Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,659 members, 7,820,312 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:56 PM

I Need A HR Personnel To Suggest A Title For My CV. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Need A HR Personnel To Suggest A Title For My CV. (1871 Views)

Please Help Review My CV / Guess Right And Win! Who Wrote This A HR Manager Or Typist? (Funny Pictures) / Hr Personnel /working Mothers Pls Help. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need A HR Personnel To Suggest A Title For My CV. by Naturallyme: 11:01pm On Jul 12, 2015
I think i need the guidance of an HR personnel here. I titled my CV as a "Mechanical Engineer" but i have not been getting interview invites these days even as am qualified for most jobs advertised.

This is my career path summarized here.

1) At the completion of my National Diploma in mechanical engineering technology (Best Student of my set), I couldn’t get a placement for Industrial training, I joined a roadside mechanic in quest for knowledge. I spent 1 year in repair, maintenance and reconditioning of automotive engines. It was an eye opener for me. Thereafter I took a teaching job while I was looking for admissions. ( Automotive Technology Experience – Gasoline Engines)
2) I got admission into another polytechnic for HND while I was applying for Direct entry into universities. I spent 6 months at HND studying HND mechanical engineering technology -PLANT option ( Power Plant and construction equipment Knowledge)
3) Gained admission to the best university in Nigeria (Mechanical Engineering -200level). My CGPA at 400 level was 4.15/5.00. I couldn’t get a good placement for SIWES, I joined an haulage company as Auto technician of Heavy duty Trucks ( Diesel Mechanic) out of humility ( It takes humility to learn). The workshop was dominated by collection of road side diesel mechanics. It was not easy for those folks to transfer knowledge so I borrowed two Diesel Mechanics textbooks from our library in other to complement what I gained during the period, and gradually I was compiling my SIWES report. I spent 6 months and went back to school. I had 5.00/5.00 that semester. My report became a reference for diesel mechanics till today. My CGPA skyrocketed. (Automotive Technology Experience – Diesel Engines)
4) At 500Level, I opted for Production Engineering Option. Developed knowledge of Production management, Machining, Manufacturing e.t.c. Seminal Topic was “Development of Quick Stop Mechanism for Lathe Machine”. ( Production Engineering Knowledge)
5) During NYSC, I served at a Multinational Beverage company (1 year), It was an eye opener for me in the field of bottling technology, I groomed myself in that area. I read all the books and company’s SOPs I could get on bottling technology, maintenance & maintenance management ( Bottling Machines and packaging equipment )and Utility equipment (Pumps, compressors, boilers e.t.c) ( Bottling Technology and maintenance management Knowledge)
6) After NYSC I joined a Multinational Beverage company ( Beer), As maintenance Technician. I gained so much knowledge in maintenance management (Actual maintenance, planning , scheduling and execution). I spent 2 years. ( Maintenance & Maintenance Management Experience)
7) Ref. No. 6, During this time, I was running my MSC in Industrial Engineering at one of the best Universities in Nigeria ( full time because I was doing a shift work).Where I was working triggered my interest in that course. (Operations and Industrial Management Knowledge)
cool My cross over to an Oil and Gas engineering services provider (EPCI company). I Started as a Design Engineer – Subsea Structures , Hence knowledge of Design Engineering and familiarization with international codes and standards ( men, they are numerous ASTM , ASME, API, BS, DNV, ISO). I read all books I could lay my hand on to understand oil and gas generally in other to deliver on this job. I have delivered on about 3 subsea projects ( Shallow and deepwater) and developed expertise in using some FEA and CAD softwares. (Engineering Design Experience)
9) I was in an EPCI company now so, after Design is Fabrication and Construction, I joined the construction team as a Project Engineer , it was my first time and I quickly needed to blend with the experienced Italian and Indian guys I was teaming with. So I began to search books online and offline, in three months I got what I needed and started delivering like I was experienced ( Welding Engineering , Engineering drawing, Engineering Materials and Specifications, Fabrication and Construction Management, Project management e.t.c). I enjoyed it and was grateful for the opportunity. It lasted for 2 years (Fabrication and Construction Experience in oil and Gas).
10) Since last year now, I have not been doing any productive work, though anticipating a project might come soon, but I decided to revisit my CV and start Job looking for opportunities.

So far I have the knowledge and experience of the following:

1) Automotive Technology Experience – Gasoline Engines
2) Power Plant and construction equipment Knowledge
3) Automotive Technology Experience – Diesel Engines
4) Production Engineering Knowledge
5) Bottling Technology and maintenance management Knowledge
6) Maintenance & Maintenance Management Experience
7) Operations and Industrial Management Knowledge
cool Oil and gas and Engineering Design Experience
9) Fabrication and Construction Experience in oil and Gas

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need A HR Personnel To Suggest A Title For My CV. by GreatManBee: 11:07pm On Oct 23, 2015
Bros you're a bundle of talents.
Naturallyme:
I think i need the guardian of an HR personnel here. I titled my CV as a "Mechanical Engineer" but i have not been getting interview invites these days even as am qualified for most jobs advertised.

