Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,879 members, 7,838,147 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

2015 Lexus ES. Hot Or Not? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 2015 Lexus ES. Hot Or Not? (11374 Views)

Where Can I Get 2015 Lexus NX Parts In Lagos? / Lexus Es 350 2008 / I Have A Check Engine Problem 2000 Mazda 626 Es/lx (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2015 Lexus ES. Hot Or Not? by abatically(m): 11:24pm On Dec 18, 2014
chucky234:
RLX kills LS in styling and design.

I don't see any way the RLX kills the LS in styling and design. That 'thing' doesn't even have an awd version yet. The back seat is so boring and dual LCD screen at the front could be confusing, no match for LS's interface and mouse like control. We should be comparing the RLX with Lexus ES. I mean u can't sell me a FWD car as a full size luxury sedan.

I have driven the 2014 accord. Love it and dual LCD looks good but inconsistent. When I'm playing some music on the media screen, sometimes it also appears on the navigation screen causing a duplicate. They brought the same thing into the RLX.
Re: 2015 Lexus ES. Hot Or Not? by chucky234(m): 11:35pm On Dec 18, 2014
abatically:

I don't see any way the RLX kills the LS in styling and design. That 'thing' doesn't even have an awd version yet. The back seat is so boring and dual LCD screen at the front could be confusing, no match for LS's interface and mouse like control. We should be comparing the RLX with Lexus ES. I mean u can't sell me a FWD car as a full size luxury sedan.
Hahaha ES cant even measure up with TL/TLX , by way the RLX is classed as a midsized saloon with its main rivals being the Lexus GS, BMW 5 series, Benz E class and prolly Cadillac XLS.
For the RLX to be compared with the big players like the A8, S class, BMX 7 shows it is a great car, just imagine the RLX with a V8.
Re: 2015 Lexus ES. Hot Or Not? by abatically(m): 12:18am On Dec 19, 2014
chucky234:
Hahaha ES cant even measure up with TL/TLX , by way the RLX is classed as a midsized saloon with its main rivals being the Lexus GS, BMW 5 series, Benz E class and prolly Cadillac XLS.
For the RLX to be compared with the big players like the A8, S class, BMX 7 shows it is a great car, just imagine the RLX with a V8.

No way, the acura TL is mid size while the RL/RLX is full size. Very good car no doubt but u sef know it can't stand where the 7 series, Audi s8 and Mercedes Benz S class are being mentioned. Lexus LS on the other hand will dine with those cars.
Re: 2015 Lexus ES. Hot Or Not? by billy187(m): 1:51am On Dec 19, 2014
lomomike:

Are you sure of the bolded? What about the spindle grille trademark thingy? What about all those buttons, displays, curves and et al? Aren't they in your face kinda ish?

Lemme use two uber limousines for example.
Try sitting in a Rolls Royce, you'll notice how majestic it is, how laid back it is both interior and exterior almost no buttons to push because they're hidden away leaving you with mostly wood, hide and chrome surfaces hence making it look and feel traditionally British, open the recesses and hidden buttons and get wowed by the technological wonders that rolls royce have to offer.

Now the rolls royce is a not in your eyes kind of car, the immediate discontinued maybachs is over accessorized with buttons, gauges, screens etc and its one hell of a bold "in your eyes statement" they made with it.

I must admit you are quite right. The lexus does have a busy bmw-ish interior. However, in my opinion the exterior is rather laid-back if you compare it to 2015 offerings like say, the E class or even a 5 series. It does have the trademark spindle grill but then it's rather subtle if you compare it to the outrageous, accident illiciting grin executions on other lexuses such as the 2015 RC.
Re: 2015 Lexus ES. Hot Or Not? by Fulaman198(m): 2:57am On Dec 19, 2014
billy187:

I must admit you are quite right. The lexus does have a busy bmw-ish interior. However, in my opinion the exterior is rather laid-back if you compare it to 2015 offerings like say, the E class or even a 5 series. It does have the trademark spindle grill but then it's rather subtle if you compare it to the outrageous, accident illiciting grin executions on other lexuses such as the 2015 RC.

The ES is in a different class from the E-class and 5 series.

The GS on the other hand is in the same class with the E-class and 5 series.
Re: 2015 Lexus ES. Hot Or Not? by billy187(m): 3:34am On Dec 19, 2014
Fulaman198:

The ES is in a different class from the E-class and 5 series.

