Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,926 members, 7,814,117 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:06 AM

The True Fact Of Nairaland Sports Section - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The True Fact Of Nairaland Sports Section (861 Views)

*~ Marutimon Voted Sports Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations! / Let's Nigerianize The Nairaland Sports Section / Nairaland Rules, The Sports Section & European Football Club Threads: A Must-Read (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The True Fact Of Nairaland Sports Section by princekevo(m): 6:38am On Dec 09, 2008
After a hectic day at work i always find myself back home on nairaland. That is wht completes my day, Knowing wht exactly goes on in Nigeria there and in Africa atlarge. But it's unfortunate abt wht goes on at the sport section,i dont know if anyone has noticed that?
Sorry to say it's so bad that u can hardly see any news or topic about Nigerian sports or even read anything about Nigerian league. The topic u will always see there are;the Gunners News, Manchester vs Asenal,Chelsea vs Liverpool,Poutmouth supporter raise up ur head,Where are the bacars,etc.
Is that not a bad thing that we can hardly read anything about Kano pillers,Pepsi academy,Iwuayanwu nationals,Enyimba not even anything about african champions league? Or does it means there are no news or events on those thread?
[/color][color=#990000]
Re: The True Fact Of Nairaland Sports Section by ayusman16(m): 8:44am On Dec 09, 2008
What news do u want to hear about Naija Football apart from the beating of referees, match fixings, age falsification and boring football games that would make spectators fall asleep knowing fully well that there's a winner before the blast of the whistle. Nothing dey for Naija football

1 Like

Re: The True Fact Of Nairaland Sports Section by Cristalz(f): 11:13am On Dec 09, 2008
@poster

Nobody has said you shouldn't start a thread on any Nigerian team of your choice if you want to. By all means create one and watch for responses.

The threads here were created by people with interest in these leagues/teams. Lets not forget too that we've also got a lot of Nigerians in these foreign teams. So if you love Kano Pillars,by all means,create a thread. Simple grin

As for AFCON, there is always a main thread on it whenever it is on, as well as other threads based on the same event.

Sorry you feel this way though. Remember you can do something about it. . .create a thread on whichever team you please. Its a free forum wink
Re: The True Fact Of Nairaland Sports Section by Nobody: 12:16pm On Dec 09, 2008
Apparently, the starter of this thread:
isn't aware of how rubbish the NPL is,
isn't aware of how matches are fixed before they are started,
isn't aware of how home fans intimidate visiting players and referees if the host club officials can't succeed in fixing the game,
isn't aware of how poorly the clubs are run,
isn't aware of how the clubs cannot even have basic facilities for training and transport
isn't aware how poor matched look on TV,
isn't aware that even local TV is reluctant to transmit those matches,
isn't aware that there is a NFF(or whatever they are called) that doesn't care about elevating the level of the NPL
isn't aware jackasses in the NFF only care about money.

So when you realise all that,you can't blame us here for looking elsewhere for better services.
And Europe does just that.
If your looking for mediocrity,utter rubbish,then check the Nigerian Football League.
You can't blame us here for focussing on where the action is good.Our own people have killed what was once a good league,and you want us to pay attention to something that is stinking of corruption.I have no time for such,and I believe that most nairalanders belive same.I work hard everyday,and the Premiership,La Liga,Championnat,Serie A,Bundesliga,Eredivisie.etc give me much pleasure and relaxation than a match-fixed league filled with corrupt and inept officials.
Re: The True Fact Of Nairaland Sports Section by tosinadeda: 12:31pm On Dec 09, 2008
@poster
e no hard
start ya own simple

or simply visit the music section more wink
its nigerian there cool
Re: The True Fact Of Nairaland Sports Section by mykali(m): 6:15pm On Dec 09, 2008
me, nigerian league? no 4kin way. angry
Re: The True Fact Of Nairaland Sports Section by princekevo(m): 7:18pm On Dec 09, 2008
grin grin smileyHmmm, U guys all jst left me with no comment.
Re: The True Fact Of Nairaland Sports Section by tosinadeda: 7:55pm On Dec 09, 2008
I say come music section
Re: The True Fact Of Nairaland Sports Section by dayokanu(m): 8:20pm On Dec 09, 2008
The same reason you prefer a foreign car

The same reaon you use a cell phone

The same reason you wear foreign attires instead of Ankara.

