Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,341 members, 7,811,989 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:07 AM

What's The Best Book You Read During The Year? - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What's The Best Book You Read During The Year? (2359 Views)

Have You Read E.L. James "Grey"? Can You Share Link To Download? / The Best Book Of 2015 As Compile By El-rufai / Reading User's Manual; How Often Do You read it? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Best Book You Read During The Year? by herald9: 10:38am On Dec 18, 2014
Jennimma:

lolz@run a library. I wish i do. Hehehehe

Lolz.. I need to ask Na.
I fit come work for you there... free of chargecheesy
Re: What's The Best Book You Read During The Year? by cupidhero(m): 11:39am On Dec 18, 2014
I read behold a pale horse by wiliam cooper and exodus by leon uritz for the 3rd time. There is huge book i borrowed from my elder brother,it is called "strange stories with amazing facts by readers digest" and it is the best book i have read this year. I'm about to read J R R Tolkein's book about the creation of middle earth,the book is titled "silmarillion" . Just downloaded the truePDF version,been searching for it in paperback for almost a year now but can't find it.
Re: What's The Best Book You Read During The Year? by egesie(m): 3:22pm On Dec 20, 2014
laykorn:

I like Half of The Yellow Sun too.
I tried reading that Americanah. I stopped at the first page. It was kind of boring to me.
Ayamlaykorn
yeah, "half of a yellow sun" is more interesting than americanah, although the beginning of Americanah is quite lovely, how Obinze n Ifemelu's love started
Re: What's The Best Book You Read During The Year? by egesie(m): 3:24pm On Dec 20, 2014
has anyone read heroes of Olympus by Rick Riordan, it's based on greek and roman mythology
Re: What's The Best Book You Read During The Year? by egesie(m): 3:33pm On Dec 20, 2014
well, this year has been alot of african literature for me, getting close to my roots.
half of a yellow(read twice, first in hardcopy then softcopy)
Americanah
Waiting for an angel
Arrow of God( I love this book scatter, lots of thought-provoking proverbs)
the thing around your neck(short story collection)
There was a country(wanted to cry after reading this book)
Re: What's The Best Book You Read During The Year? by tpia0001: 3:54pm On Dec 23, 2014
mizjules:
I've read lots of interesting novels tho, Hadassah, before I go to sleep by j s waston. More coming up.

read the bolded two years ago, reread it recently.

hope some nlers are not fantasizing about such, na for odi things dem dey see una (not you). Lord have mercy sha.

woman with selective amnesia, her partner's fantasy- at least she cant talk back.
Re: What's The Best Book You Read During The Year? by mizjules(f): 3:59pm On Dec 23, 2014
tpia0001:

read the bolded a while back (probably last year), reread it recently.

hope some nlers are not fantasizing about such, na for odi things dem dey see una (not you). Lord have mercy sha.

woman with selective amnesia, her partner's fantasy- at least she cant talk back.
Interesting book init? Omo they're one their own oo!
Re: What's The Best Book You Read During The Year? by tpia0001: 4:23pm On Dec 23, 2014
mizjules:

Interesting book init?

it was interesting.

the lady ate her cake and had it.

the author tied up the loose ends as well, very tidy i suppose, for people who like it like that.

they're one their own oo!

na them sabi wetin dem dey waank to.

1 Like

Re: What's The Best Book You Read During The Year? by tpiander: 6:20pm On Aug 26, 2015

(1) (2) (Reply)

One Dead In Accident At Ibesikpo Asutan, Akwa Ibom (graphic Photo) / Please What Happened To 2go Messenger. / Fire Outbreak At Ochanja Market Onitsha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.