Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,544 members, 7,823,387 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:34 AM

Was Solomon Saved? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Was Solomon Saved? (2920 Views)

Was Solomon Truly The Wisest Man On Earth? / Why Is Songs Of Solomon Always Exempted From Church Teachings ? / Was King Solomon Saved? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Was Solomon Saved? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:22pm On Dec 20, 2014
Was Solomon saved? Did he end up in heaven or hell? Did Solomon lose his salvation late in his life?
Re: Was Solomon Saved? by lomprico(m): 5:40pm On Dec 20, 2014
Saved from what? Std?

2 Likes

Re: Was Solomon Saved? by ooman(m): 5:41pm On Dec 20, 2014
Solomon died an agnostic.
Re: Was Solomon Saved? by CAPTIVATOR: 5:46pm On Dec 20, 2014
Scripture NEVER said David and Solomon go to heaven when they die !!! Many years after they have been buried , Christ Came And Said :

" NO MAN has ever been to heaven " joh 3:13 !!!

" NO MAN has ever been to heaven" Joh 3:13 !

that debunks any notion of them been in heaven b4 christ !

shortly after Christ has went back to heaven .... We are informed that King David is still in the Grave ( Act 2:29,34) !!!

" for There is no work nor knowledge nor wisdon in the GRAVE .... WHERE you are going" Ecc 9:5,10 !!
Re: Was Solomon Saved? by Longstride: 5:48pm On Dec 20, 2014
let me get this straight...
Solomon had supernatural wisdom.

Solomon had first hand contact with god..god even gave him a gift of hundred extra IQ points. ...so he definitely knew god existed and was the most high.

Finally, Solomon with all his wisdom, turns away from god and worships idols.

Even the dumbest person should see that something is very off here undecided

2 Likes

Re: Was Solomon Saved? by ooman(m): 5:50pm On Dec 20, 2014
Longstride:

Solomon had first hand contact with god..god even gave him a gift of hundred extra IQ points. ...so he definitely knew god existed and was the most high.

True. Solomon kind of influenced my thought, I must admit.
Re: Was Solomon Saved? by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:03pm On Dec 20, 2014
ooman:

True. Solomon kind of influenced my thought, I must admit.

How?
Re: Was Solomon Saved? by Nobody: 8:23pm On Dec 20, 2014
Gotquestions.org. They said solomon went to heaven despite his last minute backsliding and idol worship which means backsliders can also make it to heaven with their current state.
I used to like this site but when i came across their teachings on eternal security that a believer can never lose his salvation no matter their sin. I just had to maintain the view that it is one of those satanic websites hiding under a christian facade
Re: Was Solomon Saved? by Nobody: 8:26pm On Dec 20, 2014
Longstride:

ure right. the Lord in ezekiel 18 says when a righteous man turns away from right living and commits sin (idol worship as in the case of solomon) he shall die and those right things he did wont be mention to him but he shall die in his sin. That is the case of solomon.
Re: Was Solomon Saved? by Longstride: 8:34pm On Dec 20, 2014
ProphetUdeme:
ure right. the Lord in ezekiel 18 says when a righteous man turns away from right living and commits sin (idol worship as in the case of solomon) he shall die and those right things he did wont be mention to him but he shall die in his sin. That is the case of solomon.

ugh ... Let me break it down.
My point was that Solomon, being extra-intelligent, should have been wise enough to know that turning away from god wouldn't benefit him.

2 Likes

Re: Was Solomon Saved? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Dec 20, 2014
Longstride:

ugh ... Let me break it down.
My point was that Solomon, being extra-intelligent, should have been wise enough to know that turning away from god wouldn't benefit him.

the bible said but king solomon loved many strange women and he married the daughters of moab and ammonites whom the Lord had commanded that they should not go into them for they shall surely turn away ur hearts but solomon claved unto these in love and his heart was no more perfect with Jehovah his God and he bowed and made sacrifices to chemosh the god of the moabites and milcom the abomination of the amonites.
The women he married against God's commandment had lured and seduced him and God took away the anointing of wisdom He gave him and turned him to a reprobate and thats how his tragic end came.

1 Like

Re: Was Solomon Saved? by ooman(m): 9:14pm On Dec 20, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

How?

