Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,906 members, 7,838,232 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 05:42 PM

2015 Lexus ES. Hot Or Not? - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 2015 Lexus ES. Hot Or Not? (11375 Views)

Where Can I Get 2015 Lexus NX Parts In Lagos? / Lexus Es 350 2008 / I Have A Check Engine Problem 2000 Mazda 626 Es/lx (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2015 Lexus ES. Hot Or Not? by chucky234(m): 8:23pm On Dec 19, 2014
Fulaman198:

Same guy different style of arguing. I just try to argue with pictures now moreso than before
Hmmm I like the former Fulaman still.

1 Like

Re: 2015 Lexus ES. Hot Or Not? by chucky234(m): 8:59pm On Dec 19, 2014
abatically:

The advanced and tech package of MDX is slightly more expensive than Rx 350 F sport. Whether the MDX is more expensive than the Lexus RX450h that I don't know. But price is not everything, Lexus pays more attention to details when it comes to building luxury cars while acura focuses on tech packages, some which are useless and confusing.
The MDX kill the RX both in build quality, luxury, comfort, tech and performance.
http://m.autos.aol.com/compare?acode=USC20ACS111A0&acode=USC20LES122A0&acode=
http://www.edmunds.com/acura/mdx/2014/compare-test.html
www.thecarconnection.com/car-compare-results/acura_mdx_2015-vs-lexus_rx-350_2015
Re: 2015 Lexus ES. Hot Or Not? by chucky234(m): 9:17pm On Dec 19, 2014
And the RX got one of the worst rating for 2014 Consumer choices.
. www.thecarconnection.com/compare/acura_mdx_2014_choices
Re: 2015 Lexus ES. Hot Or Not? by chucky234(m): 9:41pm On Dec 19, 2014
Fulaman198:

Same guy different style of arguing. I just try to argue with pictures now moreso than before
Here is the 2014 Accord taking the 2015 Camry to the clearner, Camry remains one of the most boring cars on the road.
www.thecarconnection.com/car-compare-results/honda_accord-sdn_2014-vs-toyota_camry_2015
Re: 2015 Lexus ES. Hot Or Not? by abatically(m): 9:51pm On Dec 19, 2014
chucky234:
Here is the 2014 Accord taking the 2015 Camry to the clearner, Camry remains one of the most boring cars on the road.
www.thecarconnection.com/car-compare-results/honda_accord-sdn_2014-vs-toyota_camry_2015

Accord vs Camry, I have no argument with u, the Accord has always been the better car.
Re: 2015 Lexus ES. Hot Or Not? by chucky234(m): 9:58pm On Dec 19, 2014
Re: 2015 Lexus ES. Hot Or Not? by abatically(m): 10:09pm On Dec 19, 2014
chucky234:
The MDX kill the RX both in build quality, luxury, comfort, tech and performance.
http://m.autos.aol.com/compare?acode=USC20ACS111A0&acode=USC20LES122A0&acode=
http://www.edmunds.com/acura/mdx/2014/compare-test.html
www.thecarconnection.com/car-compare-results/acura_mdx_2015-vs-lexus_rx-350_2015

Bros, u and I know different websites will always have different views. The true test of the build quality and reliability of a car can only be achieved after a few years of use. KBB and US news rate the RX350 ahead of the Acura. And take a look at reliability ratings of both cars.

Re: 2015 Lexus ES. Hot Or Not? by abatically(m): 10:18pm On Dec 19, 2014
@chucky, I'm also a die hard Honda fan, but those Acura's are crap after a few years of use. You were wondering why a used Lexus is more expensive than a used Acura? It is because the mechanicals and powertrains of the Acura tend to fail very easily, they are not reliable like the Lexus. A wise man would always buy a used Lexus over an Acura. Acuras are fitted with some useless and complicated techs which make them break down easily. If u must include a tech, then try and perfect it or don't include it at all.

Just take a look at the pictures below and tell me if an Acura MDX is not CRAP compared to the RX in terms of overall quality, powertrain and features and accessories quality. Like I said earlier, the true quality of a car can only be known after a few years of use, so I am comparing 2012 and 2013 models of both cars. Everyone can see here that the MDX falls apart after 2-3 years while the RX stands its ground.

