Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,631 members, 7,809,364 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:19 AM

Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) - Computers (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) (48622 Views)

Am Here To Help You Solve Your Systems Problems (hardware And Software) / Inquiry: Job Prospects For Computer Systems & Networks Major / How To Networking Three Computer Systems (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by Lexusgs430: 12:01pm On Jan 15, 2015
emperorizzy:
My laptop hasn't been able to connect to my home WiFi and anytime I troubleshoot it says an error is preventing Windows from troubleshooting, any fix to that?
you

Does laptop have the appropriate drivers installed?
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by Lexusgs430: 12:01pm On Jan 15, 2015
emperorizzy:
My laptop hasn't been able to connect to my home WiFi and anytime I troubleshoot it says an error is preventing Windows from troubleshooting, any fix to that?

Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by flinchstone: 12:51pm On Jan 15, 2015
Pls guys help me out wit this; I worked on my laptop yersterday and instead of shutting down I hibernated it. Fast-forward to this morning, I can't start up the system. The fan will just work for btw 3-5 seconds and stop without starting up. It continues like that till I remove the battery. It's hp G62 laptop. Any suggestions guys?
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by emperorizzy(m): 12:52pm On Jan 15, 2015
gememerald:

Did you put on your wireless adapter ?
go to Control panel -> Network and Internet -> Network and Sharing Center -> Change Adapter Settings

Take a look at the wireless adapter what does the status reads?? give me feedback
It shows a red bad sign, like x, and it writes not connected.
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by emperorizzy(m): 12:54pm On Jan 15, 2015
Lexusgs430:

yes it does.
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by gememerald(m): 2:50pm On Jan 15, 2015
emperorizzy:
It shows a red bad sign, like x, and it writes not connected.

Have you turned on the switch?
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by emperorizzy(m): 3:02pm On Jan 15, 2015
gememerald:

Have you turned on the switch?
yes, I have another question. If my device is blocked from using a WiFi with netgear systems, if I change my WiFi Mac address would I be able to fool the system and get connected?
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by gememerald(m): 3:46pm On Jan 15, 2015
emperorizzy:
yes, I have another question. If my device is blocked from using a WiFi with netgear systems, if I change my WiFi Mac address would I be able to fool the system and get connected?

Try a proxy application google it you should be able to bypass that restriction.

NB: I hope what you are doing is not illegal??
Please if it is illegal don't do it
Thanks.
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by gememerald(m): 3:50pm On Jan 15, 2015
flinchstone:
Pls guys help me out wit this; I worked on my laptop yersterday and instead of shutting down I hibernated it. Fast-forward to this morning, I can't start up the system. The fan will just work for btw 3-5 seconds and stop without starting up. It continues like that till I remove the battery. It's hp G62 laptop. Any suggestions guys?

Probably the processor or motherboard is failing.

Can you do a cmos reset?
What it means is that you open up the system look for a lithium ion battery round in size.
Remove it and wait for like 5-10 minutes then replace it back.
Put on the system

FEED ME BACK.
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by emperorizzy(m): 7:44pm On Jan 15, 2015
gememerald:

Try a proxy application google it you should be able to bypass that restriction.

NB: I hope what you are doing is not illegal??
Please if it is illegal don't do it
Thanks.
thanks, I won't say it's really illegal, I should have my WiFi connected by tomorrow but I can't wait grin
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by gememerald(m): 9:02pm On Jan 15, 2015
emperorizzy:
thanks, I won't say it's really illegal, I should have my WiFi connected by tomorrow but I can't wait grin

****Disclaimer****
Gememerald is not responsible for any illegal acts done from any advice given.
****Disclaimer****
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by Arteta99(m): 10:59pm On Jan 15, 2015
Please I'm having problem with my hp pavilion dv6 graphic driver. It came with Ati hd 5650 and intel hd graphics. I did an update on the ati driver but now I see only the intel graphics. Tried to reinstall using amd autodetect but says no driver found. Please help
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by gememerald(m): 11:52pm On Jan 15, 2015
Arteta99:
Please I'm having problem with my hp pavilion dv6 graphic driver. It came with Ati hd 5650 and intel hd graphics. I did an update on the ati driver but now I see only the intel graphics. Tried to reinstall using amd autodetect but says no driver found. Please help

