Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,326 members, 7,829,832 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] (55420 Views)

Message From Professor Yemi Osinbajo / Prof Yemi Osinbajo Live On Channels Tv Politics Today / BREAKING: Osinbajo Emerges As Buhari VP - DailyTimes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by iamord(m): 11:26am On Dec 17, 2014
Does the osinbanjo have any Connection with redeem church?
Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by olyg: 11:26am On Dec 17, 2014
PRAISE THE ALMIGHTY GOD.AH THANK GOD THAT BUHARI MADE A RIGHT CHOICE.I HAVE SAI IF IT IS NOT BUHARI/FASHOLA,BUHARI/OKOROCHA THEN IT SHOULD BR BUHARI/OSIINBAJO, NIGERIAN THE CHANGE WE WANT IS HERE.KNOCKING AT OUR DOOR.WE MUST NOT LOOSE TIS OPPORTUNITY AGAIN.IF WE LET THIS OPPORTUNITY GO THE UNBORN GENERATION WE NOT FORGIVE US,THIS IS THE TIME FOR CHANGE CHANGE CHANGE.CHANGE MUST COME.LET THE CAMPAIGN BEGINS,BUHARI /OSINBAJO TILL 2019.CHANGE.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by Lyoncrescent: 11:27am On Dec 17, 2014
PassingShot:

I appreciate your thinking but winning the SW with Osinbajo is much more easier now than in 2011. In 2011, Buhari did not have the support of Tinubu, Fashola and all other APC politicians which he now enjoys. I am very sure that Osinbajo was nominated by Tinubu after Buhari rejected him for the slot. So, Tinubu and the rest APC governors will surely deliver the votes.

Going SS would have been much more difficult to sell to the Yorubas because the ticket does not guarantee them the presidency even in the next eight years especially when they have been marginalized by GEJ for the past six years. So, how do you convince them to troop out on election day?

All in all, I see this choice as the best option to defeat PDP.

Your arguement is solid. But if they win 5 states in the southwest controlled by APC and the 12 states in the North won by buhari in the 2011 elections, that would make 17 states unless of course ondo and ekiti come on board making it 19 states. Only then will the selection of Osinbajo be a master stroke.

I understand where you are coming from.
Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by Orikinla(m): 11:27am On Dec 17, 2014
“Nigeria Would Have Collapsed Long Ago Without the Power Bloc of the Yorubas” By Ekenyerengozi Michael Chima

Nigeria Would Have Collapsed Long Ago Without the Power Bloc of the Yorubas By Ekenyerengozi Michael Chima New York[RR] Abuja–Chief Ọbáfẹ́mi Jeremiah Awólọ́wọ̀, GCFR (March 6, 1909 – May 9, 1987) remains the greatest Nigerian political leader since the Amalgamation of Northern Nigeria and Southern Nigeria in January 1914 and no wonder the Lion of […]
http://republicreporters.com/nigeria-would-have-collapsed-long-ago-without-the-power-bloc-of-the-yorubas-by-ekenyerengozi-michael-chima/
Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by Walelavender(m): 11:27am On Dec 17, 2014
Rookie or no rookie, Osinbajo is a Nigerian, thorough bred professional with track record of achievement in his chosen career. The 'Popular' today were 'rookies' yesterday. Let's just have the round peg in the round hole, with definite plans to deliver truly the dividends of democracy and wish the party the best in its quest to unseat the ruling party. #God save Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by xtremrules(m): 11:28am On Dec 17, 2014
iGeneral:
Four things about this choice:

1. Place Oshibajo beside sambo and let them debate on any issue, we know who will win

2. With Oshibajo on the ticket, GEJ can't go to Adeboye to commit that kneeling down fraud he committed in 2011 which he used to cream RCCG members vote. So GEJ lost a block vote there cos there's an homeboy as VP.

3.Oshibajo will certainly win his Polling unit, ward, local govt and state. Unlike Sambo who walks like a duck and is notorious for losing even in his nuclear family. Sambo doesn't bring any electoral value to the GEJ ticket.

4. It follows therefore that this coming election is more about the prez candidates than any VP. And on this note most people agreed GEJ has made a mess of our nation and can't be allowed to continue on that trajectory.

