Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,004 members, 7,838,517 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

Humour Above All Else: The Benefits Of Humor - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Humour Above All Else: The Benefits Of Humor (595 Views)

This Picture Inspires Him To Become A Medical Doctor. [Humor] / Catholics Have A Good Sense Of Humor. Must See!!!! / Sense Of Humor Fund (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Humour Above All Else: The Benefits Of Humor by yenomyenom: 2:29pm On Dec 21, 2014
The Dictionary definition of humor is: the quality of being amusing or comic, especially as expressed in literature or speech.

According to the definition of humour above, most people would agree that laughter is good for you in every possible way. For me, i choose humour above all other ways to get happiness, because i am happy when i laugh. Scientific research on laughter suggests that there are many exceptional benefits to a good sense of humor and a good laugh. The old expression, "laughter is the best medicine", is not just a cliché, but has real scientific merit.

What happens when we laugh?

Our physiology changes:

Our blood pressure and pulse immediately go up but then come down to a lower level than before. The more often you laugh the more likely your pulse and blood pressure will improve.

Our breathing is improved. Laughter causes us to breathe deeper than before, sending more oxygen into the bloodstream and nutrients throughout our system. Most of us breathe with shallow breaths and need to deepen those breaths frequently to maximize the benefits of oxygenation.

Production of our stress hormones decreases and our immune system is therefore better able to defend against disease.

There is a system wide increase in protein molecules or disease fighting antibodies. Researchers are now studying the positive effect laughter may have on production of these antibodies as they relate to fighting cancer.

People with a good sense of humor who value humour above all else, who laugh every day are more likely to have healthier hearts. A study by the University of Maryland found that people with heart disease had been 40% less likely to laugh or smile in general. The researchers concluded that laughing is likely to protect the heart.

Laughter helps oxygenate the blood and improve brain functioning. Some studies have shown that after laughing subjects show some improvement in their ability to grasp learning new material, suggesting improvement in the learning centers of the brain.

Humor "breaks the ice" and can help people get to know each other more easily. When meeting someone for the first time it is always better to share a laugh than a complaint.
How to develop a sense of humor.

Try becoming friendlier: Everyday make it a goal to engage a stranger (or friend or family member) with a "good morning", "how are you?" or a "you look great today". Making small positive connections with others lifts the spirits and creates an atmosphere for humor to develop..

What about in relationship, how would like to choose innocence and sense of humour above all in your partner? I would definately give anything to be with a partner with sense of humor.

Smile often: Whenever you make eye contact with someone smile at them. It is a small pleasantry that helps to keep morale and spirits high.

Learn to laugh everyday: Listen to your favorite comedian, associate with people who enjoy humor, try to view things from a humorous perspective and simply "lighten up"!

Don't take yourself too seriously: Even MCs at any event would really put humour above above all else because it make atmosphere more lively than just reading out the to do list.

Notice the silly things you do, notice how vain you are, notice how many things are really not that important and notice whether or not you are a little too uptight for your own good and then begin to poke some fun at yourself.

Try saying something funny: Once you have noticed some of the more comical things in your world, try pointing them out to friends. Consider engaging in more humor laden conversations, even about the economy (although that may be a stretch for an amateur), politics or any subject you like.

Having a sense of humor is essential for enjoying your life. It will help relieve stress, enhance your relationships and it may even extend your life. If you already have a sense of humor, use it as often as possible. If you don't, then develop one as soon as possible.

For me, its humour above everything!

I have a free eBook that teaches you how to craft the most funniest lines to amuse yourself, family and friends. It can be used as business also, that's if your serious about the comedy business. Visit thenairaatm..com, look for a post titled "get funny now", you'll find the download link.

(1) (Reply)

Bin Gbagbo`s Wedding Pics / Funny Bt Nt A Joke. / Garden Of Eden

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.