Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,682 members, 7,813,267 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:56 AM

Thierry Henry Vs Didier Drogba, Who Is Better & Had More Success? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Thierry Henry Vs Didier Drogba, Who Is Better & Had More Success? (21794 Views)

Amara & Kanu Nwankwo With Thierry Henry (Photo) / Between Eto'o And Drogba Who Has Made Africa Proud More? / Samuel Eto Or Didier Drogba,who Is The Better Finisher? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thierry Henry Vs Didier Drogba, Who Is Better & Had More Success? by dotcomnamename: 9:50am On Dec 17, 2014
Henry vs Drogba

Who Is better player?

Who had more success?

Who is the greatest?

Who's more famous?

1 Share

Re: Thierry Henry Vs Didier Drogba, Who Is Better & Had More Success? by webincomeplus(m): 10:21am On Dec 17, 2014
Henry was far better. Only haters would dispute that!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thierry Henry Vs Didier Drogba, Who Is Better & Had More Success? by Ezedon(m): 10:23am On Dec 17, 2014
Drogba still have the chance to create more record, and he is more successful than Henry

1 Like

Re: Thierry Henry Vs Didier Drogba, Who Is Better & Had More Success? by CzarRex: 10:51am On Dec 17, 2014
A summary of Henry's individual awards is as
follows:
UNFP Ligue 1 Young Player of the Year (1):
1996–97
PFA Players' Player of the Year (2): 2002–
03, 2003–04
PFA Team of the Year (6): 2000–01 , 2001–
02, 2002–03 , 2003–04 , 2004–05 , 2005–06
FWA Footballer of the Year (3): 2002–03 ,
2003–04 , 2005–06
Premier League Golden Boot (4): 2001–02 ,
2003–04 , 2004–05 , 2005–06 .
Golden Boot Landmark Award 10 (1): 2004–
Golden Boot Landmark Award 20 (1): 2004–
Premier League Player of the Month (4):
April 2000, September 2002, January 2004,
April 2004
Goal of the Season (1): 2002–03
UEFA Team of the Year (5): 2001, 2002,
2003, 2004, 2006
MLS Best XI (3): 2011, 2012, 2014
MLS Player of the Month (1): March 2012
Best MLS Player ESPY Award (1): 2013
MLS All-Star (4): 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
Onze d'Or (2): 2003, 2006
European Golden Boot (2): 2003–04, 2004–
French Player of the Year (5): 2000, 2003,
2004, 2005, 2006
IFFHS World's Top Goal Scorer of the Year
(1): 2003
FIFA FIFPro World XI (1): 2006
FIFA World Cup All-Star Team (1): Germany
FIFA Confederations Cup Golden Ball (1):
France 2003
FIFA Confederations Cup Golden Shoe (1):
France 2003
UEFA European Football Championship
Team of the Tournament (1): 2000
FIFA 100 : 2004
Time 100 Heroes & Pioneers no.16 : 2007
English Football Hall of Fame : 2008
Premier League 10 Seasons Awards (1992–
93 – 2001–02 )
Overseas Team of the Decade
Premier League 20 Seasons Awards
Fantasy Team (Panel choice)
Fantasy Team (Public choice)
Légion d'Honneur : 1998

4 Likes

Re: Thierry Henry Vs Didier Drogba, Who Is Better & Had More Success? by CzarRex: 11:08am On Dec 17, 2014
henry's Awards and honours
Club
Monaco
Ligue 1 (1): 1996–97
Trophée des champions (1): 1997

Arsenal
Henry won two Premier
League titles and three FA
Cups with Arsenal
Premier League (2): 2001–02 , 2003–04
FA Cup (3): 2002, 2003, 2005
FA Community Shield (2): 2002, 2004

Barcelona
La Liga (2): 2008–09 , 2009–10
Copa del Rey (1): 2008–09
Supercopa de España (1): 2009
UEFA Champions League (1): 2008–09
UEFA Super Cup (1): 2009
FIFA Club World Cup (1): 2009
New York Red Bulls
MLS Supporters' Shield (1): 2013
MLS Eastern Conference (2): 2010, 2013

