Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,922 members, 7,956,466 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:30 PM

Mother And Son Fight For Governorship Seat - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mother And Son Fight For Governorship Seat (773 Views)

Wike Climbed Into The Governorship Seat Over Dead Bodies - Prof Itse Sagay / Panic In APC Over Benue Governorship Seat / Opinion: Can Apc Wins The Governorship Seat In Akwa Ibom State? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mother And Son Fight For Governorship Seat by earTHMama: 7:39am On Jan 13, 2009
Anambra: Etiaba, son in race for 2010 governorship election
By Emma Chukwuanukwu, Assistant Editor and Okey Maduforo, Correspondent, Awka

Political intrigues towards the 2010 governorship election in Anambra State has begun to play out as Deputy Governor of the state, Virgy Etiaba and her son, Emeka Etiaba are said to have joined the race for the governorship of the politically volatile state.

While the current Governor Peter Obi is trying to justify his desire for a second term by showing off his achievements, many people are signifying interests to contest the gubernatorial election in the State, even within the All Progressive Grand Alliance, APGA, the party that brought both Obi and Etiaba into power as governor and deputy governor respectively. Dame Virgy Etiaba, has signified interest to contest under APGA. While the surprise rages on, based on the fact that as the Deputy Governor, people see it as a crack in Anambra Government House, her second son, Emeka Etiaba, a legal practitioner has also joined the fray under the same APGA.

Sources close to them reveal that when his mother was asked why he and his son are interested in the governor, she replied that everybody in her family, including herself was qualified. Already her giant bill boards have been mounted all over the State. One is very conspicuous at Nnewi.

Attempts to speak with Emeka were not fruitful as Sunday Independent was told that he had traveled to London for political meetings to further his governorship ambitions. He was reported to have said that nothing was wrong in his joining as his family had always had the ambition to take over after Obi. When reminded that Obi is doing well, he was quoted to have said that doing well or not was not the issue when it comes to power changing hands.

Already, Emeka Etiaba is said to have made his interest known to everybody that matters in Anambra State, including Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu. An aide to Ojukwu who confirmed the visit said Ojukwu queried if the governorship of the State had become a family affair.

Chekwas Okorie, who is battling to reclaim chairmanship of APGA, is said to be supporting the younger Etiaba's governorship ambition, a move political watchers see as countering the strong alliance between APGA chairman, Victor Umeh and Governor Peter Obi. But Okorie has denied supporting Emeka Etiaba.

Meanwhile, Sunday Independent gathered that some political heavyweights in Anambra, including those who are already warming up to contest, are not comfortable with the achievements of Governor Obi, in the belief that if he is allowed to contest, nobody will beat him.

There are rumours that some of them are hatching another impeachment move to unseat Obi before his nomination for a second tenure. It is even alleged that the relationship between the state House of Assembly and the Governor, which is believed to be cordial now, is stage-managed by those who will eventually sponsor the lawmakers to start impeachment process, which they expect to be through before he will get his party's nomination. Their calculation is that by the time he would get the impeachment reversed through the courts, the elections would have ended.

Some of those working with the Governor now are fingered as part of the plot. The names that keep on re-occurring are those of Sylvester Nwobu-Alor, Ifeanyi Udokwu, Chris Chikwelu, Uju Okeke and S.B.N Okeke, among others.

It would be recalled that on the 1st of October, 2006, Sunday Independent published the plans to impeach Gov.Obi. Some people denied the plot, but it came to pass.

http://odili.net/news/source/2009/jan/11/701.html
Re: Mother And Son Fight For Governorship Seat by Nobody: 8:17am On Jan 13, 2009
Politics in nigeria especially in anambra, oyo and ekiti have always been ridiculous, corrupt, violent and for selfish purposes.
The only difference is that while the anambra thugs derive pleasure in destroying government properties, their ekiti counterparts enjoy assassinating their opponents.
Having noted that, its very clear that madam etiaba and her son know exactly the game they are playing. The etiaba woman knows too well that ignorant nigerians are not ready to willingly elect a female governor or president, so the best way to still remain relevant in anambra is to have her son come in.
What she is doing now is weighing the public opinion on whether she should go ahead or drop out for her son. Whoever wins the public opinion runs with peter obi in the primaries.

Fortunately for her, deepzone is helping her assess the public opinion. grin
Re: Mother And Son Fight For Governorship Seat by Muza(m): 11:40am On Jan 13, 2009
RHC where hav u been?

Son and mother fighting in public? shocked
Re: Mother And Son Fight For Governorship Seat by earTHMama: 3:43pm On Jan 13, 2009
RHC where hav u been?
I've been around. I thought you went to jail cos karmamod has been looking everywhere for ya. wink
Re: Mother And Son Fight For Governorship Seat by oludimuni: 7:02am On Jan 14, 2009
Get on top of news daily, visit; http://www.oakmediang.com
Re: Mother And Son Fight For Governorship Seat by oludimuni: 7:09am On Jan 14, 2009
Get on top of news daily, visit; http://www.oakmediang.com
Re: Mother And Son Fight For Governorship Seat by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jan 14, 2009
Muza

I want to change some foreign currencies to Naira, what is the current exchange rate.

By the way, is ur oga (Alhaji) back in town, he must not see u with those new N1,000 notes. Dagger no good for body.

