (buhari) Constituted His Government When He Was Head Of State. / DSS Displays APC Cloned Voters Card / A Buhari Presidency Would Ridicule Nigeria –duke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.