Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,327 members, 7,829,834 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:25 PM

Airtel Is Defrauding Users Of The Network - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Airtel Is Defrauding Users Of The Network (1215 Views)

Airtel Is Giving Out 300MB To Customers / Airtel Is At It Again. Free Browsing / Airtel Is Taking Their Adverts Too Far.....its Frustrating Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Airtel Is Defrauding Users Of The Network by Scream(m): 10:50pm On Dec 16, 2014
I use an airtel post paid line, they charge me about N1,400.00 for BIS usually at the beginning of each month. I noticed recently that I am being charged for "MAGIC BOX PAYU usage". In a day the charge may come up to about 7 times. Within the last few days, I have been charged more than N5,000.00. I rarely use their internet, their network is terrible where I live (but very ok around my office). I did not enroll for any MAGIC BOX, I do not intend to do that.

I have been calling their so-called care centre, just to get an incident number so that I can lodge a complaint on NCC portal, but the line suddenly goes off once you dial 9 to speak with an agent.

Please, help me to scream until they reverse the charges and make their system work properly. I will port at the end of the month, but I do not want to PAY for what I did not use.

It is not fair for a big organization like airtel to use their systems to rob their customers.

Re: Airtel Is Defrauding Users Of The Network by Nobody: 2:34am On Dec 17, 2014
Sorry OP, take heart.

With the amount of Nigerians destroying their personal airtel sims and warning others to port immediately, it comes as no surprise they would pull trickish schemes to defraud the remaining few.

Its like all the major telecomms companies engage in one form of fraud or the other but the most tolerable is glo. I hardly come across complaints about them.

We can try to put pressure on the NCC to act but we all know its their selfish interests they have over Nigerians' so we have no other option but gnash our teeth and endure.
Re: Airtel Is Defrauding Users Of The Network by Emeka71(m): 4:36am On Dec 17, 2014
charix:
Sorry OP, take heart.

With the amount of Nigerians destroying their personal airtel sims and warning others to port immediately, it comes as no surprise they would pull trickish schemes to defraud the remaining few.

Its like all the major telecomms companies engage in one form of fraud or the other but the most tolerable is glo. I hardly come across complaints about them.

We can try to put pressure on the NCC to act but we all know its their selfish interests they have over Nigerians' so we have no other option but gnash our teeth and endure.
That's why I decided to stop recharging my Airtel line. They keep robbing Me of airtime.
Re: Airtel Is Defrauding Users Of The Network by ekaeme: 10:08am On Dec 17, 2014
cant explain the issue with Airtel recently. i noticed my call rates jumped from N12/min to over N24 naira. i called the customer centre they said something about because i have an internet plan bla bla bla. what has my internet plan got to do with my call rate. come to think of shouldn't my call rate even drop if I'm loyal and still subscribe to other services. i asked that ok please take me to my earlier plan i have had for many years now is an issue.

anyway luckily i have a new etisalate sim that gives me equal amount as additional bonus when i recharge and only charges N24 for the 1st min and N12 for subsequent mins.

Am still researching on the network to port my number of 13yrs now finally to
Re: Airtel Is Defrauding Users Of The Network by vodacom: 1:37pm On Dec 17, 2014
charix:
Sorry OP, take heart.

Have you tried all social and print media because doing so especially via newspaper can draw their attention.Op since you are a postpaid customer, kindly use the newspaper especially the common ones like vanguard,punch e.t.c to lay your grievance if not satisfied.80% of them read newspaper so it draws their attention especially now that one form of promo is going. Your complain has to be valid in other for it to be address.
Re: Airtel Is Defrauding Users Of The Network by asudan: 3:31pm On Dec 17, 2014
ekaeme:
cant explain the issue with Airtel recently. i noticed my call rates jumped from N12/min to over N24 naira. i called the customer centre they said something about because i have an internet plan bla bla bla. what has my internet plan got to do with my call rate. come to think of shouldn't my call rate even drop if I'm loyal and still subscribe to other services. i asked that ok please take me to my earlier plan i have had for many years now is an issue.

anyway luckily i have a new etisalate sim that gives me equal amount as additional bonus when i recharge and only charges N24 for the 1st min and N12 for subsequent mins.

Am still researching on the network to port my number of 13yrs now finally to

MTN inspite of all criticism remains the best why because of the following
1. MTN is the only network that hardly increase call rates or move you from one tariff to another easily except when NCC were insisting that they charge flats call rate (Family and friends subscribers can testify
2.if I am not mistaken, MTN in all it's tariff charges 20k/sec to 5 international destinations e.g Usa, Canada, India, China and Uk land lines but try it with any other network you will have a story to share
3. MTN has different tariffs for different market segment e.g MTN zone for rural dwellers, MTN ipulse for Students in tertiary institutions. the rates are 11k/sec within the campus after first min @ 40k/sec to any network and 15k/sec outside the campus to all networks. MTN zone charges for as low as 0.4 to as high as 40k/sec. MTN true talk charges 20k/sec from the fist sec.
4. widest coverage but they are dubious at times
Re: Airtel Is Defrauding Users Of The Network by marcjoe(m): 4:08pm On Dec 17, 2014
asudan:

MTN inspite of all criticism remains the best why because of the following
1. MTN is the only network that hardly increase call rates or move you from one tariff to another easily except when NCC were insisting that they charge flats call rate (Family and friends subscribers can testify
2.if I am not mistaken, MTN in all it's tariff charges 20k/sec to 5 international destinations e.g Usa, Canada, India, China and Uk land lines but try it with any other network you will have a story to share
3. MTN has different tariffs for different market segment e.g MTN zone for rural dwellers, MTN ipulse for Students in tertiary institutions. the rates are 11k/sec within the campus after first min @ 40k/sec to any network and 15k/sec outside the campus to all networks. MTN zone charges for as low as 0.4 to as high as 40k/sec. MTN true talk charges 20k/sec from the fist sec.
4. widest coverage but they are dubious at times

Abeg all of them na d same tin jare

(1) (Reply)

Samsung Struggles: Why High End Phone Makers May Need To Go Cheap / Blackberry Release A New Phone That Is 3x Cost Than Iphone. / 72 Hours Wt Glo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.