The wisest man in the bible dropped yahweh, why shouldnt I?

3 Likes

Re: Was Solomon Saved? by Image123(m): 9:51pm On Dec 20, 2014
Yes, i hope so. Also, i think he wrote ecclesiastics after repenting from his backsliding.
Re: Was Solomon Saved? by twosquare(m): 11:27pm On Dec 20, 2014
Solomon repented at the latter end of his life and in his book Ecclesiates, he said "vanity upon vanity". With all the moabites wives and every pleasure...wisdom still found a way to save him...at the end of it all he said, "Let us hear the conclusion of the whole
matter: Fear God, and keep his
commandments: for this is the whole
duty of man...For God shall bring every work into
judgment, with every secret thing,
whether it be good, or whether it be
evil."

4 Likes

Re: Was Solomon Saved? by CAPTIVATOR: 1:52pm On Dec 21, 2014
Image123:
Yes, i hope so. Also, i think he wrote ecclesiastics after repenting from his backsliding.

Was the book of Ecclesiastes Inpired by God ??
Re: Was Solomon Saved? by CAPTIVATOR: 1:52pm On Dec 21, 2014
Image123:

Was the book of Ecclesiastes Inspired by God ?
Re: Was Solomon Saved? by Goshen360(m): 2:22pm On Dec 21, 2014
ProphetUdeme:
Gotquestions.org. They said solomon went to heaven despite his last minute backsliding and idol worship which means backsliders can also make it to heaven with their current state.
I used to like this site but when i came across their teachings on eternal security that a believer can never lose his salvation no matter their sin. I just had to maintain the view that it is one of those satanic websites hiding under a christian facade

First, I don't do sites but the plain truth of God's word. I don't also hold the teaching of OSAS with the one exception of apostasy. Anything else, sin cannot unborn-again a Christian. You need to understand the finished works of the Master to understand that your own sin cannot undo what Christ did for you.

2. Christ is greater and better than Solomon. We're to follow, not OT heroes.

1 Like

Re: Was Solomon Saved? by Goshen360(m): 2:24pm On Dec 21, 2014
ProphetUdeme:

Why do you keep looking at righteousness as works and not as gift. Don't you know the difference in righteousness by works and righteousness by faith which is a gift of God?
Re: Was Solomon Saved? by Goshen360(m): 2:34pm On Dec 21, 2014
OLAADEGBU:
Was Solomon saved? Did he end up in heaven or hell? Did Solomon lose his salvation late in his life?

- http://www.gotquestions.org/was-Solomon-saved.html

I have told you many times as a brother to quit following\copying from this site, they will always make contradictory statements\teachings and that will always put you in confusion most times.

1 Like

Re: Was Solomon Saved? by Image123(m): 8:04pm On Dec 21, 2014
CAPTIVATOR:

Was the book of Ecclesiastes Inpired by God ??
Yes.
Re: Was Solomon Saved? by CAPTIVATOR: 8:31pm On Dec 21, 2014
Image123:

Yes.

Okay ........... What do u tink about Ecclesiastes 9:5 ?
Re: Was Solomon Saved? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:00am On Dec 22, 2014
CAPTIVATOR:

You have to read it in it's context. Solomon was speaking from the perspective of a natural man using his natural senses. You don't just take one verse of the Scripture and make a doctrine out of it. You have to compare Scripture with Scriptures as it gives you the big picture.
Re: Was Solomon Saved? by CAPTIVATOR: 8:17am On Dec 22, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

You have to read it in it's context. Solomon was speaking from the perspective of a natural man using his natural senses. You don't just take one verse of the Scripture and make a doctrine out of it. You have to compare Scripture with Scriptures as it gives you the big picture.
!!

Did God inpsire the book of Ecclesiastes ?? YES !

Now lets read in its context !! " the living know that they will die" !!! TRUE OR FALSE ?? If this is True , it automatically prove the concluding statement as a fact !!
Re: Was Solomon Saved? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:23pm On Dec 22, 2014
CAPTIVATOR:
!!

Now lets read in its context !! " the living know that they will die" !!! TRUE OR FALSE ?? If this is True , it automatically prove the concluding statement as a fact !!

