Stats: 3,151,132 members, 7,811,197 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:08 AM

Now That An Akokite Is To Be A Vice President? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Now That An Akokite Is To Be A Vice President? (1680 Views)

Is Prof Osinbajo Tired Of Being A Vice / 2015: First Lady Accuses Gov. Akpabio Of Having A Vice Presidential Ambition. / Pdp Leader Beat Up A Vice-principal. (2) (3) (4)

Now That An Akokite Is To Be A Vice President? by scholarteam: 4:51pm On Dec 17, 2014
Just wondering how the president sometimes squander goodwill.
I am sure Akokites may find it hard to forgive President GEJ for even attempting to change the school name in an ill-advised announcement during a national address during a period the University of Lagos community was mourning the death of their VC, Prof Sofoluwe.

If you are an Akokite, have you forgiven the President?
Will you vote for him?
If you were an alumnus of UNILAG, will you still vote for our President?

Re: Now That An Akokite Is To Be A Vice President? by scholarteam: 5:09pm On Dec 17, 2014
I think it's another masterstroke by the APC and definitely will use it in the campaigns.
I still struggle with understanding why the President made that costly error. He should have just forwarded the botched name change to the national assembly and let the national assembly probably take the flak.
I feel sorry for the president for these avoidable political mistakes.
Who's that adviser of the president that suggested that advice in the first place! !! angry angry

Re: Now That An Akokite Is To Be A Vice President? by scholarteam: 5:14pm On Dec 17, 2014
Those who supported the President then should start having very robust responses to most of the mistakes of this present administration.
If I were the president, I'll fire all my advisers immediately.
Re: Now That An Akokite Is To Be A Vice President? by scholarteam: 5:17pm On Dec 17, 2014
UNILAG TO MAULAG DURING 50TH ANNIVERSARY AND MOURNING PERIOD.
These advisers are presido's archilles heels joor

Re: Now That An Akokite Is To Be A Vice President? by tomakint: 5:31pm On Dec 17, 2014
What has being an Akokite got to do with how Jonathan will flog your Buhari/Osinbajo combo come Feb. 15, 2015! The other time (2011), it was this same Buhari and an Akokite (Pastor Tunde Bakare) that contested against Jonathan and yet were floored undecided so what is being an Akokite got to do with this? People should worry more about how the elections will pan out and not this AKOKITE that, AKOKITE this.

Re: Now That An Akokite Is To Be A Vice President? by Caseless: 5:39pm On Dec 17, 2014
tomakint:
What has being an Akokite got to do with how Jonathan will flog your Buhari/Osinbajo combo come Feb. 15, 2015! The other time (2011), it was this same Buhari and an Akokite (Pastor Tunde Bakare) that contested against Jonathan and yet were floored undecided so what is being an Akokite got to do with this? People should worry more about how the elections will pan out and not this AKOKITE that, AKOKITE this.
2011 is not 2015. It is a long-long time frm then. So many things have happened since that can throw gej out easily. Wait and see how headless gej is gonna be kicked out.

Re: Now That An Akokite Is To Be A Vice President? by igbeke: 6:02pm On Dec 17, 2014
I am an Akokite too.
Unfortunately, an Akokite is vying alongside the wrong person. Hence, I foresee both of them as losers , come Feb 2019.
As for t whether I we have forgiven GWJ, well...
Agreed, It was a costly mistake on his part but being a listening President that he is; he quickly corrected himself when he saw the protest that ensued as a result of the pronunciation. Hence my dear, we have wholeheartedly forgiven him.

Re: Now That An Akokite Is To Be A Vice President? by emiye(m): 6:06pm On Dec 17, 2014
We Akokites will support him enmasse.

