Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,641 members, 7,809,406 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:04 AM

Nigerians Are Underutilizing Their Tablets - Computers (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Nigerians Are Underutilizing Their Tablets (17451 Views)

Nigerian Company Launch Nigerian Laptops And Tablets / Nigerians Are Being Cheated By Isps - Look At My Internet Speed Here In Malaysia / Only 14 Nigerians Are CCIE Certified (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Are Underutilizing Their Tablets by Nobody: 4:55pm On Dec 18, 2014
martineverest:
Its has take over laptops in most part of america,pple are already convinced,most airlines and companies like cocoacola,bmw have replaced their laptops with it......besides,the next version promises to be larger(up to 14 inches)

@Bolded, is that not a laptop being called a different name all over again?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are Underutilizing Their Tablets by Nobody: 4:57pm On Dec 18, 2014
martineverest:
Its has take over laptops in most part of america,pple are already convinced,most airlines and companies like cocoacola,bmw have replaced their laptops with it......besides,the next version promises to be larger(up to 14 inches)

14" screen ke, how does it differ from my HP DM4 other than it's weight.
Re: Nigerians Are Underutilizing Their Tablets by martineverest(m): 4:57pm On Dec 18, 2014
As an mechanical engineer and a video editor...what else do u need in a tablet with 4 to 8gb ram,intel core i3,ì5 and i7 and storage of up to 500 gb ssd(100 times faster[ dan normal hard drive).....surface pro 4 is said to come with 16 gb ram,intel's broadwell processor or intel xeon processor and up to 1tb of storage.....surface pro is d anwser to unproductive android tabletsquote author=oyb post=28997088]

you really think a tiny keyboard and small screen can takeover from a laptop?

maybe if you're an exec - but if you have to serious work, that surface pro is not it.[/quote]
Re: Nigerians Are Underutilizing Their Tablets by Evathyst(f): 4:57pm On Dec 18, 2014
WIZGUY69:
I agree with you op
as for me, i don't underutilize any smart phone.
they are some apps in my tablet that one won't believe can be in it .
Nigerian ladies just buy some expenses gadget without knowing the use.
cheesy
Please o! All of u should tell us wat one can do with tablets o!

As for me, I use my fone to browse, read e-books, watch movies, and sometimes play games. Any other thing u think I should be doing with it Plz enlighten me. Instead of all ds 'Ladies under-utilize gadgets talk' embarassed
Re: Nigerians Are Underutilizing Their Tablets by Nobody: 5:03pm On Dec 18, 2014
Evathyst:
Please o! All of u should tell us wat one can do with tablets o!

As for me, I use my fone to browse, read e-books, watch movies, and sometimes play games. Any other thing u think I should be doing with it Plz enlighten me. Instead of all ds 'Ladies under-utilize gadgets talk' embarassed

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Seriously you dey vex, many many....

Well you are using your tablet for what it's meant ni.

I think what the OP is really trying to point out is that folks keep buying "expensive tablets" when a mid range device can actually do all they want to do.
Re: Nigerians Are Underutilizing Their Tablets by Nobody: 5:05pm On Dec 18, 2014
Perfectly working TECNO p9 mini tab for sale. Contact Me on 07064715146
Re: Nigerians Are Underutilizing Their Tablets by Evathyst(f): 5:11pm On Dec 18, 2014
Kingsleyinfo:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Seriously you dey vex, many many....

Well you are using your tablet for what it's meant ni.

I think what the OP is really trying to point out is that folks keep buying "expensive tablets" when a mid range device can actually do all they want to do.

Oh! I see! I fear o!
Was thinking maybe I'm one of doz garage chairmen who would just hold their tablet like it's their birth certificate. Use, dem no dey use am. Yet, dey keep displaying it every now and den. Our Landlord's case is even pathetic.

Tnx 4 allayin my fears sha. Besides, I don't own a tablet presently. Don't know if any maga will buy for me in 2015 sha tongue

D GIONEE M2 I use currently, I bought it with my hard earned money from Initialize.
Re: Nigerians Are Underutilizing Their Tablets by Nobody: 5:12pm On Dec 18, 2014
martineverest:
As an mechanical engineer and a video editor...what else do u need in a tablet with 4 to 8gb ram,intel core i3,ì5 and i7 and storage of up to 500 gb ssd(100 times faster[ dan normal hard drive).....surface pro 4 is said to come with 16 gb ram,intel's broadwell processor or intel xeon processor and up to 1tb of storage.....surface pro is d anwser to unproductive android tabletsquote author=oyb post=28997088]

you really think a tiny keyboard and small screen can takeover from a laptop?

maybe if you're an exec - but if you have to serious work, that surface pro is not it.

do you really do video editing? do you realize that to effectively use any graphics driven app you need a dedicated video card and 17" or wider 1920x 1080p screen?

