Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,703 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:50 PM

Varsity Sent 27 Hawkers For Youth Service —JAMB - NYSC (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Varsity Sent 27 Hawkers For Youth Service —JAMB (33918 Views)

Should The National Youth Service Corps (nysc) Scheme Be Reformed Or Scrapped? / Is There Any Implication Of Not Going To Youth Service? / Is Nigerian Youth Service Corps (NYSC) Worth Doing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Varsity Sent 27 Hawkers For Youth Service —JAMB by Nobody: 8:55am On Dec 20, 2014
likeseriously:

Obviously you are talking cynically. When you talk of Law UNN is the premier law faculty and UNN law graduates compete so well with law graduates from Nigeria and beyond.

Talk of top law firms in Lagos and you would see UNN graduates there. Personally my classmates and seniors work in Sterling Partners, Simmon Coopers, Olainwun Ajayi, ACAS, Aluko and Oyebode, Templars etc. In fact my class guy that made first class in Law school worked in Olaniwun Ajayi before proceeding to US now for his masters this year, the one that made first class in my set from uni worked with Aluko n Oyebode(in fact he was posted to serve in Niger state for service but Aluko n Oyebode personally saw to his redeployed to their Abuja office to serve, he finished service n started working with them) now he is in Harvard Law school for his masters.

I am a proud graduate of UNN law faculty and I am so proud of it. I came to Lagos not long ago and I have been privilege to work with a UNILAG Professor of Law and a SAN and you know how I got the job? I beat over 15 lawyers from your other so called best unis in an interview to secure it.

In fact the list goes on and on, I am taking time to modestly explain these to you in details so you know I know what I am saying and to further cure you of your delusion.

Go to law school and ask, UNN has been producing first class and award winning students in the Bar exam from time immemorial, most of my lecturers(at least, one that I know of) won several awards in deir set at the law school, my legal method, labour and IP lecturers are testimonies to this.

Stop talking poo that you don't know of.

Back to the issue at hand. I don't doubt that such is possible because Nigeria is in a state of quagmire and any nonsense can pass. I once worked with some UNILAG guys in a law firm and they kept building some tall stories of how UNILAG was the best in Nigeria and beyond but not until I had a friend doing her masters in unilag that was when the real story came out.

She narrated to me how they go about scrambling for lecture halls to have their lectures, how the university gen was not efficient and reliable and their supervisor practically told them to be coming to class with rechargeable lanterns (because they normally have their lectures in afternoon which then spans into the evening) and how the lecturers' offices are stinking due to some soak away issues. And I laughed hilariously. That was when my colleagues mellowed down and stopped talking shit.

In essence, stop wasting your time discrediting UNN out of malice, rather take time and research before coming here to talk. If it were some other departments you mentioned, I may not join issues with you, but for Law in UNN, no just go there! angry
Tory tory!! Welldone o oga lawyer..We know paper tigers like you..Like it is said.."Empty barrels make the loudest noise"

1 Like

Re: Varsity Sent 27 Hawkers For Youth Service —JAMB by synergycom19: 8:56am On Dec 20, 2014
No wonder our PHD certificate is A PHOTOCOPY OF PREVIOUS ONES.
Re: Varsity Sent 27 Hawkers For Youth Service —JAMB by akatekpe(m): 8:58am On Dec 20, 2014
iyatrustee:
Why won't they name the university involved? They are regulators for crying out loud.

you must be from that same University,cos Comprehension is your problem. Didn't you read the line that said the guy posted to JAMB was asked which University he schooled? And he said " na UNN"

1 Like

Re: Varsity Sent 27 Hawkers For Youth Service —JAMB by Beerem: 8:59am On Dec 20, 2014
The so called register is talking rubish. Where do people learn how to write their names? Is it in the universities? A person who cannot write his or her name did not attend nursry or primary school how much more university. A person who cannot write his or her name cannot pronounce UNN. Let that nonsense register talk another thing. This one he is talking is gibberish.
Re: Varsity Sent 27 Hawkers For Youth Service —JAMB by greatnow: 8:59am On Dec 20, 2014
Jamaticulus:
Pls name this varsity...
A corps member was posted to JAMB to serve, the director under which he would serve said he could not write his name. We wondered how could that be and invited him to my office, asked him which university he attended, he simply replied ‘na UNN

1 Like

Re: Varsity Sent 27 Hawkers For Youth Service —JAMB by Nobody: 9:00am On Dec 20, 2014
kossyablaze:
There are two universities in Nigeria...University of Nigeria Nsukka AND others!!!He remembered UNN cuz itz the most popular Varsity in/outside Nigeria,so interrogate him and see he must be from Bello or Awolowo university!I knw UNN ryt wen I was 4years....and peharps,everybody here in Singapore knows it.