National
France
FIFA World Cup
Winner: France 1998
Runners-up : Germany 2006
UEFA European Football Championship
Winner: Belgium & Netherlands 2000
FIFA Confederations Cup
Winner: France 2003
King Hassan II International Cup
Tournament
Winner: Morocco 2000
Re: Thierry Henry Vs Didier Drogba, Who Is Better & Had More Success? by cr7lomo: 11:59am On Dec 17, 2014
How dare u compare them both , them be mate ? Thierry was nominated for world player 2ice in a row and came second on both occasion . He has over 200 career league goals , golden boot 4 times , European golden boot . Drogba no near this one abeg . All these Chelsea fans sef , them no de gree

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thierry Henry Vs Didier Drogba, Who Is Better & Had More Success? by webincomeplus(m): 12:33pm On Dec 17, 2014
Ezedon:
Drogba still have the chance to create more record, and he is more successful than Henry
Maybe in another world. Leave chance, Henry remains far, far ahead of him. Probably you didn't watch Henry during his hottest playing days. If you didn't know much about him, read his Wikipedia page, and it'll blow your mind.

Wait, can't you even see the records listed on Henry's first pic? Na beans?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thierry Henry Vs Didier Drogba, Who Is Better & Had More Success? by omar22(m): 3:38pm On Dec 17, 2014
Drogba is a complete striker

Henry is one dimensional

Can you name an important game Henry scored in like a Semi or final of the CL, or final of the FA cup, his achievement with France well he should thank the likes of Zidane, Djorkaef, Deschamp etc. more like riding on the wave of that moment, when they all retired before the 2006 world cup, France nearly dropped but begged Zidane to come out of retirement who save the day and saved the tournament for France but for Arsenal the only thing Henry could right home about is the Premier League, But Drogba against the best teams in Europe will score!

Actually if you ask the question who does the defender fear most Drogba or Henry

2 Likes

Re: Thierry Henry Vs Didier Drogba, Who Is Better & Had More Success? by yomskin(m): 4:21pm On Dec 17, 2014
I will pick henry. Based on achievements and positional play
Drogba only plays center forward. Henry plays any role forward either wing or center.

My 2kobo choice

1 Like

Re: Thierry Henry Vs Didier Drogba, Who Is Better & Had More Success? by yomskin(m): 4:23pm On Dec 17, 2014
Ezedon:

He isn't more successful . or wats your scale in terms. Of success. Which Eva way. Henry tidy drogba hands down
Re: Thierry Henry Vs Didier Drogba, Who Is Better & Had More Success? by Nobody: 4:49pm On Dec 17, 2014
Y people dey open dis kind threads eh?undecided
Wen u already no d ansaundecided
Re: Thierry Henry Vs Didier Drogba, Who Is Better & Had More Success? by BrokenTV: 5:43pm On Dec 17, 2014
This thread is an insult to the legend himself Thiery Henry to be compared with Didier Drogba. Had it been Henry and Eto'o it would have been better.
Re: Thierry Henry Vs Didier Drogba, Who Is Better & Had More Success? by stabillo(m): 7:03pm On Dec 17, 2014
Check the sanity of anybody that compares Henry with Drogba. I'm a united fan anyway

1 Like

Re: Thierry Henry Vs Didier Drogba, Who Is Better & Had More Success? by webincomeplus(m): 7:19pm On Dec 17, 2014
omar22:
Drogba is a complete striker

Henry is one dimensional

Can you man an important game Henry scored in like a Semi or final of the CL, or final of the FA cup, his achievement with France well he should thank the likes of Zidane, Djorkaef, Deschamp etc. more like riding on the wave of that moment, when they all retired before the 2006 world cup, France nearly dropped but begged Zidane to come out of retirement who save the day and saved the tournament for France but for Arsenal the only thing Henry could right home about is the Premier League, But Drogba against the best teams in Europe will score!

Actually if you ask the question who does the defender fear most Drogba or Henry
Just read other comments and you'll see that Na only you Waka come. Saying Drogba is better than Henry is an insult to Henry. It's either you're a die hard Drogba fan who can even claim he's better than Messi or you never watched Henry play. The fact that you said Henry is one dimensional makes me doubt if you saw him play at all.

Do you know better than FIFA and UEFA, and those who vote for outstanding players?

Abeg find someone else to compare your Drogba with.