And finally, if GMB had chosen Amaechi, PDP goons will say he is corrupt and a traitor. If he had chosen Oshiomole, they will bring up the issue of'go and die' for the campaign. If he chose Fayemi, they will say the man who was rejected for 2nd term by his own people. So it is good GMB went for a man without baggage.
lol "even his nuclear family" but seriously although am Ibo, i will want GMB to win this election, man need new air

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by naijatruth: 11:28am On Dec 17, 2014
courage54:
APC are so bless with great personalities, Professor Osinbajo is a man of repute and he will be an asset to the development of this nation.

For God so loved Nigeria that he spared the life of Gen. Buhari till 2015, that who so ever desires progress and Votes for him may not regret but experience the true meaning of leadership where security, food, employment, zero corruption, transparency and infrastructural development prevails.
The number one problem facing Nigeria today is corruption! Fix corruption, and you fix Nigeria. Jonathan has only encouraged and promoted corruption. The ONLY person that is fearless and would ruthlessly cleans this country is Gmmadu Buhari... Those who hate him have no idea why they do...he remains the most incorruptible ... Fearless... Patriotic and principled leadership figure remaining in Nigeria today. Nigeria may not be able to have the likes of Buhari in another 50years time.
Is only a fool that will continue to do things the same way and expect a different result, So Let's Make The Right Choice.

God Bless Nigeria
God Bless Niger-Delta
Sai Buhari

Before You criticise me am also a christian but I must not let my religion clown my sense of reasoning.
Your conscience have started judging you even as NO one cares about your region and religion. Niger Delta and Christianity dey hungry you. chai...sorry oooooo! U need repentance. Gej till 2019

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by arsetalks(m): 11:28am On Dec 17, 2014
It is a good thing that he has picked someone from the SW however, I do not think the election will be won in the SW. I strongly believe the election will be LOST in the NE. The sincere truth is that the shoeless man knows Buhari has a good chance of swaying all the votes in the SW and NE hence he has allowed the unrest in the NE to linger on.

How on earth will you expect people to come out and vote in the NE with so much unrest in that region? People will not come out for the fear of the loss of their lives and rightly so.

I just hope a miracle happens and those in the NE behave like a wounded lion/a fallen man who fears no fall and come out enmass to exercise their franchise.

PassingShot:
Be it Osinbajo, Oshiomole or Amaechi, it's a sure success.

Modified*

Congrats to you GMB for sticking with someone from the SW where the election will be decided.

In 2011, Buhari did not have the support of Tinubu, Fashola and all other APC politicians which he now enjoys. I am very sure that Osinbajo was nominated by Tinubu after Buhari rejected him for the slot. So, Tinubu and the rest APC governors will surely deliver the votes.

Going SS would have been much more difficult to sell to the Yorubas because the ticket does not guarantee them the presidency even in the next eight years especially when they have been marginalized by GEJ for the past six years. So, how do you convince them to troop out on election day?

All in all, I see this choice as the best option to defeat PDP.

PDP/GEJ now be like " ... shitting in their pants"

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by tola9ja: 11:29am On Dec 17, 2014
If he had chosen a sitting governor, PDP would have extracted dirty secrets which dey will definitely find to blackmail dem like dey have being blackmailing buhari.
Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by PassingShot(m): 11:30am On Dec 17, 2014
safarigirl:
where was the South West when Bakare was Ribadu's running mate? Is this the first time a S/Westerner is running mate? If you keep playing this regionalism card, even those who wanted to vote Buhari in SE/SS will change their minds and as usual APC with their North/South-West ticket will lose to the otuoke fisherman who only has SS/SE to back him up. Stop being ignorant ejo

Not like that sister! Politics is a game of number and we have to factor that in if we must remove PDP cabal.

In 2011, Buhari did not have the support of Tinubu, Fashola and all other APC politicians which he now enjoys. I am very sure that Osinbajo was nominated by Tinubu after Buhari rejected him for the slot. So, Tinubu and the rest APC governors will surely deliver the votes.

Going SS would have been much more difficult to sell to the Yorubas because the ticket does not guarantee them the presidency even in the next eight years especially when they have been marginalized by GEJ for the past six years. So, how do you convince them to troop out on election day? And giving Amaechi/Oshiomole or Rochas does not guarantee the needed votes.

Once the election is won, Amaechi and other SS's APC guys will have their own dues?

