Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,807 members, 7,820,833 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:48 PM

Genuine Reasons We Don't Need Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Genuine Reasons We Don't Need Buhari (1015 Views)

Do We Really Need Buhari's Appointment? / Why We Dont Need Buhari Now And Maybe Later. / Why Nigerians Need Buhari Again! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Genuine Reasons We Don't Need Buhari by IDEApro(m): 9:02am On Dec 20, 2014
We are yet again in the days of electioneering campaigns into elective offices and while some office holders want to consolidate others are seeking out fresh mandate to lead. Among the politicians seeking to consolidate is our able and dynamic president Goodkuck Ebele Jonathan against a perpetual contender, Mahmoud Buhari.

The question we need to ask ourselves is that is there really a vacancy at the central seat of power and my answer to that rhetorical question is No.

Why?

Because there is a 'person' already on the throne that need to consolidate on his achievements.

The office of the President is a decorated office any person who can read and write with the right mental capacity will handle. Even an intelligent youngster will do the tricks since it involves taking decision on the collective advice of professionals. Executive office is a mere ceremonial symbol.

That's said. President Good luck Jonathan have the best economic team any president can assemble in the world. Men and women tasted in macroeconomics and its dynamics. People versed in fiscal policies and leakages and I ask... where will Buhari import his own economic team to rival these hands or has he become an economic expert overnight?

In terms of security, GEJ has followed the constitutional provisions to elevate military personnel and empowered them to discharge their duties. He do held meetings to fine tune their strategies and approach... What is Buhari going to do differently? Go to War leading the troop?

This administration has done more on infrastructure development than previous administration having coupled and galvanized the best technocrats, professionals to handle this end. Can Buhari engage technocrats in an intelligent discussions marshalling out the best way forward or he would be saddled with their professional advices?

Honestly except we want a change of person at the office, Buhari will not do anything different. He is economically bankrupt and lacks the intelligence to effect a change. Aso rock is still occupied by a well educated and intelligent fellow and we don't need Buhari to distort our economic transition.

1 Like

Re: Genuine Reasons We Don't Need Buhari by aristocrazzy: 9:05am On Dec 20, 2014
This is Sh*t
About to open a thread on genuine reasons we need Buhari.
Re: Genuine Reasons We Don't Need Buhari by CrazyScientist: 9:06am On Dec 20, 2014
we are tired of reasons, reasons and reasons, everyone should kindly get their PVC and vote for your choice in the 2015 elections.

yes am talking to you PDP & APC sadists!!! angry

2 Likes

Re: Genuine Reasons We Don't Need Buhari by ogb5(m): 9:07am On Dec 20, 2014
IDEApro:
We are yet again in the days of electioneering campaigns into elective offices and while some office holders want to consolidate others are seeking out fresh mandate to lead. Among the politicians seeking to consolidate is our able and dynamic president Goodkuck Ebele Jonathan against a perpetual contender, Mahmoud Buhari.

The question we need to ask ourselves is that is there really a vacancy at the central seat of power and my answer to that rhetorical question is No.

Why?

Because there is a 'person' already on the throne that need to consolidate on his achievements.

The office of the President is a decorated office any person who can read and write with the right mental capacity will handle. Even an intelligent youngster will do the tricks since it involves taking decision on the collective advice of professionals. Executive office is a mere ceremonial symbol.

That's said. President Good luck Jonathan have the best economic team any president can assemble in the world. Men and women tasted in macroeconomics and its dynamics. People versed in fiscal policies and leakages and I ask... where will Buhari import his own economic team to rival this hands or has he become an economic expert overnight?

In terms of security, GEJ has followed the constitutional provisions to elevate military personnel and empowered them to discharge their duties. He do held meetings to fine tune their strategies and approach... What is Buhari going to do differently? Go to War leading the troop?

This administration has done more on infrastructure development than previous administration having coupled and galvanized the best technocrats, professionals to handle this end. Can Buhari engage technocrats in intelligent discussions marshalling out the best way forward or he would saddled with their professional advices?

Honestly except we want a change of person at the office, Buhari will not do anything different. He is economically bankrupt and lacks the intelligence to effect a change. Aso rock is still occupied by a well educated and intelligent fellow and we don't need Buhari to distort our economic transition.

As for me I do not need a Buhari to distort the economic policies of the government. We are currently making economic progress, will not trade that for anything. Those routing for Buhari are simply thinking Boko Haram will lay down their arms with Buhari in power since he is one of their own, they forget that will be submitting to blackmail and more blackmailers will come along with their own scheme.

1 Like

Re: Genuine Reasons We Don't Need Buhari by ogb5(m): 9:10am On Dec 20, 2014
aristocrazzy:
This is Sh*t
About to open a thread on genuine reasons we need Buhari.

looking forward to it. Will it not be the same fighting "kwuoruption"
Re: Genuine Reasons We Don't Need Buhari by IDEApro(m): 9:13am On Dec 20, 2014
ogb5:

As for me I do not need a Buhari to distort the economic policies of the government. We are currently making economic progress, will not trade that for anything. Those routing for Buhari are simply thinking Boko Haram will lay down their arms with Buhari in power since he is one of their own, they forget that will be submitting to blackmail and more blackmailers will come along with their own scheme.

Honestly I don't know what Buhari will do differently. He is unintelligent to lead technocrats and economists as the head implementing their decisions.
Re: Genuine Reasons We Don't Need Buhari by yuncka: 9:24am On Dec 20, 2014
This looks more like a genuine reason we should kick out GEJ.

