Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,146 members, 7,811,236 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:18 AM

Soldiers Nab Fulani Herdsmen Robbing On Lagos-ibadan Expressway - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Soldiers Nab Fulani Herdsmen Robbing On Lagos-ibadan Expressway (21598 Views)

Fuel Tanker Falls On Lagos-ibadan Expressway,catches Fire In The Process. Photos / BURSTED!! Fulani Herdsmen Robbing On Lagos-ibadan Expressway Caught (seephoto) / Picture Of A Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Accident Survivor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soldiers Nab Fulani Herdsmen Robbing On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by etunoman76(m): 6:11am On Dec 17, 2014
The Lagos State Police Command has detained two Fulani herdsmen, Mohammed Umar and Manu Hassan, for allegedly robbing motorists on the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway.

Our correspondent learnt that Umar and Hassan, who were herdsmen from the Ngaski area of Kebbi State, were arrested by soldiers attached to the OP MESA while they were robbing some people.

They were later handed over to the state Special Anti-Robbery Squad.

PUNCH Metro gathered that three locally-made rifles and some cartridges were recovered from the gang.

According to the police, the gang of Fulani herdsmen robbers, apart from the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, also has hideouts in the Abbatoir, Abule Egba and Agege areas of Lagos where they perpetrate their acts.

It was learnt that while the soldiers apprehended Umar and Hassan, four other members of the gang evaded arrest, and were still on the run. The police further said the suspected herdsmen robbers also had hideouts in the Igbo Ora and Saki areas of Oyo State.

Speaking with PUNCH Metro, 28-year-old Umar said he had come to Kara Market on the expressway to make a living by selling cows before he joined the gang.

He said, “I am married with two children, and my family is based in Kebbi. I was formerly selling cows at the Kara Market before I was introduced to the gang. I rob on the highway and also steal cows, although I don’t enjoy it. I have stolen about 12 cows this year.

“I sold them to one Alhaji Dan Manu in Abbatoir, Agege. I sold six to him for N500,000. I don’t have problem taking the cows away. I know their language.”

Twenty-two-year-old Hassan, from Bonza area of Kebbi State, said the gang had just started their operation when the OP MESA stormed the place.

He said, “It was Mohammed (Umar) who said they had a work to do that night and I should come with them. I thought he was talking about construction labour. But when I knew we were going to rob on the expressway, I told them I could not use a gun. They threatened to kill me, and then handed me one of their guns.

“We had hardly started the operation when the soldiers arrived at the scene. Others ran away, but I was caught. We were seven in number. The soldiers might have killed me, but I surrendered to them, explaining that it was my first time.”

The Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Kenneth Nwosu, confirmed the arrest of the herdsmen.

He said, “They are the ones terrorising the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, especially around the Kara Market. They have confessed to several other robberies. Three locally-made guns and knives were recovered from them.”

http://www.punchng.com/metro-plus/soldiers-nab-fulani-herdsmen-robbing-on-lagos-ibadan-expressway/

Re: Soldiers Nab Fulani Herdsmen Robbing On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by ckmayoca: 6:26am On Dec 17, 2014
This one na desperado with 2 guns oh. Bid ur family good buy for a long time.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Nab Fulani Herdsmen Robbing On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Mathewa(m): 6:36am On Dec 17, 2014
hnnnnn.. Ojo kan ni tole ojokan ni tolohun. Yoruba proverb

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Nab Fulani Herdsmen Robbing On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by CuppyCakie: 12:32pm On Dec 17, 2014
OK....The gun no be from here ooo

LINDA IKEJI LEAK UNCLAD PICS
http:///ArD9i

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Nab Fulani Herdsmen Robbing On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Nmeri17: 12:32pm On Dec 17, 2014
lolls...its only those using toy guns and daggers that NPF can "nab". bunch of incompetent mofos. na only God dey protect us

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Nab Fulani Herdsmen Robbing On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by siraj1402(m): 12:32pm On Dec 17, 2014
Good of them.

Meanwhile,
Less do I know its a crime to express your mind.After protested for some of posts that are favoured over my post,I can't post anything for the past 4 day.I was thjnking that it was a general error until I decided to go through my second account then I descovered some things are wrong.Nairaland is not my father's property, but injustice is an injustices no matter to whom or how small.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Nab Fulani Herdsmen Robbing On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Brightology2(m): 12:32pm On Dec 17, 2014
Fulani shocked shocked mmmm let's wait n hear what buhari will say abt his Fulani brothers

6 Likes

Re: Soldiers Nab Fulani Herdsmen Robbing On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Francon(f): 12:32pm On Dec 17, 2014
See the alikas grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Nab Fulani Herdsmen Robbing On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by holatin(m): 12:33pm On Dec 17, 2014
leave them now, they are only doing Christmas shopping
Re: Soldiers Nab Fulani Herdsmen Robbing On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Nobody: 12:33pm On Dec 17, 2014
bomb them. awan oniranu OSI.mtceww

5 Likes

Re: Soldiers Nab Fulani Herdsmen Robbing On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Nobody: 12:33pm On Dec 17, 2014
Abokiss upgrading from Following Nama(Cows) To Making Cool Cash!