An Amaechi as the Petroleum Minister won't be a bad idea for example.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by safarigirl(f): 11:30am On Dec 17, 2014
austinvsb1:

Osibanjo is pastor adeboye's right hand man..thats who.. You ll be suprised how the religion blame game the pdp started will so work against them now that a senior pastor from the largest christain body in the nigeria seeks office.
lol, my brother stop peddling falsehood. RCCG MAY be the largest Protestant body in Nigeria, but the Catholic church is by far the largest Christian body in Nigeria. Don't gerrit twisted

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by mentorandfriend(m): 11:31am On Dec 17, 2014
Nobody else could have been better. Prof Osinbajo is a legal luminary, an authority in criminal jurispundence, an avid crusader against corruption and class categories, a man with peerless intelligence, being spiritually fathered by Pastor EA Adeboye of RCCG where he is also a senior pastor. I'm sure he has the permission and strong backing of his father in the faith before he took this up. I even doubt Amaechi's ability to deliver bloc votes of River state alone, not to talk of all of south south, so he should chill. His party made a wise decision. The best he can do is to campaign avidly for APC to win or else, his polictical career is finished if PDP wins. At least with Prof now, south west, north east, and northwest are locked down now, which all together have about 42 million of the about 80 million registered and accredited voters. 2015 election is not gonna be an easy ride for PDP nor APC. Thats what we've been praying for na.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by OrlandoOwoh(m): 11:32am On Dec 17, 2014
The number of vote Yemi Osibanjo, a pastor in the RCCG, will bring from the church alone will be enormous.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by angelsing(m): 11:32am On Dec 17, 2014
Sijo01:

In a bid to be ftc, see the zig zag you called comment.
hahahahahah...funny!
Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by Nobody: 11:32am On Dec 17, 2014
iamord:
Does the osinbanjo have any Connection with redeem church?
Yes he's a Redeem church pastor
Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by Nobody: 11:33am On Dec 17, 2014
PDP is very very interested in who APC makes their VP, what is this obsession about?
Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by D9ty7(m): 11:34am On Dec 17, 2014
courage54:
Nigeria may not be able to have the likes of Buhari in another 50years time.
Are you sure? What gives you the impression that you can not be even 50times better that Buhari?
Hope for Nigeria? If a youth could say this, then I wonder where Nigeria is going.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by iamord(m): 11:34am On Dec 17, 2014
adisasegun:
Yes he's a Redeem church pastor
okay! Noted
Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by safarigirl(f): 11:35am On Dec 17, 2014
PassingShot:

Not like that sister! Politics is a game of number and we have to factor that in if we must remove PDP cabal.

Going SS would have been much more difficult to sell to the Yorubas because the ticket does not guarantee them the presidency even in the next eight years especially when they have been marginalized by GEJ for the past six years. So, how do you convince them to troop out on election day? And giving Amaechi/Oshiomole or Rochas does not guarantee the needed votes.

Once the election is won, Amaechi and other SS's APC guys will have their own dues?

An Amaechi as the Petroleum Minister won't be a bad idea for example.
who exactly is Osinbajo? Fashola was by far a better option. Forget bigots, the SS/SE would've voted the popular Muslim Fashola over the relatively unknown Christian Osinbajo. The only thing that may push this fellow is that he has close ties to Adeboye....even at that sef....anyway anybody is better than non-existent, slightly r3t@rded Sambo

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by tola9ja: 11:35am On Dec 17, 2014
Nigerians are currently ruled by five president
president patient jonathan
president ngozi okonjo iweala
president Alison madueke
president Stella odua
the last president is the most clueless among them

oya

guess guess guess
Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by mazzi: 11:35am On Dec 17, 2014
ikwubaba:
Great news. A professor this time and vast in criminal jurisprudence wording hand in glove with an anti-corruption crusader. Choi!!!!! bad people go scale fence comot from Niaja o!!!

So loving this thin ehn?

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! making front page for the first time.
but he couldn't stop tinubu from stealing lagos state to death when he was authorney general.
Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by PassingShot(m): 11:37am On Dec 17, 2014
arsetalks:
It is a good thing that he has picked someone from the SW however, I do not think the election will be won in the SW. I strongly believe the election will be LOST in the NE. The sincere truth is that the shoeless man knows Buhari has a good chance of swaying all the votes in the SW and NE hence he has allowed the unrest in the NE to linger on.

How on earth will you expect people to come out and vote in the NE with so much unrest in that region? People will not come out for the fear of the loss of their lives and rightly so.

I just hope a miracle happens and those in the NE behave like a wounded lion/a fallen man who fears no fall and come out enmass to exercise their franchise.

You're correct but I still believe that sticking in the SW is the best option.

