Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,051 members, 7,814,608 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:04 PM

Oil Crisis: Nigeria Announces New Charges On Private Jets, Yachts, Champagnes - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Oil Crisis: Nigeria Announces New Charges On Private Jets, Yachts, Champagnes (12946 Views)

CBN Introduces New Charges On ATM Cards, Cheques / CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms / Top Ten Private Jets Owned By Wealthy Nigerians And How Much They Cost (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oil Crisis: Nigeria Announces New Charges On Private Jets, Yachts, Champagnes by eunisam: 10:31pm On Dec 18, 2014
stardragon:

when data add prices. Na dat time u go knw se e concern evry body.
still enoconcern me
Re: Oil Crisis: Nigeria Announces New Charges On Private Jets, Yachts, Champagnes by zinaLPF: 10:32pm On Dec 18, 2014
feedthenation:

Also, a mansion in Abuja, worth N300 million and above, will henceforth attract a charge of one percent, referred to as FCT Mansion Tax. The government expects to generate about N360 million from this.

Based on what property appraisal system, I wonder?

1 Like

Re: Oil Crisis: Nigeria Announces New Charges On Private Jets, Yachts, Champagnes by since1914(m): 10:50pm On Dec 18, 2014
It is a good thing that the Finance Minister is seeking alternative means of funding for the 2015 budget, but am afraid, that the current measures she just listed are too pedestrian. While I agree that we should introduce 'sin tax', to help us improve our revenue profile, I take exceptions to it been done without proper planning. It seems the figures were arrived upon by just mere approximation, because so far no audit has been carried out to ascertain the feasibility or otherwise of this new tax regime. For instance, how will the 1% tax on Abuja mansions be collected? Will the task force (or FIRS?) go from house to house knocking on gates to collect them? How did we arrive at the number of Private jets and yatchs that will be imported in 2015? Are these figures based on confirmed jet and yacht orders, or average yearly imports? Lastly, what will be the estimated cost of collection for all of these taxes?

If only she had taken time to take a closer look at the operations of all the revenue generating agencies of the FG, she would notice that most of them are not remitting the appropriate revenues to Federation Account. She will also notice that we have no business budgeting for Newspapers, Magazines and other frivolities for government officials in the face of austerity. My conservative estimate is that we can save as much as 200 billion Naira (if not more) if we reordered our priorities.
Re: Oil Crisis: Nigeria Announces New Charges On Private Jets, Yachts, Champagnes by stanley37(m): 12:29am On Dec 19, 2014
to me, in a way govt will still rob from d masses, imagine wen u are not producing cars which we all no we depend mostly on import, don't u tink d charges on buying a single car will b high on d masses? who dey help?
Re: Oil Crisis: Nigeria Announces New Charges On Private Jets, Yachts, Champagnes by tee234: 1:50am On Dec 19, 2014
What happens wen 'the rich' donot buy private jets and yacht. This process should hv started long before nao. And also who told her dt FIRS will collect the full tax. 25% to federal govt n 50% to d FIRS boss n important staffs and remainin 25% nt been paid for.
Re: Oil Crisis: Nigeria Announces New Charges On Private Jets, Yachts, Champagnes by drey076(m): 4:57am On Dec 19, 2014
If not for decline in oil price per barrel they wunt know dr dey suppose to introduce dat tax
More so, there are other luxury goods n service dat suppose to attract higher tax appart from s one highlighted above. Backward nation
Re: Oil Crisis: Nigeria Announces New Charges On Private Jets, Yachts, Champagnes by 100Cents: 6:06am On Dec 19, 2014
O God, when will I chop Nigeria's oil money ?
Re: Oil Crisis: Nigeria Announces New Charges On Private Jets, Yachts, Champagnes by 100Cents: 6:13am On Dec 19, 2014
Adminisher:
What of Brazilian hair, Smart phones, imported jewellery, imported cosmetics, designer clothes and shoes?.

I still feel the tax on luxury goods is not enough.

Why tax them only at the point of entry ? Which means the already existing private jets in the country which one person owns up to 3 or 4 won't get taxed. To me, this is faulty.

Such items should be taxed yearly, annually. America makes a lot of money by taxing the wealthy Americans and when you evade such tax, you go to jail, no remedy.

It is only in Nigeria that a rich man does not goto jail. A hen or phone thief can be sentenced to life in prison but a pen robber who diverted govt money to the tune of 20billion naira will be given one month in prison or an option of ffine of N250,000.

We all know that embezzlement is not corruption.

This brings me to luxury cars, which brands will our lying officials consider to be luxury cars ?
Re: Oil Crisis: Nigeria Announces New Charges On Private Jets, Yachts, Champagnes by Awaja(m): 7:46am On Dec 19, 2014
Make dem add more tax to shisha ,cigarettes, SK( Ghana SK) nd most importantly more nd bigger taxes to political forms of PDP,APC,& co

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG, Chinese Consortium Sign $5.8bn Power Plant Agreement / Is Gtbank Opened On Saturday / We Have Invested $8.5b In Nigeria - World Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.