unless you're dabbling in the software and not really using it. we had been fighting for a dell precision workstation for a guy in my department. the guy has it now, and he cannot believe how he had been suffering previously. that's what happen when you entertain the delusion that you can use a tablet for apps that require heavy lifting. i bet the next thing is you will be telling us the latest versions of adobe photoshop are crap because they can only crawl on the tablet you are obsessively boosting
Re: Nigerians Are Underutilizing Their Tablets by Bensonking: 5:23pm On Dec 18, 2014
Re: Nigerians Are Underutilizing Their Tablets by femi4: 5:28pm On Dec 18, 2014
Price range of these tablets/casules?
Re: Nigerians Are Underutilizing Their Tablets by M4gunners: 5:32pm On Dec 18, 2014
Evathyst:
Oh! I see! I fear o!
Was thinking maybe I'm one of doz garage chairmen who would just hold their tablet like it's their birth certificate. Use, dem no dey use am. Yet, dey keep displaying it every now and den. Our Landlord's case is even pathetic.

Tnx 4 allayin my fears sha. Besides, I don't own a tablet presently. Don't know if any maga will buy for me in 2015 sha tongue

D GIONEE M2 I use currently, I bought it with my hard earned money from Initialize.
Oh one maga is willing to buy it 4 u,but on a condition.
Re: Nigerians Are Underutilizing Their Tablets by Darkpal: 5:34pm On Dec 18, 2014
Tablets are actually glorified smart phones
Re: Nigerians Are Underutilizing Their Tablets by Evathyst(f): 5:36pm On Dec 18, 2014
M4gunners:
Oh one maga is willing to buy it 4 u,but on a condition.
On a no s*x condition ba? tongue
Re: Nigerians Are Underutilizing Their Tablets by Nobody: 5:37pm On Dec 18, 2014
vizkiz:

undecided
Like u don't book space undecided
Re: Nigerians Are Underutilizing Their Tablets by martineverest(m): 5:46pm On Dec 18, 2014
Well i use hp zenbook for video editing and solidworks design.......microsoft surface can take full adobe suite and photoshops,solidworks and autodesk inventor are compactible.surface pro is not meant for apps alone but also application programs.it uses xternal disc drives to instal cd plates.it uses full windows 8.1 and its an intel x86 device and not ARM based architecture
oyb:

do you really do video editing? do you realize that to effectively use any graphics driven app you need a dedicated video card and 17" or wider 1920x 1080p screen?

unless you're dabbling in the software and not really using it. we had been fighting for a dell precision workstation for a guy in my department. the guy has it now, and he cannot believe how he had been suffering previously. that's what happen when you entertain the delusion that you can use a tablet for apps that require heavy lifting. i bet the next thing is you will be telling us the latest versions of adobe photoshop are crap because they can only crawl on the tablet you are obsessively boosting
Re: Nigerians Are Underutilizing Their Tablets by martineverest(m): 5:48pm On Dec 18, 2014
Its called 'laplet'....a tablet with laptop hardwares.
Kingsleyinfo:

14" screen ke, how does it differ from my HP DM4 other than it's weight.
Re: Nigerians Are Underutilizing Their Tablets by Aroniyo200(m): 5:49pm On Dec 18, 2014
Can you help with how to use dictation on galaxy note 10.1, 2014 edition, to write my book instead of typing?
Re: Nigerians Are Underutilizing Their Tablets by M4gunners: 5:52pm On Dec 18, 2014
Evathyst:
On a no s*x condition ba? tongue
Ah ah i didn't mention s3x why your mind dey fly na? Anyway if you give me, i go chop.
Re: Nigerians Are Underutilizing Their Tablets by Evathyst(f): 5:57pm On Dec 18, 2014
M4gunners:
Ah ah i didn't mention s3x why your mind dey fly na? Anyway if you give me, i go chop.
Tufia! U don sour! Wat happens to 'keep urself till after marriage talk?'

If it's s*x u'r so interested in, den buying a tablet for a gal just to av s*x with her is a waste of money nau. After all, Allen avenue gals never carry HIV finish. Let's just stop here please, make we no derail pple thread for dem wink
Re: Nigerians Are Underutilizing Their Tablets by tryanzer(m): 6:02pm On Dec 18, 2014
If u r in lagos i can help you minimize cost on data, if u interested contact me on 07060623338
Re: Nigerians Are Underutilizing Their Tablets by M4gunners: 6:05pm On Dec 18, 2014
Evathyst:
Tufia! U don sour! Wat happens to 'keep urself till after marriage talk?'