No doubt, Drogba is a great player, I respect him, just as I love Chelsea. But let's just face the truth here!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thierry Henry Vs Didier Drogba, Who Is Better & Had More Success? by Afrok(m): 2:27am On Dec 18, 2014
Hehe... Yeye dey smell... Ask Drogba this same question if he won't personally tell U that Henry is one of the greatest strikers / players and he (Henry) is ahead of him. Moreover, why do we have statistics? The stats speaks volume johr. Both are successful, but Henry is more successful.
Re: Thierry Henry Vs Didier Drogba, Who Is Better & Had More Success? by azimibraun: 4:22am On Dec 18, 2014
Hw long did it take henry to get to the level you all started seeing him as exceptional, I respect him so much but can someone correct me if I am wrong, did frank lampard not just equalled his record a few days back in terms of goal scoring? Yet lampard was not built for goals he ws to create chances"assist" a midfielder. Henry in arsenal was treated like messi and Ronaldo. Am waiting to hear the midfielder that. Will equal messi or ronaldos record in 2000yrs in goal scoring. Henry did well for himself, club and country. Drogba with all the odds against him and starting late at the highest level. Did great for himself aswell for his country and clubs. Both are great players but drogbas story will interest ppl more. He had a shorter time than henry and achieved almost the same real and I mean real achievements. Only the world cup separates them and to be honest Drogba is from ivory coast and henry from France. You guys knw the rest.

1 Like

Re: Thierry Henry Vs Didier Drogba, Who Is Better & Had More Success? by azimibraun: 4:37am On Dec 18, 2014
Don't even bother comparing them enjoy their stories and watch their old clips and be happy with yourself. I hope tomorrow all the good work aguero is doing in city will not be rubbished because somebody wants to compare him with Cronaldo? Henry did his job and Drogba did his. But since we all have sentiments, I will say it ws Drogba who was not afraid to enter into a territory controlled by henry and ended up conquering the territory and chasing king henry out. Just like c Ronaldo ws not afraid of entering into lionel's jungle conquerd but has not chased messi away yet. I don't knw if he will eve do dat, but in laliga there are 2captains in a boat. Drogba challenged henry as mourinho challenged 2 gods wenger and fergie. Drogba crowned it all up by stayin with chelsea to win the UCL for chelsea in bayern munichs backyard against bayern munich. Exceptional. It was drogbas champions League, henry's own barca's champions leaugue.

1 Like

Re: Thierry Henry Vs Didier Drogba, Who Is Better & Had More Success? by coded01: 6:37am On Dec 18, 2014
Una don start again? grin

I respect Drogba oh but comparing Henry to him is like comparing a first class student to a 2:1 or 2:2 student... angry
Re: Thierry Henry Vs Didier Drogba, Who Is Better & Had More Success? by Tval(m): 7:09am On Dec 18, 2014
cr7lomo:
How dare u compare them both , them be mate ? Thierry was nominated for world player 2ice in a row and came second on both occasion . He has over 200 career league goals , golden boot 4 times , European golden boot . Drogba no near this one abeg . All these Chelsea fans sef , them no de gree
you be mumu ni undecided.. u knw no say d guy wey dey comparison na assnal fan.
Re: Thierry Henry Vs Didier Drogba, Who Is Better & Had More Success? by webincomeplus(m): 9:31am On Dec 18, 2014
I
azimibraun:
Hw long did it take henry to get to the level you all started seeing him as exceptional, I respect him so much but can someone correct me if I am wrong, did frank lampard not just equalled his record a few days back in terms of goal scoring? Yet lampard was not built for goals he ws to create chances"assist" a midfielder. Henry in arsenal was treated like messi and Ronaldo. Am waiting to hear the midfielder that. Will equal messi or ronaldos record in 2000yrs in goal scoring. Henry did well for himself, club and country. Drogba with all the odds against him and starting late at the highest level. Did great for himself aswell for his country and clubs. Both are great players but drogbas story will interest ppl more. He had a shorter time than henry and achieved almost the same real and I mean real achievements. Only the world cup separates them and to be honest Drogba is from ivory coast and henry from France. You guys knw the rest.

If the time it takes to achieve something really counts, then you shot yourself in the foot by bringing Lampard into the discussion. Lampard scored his 175 goals in 19 years and in just one league.

Henry scored his 175 goals within just eight years (1999-2007). In addition he scored 20 goals at Monaco before arriving at Arsenal. And after leaving Arsenal, he scored 35 goals for Barca and 51 goals for New York Red Bulls.

In all, Henry had a total of 284 club goals between the same 19 years for which Lampard has played. And mind you, he traversed multiple leagues, Serie A inclusive.

Does that shut you up?

