Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,102 members, 7,953,352 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:56 PM

Agricultural Propagandas By The Federal Government - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Agricultural Propagandas By The Federal Government (3175 Views)

Export Your Agricultural Products / Agricultural farmLand For Sale In Ogun State / Problem Of Agricultural Development In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Agricultural Propagandas By The Federal Government by chuks224(m): 1:45pm On Dec 23, 2014
@ mercylicious.
I am going into plantain plantation and I feel you will be of great value to me since you are already in the field. I would like to contact you personally. My email: chuks224@gmail.com. thanks

[quote author=mercylicious post=29048106]

what is this one talking abt? if u are so big as u say, every bank will be struggling to give u money. They will come to you and be falling on top each other to give u loan. Ur bank statement must be SPEAKING.

@Papabrowne, Jethro is a nairalander i admire so much in agric thread cos he is sincere and has no product to sell to u except its his harvest. For him to voice this out means it is really paining him. I work in a bank and know how some agric loans go.
Re: Agricultural Propagandas By The Federal Government by Nobody: 4:07pm On Dec 23, 2014
@chux, no problem. I am also a newbie in plantain farming. what i have is 4months experience. There are lots of plantain thread in nairaland and others. Try to read them up. There are many established plantain farmers in the agricsection. You can ask any question you have on agric section and get answers .Others will also learn from the answers. No one is an island of knowledge. But the only thing i will tell u for now is that e recommended spacing for plantain is 2m by 2.5m . Dont listen to anyone telling you to go for less. It is to sell more suckers. (am not refering to baba moringa here ooo).grin .
If the spacing is more than that, it is also good but u will spend more resources maintaing the farm.

Plz note that my current farm is small. This is to practise and get used to it and the challenges b4 going full scale.
Re: Agricultural Propagandas By The Federal Government by princemolak(m): 9:27pm On Dec 23, 2014
mercylicious:
@chux, no problem. I am also a newbie in plantain farming. what i have is 4months experience. There are lots of plantain thread in nairaland and others. Try to read them up. There are many established plantain farmers in the agricsection. You can ask any question you have on agric section and get answers .Others will also learn from the answers. No one is an island of knowledge. But the only thing i will tell u for now is that e recommended spacing for plantain is 2m by 2.5m . Dont listen to anyone telling you to go for less. It is to sell more suckers. (am not refering to baba moringa here ooo).grin .
If the spacing is more than that, it is also good but u will spend more resources maintaing the farm.

Plz note that my current farm is small. This is to practise and get used to it and the challenges b4 going full scale.

LOLz, WHO is Baba Moringa?
Re: Agricultural Propagandas By The Federal Government by Babacele: 2:45am On Dec 24, 2014
stagger:

You are just talking nonsense.

1) You don't know the number of unemployed but employable youths.
2) Programs such as YEAP (the one you are referring to) require vast amounts of funding and when you are getting such money from the World Bank and other development partners, it takes a lot of lobbying and negotiations, because there are other countries seeking for such funds as well.
3) This is the first time we are having a technocrat as Agric minister. A man who graduated with First Class Honours for his Bachelors, Masters and PhD from Agric Economics, who after having had wonderful stints abroad, came back to Nigeria and has effectively broken the back of the fertilizer racketeering and rice importation which previous agric ministers were all supporting.
4) Effectively checkmated the stranglehold of the Vaswani Brothers on the rice industry in Nigeria by promoting FADAMA rice paddy farming in the core Northern states using state of the art irrigation techniques in those states that have been hammered by desertification.
5) For the first time, we have programs that are targeted at youths in this country. Can you point to any government that has done this in the past? Mind you, I was very much alive and a teenager during Buhari's first time in office from December 31st 1983 to August 27, 1985, and I know everything that happened in that government, including how ministers like Umaru Dikko were given import licenses for importation of rice and other ESSENCOs. Now he thinks some of us have forgotten and he has come again to continue from his misrule. In case you don't know, there was mass jubilation on the streets when he was toppled by IBB because the economy was in ruins.
5) For the first time, funds are being created to help people get into agriculture. Granted, there is problem with access to those funds but the Bank of Industry has recently engaged several companies that will work with business to make their proposals and business structure more bankable, and Bank of Agric is going to do same.
6) I want to ask you: have you ever stepped into any office of the Bank of Agric to know what they have for you? I guess you don't know.
7) Do you know the offices of the 13 river basin authorities in Nigeria? Do you know their function?

