Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,543 members, 7,819,928 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:58 AM

The Sudden Industrial Boom In The Churching Business/industry - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Sudden Industrial Boom In The Churching Business/industry (686 Views)

"The Christianity Of Greed Gospel And Religious Exploitation Boom In Nigeria" / Churching / Pastor T.b Joshua Predicted Michael Jackson's Sudden Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Sudden Industrial Boom In The Churching Business/industry by henryobinna(m): 12:30pm On Dec 17, 2014
I know this might be offensive to some people(including me) but I just have to write it.

The boom in this 'industry' is not like every other, because is way more lucrative than (probably) any other when your capital is included you'll notice you spend less and earn more.

Now the boom am talking about maybe seen as positive or negative but thing is everybody(some jobless youth) want to own a church and hence be referred to as pastor, prophet, evangelist, 'daddy/mummy' and the list goes on. Some of these youth claim they were called, sometimes I ask if they called their self or God did.
the cause of this sudden influx of every jack into the 'churching' business/industry is as a result of the industry big fishes, these guys(tho not all) are not helping matters at all; fleet of exotic cars, private jets, expensive schools, magnificent houses/mansions, and you know all these are eye catchy(tell me who don't want to live a good life?)

Since these Big fishes flaunt all these expensive properties every guy now wants to join the industry as a result becoming the 'young entrepreneurs/hustlers/upcoming MOG.

Now here's my reason for calling it a business/industry;
If you look around you (except you're in the core muslim north) you'll notice just there are numerous churches some with ridiculous names but one funny thing is most of these ones around you are all owned by the hustlers in the industry. Now it doesn't end there some of them after seeing their self being driven in exotic cars(actually in their dreams), they wake up and aggressively order for seven offerings to be given and you wonder what that money's for.(dear he has a dream).

But the quest for money doesn't start and end with the hustlers but it originated from some of them big fish. For example I remember when my cousin was telling me about a church he went when he visited there.
The church is owned by one relatively popular pastor(I no call name oh, he's church is also popular), his church has two branches(or he owns two churches) but the problem is the pastor runs it as a business in the sense that he manages the two churches himself, which means he's the only pastor, preaches in Branch A then rushes to Branch B to preach(every sunday )in a bid to gather all the money and this man has exotic cars like craze. You can imagine.

These business men have hijacked the church of God and turned it to a business making a lot of money out of it but that's not my problem, my problem is the way they treat poor people like sh|t, the ones who own schools; their school fees are so exorbitant.

Well, I know some of you here have the ambitions of becoming big fishes in the 'churching' industry/business but all I have to say is diaris God oh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Sudden Industrial Boom In The Churching Business/industry by nora544: 1:00pm On Dec 17, 2014
henryobinna:
I know this might be offensive to some people(including me) but I just have to write it.

The boom in this 'industry' is not like every other, because is way more lucrative than (probably) any other when your capital is included you'll notice you spend less and earn more.

Now the boom am talking about maybe seen as positive or negative but thing is everybody(some jobless youth) want to own a church and hence be referred to as pastor, prophet, evangelist, 'daddy/mummy' and the list goes on. Some of these youth claim they were called, sometimes I ask if they called their self or God did.
the cause of this sudden influx of every jack into the 'churching' business/industry is as a result of the industry big fishes, these guys(tho not all) are not helping matters at all; fleet of exotic cars, private jets, expensive schools, magnificent houses/mansions, and you know all these are eye catchy(tell me who don't want to live a good life?)

Since these Big fishes flaunt all these expensive properties every guy now wants to join the industry as a result becoming the 'young entrepreneurs/hustlers/upcoming MOG.

Now here's my reason for calling it a business/industry;
If you look around you (except you're in the core muslim north) you'll notice just there are numerous churches some with ridiculous names but one funny thing is most of these ones around you are all owned by the hustlers in the industry. Now it doesn't end there some of them after seeing their self being driven in exotic cars(actually in their dreams), they wake up and aggressively order for seven offerings to be given and you wonder what that money's for.(dear he has a dream).

But the quest for money doesn't start and end with the hustlers but it originated from some of them big fish. For example I remember when my cousin was telling me about a church he went when he visited there.
The church is owned by one relatively popular pastor(I no call name oh, he's church is also popular), his church has two branches(or he owns two churches) but the problem is the pastor runs it as a business in the sense that he manages the two churches himself, which means he's the only pastor, preaches in Branch A then rushes to Branch B to preach(every sunday )in a bid to gather all the money and this man has exotic cars like craze. You can imagine.

These business men have hijacked the church of God and turned it to a business making a lot of money out of it but that's not my problem, my problem is the way they treat poor people like sh|t, the ones who own schools; their school fees are so exorbitant.

Well, I know some of you here have the ambitions of becoming big fishes in the 'churching' industry/business but all I have to say is diaris God oh

you see it very right and next month they will ask their poor followers for the first fruit of the year to put it in their pocket.
Re: The Sudden Industrial Boom In The Churching Business/industry by henryobinna(m): 1:07pm On Dec 17, 2014
nora544:

you see it very right and next month they will ask their poor followers for the first fruit of the year to put in in their pocket.

serious brother, the worst part is most of them don't care about their members
Re: The Sudden Industrial Boom In The Churching Business/industry by tobechi20(m): 1:18pm On Dec 17, 2014
Good article
Re: The Sudden Industrial Boom In The Churching Business/industry by henryobinna(m): 1:29pm On Dec 17, 2014
tobechi20:
Good article
thanks

(1) (Reply)

questionons For Rapture / Its The Last Sunday Of The Year 2014 #thanksgiving! / Where To Stop And Where Not To While Reading The Holy Qur'an

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.