Do a driver roll back

Right click the graphics driver parent and click "roll back driver"

Feed me back
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by epaulo: 4:13am On Jan 16, 2015
My pes 13 always crack while playing it (it slows down) and also I suddenly removed my modem while connected to the internet, since then my laptop has refused to recognise it when I plug in the modem (Airtel modem)
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by Arteta99(m): 6:52am On Jan 16, 2015
gememerald:

Do a driver roll back

Right click the graphics driver parent and click "roll back driver"

Feed me back
I don't seem to get you. Where do I see this graphic driver parent? Thanks
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by flinchstone: 9:48am On Jan 16, 2015
flinchstone:

I couldn't remove the battery cos it seems sealed or somthing, but I traced the connector on it and removed it from the socket and waited for like 5-10mins before replacing it. Hope that also counts.
Attached is the pix of the battery
gememerald:

Probably the processor or motherboard is failing.

Can you do a cmos reset?
What it means is that you open up the system look for a lithium ion battery round in size.
Remove it and wait for like 5-10 minutes then replace it back.
Put on the system

FEED ME BACK.
I couldn't remove the battery cos it seems sealed or somthing, but I traced the connector on it and removed it from the socket and waited for like 5-10mins before replacing it. Hope that also counts.

Still gives the same result...fan works for 2-3secs then stops. They cycle continues till I pull out the battery.

Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by gememerald(m): 10:58am On Jan 16, 2015
Arteta99:
I don't seem to get you. Where do I see this graphic driver parent? Thanks

Where you saw the graphics driver, the tree, right click it and do a roll back.
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by gememerald(m): 11:04am On Jan 16, 2015
flinchstone:

Still gives the same result...fan works for 2-3secs then stops. They cycle continues till I pull out the battery.

The connector?? The cmos battery can be removed just do it patiently. Not the connector.

Also check around the motherboard area especially the processor put the system on and see what happens to the processor fan.

Feed me back!
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by gememerald(m): 11:13am On Jan 16, 2015
flinchstone:

Check does it give any error message at boot post

The system could be doing overheating

Try to blow away dusts and clean every parts of the internals (carefully!)

Also reseat the different connectors on the motherboard

Remove the processor heat sink, clean off the underlying dusts (WARNING don't clean off the thermal paste!!!)

Also check the thermal paste between the heat sink and the processor, and see how you can scratch some of the surrounding ones to the center of the contact between the heatsink and the processor.

Try these steps and let me know what happens

Feed me back!
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by gememerald(m): 11:19am On Jan 16, 2015
epaulo:
My pes 13 always crack while playing it (it slows down) and also I suddenly removed my modem while connected to the internet, since then my laptop has refused to recognise it when I plug in the modem (Airtel modem)

Reduce the resolution you are playing it in (by the way, what's your laptop specs?)

For the modem
Uninstall the software completely
(If you have revo uninstaller make use of it to uninstall every trace of it)
Then reinstall it and connect the modem.
It should work

Feed me back!
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by epaulo: 4:55pm On Jan 17, 2015
gememerald:

Reduce the resolution you are playing it in (by the way, what's your laptop specs?)

For the modem
Uninstall the software completely
(If you have revo uninstaller make use of it to uninstall every trace of it)
Then reinstall it and connect the modem.
It should work