The GS on the other hand is in the same class with the E-class and 5 series.
Exactly! I was trying to emphasize the "toned" down styling of the ES in relation to even less sophisticated offerings by the competition.
Re: 2015 Lexus ES. Hot Or Not? by chucky234(m): 7:07am On Dec 19, 2014
abatically:

No way, the acura TL is mid size while the RL/RLX is full size. Very good car no doubt but u sef know it can't stand where the 7 series, Audi s8 and Mercedes Benz S class are being mentioned. Lexus LS on the other hand will dine with those cars.
Your record is wrong bro, the RLX is classed as midsized sedan because of Honda's refusal to fit it a V8 engine which the car deserve. Try compare the RLX with A8 base model offering 3.0 V6.
Your LS with 4.6L V8 does 380hp while while RLX fitted with poorly 3.5L V6 does 310hp, take break for a second and imagine the RLX spotting a 4.6L V8 fully armed with Honda's 5 star reliability and durability tag.
Re: 2015 Lexus ES. Hot Or Not? by abatically(m): 7:40am On Dec 19, 2014
chucky234:
Your record is wrong bro, the RLX is classed as midsized sedan because of Honda's refusal to fit it a V8 engine which the car deserve. Try compare the RLX with A8 base model offering 3.0 V6.
Your LS with 4.6L V8 does 380hp while while RLX fitted with poorly 3.5L V6 does 310hp, take break for a second and imagine the RLX spotting a 4.6L V8 fully armed with Honda's 5 star reliability and durability tag.

The Acura RLX is a full sized Luxury Sedan dude, take it or leave it. It is nobody's fault that Honda refused to add a V8 engine and back seat entertainment and AWD. Every other thing from the wheelbase, size, length and trunk space all comply to full size car.

Re: 2015 Lexus ES. Hot Or Not? by chucky234(m): 8:14am On Dec 19, 2014
abatically:

The Acura RLX is a full sized Luxury Sedan dude, take it or leave it. It is nobody's fault that Honda refused to add a V8 engine and back seat entertainment and AWD. Every other thing from the wheelbase, size, length and trunk space all comply to full size car.
Saying that RLX is a full size luxury sedan based on sizn and length then 2015 Camry is also a full size sedan.
Re: 2015 Lexus ES. Hot Or Not? by Nobody: 8:22am On Dec 19, 2014
abatically:

Dude has no clue its a full side limo; and a poor attempt at that. cheesy well, Audi do FWD or quattro in A8, maybe that's what RLX was busy pushing at but ended failing epic. By the way, I love their SH-AWD system (another attempt to copy ATTESA behaviour by Nissan skyline)- have you tried that ish on a high speed banked road which crescents? Mehn, if you can't control and modulate the steering angle, and throttle and gear, you'll drift round the bend or even crash if engine power is lost suddenly because it sends up to 90% power to an outer rear wheel to mimic slight sporty oversteer if needs be grin

1 Like

Re: 2015 Lexus ES. Hot Or Not? by abatically(m): 9:15am On Dec 19, 2014
chucky234:
Saying that RLX is a full size luxury sedan based on sizn and length then 2015 Camry is also a full size sedan.

Dude, Audi A8 has a 3.0L version and it doesn't stop it from being a full size luxury sedan. My point is being a full size is not totally dependent on the engine size. The Acura RLX is a full size, the only problem is that it is found wanting among its class.. PERIOD.

1 Like

Re: 2015 Lexus ES. Hot Or Not? by Fulaman198(m): 9:18am On Dec 19, 2014
chucky234:

Actually where the RLX lies is somewhere inbetween the ES and LS (I'd say the RLX is a competitor to the 5-series, Infiniti M series, Lexus GS and Mercedes E class.
Re: 2015 Lexus ES. Hot Or Not? by Fulaman198(m): 9:20am On Dec 19, 2014
chucky234:

RLX is in a class that competes with the Infiniti M now referred to as the Infiniti Q70

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infiniti_M
Re: 2015 Lexus ES. Hot Or Not? by chucky234(m): 11:47am On Dec 19, 2014
Fulaman198:

