Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,435 members, 7,812,293 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:16 AM

My Car Was Seized By Lastma For Not Having Lagos Drivers Sticker. - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Car Was Seized By Lastma For Not Having Lagos Drivers Sticker. (14154 Views)

KAI & LASTMA Officials Drive Branded Cars (pics) / The Overloaded Vehicle Seized In Bauchi By FRSC Officials Today / Photos Of The New LASTMA Cabs Set To Be Launched (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Car Was Seized By Lastma For Not Having Lagos Drivers Sticker. by omoalaafin: 4:07am On Dec 20, 2014
My first question is: Are you a professional driver? If yes, then you need that LASDRI license. But if not, I think you need to teach them a lesson. I experienced something similar like 2: months ago in the hands of VIO. It was not until I got to their office that I understood what LASDRI is. I made serious trouble then.

You may consider using the press too.
Re: My Car Was Seized By Lastma For Not Having Lagos Drivers Sticker. by kenock: 5:06am On Dec 20, 2014
APC!!! CHANGE!!! Are you new? if you are not frustrated here, no tax for the "government" or do you think those uniform men, LASTMA, VIO, LASWMA, LASMOE, LASNILE, LASBEM, LASG, LASPOCO LASTAXUNION, ASSOCIATION and so on are given uniform to wave you safe jorny? Eko oni baje!!!!!
Re: My Car Was Seized By Lastma For Not Having Lagos Drivers Sticker. by TristanReveur: 6:34am On Dec 20, 2014
If it happened exactly as you have said, that's your classic rogue minded civil servant. I've never heard of driver's sticker in Lagos. See the higher-up at Oshodi and I believe your car will be returned to you without a fine. Dunno who's in charge now but I saw Young Arabamen some years back and he reasonably settled my case. But are you very sure you didn't commit any traffic offence? At that Oshodi axis, it could be along the lines of driving without seatbelt, making calls while driving, crossing the median etc. This story seems incomplete somehow.

As for randomly checking your driver's license, only the FRSC and VIO are empowered to do so constitutionally. The police have arrogated this power to themselves in lieu of the security situation in country today. Under some conditions such as traffic offences, driving and endangering (especially underage/drunk driving), LASTMA can request for your license. Infact, let FERMA catch you damaging federal roads, by accident or negligence. They will seize your license and hand you to FRSC for prosecution. Ask Dangote drivers.
Re: My Car Was Seized By Lastma For Not Having Lagos Drivers Sticker. by emeka94(m): 11:10am On Dec 20, 2014
Flets:
Use your lawyer ASAP. Their role ends at traffic management and that does not involve your papaers.

Anyway, Expect more from APC. Its only in APC states you see this read rubbish. .. Lagos and unending taxes, outrageous land use charges, property tax, Tinubu tax, Iyaloja levy, TV rates etc. In APC's edo state is radio tax used in harassing travellers. TIMARIV in APC's rivers state is another kettle of fish.

if you pay the tax that people in Abia pay eh, you'll thank God for Lagos
Re: My Car Was Seized By Lastma For Not Having Lagos Drivers Sticker. by DECOtech(m): 8:08pm On Dec 22, 2014
RichDad1:
Those crooks at Oshodi are at it again.
Which of the garages did they parked your car? Is it the one very close to the main building or the other one further down the road.
If its the later, just roger them with small change and you can leave with your car. But if it is the former, two things are involved, it's either you know someone that know someone that know someone. Lol or you'll simply pay their fine shikenna.
But if I'm to get you right, what they're asking for is the LASDRI license which to me is for professional Drivers (According to LASG).
I hope those guys are call to order ASAP.

That's a lie! He will not give them 10kobo.

LASTMA has over stepped their bounds on this one.

Our silence and continuous dance to their tune is giving them more liver.

OP, don't just get mad, get a lawyer.

1 Like

Re: My Car Was Seized By Lastma For Not Having Lagos Drivers Sticker. by crecruit: 12:14am On Dec 28, 2014
viperman:
Go back there with a lawyer who will disguise as a friend.
While begging them, let your "friend"ask them what your offence was and use your phone video camera to mae sur you catch a recording of when they say it is because of this so called docuement. Once you have the recording....walk away.
Lt your lawyer then come back the following day with his case and sue them. do not let them go on an easy count.
When we as nigerians start fighting back lawlessness at this lower level, some others will grow some guts to fight it at the higher level.
You would also be saving someone else in the future from suffering same thing.

DO NOT LET THIS GO. SUE THEM.

Advise seconded
Re: My Car Was Seized By Lastma For Not Having Lagos Drivers Sticker. by tbaby123(f): 9:24am On Dec 28, 2014
This story dont seem right o, because even as a woman, i dare not stop for any lastma if i did not commit any trafic offence, not to talk of giving them my car document for inspection...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Amazing New Cars From The 2019 Geneva Motor Show / Auction Export / Tesla Is Causing Battery Shortage Worldwide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.