Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

Is It Possible For A Born Again Xtian To Bcom A Successful Lawyer? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Possible For A Born Again Xtian To Bcom A Successful Lawyer? (13192 Views)

Belivers In God,is It A Must For All Born Again Xtian To Speak In Tongue / Is It Right For A Born Again Spirit Filled Christian To Work In These Places?? / Can A Born Again Give A Head During Sex? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Possible For A Born Again Xtian To Bcom A Successful Lawyer? by dhope: 9:09pm On Dec 20, 2014
it really baffles me d way dis profession is being practised considering d way and manner dey tell series of lies to defend their clients in court all to ensure dey win d case for dem. we all know d codes and coducts dt guide xtianity but how can a xtian bcom a successful lawyer in dis dirty world without bearing false witness in court for his/her client?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Possible For A Born Again Xtian To Bcom A Successful Lawyer? by omanifrank(m): 9:15pm On Dec 20, 2014
I will ask my Lawyer friend how he is coping with it...

Commeting via .com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Possible For A Born Again Xtian To Bcom A Successful Lawyer? by SeverusSnape(m): 11:12pm On Dec 20, 2014
every lawyer is a liar....and every lawyer must lie, whether they like it or yes.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Possible For A Born Again Xtian To Bcom A Successful Lawyer? by finofaya: 6:30am On Dec 21, 2014
dhope:
it really baffles me d way dis profession is being practised considering d way and manner dey tell series of lies to defend their clients in court all to ensure dey win d case for dem. we all know d codes and coducts dt guide xtianity but how can a xtian bcom a successful lawyer in dis dirty world without bearing false witness in court for his/her client?

This your OP should be in the career section.

I don't think you've been inside a court room before, judging by the misconception you have about lawyers.

I'm sure you realize that a lawyer can resort to lying only when the facts are not in his/her favour. Therefore, you cannot lie when the facts are in your favour. It is not correct to say that lawyers always lie. You have to choose your clients carefully. A lawyer cannot bear false witness anyway, since it is the litigant who gives evidence.

If you've heard of appeal, you'd know that a lawyer would have to lie his way through at least three different courts and 8 different judges in order to completely win a case. It is difficult to lie your way to total victory in court. Lawyers also depend on their reputations a lot; if you're a known liar, judges tend to be wary of you and it becomes harder to get away with stuff, meaning less success for you.

There are quite a number of lawyers, SAN's even, who are good christians. You have the likes of Ozekhome or Izinyon in this category.

A born again christian lawyer should not define career success in terms of money, instead it should be defined by the positive impact you have on the resolution of particular disputes and on the legal system in general. Generally, any person that sets out to make all of the money would not qualify as a born again christian. Money is said to be the root of all evil.

You don't have to be a trial lawyer. There are so many other options available to you that don't involve advocacy.

A lot of times, litigants think lawyers are telling lies because they fail to grasp that legal requirements for evidence differ from their personal requirements for evidence.

So yes, a born again christian, what ever that means, can be a successful lawyer, just as he can be a successful business man. There is nothing about being a lawyer that requires lying.

79 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Is It Possible For A Born Again Xtian To Bcom A Successful Lawyer? by jonescyras(m): 8:26am On Dec 21, 2014
Could you please name a successful nigerian lawyer who had never lied in the law court?......

This is Nigeria

Even if your clients are innocents and should be favored based on the true-facts that bounds them, a good and a successful lawyer to be must go extra meters to add more salt to the already truth just to make the whole show look more favorable!.......

7 Likes

Re: Is It Possible For A Born Again Xtian To Bcom A Successful Lawyer? by watchthisposter(m): 9:42am On Dec 21, 2014
Well I know of a pastor who is also a lawyer. He says he only accepts cases where he beleives the person is innocent.

Anyway I think as a lawyer if your client comes to you with a bunch of lies and provides his evidence to corroborate that and you repeat his lies in court, you have only spoken the truth to the best of your knowledge. Your client is the one lying.

17 Likes

Re: Is It Possible For A Born Again Xtian To Bcom A Successful Lawyer? by finofaya: 10:09am On Dec 21, 2014
jonescyras:
Could you please name a successful nigerian lawyer who had never lied in the law court?......

This is Nigeria

Even if your clients are innocents and should be favored based on the true-facts that bounds them, a good and a successful lawyer to be must go extra meters to add more salt to the already truth just to make the whole show look more favorable!.......

Lol. Do you have a record of every lie ever told in court? If you were a lawyer, you'd know not to ask a question whose answer you are not prepared for.

Looks like your mind is made up though. That's the only reason why you think somebody who has the truth on his side must still lie.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Possible For A Born Again Xtian To Bcom A Successful Lawyer? by Moderrator: 10:17am On Dec 21, 2014
Will Christians leave law for the heathen and criminals? They will run down the society.
What of soldiers that kill. Thou shall not kill?!

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible For A Born Again Xtian To Bcom A Successful Lawyer? by SuperModerator: 10:17am On Dec 21, 2014
you don't have to lie to win cases, except the person is not innocent

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible For A Born Again Xtian To Bcom A Successful Lawyer? by emmybliz(m): 10:17am On Dec 21, 2014
It depends on the individual
Re: Is It Possible For A Born Again Xtian To Bcom A Successful Lawyer? by IAMGEJ(m): 10:18am On Dec 21, 2014
I think #YES
coz even in the time of christ, there were successful judges.