1 Like

Re: 2015 Lexus ES. Hot Or Not? by chucky234(m): 10:34pm On Dec 19, 2014
abatically:

Bros, u and I know different websites will always have different views. The true test of the build quality and reliability of a car can only be achieved after a few years of use. KBB and US news rate the RX350 ahead of the Acura. And take a look at reliability ratings of both cars.
Auto Trends, The Car connection and Edmunds are accredited car reviewers, no renowned automobile expert has ever rated RX above MDX especially in performance and tech.
MDX is so underrated bro, give it a Benz badge then it gets the recognition it deserves.
Re: 2015 Lexus ES. Hot Or Not? by abatically(m): 10:37pm On Dec 19, 2014
chucky234:
Auto Trends, The Car connection and Edmunds are accredited car reviewers, no renowned automobile expert has ever rated RX above MDX especially in performance and tech.
MDX is so underrated bro, give it a Benz badge then it gets the recognition it deserves.

Still doesn't take away the fact that acuras are crap after a few years of use.
Re: 2015 Lexus ES. Hot Or Not? by chucky234(m): 10:44pm On Dec 19, 2014
abatically:
@chucky, I'm also a die hard Honda fan, but those Acura's are crap after a few years of use. You were wondering why a used Lexus is more expensive than a used Acura? It is because the mechanicals and powertrains of the Acura tend to fail very easily, they are not reliable like the Lexus. A wise man would always buy a used Lexus over an Acura. Acuras are fitted with some useless and complicated techs which make them break down easily. If u must include a tech, then try and perfect it or don't include it at all.

Just take a look at the pictures below and tell me if an Acura MDX is not CRAP compared to the RX in terms of overall quality, powertrain and features and accessories quality. Like I said earlier, the true quality of a car can only be known after a few years of use, so I am comparing 2012 and 2013 models of both cars. Everyone can see here that the MDX falls apart after 2-3 years while the RX stands its ground.
Well I'm not a Honda fan let alone a diehard one, I say things the way I see them, even in Japan they know that Honda is the king and pacesetter.
All Acura cars comes with Honda's 5 star reliability and durability tag, whoever draft that crap to convince you that MDX will park up in 2 - 3 years is nothing but a skilled crafty LIAR.
Re: 2015 Lexus ES. Hot Or Not? by abatically(m): 10:58pm On Dec 19, 2014
chucky234:
Well I'm not a Honda fan let alone a diehard one, I say things the way I see them, even in Japan they know that Honda is the king and pacesetter.
All Acura cars comes with Honda's 5 star reliability and durability tag, whoever draft that crap to convince you that MDX will park up in 2 - 3 years is nothing but a skilled crafty LIAR.

Well I currently drive a Honda and I love it. I have driven the MDX and rx350 and I can tell u the rx350 is a better all round car. The MDX is just trying too hard to be what it is not.
Re: 2015 Lexus ES. Hot Or Not? by chucky234(m): 11:12pm On Dec 19, 2014
abatically:

Well I currently drive a Honda and I love it. I have driven the MDX and rx350 and I can tell u the rx350 is a better all round car. The MDX is just trying too hard to be what it is not.
MDX trying too hard ?
Dont make me laugh bro....
Re: 2015 Lexus ES. Hot Or Not? by Fulaman198(m): 11:30pm On Dec 19, 2014
chucky234:

Different sites say different things. To each their own respective opinion. I have seen quite the opposite on other sites. Let's be fair. Some sites will heavily favour Honda whilst some will heavily favour Toyota. Consumer Reports, an American magazine doesn't necessarily favour either or but Camry is ranked as their number one car in that segment of mid-sized family sedans.
Re: 2015 Lexus ES. Hot Or Not? by Nobody: 6:37am On Dec 20, 2014
chucky234:

That's untrue, Toyota is ahead of Honda even in Japan. Do your research. I use to make that error before but I had to do a little research. After Toyota, GM comes in as the second biggest car manufacturer. Toyota sells more than Honda even in Japan.

Toyota 1, Nissan 2, Honda 3.

Source: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Three_(automobile_manufacturers)

1 Like

Re: 2015 Lexus ES. Hot Or Not? by chucky234(m): 6:59am On Dec 20, 2014
lomomike:

That's untrue, Toyota is ahead of Honda even in Japan. Do your research. I use to make that error before but I had to do a little research. After Toyota, GM comes in as the second biggest car manufacturer. Toyota sells more than Honda even in Japan.

Toyota 1, Nissan 2, Honda 3.

Source: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Three_(automobile_manufacturers)
Bro saying Toyota is the biggest because of high sales volume is like saying Camry being the best selling midsized sedan is the best in the world.
Toyota set up Lexus after seeing the success of Honda's Acura, Honda Legend was and still the prefered full sized sedan in Japan. Legend won Japan's car of the year award for 5 straight years and prefered by govt officials, Honda was the first to use V technology when the i-Vtec engines was launched and Toyota got expo from them to build their VVT-i engines.
By volume Toyota is the biggest car manufacturer in Japan, but Honda is the undisputed king in build quality,comfort,luxury and design.
The only Toyota cars worthy of driving are the ones build for North American market, the ones built for Asian and European markets are craps, my friend's brand new 2008 Corolla he bought from Elizade Motors' Toyota Place has since parked up.

