Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,466 members, 7,812,427 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:13 PM

Pls Help Me Answer This Online Interview Question - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Pls Help Me Answer This Online Interview Question (1250 Views)

The Crazy Interview Question "What Is 1+1?" / Interview Question That Threw Me Off-balance / Online Interview Questionier From British Pipeline Agency Limited Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help Me Answer This Online Interview Question by senatorken01(m): 9:08pm On Dec 16, 2014
To get a chance to interview for any of these positions, answer the simple riddle below.Here's the puzzle:"You are travelling down a country lane to a distant village. You reach afork in the road and find a pair of identical twin sisters standing there.One sister is standing on the road tovillage and the other standing on the road to never-land (of course, you don't know or see where each road leads).One of the sisters always tells the truth and the other always lies (of course, you don't know who is lying).Both sisters know where the roads go.If you are allowed to ask only one question to each of the sisters to find the correct road to the village,What is your question?"What will be your question?
Re: Pls Help Me Answer This Online Interview Question by Zehner(f): 9:22pm On Dec 16, 2014
*cracking my brain* I am on it! angry
Re: Pls Help Me Answer This Online Interview Question by sugarbuns(f): 9:28pm On Dec 16, 2014
Is she your twin sister?
Re: Pls Help Me Answer This Online Interview Question by DarryOsh(m): 9:46pm On Dec 16, 2014
there are two roads A and B

ask each twin : "if I asked your sister for the road to village , where will she direct me to? "

if the road to village is A, the lying twin will lie that her truthful sister will direct you to B. the truthful twin will tell the truth that her lying sister will direct you to B.

Therefore, you Will know that the correct Road is A.

in summary, ask both of them this question, they will choose the same road. then you go the the other road

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help Me Answer This Online Interview Question by Williamso(m): 9:52pm On Dec 16, 2014
"What will the other twin say if I asked for the road to the village?"

*Don't ask me for an explanation, it's quite lengthy*

*EDIT*
@OP, are you supposed to ask each one a different question or is it the same question for both?
Re: Pls Help Me Answer This Online Interview Question by Ukeachu1(m): 10:00pm On Dec 16, 2014
first question wil be are u gals twin. if she says yes thats d truth gal . then ask d liar for directions. wud folow d other way of cos. if she says no. I ask d truth gal for directions

1 Like

Re: Pls Help Me Answer This Online Interview Question by senatorken01(m): 9:27am On Dec 17, 2014
Williamso:
"What will the other twin say if I asked for the road to the village?"

*Don't ask me for an explanation, it's quite lengthy*

*EDIT*
@OP, are you supposed to ask each one a different question or is it the same question for both?

u are suppose to ask a question to each n both of them are twins remember
Re: Pls Help Me Answer This Online Interview Question by Menuskiiiii(f): 10:36am On Dec 17, 2014
Ukeachu1:
first question wil be are u gals twin. if she says yes thats d truth gal . then ask d liar for directions. wud folow d other way of cos. if she says no. I ask d truth gal for directions

I agree with you. Ask a question u have an answer to..... like is she your twin... of cuss the lying twin would say no and the good twin would say yes....so u know who to expect the truth from.. u can then ask the next one the road to the village.....

1 Like

Re: Pls Help Me Answer This Online Interview Question by Williamso(m): 11:25am On Dec 17, 2014
senatorken01:

u are suppose to ask a question to each n both of them are twins remember

A question to each means you're allowed to ask 2 different questions... That makes the riddle too easy........ Was thinking you had only ONE (same) question to ask both and decipher the correct road

*yawns*

(1) (Reply)

419 Federal Government Jobs- Please Beware / Graduate Management Trainee Recruitment At Tizeti Network Limited 2015 / What Do I Expect In An Interview After Scaling Aptitude Test In Giz?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.