Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,283 members, 7,811,834 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:41 PM

Tinubu: Jonathan Plotting To Block Me From Emerging Buhari’s Running Mate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu: Jonathan Plotting To Block Me From Emerging Buhari’s Running Mate (1367 Views)

President Jonathan Plotting To Impeach Another APC Governor / Tinubu - Jonathan Better-off In Nollywood Than In Aso Rock / Tinubu - Jonathan’s Aides Threatening Nigeria’s Unity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu: Jonathan Plotting To Block Me From Emerging Buhari’s Running Mate by Nobody: 7:39am On Dec 17, 2014
A national leader of the All Progressives Congress [APC], Bola Tinubu, has accused President Goodluck Jonathan of mounting a campaign to block him from picking the vice presidential ticket of the party.
He said the president and his party, the Peoples Democratic Party [PDP], were afraid that the combination of a former Head of State, Muhammadu Buhari, and himself as the APC presidential and vice presidential candidates, could wreck them in the February 14 election.
He was responding to an article published in a popular online medium, Sahara Reporters titled, “How Jonathan Blackmailed Bola Tinubu before 2011 Presidential Election: Season of Wrong knives.”
The former Lagos governor is accusing the President of being behind the report even though Sahara Reporters  is not known to be a fan or mouth piece of Mr. Jonathan.
Mr. Tinubu, is angling to run on the same ticket in the presidential election with Mr. Buhari, who was elected the APC candidate last Thursday.
However, it is believed that some of the party’s leaders are not comfortable with the combination because both are Muslims.
The statement by the Tinubu Media Office, on Tuesday, said the unfolding “smear campaign” against the former governor did not come as a surprise.
It said the campaign against Mr. Tinubu had been in the works for years since the Jonathan-led government realized that the APC leader commanded a powerful political followership.
“The successful merger and birth of the APC posed the most potent threat to the PDP and Tinubu, an architect of the merger, has become a marked man,” the statement said.
“The thought of a Buhari-Tinubu ticket confounds the PDP hierarchy and their crisis-battered president. That Tinubu might be nominated as General Buhari’s running mate also incenses the small element within the APC who joined the party not for its progressive vision but to exploit its platform to press forward their vision of themselves.
“Having failed at halting General Buhari’s bid, the PDP disinformation machine has thrown itself into overdrive trying to stymie the selection of Tinubu. Sadly, some elements within the APC – elevating their personal ambition over party and national interests — have lent themselves to this endeavour.”
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/173392-tinubu-jonathan-plotting-block-emerging-buharis-running-mate.html
Re: Tinubu: Jonathan Plotting To Block Me From Emerging Buhari’s Running Mate by chamboy(m): 7:40am On Dec 17, 2014
Pdp goons.... can't u guys live without lies
Re: Tinubu: Jonathan Plotting To Block Me From Emerging Buhari’s Running Mate by Nobody: 7:43am On Dec 17, 2014
chamboy:
Pdp goons.... can't u guys live without lies
Is Tinubu now PDP?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: Jonathan Plotting To Block Me From Emerging Buhari’s Running Mate by ochilikoko(m): 7:49am On Dec 17, 2014
One thing I know 4 sure is that tinibu can never be loyal to buhari as His President if they eventually succeeds hence, the worst Govt the World shall ever witness.

APC....Disaster In Incubator

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu: Jonathan Plotting To Block Me From Emerging Buhari’s Running Mate by iamodenigbo1(m): 7:53am On Dec 17, 2014
so he is interested to be a Vp
Re: Tinubu: Jonathan Plotting To Block Me From Emerging Buhari’s Running Mate by Vykiano(m): 8:10am On Dec 17, 2014
Can tinubu jst keep quiet n let other young n vibrant men,whom ar his boys anyway to run with an already old parked plane..# wen 2 old men run government we heading back to d stone age..

Gej dis is ur best time to win, n still ur best time to lose...

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: Jonathan Plotting To Block Me From Emerging Buhari’s Running Mate by rozayx5(m): 8:13am On Dec 17, 2014
Vykiano:
Can tinubu jst keep quiet n let other young n vibrant men,whom ar his boys anyway to run with an already old parked plane..# wen 2 old men run government we heading back to d stone age..

Gej dis is ur best time to win, n still ur best time to lose...

2 old people that should be in old peoples home contesting to rule over a large nation like Nigeria, is this the best of APC??
what happened to younger member with brains undecided

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: Jonathan Plotting To Block Me From Emerging Buhari’s Running Mate by bamosagie(m): 8:22am On Dec 17, 2014
Just imagine this scenerio: Buhari dies in office, the vice is informed and the importance of the situation dawn on him, his old heart cannot handle the news and he also slump and join the statistic of cardiovascular accident.
NO president, no vice president. constitutional wahala.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu: Jonathan Plotting To Block Me From Emerging Buhari’s Running Mate by janvier27(m): 8:33am On Dec 17, 2014
I imagine this will be the least of Jonathan's problem now. Tinubu should just focus on how he'll force himself on his governors.
Re: Tinubu: Jonathan Plotting To Block Me From Emerging Buhari’s Running Mate by mistabiola: 8:37am On Dec 17, 2014
Tinubu put aside your selfish interest cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Tinubu: Jonathan Plotting To Block Me From Emerging Buhari’s Running Mate by mazzi: 8:40am On Dec 17, 2014
And the oska award goes to tinubu for making the joke of the year!

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: Jonathan Plotting To Block Me From Emerging Buhari’s Running Mate by nairalife2013(m): 8:54am On Dec 17, 2014
Asiwaju peoples congress!
Oga ti, I dey hail u o! I hav broom for sale o! In my dormain, folks no gree buy brooms again o! Making d consignment surplus n cheap. Itx one a penny! Pls place ya order. Thx

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: Jonathan Plotting To Block Me From Emerging Buhari’s Running Mate by lilflipnerd: 8:57am On Dec 17, 2014
abelbriggs:

Is Tinubu now PDP?
You the OP, U r a Tanist
Re: Tinubu: Jonathan Plotting To Block Me From Emerging Buhari’s Running Mate by Nobody: 9:04am On Dec 17, 2014
bamosagie:
Just imagine this scenerio: Buhari dies in office, the vice is informed and the importance of the situation dawn on him, his old heart cannot handle the news and he also slump and join the statistic of cardiovascular accident.
grin grin grin double wahala.
Re: Tinubu: Jonathan Plotting To Block Me From Emerging Buhari’s Running Mate by major466(m): 9:38am On Dec 17, 2014
bamosagie:
Relax. APC will not smell Aso Rock in 2015.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: Jonathan Plotting To Block Me From Emerging Buhari’s Running Mate by Descartes: 9:42am On Dec 17, 2014
grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Why Does Jonathan Want Another FALCON 7X JET ? / Freedom Of Information. FOI In LAGOS? Can Anyone Confirm? / For Nairaland Moderators who don't know what "Islamic Economics" means.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.