Re: Now That An Akokite Is To Be A Vice President? by scholarteam: 6:34pm On Dec 17, 2014
That's very cheering, thanks!
I just realized that Tunde Bakare is an Akokite too!! shocked
Any other opinion?
Re: Now That An Akokite Is To Be A Vice President? by igbeke: 6:41pm On Dec 17, 2014
scholarteam:
That's very cheering, thanks!
I just realized that Tunde Bakare is an Akokite too!! shocked
Any other opinion?
A Lawyer and a Pastor too.
Re: Now That An Akokite Is To Be A Vice President? by scholarteam: 6:44pm On Dec 17, 2014
Wow!!!! What a coincidence! !!
Re: Now That An Akokite Is To Be A Vice President? by peleson: 7:28pm On Dec 17, 2014
As an Akokite I will support Gej. Buhari has failed! People, don't bee deceived, the north ruined and has ruining this country. A decent and sensible man will not destroy democracy as buhaari did! Do you know hw much set back the military ushered in by buhari did to this country?
Nigeria forget alot.
Same buhari that said Muslim should vote only for Muslim, bamboo will soak in blood!
Nigerians shine ur eyes... boko haram agenda can't work in Nigeria.
Gej has been the Nigeria best president! Fact!
The fact u think u re smarter and tries to out smart him by smuggling power out of him is to ur own peril because u ll end up messing urself up n he ll calmly put u in ur place. He has retired all the old gladiators n ds ones are going. We do not want people as this old with vengence to rule this country.
Gej will win! Period
Re: Now That An Akokite Is To Be A Vice President? by tomakint: 12:53am On Dec 18, 2014
Caseless:
2011 is not 2015. It is a long-long time frm then. So many things have happened since that can throw gej out easily. Wait and see how headless gej is gonna be kicked out.
How? undecided Do the maths: SS (6 States); SE (5 States); SW (6 States); NC (6 States + FCT); NW (7 States) & NE (6 States) I asked again how many States can Buhari conquer to emerge the winner come Feb. 15, 2015? Just asking........
Re: Now That An Akokite Is To Be A Vice President? by Truckpusher(m): 12:58am On Dec 18, 2014
tomakint:

How? undecided Do the maths: SS (6 States); SE (5 States); SW (6 States); NC (6 States + FCT); NW (7 States) & NE (6 States) I asked again how many States can Buhari conquer to emerge the winner come Feb. 15, 2015? Just asking........
You expect a typical mallam's slave like caseless to see reasons with you?smh

It is easier to wake up our dead ancestors than to convince that one logically. grin

Re: Now That An Akokite Is To Be A Vice President? by emiye(m): 1:05am On Dec 18, 2014
tomakint:

He won in 12 states in 2011, this time around 18 states are guaranteed. He will get at least 25% in 6 others
Re: Now That An Akokite Is To Be A Vice President? by tomakint: 1:05am On Dec 18, 2014
Truckpusher:
You expect a typical mallam's slave like caseless to see reasons with you?smh

It is easier to wake up our dead ancestors than to convince that one logically. grin
Broda mi, you can say that again grin grin here in France it is easier to wake up our dead ancestors grin grin as for caseless, I don't think he understood how Nigerian politics work.
Re: Now That An Akokite Is To Be A Vice President? by Truckpusher(m): 1:09am On Dec 18, 2014
tomakint:

Broda mi, you can say that again grin grin here in France it is easier to wake up our dead ancestors grin grin as for caseless, I don't think he understood how Nigerian politics work.
No ,he doesn't - He just shouts here and there thinking elections are won online. grin
Re: Now That An Akokite Is To Be A Vice President? by tomakint: 1:14am On Dec 18, 2014
emiye:
He won in 12 states in 2011, this time around 18 states are guaranteed. He will get at least 25% in 6 others
Really? Now this gat me lolin hard grin grin don't be surprised that Buhari may likely win 12 States again nothing has changed on Buhari of 2011 and now but before you start calling me names, listen, Buhari needs to win 21 States outrightly to be declared the WINNER, the question now is, how possible is this for Buhari going by the current trend!
Re: Now That An Akokite Is To Be A Vice President? by tomakint: 1:15am On Dec 18, 2014
Truckpusher:
No ,he doesn't - He just shouts here and there thinking elections are won online. grin
Thank God you sef see am that way too......
Re: Now That An Akokite Is To Be A Vice President? by emiye(m): 1:17am On Dec 18, 2014
tomakint:

Really? Now this gat me lolin hard grin grin don't be surprised that Buhari may likely win 12 States again nothing has changed on Buhari of 2011 and now but before you start calling me names, listen, Buhari needs to win 21 States outrightly to be declared the WINNER, the question now is, how possible is this for Buhari going by the current trend!

You are quite ignorant and proud. .......

To be declared winner, you need a simple majority votes, and at least 25% of votes in 24 states and FCT.
He does not need to win in 21 states. Infact if he wins in 5 states only and fulfil the requirements above, he will be declared by INEC.

In 2011, Buhari was contesting on a platform with no single councillor, this is 2014.
Re: Now That An Akokite Is To Be A Vice President? by tomakint: 1:30am On Dec 18, 2014
emiye:

You are quite ignorant and proud.
To be declared winner, you need a simple majority votes, and at least 25% of votes in 24 states and FCT.
He does not need to win in 21 states. Infact if he wins in 5 states only and fulfil the requirements
In 2011, this is 2014.
Thank God you are not proud and ignorant so in emiye's voice, *Buhari needs to win 5 States and secure 25% of votes in the remaining States to win* what a permutation
Re: Now That An Akokite Is To Be A Vice President? by emiye(m): 1:35am On Dec 18, 2014
tomakint:

Thank God you are not proud and ignorant so emiye's voice, *Buhari needs to win 5 States and secure 25% of votes in the remaining States to win* what a permutation

google conditional statement and understand what it means.