That is a fact to the natural man. A fact is different from the truth. The spiritual man is not limited to facts, he knows the truth of the whole matter.

1 Like

Re: Was Solomon Saved? by CAPTIVATOR: 2:29pm On Dec 22, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

That is a fact to the natural man. A fact is different from the truth. The spiritual man is not limited to facts, he knows the truth of the whole matter.

Anyway, am not askin for the definition of truth and fact !!

,if a statement of d context is truth, others are truth too ! Once Again .... " the living know that they will die ... " Truth Or False ?
Re: Was Solomon Saved? by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:30pm On Dec 22, 2014
CAPTIVATOR:

,if a statement of d context is truth, others are truth too ! Once Again .... " the living know that they will die ... " Truth Or False ?

Fact! cool
Re: Was Solomon Saved? by CAPTIVATOR: 2:32pm On Dec 22, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

,if a statement of d context is found as truth , it clearly shows others are also truth ! Once Again .... " the living know that they will die ... " Truth Or False ?
Re: Was Solomon Saved? by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:49pm On Dec 22, 2014
CAPTIVATOR:
!!

The probability that those born 200 years ago are all dead would be 100%, so the living definitely know that they will die, except the living caught up in the rapture.

The verse goes on to say that the "dead know not" and this does not mean that there is no consciousness after death, it only means that nothing more can be done to earn heavenly rewards. The greatest men are forgotten after they die, don't they?
Re: Was Solomon Saved? by CAPTIVATOR: 4:13pm On Dec 22, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

The probability that those born 200 years ago are all dead would be 100%, so the living definitely know that they will die, except the living caught up in the rapture.

The verse goes on to say that the "dead know not" and this does not mean that there is no consciousness after death, it only means that nothing more can be done to earn heavenly rewards. The greatest men are forgotten after they die, don't they?
!!
From ur explanation .. U said " this doesnt mean there is no consciousness after death" !!

Back to the text !

THE LIVING = Know that they will die ( this clearly shows they are conscious coz dey know) !

THE DEAD = Know NOTHING at all ( this clearly shows they are conscious of Nothing at all ) !! .

Consider solomon : 1 king 11:43 says

" then Solomon was laid to REST with his forefathers and was buried in the city of David" !! NO ADDITIONAL HERESY OF CONSCIOUSNESS IN HEAVEN!
Re: Was Solomon Saved? by Image123(m): 5:10pm On Dec 22, 2014
CAPTIVATOR:
!!
From ur explanation .. U said " this doesnt mean there is no consciousness after death" !!
Back to the text !
THE LIVING = Know that they will die ( this clearly shows they are conscious coz dey know) !
THE DEAD = Know NOTHING at all ( this clearly shows they are conscious of Nothing at all ) !! .
Consider solomon : 1 king 11:43 says
" then Solomon was laid to REST with his forefathers and was buried in the city of David" !! NO ADDITIONAL HERESY OF CONSCIOUSNESS IN HEAVEN!
CAPTIVATOR:

i think it is the inspired Word of God.

Ecc 9:5 For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.
Joh 11:26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

The context of Ecclesiastes is UNDER THE SUN. Under the Sun referring to this earth.
Re: Was Solomon Saved? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:55am On Dec 25, 2014
Image123:

Ecc 9:5 For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.
Joh 11:26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

The context of Ecclesiastes is UNDER THE SUN. Under the Sun referring to this earth.

Good response.

1 Like

Re: Was Solomon Saved? by CAPTIVATOR: 12:49pm On Dec 25, 2014
Image123:

!!!
It clear that it all ends on earth !! " whatever your hand finds to do, do with all your might, for there is no work nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom in the Grave, Where you are going." Ecc 9:5,10 ..

Does it say in heaven where you are going ?? ,

give me proof from the bible dat solomon go to heaven ??

If solomon go to heaven when he dies, as uv been told .... Why did Jesus die,since pple are making heaven without him paying for our sins ??

If solomon go to heaven,why wuld Jesus say " NO MAN has ever ascend to heaven"joh3:13

(1) (2) (Reply)

Atheists In The House, Come In (photo) / What Does This Mean: Spirit,Water And Blood Bear Witness On Earth? / How God Can Fix Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.