Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,407 members, 7,819,447 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:28 PM

Gooduck Jonathan And Buhari.A Tale Of Two Wrong Choices. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gooduck Jonathan And Buhari.A Tale Of Two Wrong Choices. (747 Views)

Buhari, A 'Man Of Integrity', Lied Under Oath - Femi Aribisala / Fayose Warns Apc And Buhari Over Attacks On pres. Jonathan / President Jonathan And His Campaign Team Arrive Onitsha, Anambra State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gooduck Jonathan And Buhari.A Tale Of Two Wrong Choices. by Toks2008(m): 10:44am On Dec 17, 2014
A TALE OF TWO WRONG CHOICES

I still remember vividly in 2007 how Nigerians trooped out to vote in our amiable president Goodluck Ebele Jonathan not because we are certain of what he can do but because we were tired of seeing the old people been recycled within the seat of power.

We did not vote for PDP but voted for him because for the first time ever we were presented a clean candidate and when i say clean i mean a full flesh and blood civilian,well read,and seemingly a good representative of the youths of this country.

I did not only vote for him but also canvassed for him. I still respect him as a person and i appreciate his effort in trying to lead the most populous black nation on earth.

But In my opinion and i believe a random selection of many people in Nigeria will support my stand view."PRESIDENT JONATHAN HAS FAILED US".

Never have i seen the level of financial misappropriation so celebrated, the rule of law made so baseless,lives wasted and no visible transformation recorded even when we hear the lyrics of transformation agenda and i can remember that even President Yaraduah of blessed memory despite his ill health brought a transformation to this country by granting amnesty to MEND and the former president Obasanjo within the first four years was able to give Nigerians succor in the communication sector.

Permit me to say that the insurgency of Boko haram is no excuse because in as much as this may cause some distractions,it was not strong enough to distract N1.067trn fuel subsidy fund lost to “endemic corruption and entrenched inefficiency”

The day i personally realized i made a great error voting president Jonathan into office was when he woke up on the 1st of January 2012 to increase fuel pump price to well over 100% and i had to go back to sleep with the hope that it was all a dream.

I remember how people who were stranded in various destination of christmas celebrations sold their properties in order to meet up with the sudden hike in transport fare due to the sudden and heartless act of a president who ought to have the feelings of the very people who elected him and i can't remember any military president doing that.

I am not a military personnel neither will i claim to know the politics going on concerning Bokoharam but i strongly believe that if the president truly decides to use his office as commander in chief of all the armed forces in Nigeria, Boko haram would have been a thing of the past and i strongly believe that if for four years, we still have the insurgency this strong,then this will only be a rehearsal compared to what we may see if the incumbent president finds his way once again into ASO rock.

Let me stop here as regards the incumbent president and dwell on Retired General Buhari.

i am not a fan of Buhari and i don't think i will ever be simply due to the fact that i just find it hard to reconcile the fact that the same man who took over power when i was just 9years is the same man coming back to canvass for our votes to occupy same seat when i also have all it takes to be in that same position and make a difference.

I do not know much about his regime because as a nine year old innocent kid, all i saw were men in uniforms and just after two years he was sent packing by Babangida.

But then lets face it,if the person we hoped would make a difference did not deliver the expected dividends of democracy after ruling for six years then i think it makes sense to try another person and since the other alternative we have is an old man of 72 who according to many does not condole corruption.

Conclusively i would say that in my opinion,both GEJ and Buhari are wrong choices but given the present situation that we have to choose one of these two,i would prefer to try this old man out who was not really giving the opportunity to rule way back and see what he has to offer and i believe that every logical Nigerian should do same.

If after 4years we can not see any reason to vote him once more then we can equally sack him out with our votes.

many have maintained that people's vote do not count in Nigeria but i would still employ all as-sundry to vote in for a change irrespective of the possibility of some people who may try to rig.

Together we can bring a positive change to our great Nation.

Re: Gooduck Jonathan And Buhari.A Tale Of Two Wrong Choices. by adamshafi(m): 12:42am On Mar 07, 2015
this is the holy truth nice post
Re: Gooduck Jonathan And Buhari.A Tale Of Two Wrong Choices. by Nobody: 1:02am On Mar 07, 2015
5 DEFINITIONS OF STUPIDITY.

Stupidity is When:

1)You Earn less than #30,000 as a graduate and still chant "Gej 4 2015".

2)You charge your phone with a generator and come online to type #GEJ 4 2015".

3)You purchase fuel at #87 per litre and
refuse to ackwledge the fact that you have been cheated "Gej 4 2015".

4)You import Goods from abroad at #209 per dollar instead of #159 per
dollar yet you are a Gejite.

5)You support a man who can't refund or give account of missing
$20BN.

"THAT IS STUPIDITY" "THERE IS NO
LICENCE FOR NONSENSE".
#VOTE_GMB_4_2015.
#March4Buhari.
Re: Gooduck Jonathan And Buhari.A Tale Of Two Wrong Choices. by Toks2008(m): 8:29pm On Mar 13, 2015
Neyoor:
5 DEFINITIONS OF STUPIDITY.

Stupidity is When:

1)You Earn less than #30,000 as a graduate and still chant "Gej 4 2015".

2)You charge your phone with a generator and come online to type #GEJ 4 2015".

3)You purchase fuel at #87 per litre and
refuse to ackwledge the fact that you have been cheated "Gej 4 2015".

4)You import Goods from abroad at #209 per dollar instead of #159 per
dollar yet you are a Gejite.

5)You support a man who can't refund or give account of missing
$20BN.

"THAT IS STUPIDITY" "THERE IS NO
LICENCE FOR NONSENSE".
#VOTE_GMB_4_2015.
#March4Buhari.

I love this intelligence and im proud of your intellectual prowess and not the sentimental dogmatism executed by some low thinkers.

(1) (Reply)

President Jonathan Not funding Boko Haram - Yakasai / 20 Things To Note About President Goodluckjonathan / The Buhari You Need To Know Leaflets.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.