Feed me back!
my laptop spec is 3.00 RAM, processor AMD E-350, 1.60 GHz, 64bits
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by gememerald(m): 9:59pm On Jan 17, 2015
epaulo:
my laptop spec is 3.00 RAM, processor AMD E-350, 1.60 GHz, 64bits

have you tried the steps i gave?
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by epaulo: 10:07pm On Jan 17, 2015
gememerald:

have you tried the steps i gave?
ya but it still cracks
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by Gheezy02: 10:11pm On Jan 17, 2015
Please my dell laptop fell down and it has been writing (press alt+ctr+del to reboot)I've done that many times but still same..pls how do I go about it
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by gememerald(m): 10:38pm On Jan 17, 2015
epaulo:
ya but it still cracks

your system has it got a dedicated video graphics memory? if yes what is it?
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by dbshaywhy(m): 1:55pm On Jan 18, 2015
Hello
(was on hibernate mode last night)I was going tru a pdf file on my Compaq presario F700, then I tried to switch to the Oda pdf file, wat I saw was a blank white with a (-----)line on d screen, move d mouse, nothing happen, den I decide to power it off using d power button, nothing happen, still on, so I decide to remove d battery n put it back, to my great surprise,
1)wen I try to turn the
computer on, the LED lights work and the fan makes
noise for like 3 seconds n stop n power off,
2)starting up itself some few seconds later, it start,blue light on, Wt fan working n stop after some seconds,
Wen I remove d battery n use d a.c. Power pack, it does d same
3) den I try to turn the
noise, I press down esc key for 3 seconds,it remains like without booting up.
4) I try step 3 without d battery, using d a.c power supply only, it gives same report as step 3 above.
Pls help me out on wat I can do about it.
Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by bosco9: 3:56pm On Jan 18, 2015
Please help!!!!!
I have this dell D505. Anytime the laptop goes Into standby mode and stays like that for some time,a vertical line appears on the screen. Right now two lines are on the screen. What can I do about this?
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by gememerald(m): 8:49pm On Jan 18, 2015
dbshaywhy:
Hello
(was on hibernate mode last night)I was going tru a pdf file on my Compaq presario F700, then I tried to switch to the Oda pdf file, wat I saw was a blank white with a (-----)line on d screen, move d mouse, nothing happen, den I decide to power it off using d power button, nothing happen, still on, so I decide to remove d battery n put it back, to my great surprise,
1)wen I try to turn the
noise for like 3 seconds n stop n power off,
2)starting up itself some few seconds later, it start,blue light on, Wt fan working n stop after some seconds,
Wen I remove d battery n use d a.c. Power pack, it does d same
3) den I try to turn the
noise, I press down esc key for 3 seconds,it remains like without booting up.
4) I try step 3 without d battery, using d a.c power supply only, it gives same report as step 3 above.
Pls help me out on wat I can do about it.
Thanks in anticipation.

This could be a memory failure (RAM)
It could also be a motherboard failure.
could also be a graphics card failure on the motherboard (Still motherboard failure)

how many ram do you have i mean the number not size?

if it is two ram remove 1 and boot with only the other one observing the results and vice versa.

GIVE ME FEEDBACK...
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by gememerald(m): 8:51pm On Jan 18, 2015
bosco9:
Please help!!!!!
I have this dell D505. Anytime the laptop goes Into standby mode and stays like that for some time,a vertical line appears on the screen. Right now two lines are on the screen. What can I do about this?

follow this link to solve that problem and give me feedback.
http://smallbusiness.chron.com/fix-vertical-lines-computer-screen-70710.html
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by bosco9: 9:22pm On Jan 18, 2015
gememerald:

follow this link to solve that problem and give me feedback.
http://smallbusiness.chron.com/fix-vertical-lines-computer-screen-70710.html
Thanks for your concern bro. I have tried out that step one several times but its not working. As for the step two, there is no way I can unplug the monitor cause its a laptop. I don't really understand that step two though.
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by infinix(m): 11:19pm On Jan 18, 2015
help I am in great need of help...
my laptop all of a sudden started acting up
by not turning on without being plugged to an ac source, and once I remove the cord it remains on for about 3hrs. how do I resolve this Pls.
Re: Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) by roselynbas(f): 12:59am On Jan 19, 2015
gememerald:

You have to change the motherboard

What he heated was the VGA card on the board. Is it an AMD processor?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Smart Watch That Couldn't Be Repaired In Toronto Gets Fixed In Computer Village / BEST MODEM In Nigeria:the Guides To "Which Modem Is The Best To Use In Nigeria?" / Is The ASUS Zenbook Pro Duo Laptop With 2 Screens Worth ₦1.4 Million?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.