Of course,,
Re: Varsity Sent 27 Hawkers For Youth Service —JAMB by Nobody: 9:05am On Dec 20, 2014
OrangeDream:
Tory tory!! Welldone o oga lawyer..We know paper tigers like you..Like it is said.."Empty barrels make the loudest noise"

CNN news desk. Would you mind your damn business and stop quoting me. undecided all you guys take delight in is bad news from the SE but then we always disappoint you guys. tongue hope you have a family doctor? Cos soonest your penchant for SE bad news would earn you a heart attack because such news won't be forthcoming.

2 Likes

Re: Varsity Sent 27 Hawkers For Youth Service —JAMB by lacosanostra: 9:08am On Dec 20, 2014
Most of the people posting here are so daft,and they may be graduates, the guy who could not spell his name was from UNN, the 27 GROUNDNUT SELLERS uni was not NAMED, but some very “intelligent posters have included the guys among the groundnut sellers.
Re: Varsity Sent 27 Hawkers For Youth Service —JAMB by eaccyboy(m): 9:09am On Dec 20, 2014
cdocdathrilla:
useless like ur existence on earth. I guess dey havnt given any one from ur cave village admission since 1992. Dont worry u guyz shld keep writing jamb.
I wish u kw me and my family Bia*a*ach...
Re: Varsity Sent 27 Hawkers For Youth Service —JAMB by lacosanostra: 9:10am On Dec 20, 2014
Yorubas and Igbos leave tribalism make tribalism leave una
Re: Varsity Sent 27 Hawkers For Youth Service —JAMB by Damalex4luv(m): 9:10am On Dec 20, 2014
icebeatz:

Product of the great ife indeed; both in words and action,
You totally missed the point I was trying to make but never mind oh great ife-ite.
I feel sorry for you looool.
sorry for yourself.
Re: Varsity Sent 27 Hawkers For Youth Service —JAMB by Nobody: 9:22am On Dec 20, 2014
likeseriously:

CNN news desk. Would you mind your damn business and stop quoting me. undecided all you guys take delight in is bad news from the SE but then we always disappoint you guys. tongue hope you have a family doctor? Cos soonest your penchant for SE bad news would earn you a heart attack because such news won't be forthcoming.

Mumu,we are facing facts and reality here about a daft graduate from your school and you are crying sentimentally here

1 Like

Re: Varsity Sent 27 Hawkers For Youth Service —JAMB by manny4life(m): 9:32am On Dec 20, 2014
So because a dropout named UNN as his school (unconfirmed), that means shame to UNN? Wonderful... You learn something new everyday. It's like the Yahoozee guys from different countries, when they are caught and they call Nigeria, how do you guys feel? For all I know, he could have mentioned any school but then again, our so-called graduates are bereft of logical reasoning. If after an investigation and it's found that UNN erred, then your criticism stands. The moral of the story: DON'T ALWAYS jump into conclusion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Varsity Sent 27 Hawkers For Youth Service —JAMB by Nobody: 9:38am On Dec 20, 2014
OrangeDream:
Mumu,we are facing facts and reality here about a daft graduate from your school and you are crying sentimentally here

Dis owo mi da boy, wink leave me alone and go grab a doctor Mr. SE bad news pen(mer)chant wink
Re: Varsity Sent 27 Hawkers For Youth Service —JAMB by Orikinla(m): 9:42am On Dec 20, 2014
icebeatz:
This is sad.
The standard of education in Nigeria is zilch. The elites send their children abroad for the best education and qualification. After which, they come bavk to Nigeria and take up all the juicy spots.
What can you learn in a school like UNN?? or any federal school at that?

How many federal and state schools has championed innovations and researches?

Private schools like convenant and Lagos business school is really wining and doing better than these dilapidated federal school.
Everything in Nigeria needs to be over hauled.

Ps. Follow me on nairaland and I follow back.
I own two of the best studios in lagos. Check out my profile and contact me via email for your next hit.
My producers have given hits to all the A-list artists in Nigeria.

What is this? grin
Comment or advert? angry
Re: Varsity Sent 27 Hawkers For Youth Service —JAMB by ifyalways(f): 9:53am On Dec 20, 2014
He didnt/couldnt name the university(ies) involved in the ratchet but he could single out and shame UNN?

Nice script

1 Like

Re: Varsity Sent 27 Hawkers For Youth Service —JAMB by smk4life(m): 10:14am On Dec 20, 2014
omusiliyu:
This can never happen in France where i'm schooling.

Re: Varsity Sent 27 Hawkers For Youth Service —JAMB by olami100(m): 10:28am On Dec 20, 2014
Well am not suprised all this is happening, to those of you blaming the fault on UNN or thinking that it Is only in UNN you see a graduate that can write down his/her name.. What happen to other schools..they are not excluded from this poo
I have seen student from other private universities who claim they are computer science student but don't know what they call a flash drive.. Am not a UNN student but this problem is universal to both STATE, PRIVATE and FEDERAL UNIversity.

1 Like

Re: Varsity Sent 27 Hawkers For Youth Service —JAMB by iyatrustee(f): 10:38am On Dec 20, 2014
akatekpe:
you must be from that same University,cos Comprehension is your problem. Didn't you read the line that said the guy posted to JAMB was asked which University he schooled? And he said " na UNN"

Hey! Did you read the first paragraph at all?