If it's s*x u'r so interested in, den buying a tablet for a gal just to av s*x with her is a waste of money nau. After all, Allen avenue gals never carry HIV finish. Let's just stop here please, make we no derail pple thread for dem wink
Allen avenue were is that? Cos i live in between France and Germany.
Re: Nigerians Are Underutilizing Their Tablets by initialize(m): 6:05pm On Dec 18, 2014
Evathyst:
Oh! I see! I fear o!

I have Tablet for you but I'm ain't a Maga. wink
Re: Nigerians Are Underutilizing Their Tablets by Evathyst(f): 6:12pm On Dec 18, 2014
initialize:

I have Tablet for you but I'm ain't a Maga. wink
I sight u Bro! How u no go get mouth talk? After all, I didn't magarize u wen u were seriously in love tongue

As 4d tab, if u no go give me. Trust me, a maga will. Except my ministry don reach permanent site which I doubt. wink
Re: Nigerians Are Underutilizing Their Tablets by initialize(m): 6:15pm On Dec 18, 2014
Evathyst:
I sight u Bro! How u no go get mouth talk? After all, I didn't magarize u wen u were seriously in love tongue

As 4d tab, if u no go give me. Trust me, a maga will. Except my ministry don reach permanent site which I doubt. wink

smiley
Re: Nigerians Are Underutilizing Their Tablets by skydancer: 6:19pm On Dec 18, 2014
Indeed, if all tablets came with bluetooth keyboards, life would be different with tablets. Maybe this is a market someone should explore
Re: Nigerians Are Underutilizing Their Tablets by Michel886(m): 6:20pm On Dec 18, 2014
This is very true. Especially with the iPhones people are dying about, some don't even know how to switch it on..
Re: Nigerians Are Underutilizing Their Tablets by Nobody: 6:24pm On Dec 18, 2014
and underutilized range rovers and g wagons
Re: Nigerians Are Underutilizing Their Tablets by Baddestguyp(m): 6:34pm On Dec 18, 2014
martineverest:
U re the real tech savvy,not d op dat doesnt understand computing.......the future of smart devices is in windows and mac os..i just pity android and blackberry..........microsoft have completly convince ppl to get surface pro 3 and apple is about to launch ipad pro laplet like surface pro 3.as for the price,microsoft is planing to launch surface mini and surface phones.....windows 10 ll surely sweep android out
I don't agree with ur last part, android will go out but not anytime soon, not even with Windows 10 launch. people love android because of its flexibility, it gives u almost complete freedom over ur device without even rooting. I can't handle a smartphone device with restrictions now cos it'll seem like trash
Re: Nigerians Are Underutilizing Their Tablets by Baddestguyp(m): 6:36pm On Dec 18, 2014
most gadgets are under utilized
Re: Nigerians Are Underutilizing Their Tablets by lexylexy9: 7:02pm On Dec 18, 2014
just woke up this morning to see my samsung galaxy note 10.1 off. I turned it on and alwhat comes up is "encryption failed. Unable to complete encryption due to interupption. Perform factory data reset(erasing all your data) b4 use. After restting, try encrypting device again.
Please what do i do? Any help
Re: Nigerians Are Underutilizing Their Tablets by practicalclass: 7:16pm On Dec 18, 2014
List of what i use my tablet to do:
1) To read including academic books and lecture powerpoint, novels (fiction, romance, illustrations, etc), motivational books, materials, journals, etc
2) Morning devotion (i have a Bible app with a devotional and bible commentary)
3) Play games including NBA, Gangstar Rio, etc
4) Watch movies esp Season movies and i add dowloaded subtitles to enjoy it more (power of Mx player)
5) Type document on the go e.g. CVs, employment letter and all manner of formal letters
6) Prepare power points especially during sunday sermons for projection to church audience (i work in Multimedia department)
7) Edit pictures for upload and sharing
cool Share files and read flash drives (that is the use of OTG cable)
This is all i can remember for now (not by my power but by His mercies)
I'm waiting to get a tablet with HDMI port so i can use my tablet for powerpoint presentation and forget abt my laptop.
Trust me, the tablet has more functions dan what its used for.

P.S: sorry for the lengthy comment.
thanks for taking your time to read it.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are Underutilizing Their Tablets by practicalclass: 7:18pm On Dec 18, 2014
lexylexy9:
just woke up this morning to see my samsung galaxy note 10.1 off. I turned it on and alwhat comes up is "encryption failed. Unable to complete encryption due to interupption. Perform factory data reset(erasing all your data) b4 use. After restting, try encrypting device again.
Please what do i do? Any help

Try putting it on again, den if it fails, do as it says.
I hope u know ow to do the hard reset (cos u might need d hard reset since its not powering ON to do soft reset).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is It Okay To Read Your Wife's E-Mails? / Google To Phase Out Passwords, Roll Out Fingerprint, Face Scan, Others / Fix Hdcp Compliant Display Error When Watching Netflix Video In Safari On Mac

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.