2 Likes

Re: 2015 Lexus ES. Hot Or Not? by Nobody: 7:25am On Dec 20, 2014
chucky234:
Bro saying Toyota is the biggest because of sales volume is like saying Camry being the best selling midsized sedan is the best in the world.
Toyota set up Lexus after seeing the success of Honda's Acura, Honda Legend was and still the prefered full sized sedan. Legend won Japan's car of the year award for 5 straight years and prefered by govt officials, Honda was the first to use V technology they launched their i-Vtec engines and Toyota got expo from them to build their VVT-i engines.
By volume Toyota is the biggest car manufacturer in Japan, but Honda is the undisputed king in build quality and design.
The only Toyota cars worthy of driving the ones build for North American market, the ones built for Asian and European markets are craps, my friend's brand 2008 Corolla he bought from Elizade Motors' Toyota Place has since parked up.

Your friend junked his corolla, he shouldnt be using a 2008 car if he could do such. Its no fault of Toyota rather his fault. Ask him what does he use when servicing his Toyota or what does he do to his Toyota. 2003-2012 corolla are one of the best corollas.

Toyota for American and Canadian markets are mass produced with minimalist option. Toyota in Asia and Europe are almost luxury standard if not luxury standard. Asian models have more gadgets, more premium materials, american markets are targetted as cheap taxi usage. I've seen Indian market CAMRY altis 2005 with front and rear parking sensors and navigation and HID lamps. Their headlamp are different from the normal big for nothing CAMRY american spec.
Even the 2007-2012 toyota CAMRY sold in middle east is more luxurious than the mass produced stripped out versions sold in america.

Fulaman198 knows much more about their differences.

2 Likes

Re: 2015 Lexus ES. Hot Or Not? by chucky234(m): 7:39am On Dec 20, 2014
lomomike:

Your friend junked his corolla, he shouldnt be using a 2008 car if he could do such. Its no fault of Toyota rather his fault. Ask him what does he use when servicing his Toyota or what does he do to his Toyota. 2003-2012 corolla are one of the best corollas.

Toyota for American and Canadian markets are mass produced with minimalist option. Toyota in Asia and Europe are almost luxury standard if not luxury standard. Asian models have more gadgets, more premium materials, american markets are targetted as cheap taxi usage. I've seen Indian market CAMRY altis 2005 with front and rear parking sensors and navigation and HID lamps. Their headlamp are different from the normal big for nothing CAMRY american spec.
Even the 2007-2012 toyota CAMRY sold in middle east is more luxurious than the mass produced stripped out versions sold in america.

Fulaman198 knows much more about their differences.
Mike Mike Mike Corolla is not your thing and I dont expect you to know much about what happen inbetween , my friend is a chronic lover of good cars and pay close attention to his cars. First dashboard of the Corolla started cracking after just 18 months followed by the clips holding the fenders to the bumper falling off while in top speed.
If you think the Corolla in Asia and Europe are luxury standard then take a closer look at those Corolla cars driven by banks after 2 - 3 years of purchase, except you want me to believe that banks also junk their cars.
The European model popularly know as Bank Type is the worst of them all, bland and souless.
Re: 2015 Lexus ES. Hot Or Not? by Nobody: 8:15am On Dec 20, 2014
chucky234:
Mike Mike Mike Corolla is not your thing and I dont expect you to know much about what happen inbetween , my friend is a chronic lover of good cars and pay close attention to his cars. First dashboard of the Corolla started cracking after just 18 months followed by the clips holding the fenders to the bumper falling off while in top speed.
If you think the Corolla in Asia and Europe are luxury standard then take a closer look at those Corolla cars driven by banks after 2 - 3 years of purchase, except you want me to believe that banks also junk their cars.
The European model popularly know as Bank Type is the worst of them all, bland and souless.

Euro Corolla is different from American and Middle east and Asian corolla. Go check corolla Altis Gli.

1 Like

Re: 2015 Lexus ES. Hot Or Not? by chucky234(m): 8:25am On Dec 20, 2014
lomomike:

Euro Corolla is different from American and Middle east and Asian corolla. Go check corolla Altis Gli.
Different but built by same company.
Re: 2015 Lexus ES. Hot Or Not? by abatically(m): 8:43am On Dec 20, 2014
chucky234:
Different but built by same company.

