Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,360 members, 7,812,017 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:25 AM

11 Words For People Who Hate Certain Things - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 11 Words For People Who Hate Certain Things (1702 Views)

Kaduna University Suspends John Danfulani, Lecturer Over Facebook ‘hate Speech’ / 18 Things People who attended UNILAG can completely relate To / Successful People Who Failed At First (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

11 Words For People Who Hate Certain Things by Enoquin(f): 8:51pm On Dec 20, 2014
So, I got asked this question this evening because my friend thought that as a literary person, I am a walking dictionary. Well, all the answers I gave him didn't satisfy him till I told him, I'd Google it...tongue
The google search led me to a site that I thought would be educative to some.
The initial question was
*What do you call one who hates all forms of arguments?* The answer could either be 8 or 9...although I'd tilt more to No. 9

1. Misodoctakleidist

Someone who hates practicing the piano. See also: Someone who isn't very good at playing the piano.

2. Misocapnist

Don't like smoking? Well, it kills these people. Misocapnists hate tobacco smoke in any form.

3. Misoneist

Misoneists hate novelty, trends, or innovation. You can guess how fun they are at social gatherings.

4. Misopogonist

Someone who hates beards. (Strangely, we haven't found the name for someone who hates mustaches.)

5. Misogelast

Lighten up! Victorian novelist George Meredith coined the term "misogelast" to describe people who hated laughter, or at the very least, considered it low-class or crude.

6. Misogamist

Misogynists hate women. Misandrists hate men. And misogamists hate marriage, no matter who's getting hitched.

7. Nomomisist

Someone who experiences nomomisia, hatred or disgust for a particular name, like Gertrude, Chester, or Kardashian.

8. Misopolemist

Why can't we all just get along? Misopolemists hate war or strife.

9. Misologist

Meanwhile, misologists hate arguments, debates, or enlightening discussions.

10. Misapodysist

Someone who hates undressing in front of others, even a romantic partner.

11. Misophonist

Many of us experience some form of misophonia, an extreme intolerance for certain sounds. Nails on a chalkboard is the ultimate example. Or perhaps it's gum smacking, open-mouthed chewing, crunching on ice, or other sounds regularly heard in public. Ugh.

http://m.mentalfloss.com/article/53608/11-words-people-who-hate-certain-things

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 11 Words For People Who Hate Certain Things by dkronicle(m): 9:29pm On Dec 20, 2014
In france here we dont start it with miso, we start with sexo, puto, sucko and boobso.
Re: 11 Words For People Who Hate Certain Things by prewtyjulie(f): 9:46pm On Dec 20, 2014
Me-i-don-runaway

means dose dat open a thread dat was suppose to enlighten dem bt lives dem more confused dan b4
Re: 11 Words For People Who Hate Certain Things by Enoquin(f): 8:25am On Dec 21, 2014
prewtyjulie:
Me-i-don-runaway

means dose dat open a thread dat was suppose to enlighten dem bt lives dem more confused dan b4

Haba! How did the thread confuse you more? The whole thing is self explanatory. It is even numbered and spaced. If this confused you, then your case na for IFA tongue
Re: 11 Words For People Who Hate Certain Things by Enoquin(f): 8:27am On Dec 21, 2014
dkronicle:
In france here we dont start it with miso, we start with sexo, puto, sucko and boobso.

Of course! I'd forgotten about the french people *rolls eyes*
Re: 11 Words For People Who Hate Certain Things by prewtyjulie(f): 8:41am On Dec 21, 2014
Enoquin:

Haba! How did the thread confuse you more? The whole thing is self explanatory. It is even numbered and spaced. If this confused you, then your case na for IFA tongue

which 1 b IFA
besyds i drop exam biro sum weeks bak, learnin nova hungry me since
Re: 11 Words For People Who Hate Certain Things by Otunbakay(m): 9:42am On Dec 21, 2014
So, I have got to also ask you in the voice of your friend to provide the antonym (at least one) to each of the word you listed above.

Full baked bread is what satisfies me. Thank you for the enlightenment.
Re: 11 Words For People Who Hate Certain Things by Enoquin(f): 9:42am On Dec 21, 2014
prewtyjulie:

which 1 b IFA
besyds i drop exam biro sum weeks bak,
learnin nova hungry me since

You aren't Yoruba so 'Ifa' might not mean anything to you. And I don't want to translate because if you are too much of a religious person, you might not get the joke.

Dropping your pen a few weeks back doesn't mean learning has to stop or has stopped.

For example, if you are the type that likes fashion...you'd be in the fashion thread and check out fashion magazines and watch award shows or fashion shows...because you know that you'd see fashionistas; the ones with good and bad tastes.
When you watch or read anything that is tailored along your line of passion or interest...you are going to learn if not consciously, then unconsciously.

But you should strive to know/learn even outside your interest area. Cheers
Re: 11 Words For People Who Hate Certain Things by prewtyjulie(f): 12:42pm On Dec 21, 2014
Enoquin:

You aren't Yoruba so 'Ifa' might not mean anything to you. And I don't want to translate because if you are too much of a religious person, you might not get the joke.

Dropping your pen a few weeks back doesn't mean learning has to stop or has stopped.

For example, if you are the type that likes fashion...you'd be in the fashion thread and check out fashion magazines and watch award shows or fashion shows...because you know that you'd see fashionistas; the ones with good and bad tastes.
When you watch or read anything that is tailored along your line of passion or interest...you are going to learn if not consciously, then unconsciously.

But you should strive to know/learn even outside your interest area. Cheers

okeyoo
Re: 11 Words For People Who Hate Certain Things by Enoquin(f): 10:14pm On Dec 21, 2014
Double post
Re: 11 Words For People Who Hate Certain Things by Enoquin(f): 10:15pm On Dec 21, 2014
undecided so, I guess I am the only one with a browser. I have given flour and yeast, if you want a full baked bread, then make your bread. You are welcome

Cheers

Otunbakay:
So, I have got to also ask you in the voice of your friend to provide the antonym (at least one) to each of the word you listed above.

Full baked bread is what satisfies me. Thank you for the enlightenment.
Re: 11 Words For People Who Hate Certain Things by Nobody: 11:02pm On Dec 21, 2014
hmmmmmn. interesting.. would like to see a thread on phobias
Re: 11 Words For People Who Hate Certain Things by mesoade(m): 11:37pm On Dec 21, 2014
Hatred is a disease
Re: 11 Words For People Who Hate Certain Things by mesoade(m): 11:40pm On Dec 21, 2014
dkronicle:
most prisoners in france use words like the ones you typed . . Here in paris the words written by the OP are Frequently used.
Re: 11 Words For People Who Hate Certain Things by Enoquin(f): 9:47am On Dec 22, 2014
mesoade:
most prisoners in france use words like the ones you typed . . Here in paris the words written by the OP are Frequently used.

cheesy cheesy
Re: 11 Words For People Who Hate Certain Things by naturefellow(m): 12:38pm On Jan 14, 2015
'Misogynist' is missing from this list.
Re: 11 Words For People Who Hate Certain Things by Enoquin(f): 5:03pm On Jan 14, 2015
naturefellow:
'Misogynist' is missing from this list.

Check no 6. It was lumped into the definition for Misogamist

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

8 / I'm Shy and About To Face A Large Crowd Pls I Need Your Advice /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.