Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,512 members, 7,819,853 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:23 AM

Why RCCG Do Not Use The Cross Emblem - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why RCCG Do Not Use The Cross Emblem (735 Views)

Pastor Adeboye Dedicates RCCG New Auditorium / 2014 Prophecies By Pastor Adeboye (RCCG) / How Were People Saved Before Jesus Christ Died On The Cross? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why RCCG Do Not Use The Cross Emblem by pegmatite(f): 4:27pm On Dec 21, 2014
I need to know, pls!
Re: Why RCCG Do Not Use The Cross Emblem by Nobody: 5:32pm On Dec 21, 2014
Jesus wasn't the only one nailed to the cross,it's a punishment for criminals...so if the church is using a cross.how do u tell if it is jesus who is on the cross on nt?

IMO
pegmatite:

I need to know, pls!
Re: Why RCCG Do Not Use The Cross Emblem by bossminded: 8:01pm On Dec 21, 2014
I am nt frm RCCG bt frm the bible wt indept understand nd revelational knowledge I think I knw why

1) the cross signifies punishment, betrayal and death.... and Jesus as risen to life, he isn't dead, so using d cross or crucifix isn't in anyway a pointer to Jesus because we can find d living among the dead.

2) are we celebrating the death of christ or his rising to New life?.... in my logical opinion it's the raising, and the cross dosent signifies
That.

3) there is a very, tiny line btw using an emblem for the sake of "symbolisation" and idolatory.......... that a big confusing in the catholic church.

(1) (Reply)

Join Dr D.k Olukoya Live To Pray For 2015 / My New Faith, A New Way Of Seeing God / What Do You Like About Your Pastor?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.