Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,787 members, 7,824,272 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 07:08 AM

How Do HR Personnel Identify Fake Credentials In Nigeria - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Do HR Personnel Identify Fake Credentials In Nigeria (1193 Views)

I'm Suddenly Out Of A Job With Amazing Credentials In Petroleum Engineering UK / I Need A HR Personnel To Suggest A Title For My CV. / The Biggest Mistake I See On Resumes - Google Head Of HR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do HR Personnel Identify Fake Credentials In Nigeria by WafiJoe(m): 1:36pm On Dec 19, 2014
Hello Nlanders,

I want you'all to carefully read this post and please reply with mature comments. I would love the HR personnels in the house to contribute also.

I think there is a problem ravaging almost all sectors in the country. The staff working in both private and government organizations have questionable attitudes. The incompetence of most staff is visible. From the front desk officers, receptionist, to the "big man" in the office that is suppose to "process" papers. If you don't get rude response, you get delay, or negligence, and sometimes people that are made to the job doesn't have enough knowledge for the work. The painful thing is that there are lots of youth out there that are looking for job, people that can get things done in a very professional way but do not have the opportnunity to do it. I have been to offices where the people in charge can hardly operate the computers, and one begin to marvel.

I have concluded that these incompetencies is a result of fake credentials. Most of these people do not genuinely obtain the certificate that they use in getting their current job.

Now the question is, do Nigerian companies really do background checks on prospectives employees' credentials? Please HRs in the house tell me if you do, and what methods you use in separating the weed from the shaft as regards to fake credentials.
Re: How Do HR Personnel Identify Fake Credentials In Nigeria by Nobally: 6:24pm On Dec 21, 2014
@op how do you identify fake currency note.
Re: How Do HR Personnel Identify Fake Credentials In Nigeria by charleff512(m): 8:38am On Dec 22, 2014
OP,your observation is valid.
Most people in these offices you are seeing at the helm of affairs rose through the ranks(some entered as cleaners or clerks and went to night schools to upgrade their qualifications)
Also many of them have never written competencies test or examination to prove their worth.
As an HR person we do a lot of background checks on recent employments so as to match skills with competencies.Where you will find people that don't match what they profess to have with what they are exhibiting is private businesses where people are employed based on nepotism or federal establishments where federal character is considered above competence.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do HR Personnel Identify Fake Credentials In Nigeria by asalimpo(m): 9:57am On Dec 22, 2014
Reputable organisations (i know oneparastatal) will visit ur alma mater to verify ur cert(s).

(1) (Reply)

Plz HOW Do I Go About Becoming A Chartered Accountant / 13 Habits Of Highly Unsuccessful People / A Former Bus Conductor Now A PHD Degree Holder Griffith University Australia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.