Actually where the RLX lies is somewhere inbetween the ES and LS (I'd say the RLX is a competitor to the 5-series, Infiniti M series, Lexus GS and Mercedes E class.
My take exactly, RLX competes with BMW 5 series, Cadillac XLS, Benz E class and Lexus GS
Re: 2015 Lexus ES. Hot Or Not? by chucky234(m): 11:52am On Dec 19, 2014
abatically:

Dude, Audi A8 has a 3.0L version and it doesn't stop it from being a full size luxury sedan. My point is being a full size is not totally dependent on the engine size. The Acura RLX is a full size, the only problem is that it is found wanting among its class.. PERIOD.
RLX found wanting in performance ? Nice joke.
Re: 2015 Lexus ES. Hot Or Not? by chucky234(m): 12:00pm On Dec 19, 2014
lomomike:

Dude has no clue its a full side limo; and a poor attempt at that. cheesy well, Audi do FWD or quattro in A8, maybe that's what RLX was busy pushing at but ended failing epic. By the way, I love their SH-AWD system (another attempt to copy ATTESA behaviour by Nissan skyline)- have you tried that ish on a high speed banked road which crescents? Mehn, if you can't control and modulate the steering angle, and throttle and gear, you'll drift round the bend or even crash if engine power is lost suddenly because it sends up to 90% power to an outer rear wheel to mimic slight sporty oversteer if needs be grin
RL/RLX which is marketed as Honda Legend in Asia and Europe has never been a poor car bro, except you have never driven one.
Like I said RLX competes with E class, Lexus GS, BMW 5 series and not LS or A8.
The premium unleaded V6 engine in the RLX is unrivalled by any of its direct competitors.
Re: 2015 Lexus ES. Hot Or Not? by abatically(m): 2:09pm On Dec 19, 2014
chucky234:
RL/RLX which is same Honda Legend in Asia and Europe has never been a poor car bro, except you have never driven one.
Like I said RLX competes with E class, Lexus GS, BMW 5 series and not LS or A8.
The premium unleaded V6 engine in the RLX is unrival by any of its direct competitors.

Since having a v8 engine is ur criteria to being a full size, then is it safe to call the Infiniti FX45 a full size? After all its got a 4.5L v8. In terms of mid size and compact, the accord and civic beats the Camry and corolla arms down. But when it comes to luxury, the Lexus is always ahead over the acura. Compare an MDX with Lexus RX. Honda don't even have a full size SUV unless u want to put a Honda pilot against Land cruiser.. Guy na die na.
Re: 2015 Lexus ES. Hot Or Not? by chucky234(m): 2:18pm On Dec 19, 2014
abatically:

Since having a v8 engine is ur criteria to being a full size, then is it safe to call the Infiniti FX45 a full size? After all its got a 4.5L v8. In terms of mid size and compact, the accord and civic beats the Camry and corolla arms down. But when it comes to luxury, the Lexus is always ahead over the acura. Compare an MDX with Lexus RX. Honda don't even have a full size SUV unless u want to put a Honda pilot against Land cruiser.. Guy na die na.
Hahahaha MDX has always been a far better car than the RX, Pilot compete with 4runner and not Landcruiser.
Only automobile novice will choose RX over the MDX, there is a reason people pay $12,000 more to buy the MDX rather than RX in North America.
Re: 2015 Lexus ES. Hot Or Not? by abatically(m): 2:33pm On Dec 19, 2014
chucky234:
Hahahaha MDX has always been a far better car than the RX, Pilot compete with 4runner and not Landcruiser.
Only automobile novice will choose RX over the MDX, there is a reason people pay $12,000 more to buy the MDX rather than RX in North America.

And why is the Lexus RX the highest selling mid size luxury cuv in the united states? Base price of the Rx and MDX are same. The highest trim of the Rx which is the F sport is about $49,000 while the advance and entertainment trim of the MDX is about $55,000. I don't see the $12,000 difference.
Re: 2015 Lexus ES. Hot Or Not? by chucky234(m): 2:42pm On Dec 19, 2014
abatically:

And why is the Lexus RX the highest selling mid size luxury cuv in the united states? Base price of the Rx and MDX are same. The highest trim of the Rx which is the F sport is about $49,000 while the advance and entertainment trim of the MDX is about $55,000. I don't see the $12,000 difference.
Which model year of MDX and RX do you want us to compare, I can give you the head to head comparisons of both cars from 2000 - 2014, MDX has always been the clear winner.
Re: 2015 Lexus ES. Hot Or Not? by Nobody: 3:15pm On Dec 19, 2014
chucky234:

Do you know what you're saying?