And did I see you write that Drogba is from CIV and Henry from France. That holds no water, bro. George Weah was World's best player, European best player, and African best player in the same year. Interestingly, he never played at the world cup.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Thierry Henry Vs Didier Drogba, Who Is Better & Had More Success? by webincomeplus(m): 9:44am On Dec 18, 2014
Here's another link that is relevant to our discussion here: http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/didier-drogba-how-chelsea-legend-3256968
Re: Thierry Henry Vs Didier Drogba, Who Is Better & Had More Success? by nguvumali: 9:56am On Dec 18, 2014
Henry was great player, bad luck for him he raised up during Ronaldo De Lima , Zinnedine Zidane and Ronaldinho Era ....the presences of those three was huge shadow for him to attain even The World Best Footballer award
Re: Thierry Henry Vs Didier Drogba, Who Is Better & Had More Success? by Nobody: 10:00am On Dec 18, 2014
webincomeplus:
I
If the time it takes to achieve something really counts, then you shot yourself in the foot by bringing Lampard into the discussion. Lampard scored his 175 goals in 19 years and in just one league.
Henry scored his 175 goals within just eight years (1999-2007). In addition he scored 20 goals at Monaco before arriving at Arsenal. And after leaving Arsenal, he scored 35 goals for Barca and 51 goals for New York Red Bulls.
In all, Henry had a total of 284 club goals between the same 19 years for which Lampard has played. And mind you, he traversed multiple leagues, Serie A inclusive.
Does that shut you up?
And did I see you write that Drogba is from CIV and Henry from France. That holds no water, bro. George Weah was World's best player, European best player, and African best player in the same year. Interestingly, he never played at the world cup.

Bro don't bother yourself, most people here are just dumb as hell just because of this their fanatic problem. To me this post is useless. I'm a fan of no club, coach or player. Drogba can never I mean never be compared to Henry, he should have stayed in Shanghai Shenhua FC or Galatasaray S.K and win cups for them. Name which player on earth that has been given much accolades in different leagues like Henry in this World even Messi, Ronaldo, Pele, and Maradonna, Zidane are limited to 1-3 leagues or clubs and never achieved such glories.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thierry Henry Vs Didier Drogba, Who Is Better & Had More Success? by cr7lomo: 10:17am On Dec 18, 2014
Tval:
you be mumu ni undecided.. u knw no say d guy wey dey comparison na assnal fan.

Am a real Madrid fan and if the op is an arsenal fan , he is still way correct that Henry's career is ahead of Drogba and that's a fact

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thierry Henry Vs Didier Drogba, Who Is Better & Had More Success? by dotcomnamename: 2:36pm On Dec 18, 2014
[size=15pt]Chelsea fans, will you stop comparing Drogba with Henry now? grin grin grin grin grin

Didier Drogba will have to spend another 50 years to achieve what Henry has achieved in football career

Thierry Henry kiss

Ligue 1 ✓
Premier League ✓
La Liga ✓
League Cup ✓
Champions League ✓
World Cup ✓
Euro Cup ✓
Club World Cup ✓
Henry is a MASTER, a BOSS and a LEGEND ✓

Drogba is a LEARNER and still on his way to be a legend ;v

[/size]

4 Likes

Re: Thierry Henry Vs Didier Drogba, Who Is Better & Had More Success? by dotcomnamename: 2:40pm On Dec 18, 2014
azimibraun:
Don't even bother comparing them enjoy their stories and watch their old clips and be happy with yourself. I hope tomorrow all the good work aguero is doing in city will not be rubbished because somebody wants to compare him with Cronaldo? Henry did his job and Drogba did his. But since we all have sentiments, I will say it ws Drogba who was not afraid to enter into a territory controlled by henry and ended up conquering the territory and chasing king henry out. Just like c Ronaldo ws not afraid of entering into lionel's jungle conquerd but has not chased messi away yet. I don't knw if he will eve do dat, but in laliga there are 2captains in a boat. Drogba challenged henry as mourinho challenged 2 gods wenger and fergie. Drogba crowned it all up by stayin with chelsea to win the UCL for chelsea in bayern munichs backyard against bayern munich. Exceptional. It was drogbas champions League, henry's own barca's champions leaugue.

This is LoL, don't let the real football fans see this bro grin
Re: Thierry Henry Vs Didier Drogba, Who Is Better & Had More Success? by omar22(m): 3:11pm On Dec 18, 2014
I will say it again.....

One chance in a cup final who will score? Drogba or Henry?