What u fail to understand is american Toyota's are strimmed down to accomodate the Lexus as the luxury brand. In Asia they don't have Lexus so more details are paid to Toyota to make it luxurious. Search for Toyota aristo, Toyota Alphard and Toyota crown. These are Toyota's sold in Asia. Or and lest I forget, I rented a Toyota mark x in Malaysia and oh my that car is something else, 4wd and I asked myself why they didn't sell this car outside Asia.

1&2 Toyota Mark X
3&4 Toyota crown

1 Like

Re: 2015 Lexus ES. Hot Or Not? by chucky234(m): 2:12pm On Dec 20, 2014
abatically:

What u fail to understand is american Toyota's are strimmed down to accomodate the Lexus as the luxury brand. In Asia they don't have Lexus so more details are paid to Toyota to make it luxurious. Search for Toyota aristo, Toyota Alphard and Toyota crown. These are Toyota's sold in Asia. Or and lest I forget, I rented a Toyota mark x in Malaysia and oh my that car is something else, 4wd and I asked myself why they didn't sell this car outside Asia.

1&2 Toyota Mark X
3&4 Toyota crown
I have driven a Mark II, nothing special about Mark and Crown.
http://www.otada.com/compare.php?car1=7708&car2=173504
Re: 2015 Lexus ES. Hot Or Not? by Nobody: 2:34pm On Dec 20, 2014
chucky234:

Huh?? Nothing special about it.....? I give up mehn. sad

2 Likes

Re: 2015 Lexus ES. Hot Or Not? by abatically(m): 3:56pm On Dec 20, 2014
chucky234:

Mark II is not the same as mark X

1 Like

Re: 2015 Lexus ES. Hot Or Not? by chucky234(m): 4:13pm On Dec 20, 2014
lomomike:

Nothing special
Re: 2015 Lexus ES. Hot Or Not? by Fulaman198(m): 7:27pm On Dec 20, 2014
This thread is really funny. In Asia and the Middle East (which is also a part of Asia), the Camry is considered an upscale car. It has electronic folding mirrors, HID headlamps, leather and much more wood trim than the XLE Camry sold in North America.

The American Camry on the highest end model (XSE and XLE) fully loaded are finally catching up. Those models are coming equipped with LED headlamps and built-in Wireless QI smartphone chargers in their tech packages. They still don't have the electronic folding mirrors that the Asian Camry has had for a decade.
Re: 2015 Lexus ES. Hot Or Not? by chucky234(m): 10:50pm On Dec 20, 2014
Fulaman198:
This thread is really funny. In Asia and the Middle East (which is also a part of Asia), the Camry is considered an upscale car. It has electronic folding mirrors, HID headlamps, leather and much more wood trim than the XLE Camry sold in North America.

The American Camry on the highest end model (XSE and XLE) fully loaded are finally catching up. Those models are coming equipped with LED headlamps and built-in Wireless QI smartphone chargers in their tech packages. They still don't have the electronic folding mirrors that the Asian Camry has had for a decade.
lol @Middle East
maybe he was referring to Camry sold in the UAE.
Re: 2015 Lexus ES. Hot Or Not? by chucky234(m): 11:02pm On Dec 20, 2014
abatically:

Mark II is not the same as mark X
Still nothing special, the Royal Crown which has similar build to the Cressida got nothing royalty about it,RR is still number one choice for royal families.
Re: 2015 Lexus ES. Hot Or Not? by chucky234(m): 11:29pm On Dec 20, 2014
lomomike:

Like I said there is nothing special about them, Mark X is still not a better car than the Honda Avancier , Royal Crown got nothing royalty about it, RR is still the number one royal choice.
Royal Crown is marketed in the US/Canada as Lexus GS, still behind Honda Legend
Re: 2015 Lexus ES. Hot Or Not? by Nobody: 12:19am On Dec 21, 2014
chucky234:
Like I said there is nothing special about them, Mark X is still not a better car than the Honda Avancier , Royal Crown got nothing royalty about it, RR is still the number one royal choice.

Huh?? undecided lipsrsealed
Re: 2015 Lexus ES. Hot Or Not? by abatically(m): 12:48am On Dec 21, 2014
chucky234:

It is very obvious u have something against Toyota. Lexus GS is marketed in Japan as Toyota aristo and not crown

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Keep Your Tyres And Wheels In Good Condition / Honda Goes Into Robots, To Introduce 3E Robotics Concept At CES 2018 / How To Confirm The Genuineness Of Your Tinted Glass Permit And How To Get One

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.