Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,889 members, 7,828,146 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

Amaechi Deserves APC VP Slot - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi Deserves APC VP Slot (573 Views)

PDP Offers N200B For Tinubu To Accept Interim VP Slot. - Obinna / Buhari Overthrew Shagari Over $2.8b Oil Scam: Tinubu Wants APC VP Slot – Ikimi / Rivers PDP 'Congratulates' Amaechi For Losing APC's VP Slot. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amaechi Deserves APC VP Slot by Sierraloaded: 2:47am On Dec 17, 2014

A former presidential candidate of the National Conscience Party, Chief Dele Momodu, has said that Governor Rotimi Amaechi of Rivers State deserves to be the running mate of the All Progressives Congress presidential candidate, Maj. Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd.).

Commenting on the candidature of a former Attorney-General of Lagos State, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, the Ovation Magazine publisher argued that the emergence of the academic would not "guarantee victory for the APC in 2015."

Momodu, who claimed to be a staunch supporter of Buhari's presidential ambition, stated that his preference for the South-South over other geo-political zones to produce the next Vice President was to give the people a "sense of belonging and compensation for oil," with a view to securing more votes from the region.

He said Amaechi's experience, as a two-term Speaker of the Rivers State House of Assembly and his seven-and-half-year tenure as the governor of the state, had singled him out as the most qualified from the region.

"Normally the right to pick a vice-presidential candidate belongs to the principal (presidential candidate) and/or party, which may recommend names for one to be approved.

"Even in America, no one ever ignores state governors or members of the Congress in picking presidential or vice-presidential candidates! Both Yar'Adua and Jonathan were governors.

"Obasanjo picked Atiku as running mate when he was Governor of Adamawa! Governors are the most powerful blocks of any party.

"My choice remains Amaechi because of his unmatched profile as two-term Speaker and two-term governor of Rivers State plus his uncommon courage! He is a dogged fighter and the most experienced in both legislative and executive matters.

Do you agree with him? - http://www./apps/forums/topics/show/13094276-amaechi-deserves-apc-vp-slot
Re: Amaechi Deserves APC VP Slot by femmy2010(m): 2:54am On Dec 17, 2014
whoever is chosen as VP matters to me.
I am sure of casting my vote for GMB.

Lobatan.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Deserves APC VP Slot by doofanc: 5:13am On Dec 17, 2014
Amechi may be a good administrator but he is s too controversial and too loudmouthed. oshomiole is more measured in his utterances and I think would appeal better
Re: Amaechi Deserves APC VP Slot by Caseless: 6:40am On Dec 17, 2014
Give me Amaechi or i die!!!

(1) (Reply)

Emir Of Kano Replies Boko Haram / Foreign Countries Culpable In Boko Haram Insurgency – Northern Governors / Russia, The United States, Oil And Power Play (personal Opinion)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.