The UNN guy was another guy who was already serving with JAMB and was used to buttress the fact the Jamb registrar was making.

Next time u have a different opinion on an issue, you pass ur message across in a matured way. Not everyone here is a kid.
Re: Varsity Sent 27 Hawkers For Youth Service —JAMB by aspirebig: 10:39am On Dec 20, 2014
Jamaticulus:
Pls name this varsity...

If you read the article that op posted, you will see 'na UNN" somewhere there.

I hope you understand.

No b me talk am ooo, I no b the op.
Re: Varsity Sent 27 Hawkers For Youth Service —JAMB by Nobody: 10:39am On Dec 20, 2014
Jamaticulus:
Pls name this varsity...

so o, u no see " na UNN" there ba
Re: Varsity Sent 27 Hawkers For Youth Service —JAMB by Jamaticulus(m): 10:43am On Dec 20, 2014
eaccyboy:
read well bros..u no see UNN..dat sch is a useless sch since 1992

Useless....eee weeee
Re: Varsity Sent 27 Hawkers For Youth Service —JAMB by OrlandoOwoh(m): 11:10am On Dec 20, 2014
If you have ever witnessed the filling of forms by corps members in any NYSC orientation camp, you will weep for Nigeria. Some of our universities graduate illiterates.
Re: Varsity Sent 27 Hawkers For Youth Service —JAMB by OrlandoOwoh(m): 11:18am On Dec 20, 2014
manny4life:
So because a dropout named UNN as his school (unconfirmed), that means shame to UNN? Wonderful... You learn something new everyday. It's like the Yahoozee guys from different countries, when they are caught and they call Nigeria, how do you guys feel? For all I know, he could have mentioned any school but then again, our so-called graduates are bereft of logical reasoning. If after an investigation and it's found that UNN erred, then your criticism stands. The moral of the story: DON'T ALWAYS jump into conclusion.
If the authority of UNN feels that the "graduate" didn't graduate from from UNN, the should take JAMB to court.
Re: Varsity Sent 27 Hawkers For Youth Service —JAMB by juman(m): 11:26am On Dec 20, 2014
majekobaje1:
Na 2day what of our presido wife . Diariss God oooo

grin grin grin

One can find some kind of corpers that cannot speak good english across the country.

nigeria is not a good english speaking country.
Re: Varsity Sent 27 Hawkers For Youth Service —JAMB by unmask: 12:07pm On Dec 20, 2014
Sharksblow:
Registrar of the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB), Prof. Dibu Ojerinde, yesterday accused the management of an unnamed tertiary institution of sending the names of over 27 groundnut sellers to his organisation for regularization and mobilisation for the one-year compulsory National Youth Service Corps (NYSC).

The revelation came on the heels of the management of the NYSC accusing the management of tertiary institutions of frustrating full deployment of ICT in the
mobilisation of corps members. Ojerinde, who made the remark at the 2015 Batch ‘A’ Pre-mobilisation Workshop in Abkhaz yesterday, argued that he equally
experienced some frustration from higher institutions and even his board members when he introduced the same biometrics in the conduct of JAMB examination.

“It is good that I have this opportunity to speak to the representatives of the higher institutions. I want to ask whether this trend of mobilising unqualified prospective corps members into the NYSC scheme was this how you were mobilised during your own days.?

“There is a university where over 5,000 graduates were mobilised. We have to make a commitment to sanitise the system by doing the appropriate thing. There were 27 persons a particular institution mobilised for NYSC selling ‘pepper nut’ or groundnut in front of the university.

“A corps member was posted to JAMB to serve, the director under which he would serve said he could not write his name. We wondered how could that be and invited him to my office, asked him which university he attended, he simply replied ‘na UNN. I called the NYSC coordinator in Bwari to come and take your thing because I know he is not a corps member,” he said.

Similarly, the Director General of the NYSC, Brig General J. B. Olawumi, in his opening remarks, accused some CPIs of not living up to the agreement of appropriately sensitising their graduating students on the benefits of the newly introduced ICT registration platform.

sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=96169
what is this man saying? A groundnut seller can't go to uni?
Re: Varsity Sent 27 Hawkers For Youth Service —JAMB by Nobody: 12:17pm On Dec 20, 2014
cdocdathrilla:
dis one is jst an ignorant idiot. Have u ever been 2 Unn.. have u ever tested your intellect wit dat of a Unn graduate? Pls get proper information
you pple should just keep shut o jare, we all know that Eastern Universities suck,s. Compare ur schools to Unilag,UI,FUNAAB,Covenant,Babcock,OAU etc. u sucks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

NYSC: Which State/Year Did You Serve? / Lack Of Job: Ex-Female Corper Cries Out On Facebook After NYSC (Video) / NYSC Speaks On #4000 Fee For Printing Call-up Letters.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.