SS/SE is locked down for PDP/GEJ. Even if the VP slot is given to them, APC is not guaranteed 30% of the votes. This is incontrovertible.
Add that to the NC and the chance that they can make an incursion into the SW who will not be too keen to vote Buhar/SS and you have them winning another landslide so to say.

As things are now, with vigorous campaign in the SS, 20% of the votes is enough once North and SW are in the kitty.
Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by donmalcolm21(m): 11:37am On Dec 17, 2014
austinvsb1:

God punish the lives of those that try to bad-mouth my pastor..
mumu, which parish does that so called Tinubu MOG pastors
Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by fanex: 11:37am On Dec 17, 2014
In as much as i want GEJ to lose the election, i also NEED him to win to ensure the continuity of one Nigeria. Nigeria as we know it, is in a delicate balance. The power must remain with South-South for a little while longer for their satisfaction after which they will never taste it again for good reasons.

Thankfully, Buhari has again chosen a weak running mate and as such learnt nothing from his loss in the last election. i am absolutely chuffed for Nigeria. Assuming he had chosen a strong personality like fashola,amechi, okorocha(to split GEJ vote in the East) or oshomole the contest would have been indeed close and therefore prone to political and social unrest.

my proud people of Nigeria please expect a trouble free election as GEJ continues his reign. we dodged the bullet.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by bluehorizo(m): 11:37am On Dec 17, 2014
chesterlee:
GMB just dug a grave for his presidential plans
Who is Osinbanjo?
Oshiomole would have been the ideal choice.

A perennial loser + a mere rookie = Failure

Can't wait for feb 14th....Game On

GEJ all the way!!!!!

Do you even have a voter's card?
Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by safarigirl(f): 11:38am On Dec 17, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
The number of vote Yemi Osibanjo, a pastor in the RCCG, will bring from the church alone will be enormous.
the number of votes may not matter as much as where they come from. I do hope to see Buhari as President, but with this Osinbajo fellow, it's a bit tricky.....anyway I wish them success.
Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by Sweetlemon(f): 11:38am On Dec 17, 2014
fanex:
In as much as i want GEJ to lose the election, i also NEED him to win to ensure the continuity of one Nigeria. Nigeria as we know it, is in a delicate balance. The power must remain with South-South for a little while longer for their satisfaction after which they will never taste it again for good reasons.

Thankfully, Buhari has again chosen a weak running mate and as such learnt nothing from his loss in the last election. i am absolutely chuffed for Nigeria. Assuming he had chosen a strong personality like fashola,amechi, okorocha(to split GEJ vote in the East) or oshomole the contest would have been indeed close and therefore prone to political and social unrest.

my proud people of Nigeria please expect a trouble free election as GEJ continues his reign. we dodged the bullet.

One Nigeria? Under GEJ?

My friend, are you typing from Australia?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by 1money: 11:39am On Dec 17, 2014
Oga, that ur pic, Nigeria is not dirty. I don't know what you are sweeping
tongue
adewale2011:
Say' CHANGE!!!
Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by laplace12(m): 11:39am On Dec 17, 2014
busterr:
the leadership of nigeria rests on the shoulders of one among two dominant people, one is weak, the other is a 72 year old man who would have retired many years ago in civil service. nigeria is just unfortunate.

Very unfortunate my brother. At times I wonder if it is some kind of curse undecided

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by PassingShot(m): 11:39am On Dec 17, 2014
safarigirl:
who exactly is Osinbajo? Fashola was by far a better option. Forget bigots, the SS/SE would've voted the popular Muslim Fashola over the relatively unknown Christian Osinbajo. The only thing that may push this fellow is that he has close ties to Adeboye....even at that sef....anyway anybody is better than non-existent, slightly r3t@rded Sambo

I agree Osinbajo is an "unknown commodity" now but with massive campaigns you will see that his popularity will soar in the next one month.

A Fashola on the ticket will play into the hands of PDP and even many Christians in the SW will abandon the Change Crusade.

So, this is still the best ticket for the Change.
Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by PointB: 11:40am On Dec 17, 2014
So the master finally picks a slave, as expected! cheesy cheesy cheesy

Time to change my signature!
Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by yorke1: 11:40am On Dec 17, 2014
He must have signed an undertaken to vacate the seat to Tinubu just like Pastor Tunde Bakare was forced to do the last time which led to a deadlock of 2011 merger once they win the election in their dream.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Peter Obi Replies Tinubu Over 'Derogatory' Remark / Meet Major General Rogers Ibe Nicholas: Leading The Nigerian Army Against Shekau / 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.