E don be!

6 Likes

Re: Soldiers Nab Fulani Herdsmen Robbing On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Prodeegee(m): 12:33pm On Dec 17, 2014
This isn't Jos or one of those states ull do it and go scot-free. This is LAGOS

1 Like

Why these mofos no dey think of anything Good
Re: Soldiers Nab Fulani Herdsmen Robbing On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by nataisha(f): 12:33pm On Dec 17, 2014
hmmmm it is waoooooooooo angry angry
Re: Soldiers Nab Fulani Herdsmen Robbing On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Ymodulus: 12:33pm On Dec 17, 2014
These people are not Nigerians, these are buzu Arabs in the Niger-Libyan desert. Because of been muslim gave them chip ticket of claiming been a Fulani. They speak Arab, not even Hausa or the fulanic language. For election and political reason the fula is accepted them to be part of them. Anyway, it is time we take this issue of nationality and identity serious. If not all these foreigners will continue to feed on us and turn around to kill us. Many notable Nigerian had been killed by these evil thieves claiming to be cattle rearers. I hope our government take Nigerian identity issue serious. If not the whole African,Arabs become Nigerian because of the oil.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soldiers Nab Fulani Herdsmen Robbing On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by tiamiyukunle69(m): 12:34pm On Dec 17, 2014
Home made guns
Re: Soldiers Nab Fulani Herdsmen Robbing On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by megabyte2(f): 12:34pm On Dec 17, 2014
Good for them

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Nab Fulani Herdsmen Robbing On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Nobody: 12:34pm On Dec 17, 2014
These vile creatures should be given the ultimate punishment!

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Nab Fulani Herdsmen Robbing On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Vadel(m): 12:34pm On Dec 17, 2014
good for them. that would serve as a deterrent to other s. BTW, the soldiers should do more by combatting book haram
Re: Soldiers Nab Fulani Herdsmen Robbing On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by eminikansoso(m): 12:34pm On Dec 17, 2014
operation kill them
they should pay for their crimes
only God knows how many they have killed

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Nab Fulani Herdsmen Robbing On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Nobody: 12:34pm On Dec 17, 2014
Animals.

Upon say them no the celebrate Christmas.
What are they hustling for?

See them face.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Nab Fulani Herdsmen Robbing On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Wisepac: 12:35pm On Dec 17, 2014
see as dem dey look as boko haram.

if u want a change for Nigeria, please like
NIGERIA REVOLUTIONIST page on Facebook, we
the youth are the ones dat can make changes,
let fight for our future and unborn generations.
Re: Soldiers Nab Fulani Herdsmen Robbing On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:35pm On Dec 17, 2014
good

Best blog ever !!! www.kingebuka.com

King Ebuka's Blog !!!!
Re: Soldiers Nab Fulani Herdsmen Robbing On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by decode55(m): 12:36pm On Dec 17, 2014
Flog the living daylight out of those skinny ingrates angry

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Nab Fulani Herdsmen Robbing On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by SenatorTobijah(m): 12:36pm On Dec 17, 2014
That's Tom Cruise and Wesley Snipes !! Ehyaaa na so they don become robbers.
Re: Soldiers Nab Fulani Herdsmen Robbing On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Nobody: 12:36pm On Dec 17, 2014
siraj1402:
Good of them.

Meanwhile,
Less do I know its a crime to express your mind.After protested for some of posts that are favoured over my post,I can't post anything for the past 4 day.I was thjnking that it was a general error until I decided to go through my second account then I descovered some things are wrong.Nairaland is not my father's property, but injustice is an injustices no matter to whom or how small.

You don't know what that means?
Re: Soldiers Nab Fulani Herdsmen Robbing On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by ERODEDEAST(f): 12:37pm On Dec 17, 2014
Jihad.ist already in d SW

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Nab Fulani Herdsmen Robbing On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by onadana: 12:37pm On Dec 17, 2014
coolapply sharia.....case dismiss....
Re: Soldiers Nab Fulani Herdsmen Robbing On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by warrenweste(m): 12:38pm On Dec 17, 2014
they've been robbing shaki people since 1800 undecided
Re: Soldiers Nab Fulani Herdsmen Robbing On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by siraj1402(m): 12:38pm On Dec 17, 2014
emusmith:

You don't know what that means?
I'm telling you its not a technical error but done deliberately.
Re: Soldiers Nab Fulani Herdsmen Robbing On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by japhmanuel: 12:38pm On Dec 17, 2014
They're fvckin annoyin, they think anywhere they see is their land angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Worst Rumour About Yourself / How Much Do You Spend On Feeding Daily / Man O War Ranks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.