I said "IF" ,

What that means is should he get at least "25% of votes in 24 states, and the highest number of total votes. the number of states he won will be irrelevant, even if its just 5 states.

This is Nigeria not USA.
Re: Now That An Akokite Is To Be A Vice President? by Gboliwe: 1:39am On Dec 18, 2014
emiye:

You are quite ignorant and proud. .......

He does not need to win in 21 states. Infact if he wins in 5 states only and fulfil the requirements above, he will be declared by INEC.

In 2011, Buhari was contesting on a platform with no single councillor, this is 2014.

I know Fela Durotoye and the other motivational speakers drum it into my head that "Nothing is Impossible". I guess they never considered this level of belief! Buhari win 5 states and it translates to a simple majority blablabla? Chai! I must tap into this level of blind mumu faith!

His Katsina state, he won't even win handsdown not to talk of other states.

@topic, Bakare was a G.O, a position higher than Yemi's in Nigeria's christendom, he was an Akokite according to the story, just like your Yemi, yet we gave him a seat and he is still wondering till today what hit him. We will do same to this man, this Pastor who is already tampering with his date of birth. Personally, I am unmoved!

@OP, how does the topic and body of this thread relate?
Re: Now That An Akokite Is To Be A Vice President? by tomakint: 1:42am On Dec 18, 2014
emiye:

google conditional statement
I said "IF" ,
What that means is should he get at least "25% of votes in 24 states, and the highest number of total votes. the number of states he won will be irrelevant, even if its just 5 states.
This is Nigeria not USA.
Read my submission bro, my statement (Buhari needs to win....) is not confirmatory but in support of your 'IF'
Re: Now That An Akokite Is To Be A Vice President? by emiye(m): 1:45am On Dec 18, 2014
Gboliwe:

I know Fela Durotoye and the other motivational speakers drum it into my head that "Nothing is Impossible". I guess they never considered this level of belief! Buhari win 5 states and it translates to a simple majority blablabla? Chai! I must tap into this level of blind mumu faith!

His Katsina state, he won't even win handsdown not to talk of other states.

@topic, Bakare was a G.O, a position higher than Yemi's in Nigeria's christendom, he was an Akokite according to the story, just like your Yemi, yet we gave him a seat and he is still wondering till today what hit him. We will do same to this man, this Pastor who is already tampering with his date of birth. Personally, I am unmoved!

You are turning logic on his head, i gave a hypothetical scenario.,,,,,,i guess it is a problem with comprehension for you.

In Nigeria, what is really paramount is not the number of states you won in, but the total votes you get. It is even possible for your Candidate A to win in more states than candidate B , and Candidate B will be declared by virtue of higher number of votes earned.
Re: Now That An Akokite Is To Be A Vice President? by emiye(m): 1:49am On Dec 18, 2014
tomakint:

Read my submission bro, my statement (Buhari needs to win....) is not confirmatory but in support of your 'IF'

I am clear enough, or may be you dont understand what simple majority means.

Let me state it again.. what is needed (1) at least 25% of votes in 24 states and FCT

(2) Simple majority. (highest number of votes between/among contestants)

No one gives a hoot about number of states won.
Re: Now That An Akokite Is To Be A Vice President? by Gboliwe: 1:49am On Dec 18, 2014
emiye:
You are turning logic on his head, i gave a hypothetical scenario.,,,,,,i guess it is a problem with comprehension for you.

In Nigeria, what is really paramount is not the number of states you won in, but the total votes you get. It is even possible for your Candidate A to win in more states than candidate B , and Candidate B will be declared by virtue of higher number of votes earned.

SMH cry You are beyond redemption. Continuuuuuuu
Re: Now That An Akokite Is To Be A Vice President? by emiye(m): 1:50am On Dec 18, 2014
Gboliwe:

SMH cry You are beyond redemption. Continuuuuuuu

I cant help you......... i sincerely cant.
Re: Now That An Akokite Is To Be A Vice President? by Justcash(m): 2:42am On Dec 18, 2014
This is not SUG election, it is the PRESIDENTIAL election. It takes votes beyond Unilag, residents of Akoka and Lagos state to give victory to an aspirant.

I'm sure you are aware of this, I just wanted to remind you just incase you have forgotten.
Re: Now That An Akokite Is To Be A Vice President? by tit(f): 5:48am On Dec 18, 2014
APC is mixing politics and religion.
That combustible mixture is going to blow up in their faces big time.

Governor Fayose Explodes February Presidential Election Is A Do Or Die Affair / Why I Will Not Vote On The 14th / Father Mbaka Blasts Jonathan Again(video)