U talk of an economy where our naira is totally heading to useless in foreign exchange.
Before his assumed office, our petrol was purchase at N55, now say for Urself how much U buy it. Even after the subsidy removal, he promised to reverse it....till now we r paying over than before.

U talk of security because U r typing from a fortress, what of the common man? Have Ur president been able to silence bokoharam?

So much strike action, organisations that don't go on strike before have now started strike actions.

We need change in Nigeria, unless U wana stay another 4yrs in ddarkness and steady sky rocketting of corruption and looting.

As for me, I will vote anyother party for change to occur. And if Buhari is the candidate of the onlyy party that can challenge PDP, then I will vote for him.
Re: Genuine Reasons We Don't Need Buhari by theM16: 9:26am On Dec 20, 2014
Some pple on nl dey try o. Cos I wonder ow easy it is to type such a long trash. M sure u were not busy monday to friday...
U said security n u dull head still had guts to say Jonathan elevated military power and personnel. I give up on u. If u can say that, there is nothing else u can say to prove u r sane

Lmao @ best economic team, okonjo that told us she earns more as a staff of world bank... Than a minister in Nigeria. And d country was always in financial trouble even with debt relief, subsidy savings, d new salary scheme and all!!! U r a clown mr.
Can u pray future b run same way this Jonathans best team r runnin naija

1 Like

Re: Genuine Reasons We Don't Need Buhari by theM16: 9:29am On Dec 20, 2014
IDEApro:

Stop being paranoid. Buhari knows only gun and Koran. He is not versed in economic dynamics.
Jonathan knows so much about economy yet he has to ask one minister or the other anytim e is asked ?s . E is never sure...Op its too early to b silly. Get smtin to do

1 Like

Re: Genuine Reasons We Don't Need Buhari by blasterman(m): 9:31am On Dec 20, 2014
Abeg during Oputa Panel when they asked Buhari and IBB to come and defend atrocities levied against them all in the name of reconciliation and truth. Where were they, they did not come out. Now that money and ower is at stake they are coming out.

IBB didn't answer to his case neither did Buhari claming they were to big

If u really want change vote ncp
Re: Genuine Reasons We Don't Need Buhari by IDEApro(m): 9:38am On Dec 20, 2014
theM16:

Jonathan knows so much about economy yet he has to ask one minister or the other anytim e is asked ?s. E is never sure...Op its too early to b silly. Get smtin to do

If you actually read the op, then this post of yours is useless.
Re: Genuine Reasons We Don't Need Buhari by theM16: 9:43am On Dec 20, 2014
IDEApro:

If you actually read the op, then this post of yours is useless.

If u actually relate d post I quoted then ur comment wnt b necessary

1 Like

Re: Genuine Reasons We Don't Need Buhari by Nobody: 9:47am On Dec 20, 2014
Buhari will not implement the following

Resource control

Fiscal federalism

Political federalism

Privatization

Decentralization of Nigeria

Restructuring of Nigeria.
Re: Genuine Reasons We Don't Need Buhari by temitemi1(m): 9:51am On Dec 20, 2014
Buhari go and die in osho voice grin grin... GEJ still rulling Nigeria till 2019, so buhari back off!!!
Re: Genuine Reasons We Don't Need Buhari by IDEApro(m): 10:01am On Dec 20, 2014
yuncka:
This looks more like a genuine reason we should kick out GEJ.

U talk of an economy where our naira is totally heading to useless in foreign exchange.
Before his assumed office, our petrol was purchase at N55, now say for Urself how much U buy it. Even after the subsidy removal, he promised to reverse it....till now we r paying over than before.

U talk of security because U r typing from a fortress, what of the common man? Have Ur president been able to silence bokoharam?

So much strike action, organisations that don't go on strike before have now started strike actions.

We need change in Nigeria, unless U wana stay another 4yrs in ddarkness and steady sky rocketting of corruption and looting.

As for me, I will vote anyother party for change to occur. And if Buhari is the candidate of the onlyy party that can challenge PDP, then I will vote for him.

Economic policies are usually long term tailored to cushion the effect of undue inflation.

The present administration under the supervision of Okonjo Iwella of the economic team has implemented economic policies that will guarantee a strong economy and drive towards development.

Nigeria is an consumption economy and therefore economists devote strategies on injection rather than leakages. Since Nigeria runs a mono economy coupled with its leakage functions, its economy is always determined by the price of oil and a slope away from equilibrium will bring a downward turn in economic activities and fiscal policies. For the first time in decades, this is the first time a budget is made outside of oil benchmark.

Another problem with our economy is the depletion of foreign reserve to make the naira strong. Foreign reserve earnings as balance of payment are not always repatriated to be injected in the economy rather they are stashed away in foreign banks and that's why we buy the dollar at a premium to lend to businesses who never inject the proceeds. NOI is doing some macroeconomic analysis to cushion that leakages.

Tell me, in all of this measures what would have Buhari done differently?
Re: Genuine Reasons We Don't Need Buhari by Nobody: 10:04am On Dec 20, 2014
Gosh, this is dumb!

(1) (Reply)

An Incumbent President Has Never Lost In The History Of Nigerian Politics / I Didn’t Endorse Any Candidate – Soyinka / Are You From Nkanu East/west.Then u must hear this

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.