I'm sure you DON'T know what you're saying.
Re: 2015 Lexus ES. Hot Or Not? by Nobody: 3:19pm On Dec 19, 2014
abatically:

Bro, Chucky234 is a Honda acura diehard fan. He won't see reasons with you or independent honese expert reviewers say about these vehicles..

Chucky, no pun intended, have you owned, driven or explore any generation of the RX series? If YES I'd continue my question, if NO, then I end my argument.
Re: 2015 Lexus ES. Hot Or Not? by Export1: 4:57pm On Dec 19, 2014
I like white car and black interior. Nice car to drive.
Re: 2015 Lexus ES. Hot Or Not? by chucky234(m): 6:30pm On Dec 19, 2014
lomomike:

Bro, Chucky234 is a Honda acura diehard fan. He won't see reasons with you or independent honese expert reviewers say about these vehicles..

Chucky, no pun intended, have you owned, driven or explore any generation of the RX series? If YES I'd continue my question, if NO, then I end my argument.
Two of my friends own RX300 and RX330 and I have driven them on several occassions.
By the way I'm not a fan of Honda but a fan of good car, I'm not a brand person and I also presently own a Corolla .
Re: 2015 Lexus ES. Hot Or Not? by chucky234(m): 6:31pm On Dec 19, 2014
lomomike:

Do you know what you're saying?

I'm sure you DON'T know what you're saying.
DO you want to see proof ?
Re: 2015 Lexus ES. Hot Or Not? by Fulaman198(m): 6:32pm On Dec 19, 2014
The RX is actually a much more expensive SUV based on what I could see on my proxy connection

Re: 2015 Lexus ES. Hot Or Not? by Fulaman198(m): 6:35pm On Dec 19, 2014
In regards to Camry vs Accord, I would say the current 2015 Camry is far superior to the current 2015 Accord. I would also say the current 2015 Corolla is more high-tech and superior to the current 2015 Civic. Both the Camry and Corolla have LED headlamps which is typically only found on high-end luxury vehicles. In the end it boils down to personal preference.
Re: 2015 Lexus ES. Hot Or Not? by chucky234(m): 6:37pm On Dec 19, 2014
Fulaman198:
The RX is actually a much more expensive SUV based on what I could see on my proxy connection
RX more expensive, Tokunbo in Nigeria Yes but brand new in North America NO.
Re: 2015 Lexus ES. Hot Or Not? by Fulaman198(m): 6:39pm On Dec 19, 2014
chucky234:

Sorry the pictures I linked were of brand new models in North America. I hate to say this, but as of late, Lexus models in North America are almost as expensive as Mercedes if not as expensive
Re: 2015 Lexus ES. Hot Or Not? by chucky234(m): 6:40pm On Dec 19, 2014
Fulaman198:
In regards to Camry vs Accord, I would say the current 2015 Camry is far superior to the current 2015 Accord. I would also say the current 2015 Corolla is more high-tech and superior to the current 2015 Civic. Both the Camry and Corolla have LED headlamps which is typically only found on high-end luxury vehicles. In the end it boils down to personal preference.
Tell me this is not the Fulaman I have battled with in the past, I want to argue with the former Fulaman not this one.
Re: 2015 Lexus ES. Hot Or Not? by Fulaman198(m): 6:43pm On Dec 19, 2014
chucky234:
Tell me this is not the Fulaman I have battled with in the past, I want to argue with the former Fulaman not this one.

Same guy different style of arguing. I just try to argue with pictures now moreso than before
Re: 2015 Lexus ES. Hot Or Not? by abatically(m): 7:08pm On Dec 19, 2014
chucky234:

The advanced and tech package of MDX is slightly more expensive than Rx 350 F sport. Whether the MDX is more expensive than the Lexus RX450h that I don't know. But price is not everything, Lexus pays more attention to details when it comes to building luxury cars while acura focuses on tech packages, some which are useless and confusing.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Keep Your Tyres And Wheels In Good Condition / Honda Goes Into Robots, To Introduce 3E Robotics Concept At CES 2018 / How To Confirm The Genuineness Of Your Tinted Glass Permit And How To Get One

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.