Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,651 members, 7,816,667 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:51 PM

Why Is There So Much Noise In The Media That 113 Yorubas Were Killeed? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is There So Much Noise In The Media That 113 Yorubas Were Killeed? (749 Views)

Buhari Bows To Pressure, Reverses Ban On 113 Oil Vessels / Nigeria Bars 113 Vessels From Lifting Its Crude Oil / O (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is There So Much Noise In The Media That 113 Yorubas Were Killeed? by asha80(m): 1:03pm On Dec 07, 2008
It has been awash in almost every nigerian newspaper and print media in the past few days.Is it because this is probably the first time they have experienced a large number of casualties?

www.saharareporters.com/www/letters/details/?id=607
Re: Why Is There So Much Noise In The Media That 113 Yorubas Were Killeed? by Nobody: 1:08pm On Dec 07, 2008
asha 80:

It has been awash in almost every nigerian newspaper and print media in the past few days. Is it because this is probably the first time they have experienced a large number of casualties?

Yes.
Re: Why Is There So Much Noise In The Media That 113 Yorubas Were Killeed? by Muza(m): 1:17pm On Dec 07, 2008
sry!
Re: Why Is There So Much Noise In The Media That 113 Yorubas Were Killeed? by ikeyman00(m): 1:46pm On Dec 07, 2008
chie nigeria1 de lucky ooo
Re: Why Is There So Much Noise In The Media That 113 Yorubas Were Killeed? by Nobody: 1:48pm On Dec 07, 2008
asha 80:

www.saharareporters.com/www/letters/details/?id=607
Your source is not working. . . .
Re: Why Is There So Much Noise In The Media That 113 Yorubas Were Killeed? by asha80(m): 2:39pm On Dec 07, 2008
@Ebony-silk

You are right.I just tried it now but it is unavailable.However if u enter the site saharareporters.com and and go to letters & press release and click on KILLING OF 113 YORUBA IN JOS :OUTRAGEOUS,NO RETALIATION BUT you will see the story
Re: Why Is There So Much Noise In The Media That 113 Yorubas Were Killeed? by lucabrasi(m): 3:09pm On Dec 07, 2008
@poster
should the fact that newspapers are awash with the news be an issue?
shouldnt the issue be the sad loss of lives?
Re: Why Is There So Much Noise In The Media That 113 Yorubas Were Killeed? by asha80(m): 3:33pm On Dec 07, 2008
@lucabrasi

i understand what u are saying but it seems to be in every news media that it makes me wonder whether the 113 people were more special than the others.I mean in the past it used to read mostly "southern christians" killed with people coming out to say that the victims were mostly igbos some yorubas and south south people but i do not think there used to be report on the exact no of an ethnic group killed and repeated on different dailys and media.

@nigeria??

what are you planning after dec 13? A millitatry coup? shocked
Re: Why Is There So Much Noise In The Media That 113 Yorubas Were Killeed? by lucabrasi(m): 4:29pm On Dec 07, 2008
@asha80
seen,i get what you mean,i dont thnk it has that much to do with them being yorubas,i think its because they got caught in the middle and also unlike other riots lost a lot more people than usual, no tribes death is over the other as they irrespective of their tribal affiliations have people /families ,friends mourning them right now, having said that i have been online reading the dailies an i dont really see them going on about it like you r inferring
@nigeria1
please dont repeat thESE sort of absurd commentS in public,what basis do you have for your unreasonable and unsubstanciated conspiracy theories
we have all read it in the papers that it is more political than ethnic,and it has been alleDged that foreigners from neighbouring NIGER/CHAD were shipped in ON THE EVE OF THE ELECTIONS TO CAUSE MAYHEM showing the motive was political, if they wanted to eradicate nigeria they would have done so since more than 100 years they have been in jos and if they wanted to kill off all the christians they wouldnt have allowed them to build a church as far back as 1861 or so
Re: Why Is There So Much Noise In The Media That 113 Yorubas Were Killeed? by RibaduFan(m): 5:05pm On Dec 07, 2008
113 omg.
Re: Why Is There So Much Noise In The Media That 113 Yorubas Were Killeed? by onyengbu1(m): 10:51pm On Dec 07, 2008
good question from poster.
Re: Why Is There So Much Noise In The Media That 113 Yorubas Were Killeed? by dayokanu(m): 7:49am On Dec 08, 2008
@Poster,
OK 113 is not enough Maybe 13 million would be ok for the press to shout

(1) (Reply)

Confirmed: End Of Corruption War / The Politics Of Fuel Subsidy In Nigeria / Buhari Resigns As Katsina Foundation Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.