1) At the completion of my National Diploma in mechanical engineering technology (Best Student of my set), I couldn’t get a placement for Industrial training, I joined a roadside mechanic in quest for knowledge. I spent 1 year in repair, maintenance and reconditioning of automotive engines. It was an eye opener for me. Thereafter I took a teaching job while I was looking for admissions. ( Automotive Technology Experience – Gasoline Engines)
2) I got admission into another polytechnic for HND while I was applying for Direct entry into universities. I spent 6 months at HND studying HND mechanical engineering technology -PLANT option ( Power Plant and construction equipment Knowledge)
3) Gained admission to the best university in Nigeria (Mechanical Engineering -200level). My CGPA at 400 level was 4.15/5.00. I couldn’t get a good placement for SIWES, I joined an haulage company as Auto technician of Heavy duty Trucks ( Diesel Mechanic) out of humility ( It takes humility to learn). The workshop was dominated by collection of road side diesel mechanics. It was not easy for those folks to transfer knowledge so I borrowed two Diesel Mechanics textbooks from our library in other to complement what I gained during the period, and gradually I was compiling my SIWES report. I spent 6 months and went back to school. I had 5.00/5.00 that semester. My report became a reference for diesel mechanics till today. My CGPA skyrocketed. (Automotive Technology Experience – Diesel Engines)
4) At 500Level, I opted for Production Engineering Option. Developed knowledge of Production management, Machining, Manufacturing e.t.c. Seminal Topic was “Development of Quick Stop Mechanism for Lathe Machine”. ( Production Engineering Knowledge)
5) During NYSC, I served at a Multinational Beverage company (1 year), It was an eye opener for me in the field of bottling technology, I groomed myself in that area. I read all the books and company’s SOPs I could get on bottling technology, maintenance & maintenance management ( Bottling Machines and packaging equipment )and Utility equipment (Pumps, compressors, boilers e.t.c) ( Bottling Technology and maintenance management Knowledge)
6) After NYSC I joined a Multinational Beverage company ( Beer), As maintenance Technician. I gained so much knowledge in maintenance management (Actual maintenance, planning , scheduling and execution). I spent 2 years. ( Maintenance & Maintenance Management Experience)
7) Ref. No. 6, During this time, I was running my MSC in Industrial Engineering at one of the best Universities in Nigeria ( full time because I was doing a shift work).Where I was working triggered my interest in that course. (Operations and Industrial Management Knowledge)
cool My cross over to an Oil and Gas engineering services provider (EPCI company). I Started as a Design Engineer – Subsea Structures , Hence knowledge of Design Engineering and familiarization with international codes and standards ( men, they are numerous ASTM , ASME, API, BS, DNV, ISO). I read all books I could lay my hand on to understand oil and gas generally in other to deliver on this job. I have delivered on about 3 subsea projects ( Shallow and deepwater) and developed expertise in using some FEA and CAD softwares. (Engineering Design Experience)
9) I was in an EPCI company now so, after Design is Fabrication and Construction, I joined the construction team as a Project Engineer , it was my first time and I quickly needed to blend with the experienced Italian and Indian guys I was teaming with. So I began to search books online and offline, in three months I got what I needed and started delivering like I was experienced ( Welding Engineering , Engineering drawing, Engineering Materials and Specifications, Fabrication and Construction Management, Project management e.t.c). I enjoyed it and was grateful for the opportunity. It lasted for 2 years (Fabrication and Construction Experience in oil and Gas).
10) Since last year now, I have not been doing any productive work, though anticipating a project might come soon, but I decided to revisit my CV and start Job looking for opportunities.

2 Likes

Re: I Need A HR Personnel To Suggest A Title For My CV. by iyisco2001(m): 5:54pm On Oct 24, 2015
In short, you are engineering grin
I love your resume. Although I am not a HR personell, but I believe you should tailor your cv to whichever job you find interesting, so far you have the experience, that still doesnt mean you shouldn't include other experiences in your cv.
Best regards.

1 Like

Re: I Need A HR Personnel To Suggest A Title For My CV. by Naturallyme: 8:04pm On Oct 24, 2015
Thanks everyone. one still needs to blend with technological advancement progressing geometrically.
Re: I Need A HR Personnel To Suggest A Title For My CV. by yeldey: 11:25am On Oct 26, 2015
Naturallyme:
I think i need the guardian of an HR personnel here. I titled my CV as a "Mechanical Engineer" but i have not been getting interview invites these days even as am qualified for most jobs advertised.

Send me a pm asap, I have something urgent for you and it is time bound. act fact
Re: I Need A HR Personnel To Suggest A Title For My CV. by Naturallyme: 9:20pm On Nov 08, 2015
Thanks Yeldey. More blessing
Re: I Need A HR Personnel To Suggest A Title For My CV. by Naturallyme: 10:27pm On Nov 14, 2015
Still waiting for a Good HR personnel who is nice enough to offer this service for free.
Re: I Need A HR Personnel To Suggest A Title For My CV. by Champella(m): 7:14pm On Jan 30, 2016
Lord have mercy!

Boss, na companies like Real Madrid (Total), Barcelona (Chevron), Bayern Munich (Shell), PSG (Schlumberger), Man Utd (Exxon Mobil), etc go fit afford you be that o.

Infact, you're a rare combination of Cristiano Ronaldo (efficiency) and Lionel Messi (skills) in Engineering. cool
Re: I Need A HR Personnel To Suggest A Title For My CV. by emanjayz(m): 1:30pm On Mar 16, 2017
WOW!

(1) (Reply)

Archicad And Artlantis Wizard / Zenith Bank's Ongoing Recruitment Process / 7 Habits To Drop If You Wish To Be Truly Successful

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.