Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,970 members, 7,838,459 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 10:27 PM

In Kano: Seven Million Naira For 250 Rams! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / In Kano: Seven Million Naira For 250 Rams! (766 Views)

Do Not Accept Governor Fayose's Food, Rams - Imams Tell Ekiti Muslims / Aregbesola Budgets 18.6 Billion Naira For His Office - Omokri / So Nobody Wants Seven Million Dollars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

In Kano: Seven Million Naira For 250 Rams! by BABASPEAKS(m): 1:42pm On Dec 09, 2008
''BICHI Local Government council in Kano state has distributed goats worth about N7 million to 250 people of the area.''
IT SOUNDS ODD, THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT CAN NOT SAY THAT OKADIGBO IS ALIVE. I GUESS IT IS PART OF HIS MANIFESTOES. POLITICIANS IN RELIGIOUS FRAUD? CONSTITUTIONAL? APPROPRIATE?
Re: In Kano: Seven Million Naira For 250 Rams! by texazzpete(m): 2:16pm On Dec 09, 2008
That boils down to about N28000 per goat. Is that too bad? Not sure how much a goat costs now but i'm sure N28k isn't too crazy.

Not sure why a local Govt council is distributing goats to people sha. Local Govts are meant to use their monies to improve the lot of their people wthrough sustainable development, not handing out goats to select people.
Re: In Kano: Seven Million Naira For 250 Rams! by Jarus(m): 2:27pm On Dec 09, 2008
In a predominantly Muslim LG, distributing rams to people, if fairly done and not cornered by a set of people, I believe, is part of welfare package from the people.

It would have been a different case if the price of the cows had been ridiculously high but N28,000 per ram isn't out of place. Even poor us here bought 13 rams ranging from N18,000 to N22,500 each for the just concluded sallah.
Re: In Kano: Seven Million Naira For 250 Rams! by texazzpete(m): 2:55pm On Dec 09, 2008
Jarus:

In a predominantly Muslim LG, distributing rams to people, if fairly done and not cornered by a set of people, I believe, is part of welfare package from the people.

It would have been a different case if the price of the cows had been ridiculously high but N28,000 per ram isn't out of place. Even poor us here bought 13 rams ranging from N18,000 to N22,500 each for the just concluded sallah.

WTF?!
My neighbour bought his own Ram for N29000. Bloody ripoffs in Port Harcourt!
Re: In Kano: Seven Million Naira For 250 Rams! by naijaking1: 3:17pm On Dec 09, 2008
Jarus:

Too much religious/government interference in the affairs of people, be it sharing/stealing money, sponsoring/frustrating hajj, or even sharing goats in the name of welfarism has been used by governments in every country to steal and hide the people's resources. From the classic book "Animal Farm" to the old Soviet Union, we know that anybody in government who share 7million naira to people, most likely gave himself 70million. Since you have been paid off with a ram you would least likely be in a position to query any missing 70 million spent at the sallah period. We never learn.
Re: In Kano: Seven Million Naira For 250 Rams! by bawomolo(m): 3:59pm On Dec 09, 2008
texazzpete:

WTF?!
My neighbour bought his own Ram for N29000. Bloody ripoffs in Port Harcourt!

Oga add transportation and bribery expenses to the price of rams in PH grin

I find it strange these are the same LG's who are usually no where to be found in times of flooding etc. hey owambe is the naija way of life cheesy
Re: In Kano: Seven Million Naira For 250 Rams! by JosBoy4Lif(m): 4:06pm On Dec 09, 2008
Will Nigeria ever separate state from religion? and move towards secularism?
Re: In Kano: Seven Million Naira For 250 Rams! by BABASPEAKS(m): 4:13pm On Dec 09, 2008
The issue is not the purchse. It is more of the politics of bittereness that has eaten deep into our system in the name of religion. I'll want to beleive that the rams are not given to the poor but the party faithful and cohorts of the chairman. If not he should go ahead to justify the distribution by publishing the names of the beneficiaries.
Mine is when are we going to start seperating religion from politics.
The consequence you can ask the victims of Jos riot!
Re: In Kano: Seven Million Naira For 250 Rams! by JosBoy4Lif(m): 5:12pm On Dec 09, 2008
BABASPEAKS:

The issue is not the purchse. It is more of the politics of bittereness that has eaten deep into our system in the name of religion. I'll want to beleive that the rams are not given to the poor but the party faithful and cohorts of the chairman. If not he should go ahead to justify the distribution by publishing the names of the beneficiaries.
Mine is when are we going to start seperating religion from politics.
The consequence you can ask the victims of Jos riot!

Yes Baba good shots. But as we know Nigerians are fanatical and take religion to a whole new meaning.
Imagine the amount of miracle workers that Nigeria has been blessed with. Fraud!!!

(1) (Reply)

9/11 Was An Inside Job! / God, Help Ribadu, Oba Of Lagos Prays *says Ex-efcc Boss Derailed By Adesina Aiyekoti / Mother And Son Fight For Governorship Seat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.