Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,894 members, 7,817,628 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:53 PM

Obasanjo Says Buhari, Atiku, Tinubu, Alams, Ibori, Igbinedion, Bad Examples - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Says Buhari, Atiku, Tinubu, Alams, Ibori, Igbinedion, Bad Examples (846 Views)

Atiku, Tinubu In Race For APC Bot Chair / Buhari Hosts Zuma To A State Banquet; Osinbajo, Atiku, Tinubu Joins / Obasanjo - Nigeria Is Cursed, Criticized Atiku, Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo Says Buhari, Atiku, Tinubu, Alams, Ibori, Igbinedion, Bad Examples by KaiMallam: 11:56am On Dec 16, 2014
FORMER President Olusegun Obasanjo recently assessed the younger generation of leaders in the country. His verdict: They have failed the citizenry.

According to Obasanjo, the performance of the current younger generation of leaders has not been impressive, particularly in terms of integrity. He specifically named his erstwhile deputy, Atiku Abubakar; former Governor of Lagos State, Bola Tinubu; ex-Speaker, House of Representatives, Alhaji Salisu Buhari; former Bayelsa State governor, Diepreye Alamieyeseigha and others as examples of younger generation of leaders who failed the country.

“During my administration as president, we had some people who were under 50 years in leadership positions. One of them was James Ibori, where is he today? One of them was Alamieyeseigha, where is he today?
Lucky Igbinedion, where is he today? The youngest was the Speaker, Buhari, you can still recall what happened to him. You said Bola Tinubu is your master. What Buhari did was not anything worse than what Bola Tinubu did.

“We got them impeached. But in this part of the world, some people covered up the other man. The man claimed he went to Government College, Ibadan, but the governor went to Government College and packed all the documents so that they would not know that he did not go there.

“I wanted someone who would succeed me so I took Atiku. Within a year, I started seeing the type of man Atiku is. And you want me to get him there?

“I once went to Tanzania because Julius Nyerere recognised Biafra. He told me not to mind his aides and others in government. They would say they have one house in town but their five-year-old sons and daughters would have houses all over.

“Some of you who are condemning the leadership would get there tomorrow and it will be a different story. Only very few are actually good.

“From Abacha, my predecessor, we got $750 million. Through our lawyer in Switzerland, we recovered another $1.25 billion and the lawyer still said there was probably still another $1 billion to be recovered. In 1979, we had 20 new ships specially built for Nigeria. When I came back 20 years after, the national shipping line had liquidated.

“The whole thing is not just about leadership. If we talk about good leadership, you should also talk about good followers. If you talk about human rights, you should also talk about human duties and obligations.”

He lamented that despite the over half a century of independence, his own administration and that of others before him could not perform well.

“By implication, we are jinxed and cursed; we should all go to hell. The problem in Africa is that when one person takes over, he would not see any good thing that his predecessor did. Let us condemn but with caution,” he said.

Source: http://nigerians4change.com/2014/12/16/obasanjo-says-atiku-tinubu-alamieyeseigha-ibori-igbinedion-buhari-bad-examples/

Re: Obasanjo Says Buhari, Atiku, Tinubu, Alams, Ibori, Igbinedion, Bad Examples by holatin(m): 12:02pm On Dec 16, 2014
still reading
Re: Obasanjo Says Buhari, Atiku, Tinubu, Alams, Ibori, Igbinedion, Bad Examples by kwaraauto: 12:03pm On Dec 16, 2014
You still have my respect till tomorrow sir.
Re: Obasanjo Says Buhari, Atiku, Tinubu, Alams, Ibori, Igbinedion, Bad Examples by orobs93(m): 12:22pm On Dec 16, 2014
baba very funny man...
baba very brilliant man...
baba very STRONG MAN...
Re: Obasanjo Says Buhari, Atiku, Tinubu, Alams, Ibori, Igbinedion, Bad Examples by knightsTempler: 12:23pm On Dec 16, 2014
The only time Obj said any reasonable thing for a while...having said that, i still think he is part of the corrupt system he is talking about. He ruled this country twice for Christ sake, ( military civilian) but nothing of substance can be said to have achieved during this time. So I hope baba will find it in his heart to admit that he failed Nigerians.
Re: Obasanjo Says Buhari, Atiku, Tinubu, Alams, Ibori, Igbinedion, Bad Examples by Beesluv: 12:28pm On Dec 16, 2014
Baba iyabo!!!
Re: Obasanjo Says Buhari, Atiku, Tinubu, Alams, Ibori, Igbinedion, Bad Examples by padeolu: 12:28pm On Dec 16, 2014
I for once thought he was referring to GMB.

Said Buhari 2015
Re: Obasanjo Says Buhari, Atiku, Tinubu, Alams, Ibori, Igbinedion, Bad Examples by jaso1(m): 12:29pm On Dec 16, 2014
Baba were!
Re: Obasanjo Says Buhari, Atiku, Tinubu, Alams, Ibori, Igbinedion, Bad Examples by Nobody: 12:30pm On Dec 16, 2014
why not state clearly Salisu Buhari. Why just buhari to get attention. Sometimes it may be misleading just quoting a single name which is very popular with a particular person.

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News :::apc Appoints Gov Ameachi As Apc National Campaign Dg. / We Did It Against Atiku In The Primary, We Will Do It Again To Secure Our Future / [OPINION] Does Okezie Ikpeazu Deserve Abians Vote? - Gov. Aspirant Abia State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.