(knowing that Henry missed 3 chances in the 2006 champions league final against Barcelona which would have landed Arsenal the European Cup)

Drogba scored in the 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 FA Cup finals, 2005, 2007, 2008 League cup finals, 2012 CL final

Arsenal FA 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005 (BLANK)

Because Henry was nominated for the Ballon D'or means nothing, Will you say Henry and Battistuta are in the same class? but the great Argentine was nominated for nothing..... Yes as a player Henry is better but as a striker Drogba all day long

1 Like

Re: Thierry Henry Vs Didier Drogba, Who Is Better & Had More Success? by dotcomnamename: 3:32pm On Dec 18, 2014
omar22:
I will say it again.....

One chance in a cup final who will score? Drogba or Henry?

(knowing that Henry missed 3 chances in the 2006 champions league final against Barcelona which would have landed Arsenal the European Cup)

Drogba scored in the 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 FA Cup finals, 2005, 2007, 2008 League cup finals, 2012 CL final

Arsenal FA 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005 (BLANK)

Because Henry was nominated for the Ballon D'or means nothing, Will you say Henry and Battistuta are in the same class? but the great Argentine was nominated for nothing..... Yes as a player Henry is better but as a striker Drogba all day long

Read your message again and again ''One chance in a cup final who will score? Drogba or Henry''. so scoring in cup finals is the criteria to know the best between Henry and his junior brother Drogba? Lol

Smh

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thierry Henry Vs Didier Drogba, Who Is Better & Had More Success? by omar22(m): 4:09pm On Dec 18, 2014
dotcomnamename:

Read your message again and again ''One chance in a cup final who will score? Drogba or Henry''. so scoring in cup finals is the criteria to know the best between Henry and his junior brother Drogba? Lol

Smh

Remember Jose Mourinho's comments in 2005, Henry goes missing in big games when it matters, When France relied on Zidane he delivered, when they relied on Henry France got home before the post card (he flopped)

2 Likes

Re: Thierry Henry Vs Didier Drogba, Who Is Better & Had More Success? by webincomeplus(m): 4:13pm On Dec 18, 2014
dotcomnamename:

Smh

Don't mind him. He thought players are ranked by number of goals they score in finals.

Die hard fanatics will always present ridiculous arguments. Where is goals scored in final matches used as a criteria to determine great players? Does he think a goal scored in a final is counted as 6 goals?

Haters, take it or leave it, Henry was a legend, a greater one than Drogba.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thierry Henry Vs Didier Drogba, Who Is Better & Had More Success? by webincomeplus(m): 4:15pm On Dec 18, 2014
omar22:

Remember Jose Mourinho's comments in 2005, Henry goes missing in big games when it matters, When France relied on Zidane he delivered, when they relied on Henry France got home before the post card (he flopped)

Mourinho is entitled to his own opinions. What do you expect him to say about a player from a rival team?

Abeg, leave opinions. The stats speak volume!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thierry Henry Vs Didier Drogba, Who Is Better & Had More Success? by dotcomnamename: 7:40pm On Dec 18, 2014
[quote author=omar22 post=28996472]

Remember Jose Mourinho's comments in 2005, Henry goes missing in big games when it matters, When France relied on Zidane he delivered, when they relied on Henry France got home before the post card (he flopped)[/quote

[size=15pt]Henry flopped? Why did he not go missing against Almighty Madrid at Bernabeu scoring the one and only goal that destroyed Madrid?

All this players played on that day: Real Madrid: Casillas, Salgado Robinho, Sergio, Bravo, Carlos, Beckham, Guti, Gravesen Julio Baptista, Zidane, Raul Cassano, Ronaldo.

The Jose Mourinho recently claim he missed out on Thierry Henry transfer by an inch.. Lol grin

The same MouthRinho also said: "Is he one of the all-time greats? Obviously. He's the kind of player that you need forever, especially in the Premier League where he was more than any other place."

JOSE MOURINHO: “He was okay in Barcelona and the (France) national team, but the real Thierry Henry, the player that we are all going to miss forever, is the one that made unbelievable seasons and incredible history in the Premier League”

SOURCE: ESPN, DailyStar, Goal, Metro, Independent, e.t.c

You have no point bro...

Henry is a MASTER-LEGEND, Drogba is still a learner on his way to be a legend, Drogba won't argue this anyway! grin[/size]

5 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Thompson Oliha Is Dead (Ex-Super Eagles Midfielder) / Victor Anichebe Celebrates His 31st Birthday / Russia: 15 Facts About The 2018 FIFA World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.