And finally, stay off Funm, why were u asking after her. Pls pay more attention to ur buereu de change biz and leave my wife to be alone
Re: Mother And Son Fight For Governorship Seat by BOSS7: 2:36pm On Jan 14, 2009
Xavier.:

Muza

I want to change some foreign currencies to Naira, what is the current exchange rate.

By the way, is ur oga (Alhaji) back in town, he must not see u with those new N1,000 notes. Dagger no good for body.

And finally, stay off Funm, why were u asking after her. please pay more attention to ur buereu de change biz and leave my wife to be alone

I almost took you serious,  grin
Re: Mother And Son Fight For Governorship Seat by bawomolo(m): 3:45pm On Jan 14, 2009
Xavier.:

Muza

And finally, stay off Funm, why were u asking after her. Pls pay more attention to ur buereu de change biz and leave my wife to be alone

funny shit
Re: Mother And Son Fight For Governorship Seat by JJYOU: 4:03pm On Jan 14, 2009
funmi dont forget to start your own campaign
Re: Mother And Son Fight For Governorship Seat by lucabrasi(m): 5:45pm On Jan 14, 2009
on the march again,
vibrancy in nigerian politics lol
Re: Mother And Son Fight For Governorship Seat by earTHMama: 5:57pm On Jan 14, 2009
funmi dont forget to start your own campaign

My two NGOS will be :

1. Operation rehabilitate the North(ORN)

2. Funmi's education foundation for Northern women(FEFNW).
Re: Mother And Son Fight For Governorship Seat by Muza(m): 9:08am On Jan 15, 2009
earTHMama:

My two NGOS will be :

1. Operation rehabilitate the North(ORN)

2. Funmi's education foundation for Northern women(FEFNW).

u dont need these NGOs cos we dont need rehabilitation and we ar getting education,
Wat u need is only 1 NGO to curb that nest of killers in Ekiti. . . grin

Xavier.:

Muza

Hav "fun" livin the self acclaimed bigot.
About the money,go to a bank
Re: Mother And Son Fight For Governorship Seat by Nobody: 9:34am On Jan 15, 2009
Muza

U just aint getting the point, displaying Naira notes on ur profile pic is just so rass. It's got nothing to do with bigotry. Trust me, am the most detribalised Nigeria still living.
Re: Mother And Son Fight For Governorship Seat by Muza(m): 9:40am On Jan 15, 2009
Xavier.:

Muza

U just aint getting the point, displaying Naira notes on ur profile pic is just so rass. It's got nothing to do with bigotry. Trust me, am the most detribalised Nigeria still living.
i ddnt mean u,
i meant fummi=DZ=EM=RHC=Bigot
Re: Mother And Son Fight For Governorship Seat by ifyalways(f): 12:52pm On Jan 15, 2009
i have always like Emeka Etiaba. . . .i love their magazine  cheesy
Anambra Politics has always been full of suprises,the ppl wont be bothered anymore.whatever and whoever goes !
Re: Mother And Son Fight For Governorship Seat by Hotstepper(f): 4:45pm On Jan 15, 2009
waoo, they have a mag, wats da name abeg?
Re: Mother And Son Fight For Governorship Seat by plcgroup: 5:09pm On Jan 15, 2009
smiley                      smiley sad lipsrsealed lipsrsealed embarassed lipsrsealed undecided kiss embarassed cheesy wink grin angry sad shocked
wink smiley sad lipsrsealed lipsrsealed embarassed lipsrsealed undecided kiss embarassed cheesy wink grin angry sad shocked
wink sad tongue cheesy embarassed cool
cheesy cool embarassed sad grin cool embarassed cool
grin grin angry angry kiss cheesy cheesy tongue smiley
embarassed undecided smiley shocked tongue grin angry cheesy sad tongue cheesy embarassed cool
cheesy cool embarassed sad grin cool embarassed cool
grin grin angry angry kiss cheesy cheesy tongue smiley
embarassed undecided smiley shocked tongue grin angry cheesy        sad lipsrsealed lipsrsealed              embarassed lipsrsealed undecided kiss embarassed         cheesy           wink      grin angry sad shocked
wink                             sad                                        tongue                     cheesy          embarassed        cool
cheesy                            cool embarassed sad                               grin                     cool          embarassed            cool
grin grin angry angry            kiss                                      cheesy                     cheesy         tongue                 smiley
                                  embarassed undecided                     smiley                      shocked tongue        grin angry cheesy
Re: Mother And Son Fight For Governorship Seat by earTHMama: 5:20pm On Jan 15, 2009

u dont need these NGOs cos we dont need rehabilitation and we ar getting education,
[b]Wat u need is only 1 NGO to curb that nest of killers in Ekit[/b]i. .

What about helping you guys to get off the ethnic cleansing thing that is a culture in the North?. Look at half educated murderous almajiri calling Ekitis killers. undecided
Re: Mother And Son Fight For Governorship Seat by Muza(m): 5:44pm On Jan 15, 2009
earTHMama:

What about helping you guys to get off the ethnic cleansing thing that is a culture in the North?. Look at half educated murderous almajiri calling Ekitis killers. undecided
lol. . . wat ar irony
Re: Mother And Son Fight For Governorship Seat by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jan 15, 2009
@topic
shame shame shame sad

(1) (Reply)

Not Ready For Nigeria / Up Mimiko! / My Reply To The News Frontpage-lulu Enabaifoh The Con Man In Yaradua Government.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.