HAPPY SUNDAY THO.
Re: Is It Possible For A Born Again Xtian To Bcom A Successful Lawyer? by UnknownT: 10:18am On Dec 21, 2014
Buhari's VP should answer better, he 'topped' it by becoming a politician too grin

3 Likes

Re: Is It Possible For A Born Again Xtian To Bcom A Successful Lawyer? by adebisiema(m): 10:19am On Dec 21, 2014
Na who i go ask?
Re: Is It Possible For A Born Again Xtian To Bcom A Successful Lawyer? by emmybliz(m): 10:19am On Dec 21, 2014
Moderrator:
cool A
caught red handed embarassed

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible For A Born Again Xtian To Bcom A Successful Lawyer? by Claroo(m): 10:20am On Dec 21, 2014
Yes....Google Pastor John Bayeisha SAN

2 Likes

Re: Is It Possible For A Born Again Xtian To Bcom A Successful Lawyer? by onadana: 10:20am On Dec 21, 2014
coolI think it is difficult...my wife left practising for an office job because she said it is difficult practising without bending your faith.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Possible For A Born Again Xtian To Bcom A Successful Lawyer? by Khaytunechi: 10:21am On Dec 21, 2014
InFuckingPossible
Re: Is It Possible For A Born Again Xtian To Bcom A Successful Lawyer? by lionduke(m): 10:21am On Dec 21, 2014
check my profile
Re: Is It Possible For A Born Again Xtian To Bcom A Successful Lawyer? by MadCow1: 10:21am On Dec 21, 2014
dhope:

Law isn't about telling lies..

Infact you need to go get better educated on what the legal practice is all about.

Many Nigerians are clueless about the legal practice.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Possible For A Born Again Xtian To Bcom A Successful Lawyer? by Impulse80(m): 10:23am On Dec 21, 2014
Howdy

Re: Is It Possible For A Born Again Xtian To Bcom A Successful Lawyer? by irishCream: 10:23am On Dec 21, 2014
grin cheesy

Lawyers can lie for the world sha...

Taking from the poor to add to the rich undecided
Re: Is It Possible For A Born Again Xtian To Bcom A Successful Lawyer? by akoaki(m): 10:23am On Dec 21, 2014
Not all lawyers go to court. You may be a lawyer and work in the industries, corporate and services sectors of the economy if you think your religious persuasions make it uncomfortable to work in the courts.
Re: Is It Possible For A Born Again Xtian To Bcom A Successful Lawyer? by MadCow1: 10:25am On Dec 21, 2014
finofaya:

I don't think you've been inside a court room before, judging by the misconception you have about lawyers.

I'm sure you realize that a lawyer can resort to lying only when the facts are not in his/her favour. Therefore, you cannot lie when the facts are in your favour. It is not correct to say that lawyers always lie. You have to choose your clients carefully. A lawyer cannot bear false witness anyway, since it is the litigant who gives evidence.

If you've heard of appeal, you'd know that a lawyer would have to lie his way through at least three different courts and 8 different judges in order to completely win a case. It is difficult to lie your way to total victory in court. Lawyers also depend on their reputations a lot; if you're a known liar, judges tend to be wary of you and it becomes harder to get away with stuff, meaning less success for you.

There are quite a number of lawyers, SAN's even, who are good christians. You have the likes of Ozekhome or Izinyon in this category.

A born again christian lawyer should not define career success in terms of money, instead it should be defined by the positive impact you have on the resolution of particular disputes and on the legal system in general. Generally, any person that sets out to make all of the money would not qualify as a born again christian. Money is said to be the root of all evil.

You don't have to be a trial lawyer. There are so many other options available to you that don't involve advocacy.

A lot of times, litigants think lawyers are telling lies because they fail to grasp that legal requirements for evidence differ from their personal requirements for evidence.

So yes, a born again christian, what ever that means, can be a successful lawyer, just as he can be a successful business man. There is nothing about being a lawyer that requires lying.

A Lawyer does not tell lies.. Simple.

They simply try to plead their cases using the requirements and provisions of the law to exonerate their client.

Telling lies in court is perjury and any lawyer that is involved I such would lose their licence to practice.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Possible For A Born Again Xtian To Bcom A Successful Lawyer? by lonelydora: 10:25am On Dec 21, 2014
I doubt
Re: Is It Possible For A Born Again Xtian To Bcom A Successful Lawyer? by lomprico(m): 10:25am On Dec 21, 2014
Who is a born again christian? because in this country there are none. Business men/women will cheat u by inflating prices, civil servants willu add an extra zero to the cheque, pastors will psyche u to gi e them all ur hard earned cash, bankers will deduct ur money for no reason, politicians ( I wont even go there), so op if it is not possible for a lawyer to be a born again likewise no other profession can be.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible For A Born Again Xtian To Bcom A Successful Lawyer? by youngds: 10:25am On Dec 21, 2014
Re: Is It Possible For A Born Again Xtian To Bcom A Successful Lawyer? by watchthisposter(m): 10:26am On Dec 21, 2014
lomprico:
Who is a born again christian? because in this country there are none. Business men/women will cheat u by inflating prices, civil servants willu add an extra zero to the cheque, pastors will psyche u to gi e them all ur hard earned cash, bankers will deduct ur money for no reason, politicians ( I wont even go there), so op if it is not possible for a lawyer to be a born again likewise no other profession can be.

Go deeper life retreat. Them many there

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible For A Born Again Xtian To Bcom A Successful Lawyer? by louiskay(m): 10:27am On Dec 21, 2014
probably possible
Re: Is It Possible For A Born Again Xtian To Bcom A Successful Lawyer? by stanech: 10:27am On Dec 21, 2014
Unlikely but possible
Re: Is It Possible For A Born Again Xtian To Bcom A Successful Lawyer? by veraiyke(m): 10:28am On Dec 21, 2014
finofaya:

logically ur arg follows.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Funny Beliefs We Had As Children / How To Increase Your Faith – By Rev. Kenneth E. Hagin / Sermon By Benson Idahosa Part1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.