Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,393 members, 7,812,157 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:11 AM

Penned By A Fogged Mind[a Short Story]. - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Penned By A Fogged Mind[a Short Story]. (2266 Views)

The Murder Case- A short story / The Blame Switch - A Short Story / Life's Symphony: A Short Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Penned By A Fogged Mind[a Short Story]. by Badgers14: 4:46pm On Jan 02, 2015
What an interesting story, keep the fire burning Sir. You will surely achieve your heart desire, it wont be easy but it is possible. Good luck with your future endeavors
Re: Penned By A Fogged Mind[a Short Story]. by hillsnite(m): 6:17am On Jan 03, 2015
Badgers14:
What an interesting story, keep the fire burning Sir. You will surely achieve your heart desire, it wont be easy but it is possible. Good luck with your future endeavors
thanks sir.. really means a lot.
Re: Penned By A Fogged Mind[a Short Story]. by hillsnite(m): 5:29pm On Jan 03, 2015
Well it has been six month after that faithful Friday gathering, I could see it myself that I had became a different person, I was not staying out late like i use to (common 11pm was an improvement), I returned back home, like the prodigal son did with my tails between my buttocks, though I was still stealing from Iya shakirat and her daughters honey pot(don't ask me what this is), but it was at a reduced rate (I taste them all just once in a month, that was a big adjustment I tell you). Well it was about this time that I decided to return to school, I had purchase gce form and enrolled into an exam tutorial(I stopped half way, because I wasn’t getting the knowledge I had hope to), the closure between Sandra and I was becoming incredible (we virtually spend all Sundays together), so was her IT drawing to a close. It was on our last Sunday together before she returned to school and about a week to my examination. When she dropped the bomb! It was indeed a big shock! She revealed to me that... “she was betrothed to someone else(a politician’s son or so), but she was falling in love with me, I wouldn’t say I haven’t been having the same thought myself, while there, under the serenity that is synonymous with harmattan Sundays, we shared our first kiss, I knew deep within me, something was let loose, and I was not ready to let go of this heaven sent angel sitting next to me.
Life went on as usual, I wrote my gce, made two distinctions and the rest were credit, I wrote jamb the year after that which I made and gained admission into the prestigious university of Lagos to study civil engineering (before I forget I was previously an art student, but during my soul-searching period I discovered I had the passion to be a science student and was bound to be better than i previous was. It was tough, especially physics and chemistry but it was God’s grace and discipline that saw me through). Meanwhile Sandra was already serving when I just resumed my year one. Well academically all through my stay in the university I was very ok, while maybe more than a little ok, because I graduated with one of the best rest in my faculty, financially, it sorted itself out(I was a scholar throughout my stay, how? You may ask, well I studied smart!). I know, I know there’s one issue on your mind, which you're wondering how it all turned out? Sandra…
Well, life is not a fairy tale, and they lived happily ever after! All that charade (anyway my case wasn’t like that). Sandra got married two year after my admission, we remained friends, well some dreams don’t just come true, not because you didn’t try, but just because it wasn’t meant to be.
well in my case I will say, just because better things where on the way...
Re: Penned By A Fogged Mind[a Short Story]. by rapmike(m): 7:36pm On Jan 03, 2015
Eyah, that hurt sha.

Well done, but maybe you can use more paragraphs. The story looks clumped up most of the time.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Prevention, Better Than Cure! Check Out This Wise Qoutes [photo] / the Gate Man's Diary / The Adventures Of Jade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.