Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,208 members, 7,829,322 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:16 AM

OPINION: Mary Is The Mother Of God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / OPINION: Mary Is The Mother Of God (1129 Views)

11 PHOTOS: PRAYING And BOWING Down Before The Graven Image Of MARY Is A SIN! / Is There Any Evidence To Ascertain That Mary Is In Heaven / The Biblical Mary Is Not A Roman Catholic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

OPINION: Mary Is The Mother Of God by CAPTIVATOR: 7:21pm On Dec 16, 2014
What do u think ?
Re: OPINION: Mary Is The Mother Of God by DarryOsh(m): 8:13pm On Dec 16, 2014
CAPTIVATOR:
What do u think ?

I don't really know what exactly this thread aims to achieve. But it's like this: God created Mary, u, me... all of us!

Mary was a (human) vessel who found favour in God's sight, and through whom God came to us in human form to redeem us.
Re: OPINION: Mary Is The Mother Of God by Anyi3(m): 8:31pm On Dec 16, 2014
DarryOsh:

I don't really know what exactly this thread aims to achieve. But it's like this: God created Mary, u, me... all of us!

Mary was a (human) vessel who found favour in God's sight, and through whom God came to us in human form to redeem us.

Through whom GOD came (you mean born) which translates into being Mother of GOD
SIMPLE.
Re: OPINION: Mary Is The Mother Of God by DarryOsh(m): 8:55pm On Dec 16, 2014
Anyi3:

Through whom GOD came (you mean born) which translates into being Mother of GOD
SIMPLE.

you are missing the point. coming in the flesh was just symbolic. what Mary carried was the flesh, and not the true essence of God. what makes him God is way beyond flesh.
Re: OPINION: Mary Is The Mother Of God by Anyi3(m): 9:09pm On Dec 16, 2014
DarryOsh:

you are missing the point. coming in the flesh was just symbolic. what Mary carried was the flesh, and not the true essence of God. what makes him God is way beyond flesh.

Baba una like to complicate issues.
Enter pidgin.

She born pikin
The pikin na GOD
She born GOD

Christians know how to twist things to suit them. When it's black and white clear in the bible, they say it is. When it goes against what they want to believe, they say it was symbolic. That's why atheist have a field day attacking Christians.

At what stage did JESUS stop being GOD?
Answer this question.

1 Like

Re: OPINION: Mary Is The Mother Of God by DarryOsh(m): 9:29pm On Dec 16, 2014
Anyi3:

Baba una like to complicate issues.
Enter pidgin.

She born pikin
The pikin na GOD
She born GOD

Christians know how to twist things to suit them. When it's black and white clear in the bible, they say it is. When it goes against what they want to believe, they say it was symbolic. That's why atheist have a field day attacking Christians.

At what stage did JESUS stop being GOD?
Answer this question.

you are very funny o. OK, she is the mother of God. Then what? like I said earlier, I'm still having a hard time laying a finger what this thread aims to achieve.
Re: OPINION: Mary Is The Mother Of God by Anyi3(m): 9:39pm On Dec 16, 2014
DarryOsh:

you are very funny o. OK, she is the mother of God. Then what? like I said earlier, I'm still having a hard time laying a finger what this thread aims to achieve.

Nothing sir. Just dropping a few thoughts of mine. The OP only can answer that
Re: OPINION: Mary Is The Mother Of God by CAPTIVATOR: 10:11pm On Dec 16, 2014
DarryOsh:

It seems u agree with the catholics that Mary is the mother of God ??
Re: OPINION: Mary Is The Mother Of God by DarryOsh(m): 10:24pm On Dec 16, 2014
CAPTIVATOR:

It seems u agree with the catholics that Mary is the mother of God ??

Catholic, Presbyterian, seventh day adventist, Baptist etc... that is irrelevant. I'm more interested in the interpretation of the statement "Mary is the mother of God" than the statement itself. And that, so far, is what I have been trying to explain.
Re: OPINION: Mary Is The Mother Of God by johnw74: 2:03am On Dec 17, 2014
Mary is the mother of the Son of God.
Luk_1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.
Re: OPINION: Mary Is The Mother Of God by CAPTIVATOR: 7:58am On Dec 17, 2014
johnw74:
Luk_1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

CORRECT !! MARY is the mother of the Son of God ( Luk 1:35) NOT God himself ......
Re: OPINION: Mary Is The Mother Of God by Anyi3(m): 9:19am On Dec 17, 2014
johnw74:

Is it that Jesus isn't GOD?
Re: OPINION: Mary Is The Mother Of God by johnw74: 10:47pm On Dec 17, 2014
Anyi3:

Is it that Jesus isn't GOD?

Jesus was the Word of God, He became man, the Son of God.
I don't think we will understand everything about God until we are with Him and like Him, then we will know as we are known.

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Joh 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

1Jn_3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

1Co 13:12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
Re: OPINION: Mary Is The Mother Of God by Anyi3(m): 11:21pm On Dec 17, 2014
johnw74:

Jesus was the Word of God, He became man, the Son of God.
I don't think we will understand everything about God until we are with Him and like Him, then we will know as we are known.

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Joh 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

1Jn_3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

1Co 13:12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

I like your input. Let me rephrase my question. While on earth, in flesh, do you think Jesus was GOD himself? Or he stopped being GOD while he was on earth?
Re: OPINION: Mary Is The Mother Of God by johnw74: 11:45pm On Dec 17, 2014
Anyi3:

I like your input. Let me rephrase my question. While on earth, in flesh, do you think Jesus was GOD himself? Or he stopped being GOD while he was on earth?

Re: OPINION: Mary Is The Mother Of God by btoks: 9:46am On Dec 18, 2014
This issue was addressed over 1500years ago at the council of Ephesus,accepted by the only church at the time. Mary is the Mother of Jesus who is God.She is the Theotokus.Shikena !!
Please see wiki link http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Council_of_Ephesus.
For the doubters,this dogma was defined to clarify the nature of Jesus more than anything else due to heresies at the time.

(1) (Reply)

Stunned Builder Finds Image Of Jesus Christ On A Plank Of Wood – SEE PHOTO / Only A Fool Will Say..... / Does God Has A P.enis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.