Rather than people like you to sit in your house making assumptions (how did you come about 100 million figure for unemployed youths..), you should actually take the time to look at what is going on in your country. Those YEAP guys who gave their testimonies at the program launch did not fall from space. They researched, got info and acted on it. You should too instead of blaming a government that has done more for agric than any other govt in history.

You are the one misleading the people. Umaru Dikko a PDP minister under Shagari another PDP and NOT our GMB who had put Umaru Dikko in crate in London and was bringing him to face corruption charges here in Nigeria having stolen about $1b and had fled the country. Adeshina is trying n we support him.
Re: Agricultural Propagandas By The Federal Government by Babacele: 2:56am On Dec 24, 2014
stagger:

You are just talking nonsense.

1) You don't know the number of unemployed but employable youths.
2) Programs such as YEAP (the one you are referring to) require vast amounts of funding and when you are getting such money from the World Bank and other development partners, it takes a lot of lobbying and negotiations, because there are other countries seeking for such funds as well.
3) This is the first time we are having a technocrat as Agric minister. A man who graduated with First Class Honours for his Bachelors, Masters and PhD from Agric Economics, who after having had wonderful stints abroad, came back to Nigeria and has effectively broken the back of the fertilizer racketeering and rice importation which previous agric ministers were all supporting.
4) Effectively checkmated the stranglehold of the Vaswani Brothers on the rice industry in Nigeria by promoting FADAMA rice paddy farming in the core Northern states using state of the art irrigation techniques in those states that have been hammered by desertification.
5) For the first time, we have programs that are targeted at youths in this country. Can you point to any government that has done this in the past? Mind you, I was very much alive and a teenager during Buhari's first time in office from December 31st 1983 to August 27, 1985, and I know everything that happened in that government, including how ministers like Umaru Dikko were given import licenses for importation of rice and other ESSENCOs. Now he thinks some of us have forgotten and he has come again to continue from his misrule. In case you don't know, there was mass jubilation on the streets when he was toppled by IBB because the economy was in ruins.
5) For the first time, funds are being created to help people get into agriculture. Granted, there is problem with access to those funds but the Bank of Industry has recently engaged several companies that will work with business to make their proposals and business structure more bankable, and Bank of Agric is going to do same.
6) I want to ask you: have you ever stepped into any office of the Bank of Agric to know what they have for you? I guess you don't know.
7) Do you know the offices of the 13 river basin authorities in Nigeria? Do you know their function?

Rather than people like you to sit in your house making assumptions (how did you come about 100 million figure for unemployed youths..), you should actually take the time to look at what is going on in your country. Those YEAP guys who gave their testimonies at the program launch did not fall from space. They researched, got info and acted on it. You should too instead of blaming a government that has done more for agric than any other govt in history.

And let me quickly tell you that Nigerians , the large chunk of the ordinary farmers ,are not keyed into these programs because of the poor info dissemination n nearly non existent extension services in the country.
Re: Agricultural Propagandas By The Federal Government by Babacele: 3:00am On Dec 24, 2014
jethro2:
Every newspaper, radio and whatever medium they could use is all about empowering youth in agriculture.
How many youths has benefitted from the one million programmes that the so called federal government claimed to have created.
We don't need to be told, we want to feel the effect. We want to see the factories/companies that are built, the processors that producing
The Nigeria population is over 160 million, out of which 100 million are youths.
80% of the youth population are either jobless, partially employed, casual workers, arm robbers, arm dealers, prostitutes etc.
Yet, the government is working, spending billions to create jobs that are non existing.
Enough of all this propaganda.
Could you believe that a youth empowerment programme that has been in the closet for several years is just surfacing two months to another election year.
Our youth are so gullible. Just buy sweets for them and they will forget their names. They will always remain the babies.
Obviously we gets the type of leaders we deserve.
Until the youths grow up, let the politicians keep buying sweets for them
bros how much is 30ton of your soy delivered to Lagos? reply Asap pls.

(1) (2) (Reply)

5000 Hectares Available For Lease At Cheap Price / Ultra-low Temperature Blast Freezer / Start A Rice Farm Today: The A-Z Of Rice Cultivation In Nigeria (DIY).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.