The same reason you have a TV

The same reason you use items made in foreign lands
Re: The True Fact Of Nairaland Sports Section by tosinadeda: 9:35pm On Dec 09, 2008
And d same reason u use foreign condoms!
Re: The True Fact Of Nairaland Sports Section by Nobody: 6:06pm On Dec 10, 2008
I'm also not a fan of Nigerian league, infact I hate it to the extent that I tune on anytime I switch to Supersports and they are embarassing Nigeria, oh sorry they are showing Nigerian league.

However I like to monitor the performance of Nigerian players in Europe, but NL sports section fails in this regard as well. Ghanaweb discusses Nigerian foreign players more than Nigerians in NL, so the only reason I go to ghanaweb is to get fresh news on Nigerian players in Europe.
Re: The True Fact Of Nairaland Sports Section by Cristalz(f): 6:11pm On Dec 10, 2008
Point noted Jarus. Thanks. We'll work on it ASAP wink
Re: The True Fact Of Nairaland Sports Section by Seun(m): 6:20pm On Dec 10, 2008
Yeah, can we create a long-running thread for every single Nigerian player abroad and update each one regularly?
Re: The True Fact Of Nairaland Sports Section by Nobody: 8:38pm On Dec 10, 2008
Seun:

Yeah, can we create a long-running thread for every single Nigerian player abroad and update each one regularly?
Starting the thread is not the problem really, but sustaining the thread. Many sports analysts in NL will not be interested in contributing to those threads, and the threads will 'extinct' just after two days.
For example i read about Mikel's performance in Chelsea V Cluj here http://discussions.ghanaweb.com/viewtopic.php?t=94510&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Re: The True Fact Of Nairaland Sports Section by lailai2(m): 11:14pm On Dec 10, 2008
NL is a place for peeps with common interest, u can always start your nigerian league thread but like jarus said, how many peeps will be interested
so the problem is why the lack of interest, thats a question everybody knows the answer too. . , so till the problem's solved

on the other hand, we can start a thread on nigeria league to provide comic relief. . , . i'm sure that will be popular
Re: The True Fact Of Nairaland Sports Section by princekevo(m): 1:19pm On Dec 11, 2008
Jarus:

I'm also not a fan of Nigerian league, infact I hate it to the extent that I tune on anytime I switch to Supersports and they are embarassing Nigeria, oh sorry they are showing Nigerian league.

However I like to monitor the performance of Nigerian players in Europe, but NL sports section fails in this regard as well. Ghanaweb discusses Nigerian foreign players more than Nigerians in NL, so the only reason I go to ghanaweb is to get fresh news on Nigerian players in Europe.

i think u got an idea of wht i mean.Atleast we should we should have a thread for the updates of Nigerian players abroad and their performance. when i also visited ghana wed sports section i see them even analysiing our individual players abroad more than we do on naira land sports section.
Re: The True Fact Of Nairaland Sports Section by dominique(f): 1:28pm On Dec 11, 2008
believe it or not, there's a thread on NPL, just cant seem to find it. give me a sec to find it, maybe its been moved to page 42 tongue.
Re: The True Fact Of Nairaland Sports Section by princekevo(m): 1:52pm On Dec 11, 2008
ok thanks.
Re: The True Fact Of Nairaland Sports Section by ow11(m): 5:01pm On Dec 12, 2008
The politics section is bubbling but for some reason NLanders aren't keen on discussing the exploits of Nigerian players abroad or the very boring Nigerian league.
Re: The True Fact Of Nairaland Sports Section by tck2000(m): 11:12pm On May 30, 2019

(1) (Reply)

U17 Final - Nigeria Vs Switzerland Pre Match Commentary (let The Party Begin) / Eagles Lose Again! / Oruma Finally Hangs Boot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.