Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,783 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:12 AM

Abia Guber: Aba Residents Revolt, Boo, Stone PDP Guber Candidate! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia Guber: Aba Residents Revolt, Boo, Stone PDP Guber Candidate! (3353 Views)

Alex Otti, Abia State Guber Candidate & Team Brutally Attacked By Thugs [Pics] / My Distasteful Experience With Nyesom Wike (PDP Rivers Guber Candidate)- Pics / PDP Lagos Guber Candidate Jimi Agbaje Makes Serious Allegations Against LASAA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abia Guber: Aba Residents Revolt, Boo, Stone PDP Guber Candidate! by kahal29: 7:04am On Dec 22, 2014
Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) gover­norship candidate in Abia State, Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu, yesterday had a taste of the resentment pervading the state, when angry residents in Aba re­volted, booing and pelting him as well as his associates with sachet water.

This is coming a few days after youths from Ukwa, in Abia South Senatorial District, shut down oil wells in the area in protest of Ikpeazu’s candi­dacy, claiming that they were shortchanged.

Trouble stated for Ikpeazu, at the climax of the annual Half Marathon organised by a local radio station, at Enyimba Stadium in Aba, when some PDP supporters tried to hoist his banner.

Daily Sun gathered that this had attracted opposition from the crowd, shouting: “No, no, no; we don’t want him; No, no, no; we don’t want him; he is not our choice for the gov­ernorship; he is not our choice for the governorship.”

This vehement opposition by the crowd, it was gath­ered, stalled the hoisting of Ikpeazu’s banner, as the people openly threatened to shut down the stadium if the contrary was done.

When it appeared that ev­erything was over and the mas­ters of ceremony began to rec­ognise dignitaries, the crowd went wild when the name of Ikpeazu, who was seated at the VIP stand of the stadium, was mentioned. The crowd started booing again and shouting: “We don’t want him; we don’t want him; we don’t want him; go away, go away, go away.”

Also, when the name of Senator Enyinnaya Abiribe, who got automatic ticket to return to the Senate for the third time, was mentioned, the crowd also booed.

Ikpeazu, who was dazed by the crowd’s reaction, was to face a more embarrassing situation when he was leaving the stadium. The crowd shifted attention at him and surged forward, pelting his convoy with sachet water, booing and shouting: “Go, go; we don’t want you; go, go; we don’t want you.”

It took the effort of security personnel attached to the PDP governorship candidate to shield him from being physi­cally assaulted.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=96523

3 Likes

Re: Abia Guber: Aba Residents Revolt, Boo, Stone PDP Guber Candidate! by Nobody: 7:12am On Dec 22, 2014
Isn't it too glaring that abians are tired of ta orji and his tyranny team? Ngwakwe, what do you have to say about the humiliation your messiah received?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia Guber: Aba Residents Revolt, Boo, Stone PDP Guber Candidate! by Nobody: 7:13am On Dec 22, 2014
Seun, abeg I use your mama name beg you, move this thread to frontpage.

3 Likes

Re: Abia Guber: Aba Residents Revolt, Boo, Stone PDP Guber Candidate! by size40: 7:27am On Dec 22, 2014
Its a good sign. But not just in Abia State. Nigerians are really tired of PDP led federal govt.

10 Likes

Re: Abia Guber: Aba Residents Revolt, Boo, Stone PDP Guber Candidate! by okiezman(m): 7:28am On Dec 22, 2014
Even though am a pdp man, , I can never dupport this dude...whose someone's stooge to continue with the corrupt practices of his predecessors.......i ngwakwe will allow this thread to make front page....as na his village man he won't want it to get there

4 Likes

Re: Abia Guber: Aba Residents Revolt, Boo, Stone PDP Guber Candidate! by thaoriginator: 7:33am On Dec 22, 2014
customized13:
Seun, abeg I use your mama name beg you, move this thread to frontpage.
Seun na PDP tout, he may even close the thread... Confusion in TANdroids camps!

5 Likes

Re: Abia Guber: Aba Residents Revolt, Boo, Stone PDP Guber Candidate! by Trut(m): 7:46am On Dec 22, 2014
The APGA candidate Mr. Alex Otti is our man. Ikpeazu should go to hell. We are waiting for day T.A Orji (alias Thief After Orji Kalu) will come to Aba and campaign for Ikpeazu. T.A Orji will see shege that day.

18 Likes

Re: Abia Guber: Aba Residents Revolt, Boo, Stone PDP Guber Candidate! by Williamso(m): 7:49am On Dec 22, 2014
TA Orji's brand of politics leaves me grossly ambivalent... I just laugh and weep for abians. The nail on the coffin of abians will be for his political calculations to all materialize.

And to think abians will vote for him and his cronies en masse..... cry cry

1 Like

Re: Abia Guber: Aba Residents Revolt, Boo, Stone PDP Guber Candidate! by Nobody: 7:54am On Dec 22, 2014
Williamso:
TA Orji's brand of politics leaves me grossly ambivalent... I just laugh and weep for abians. The nail on the coffin of abians will be for his political calculations to all materialize.

And to think abians will vote for him and his cronies en masse..... cry cry
even APC will dust PDP in abia without rigging, but the problem is the ability to minimize rigging of which we know ta orji has already masterminded.

How can we minimize the effect of rigging on the polls? Go out and vote, monitor and protect your vote.
It starts with me and you.

6 Likes

Re: Abia Guber: Aba Residents Revolt, Boo, Stone PDP Guber Candidate! by Nobody: 8:05am On Dec 22, 2014
all we r saying ™™™™ give us USO!!!!!!!!
Re: Abia Guber: Aba Residents Revolt, Boo, Stone PDP Guber Candidate! by Williamso(m): 8:05am On Dec 22, 2014
customized13:
even APC will dust PDP in abia without rigging, but the problem is the ability to minimize rigging of which we know ta orji has already masterminded.

How can we minimize the effect of rigging on the polls? Go out and vote, monitor and protect your vote.

It doesn't literally start with you and I as I'm not based in Abia cheesy..
But on a serious note, whether he rigs or not, people will vote for him. That's how politics is played in Nigeria. Sad but true... sad

Nigerians voting sentimentally since 1960!
Re: Abia Guber: Aba Residents Revolt, Boo, Stone PDP Guber Candidate! by Nobody: 8:09am On Dec 22, 2014
I expected more from Umu Aba, waiting for the day Thief Odour Orji n Pres Goodluck will come to Aba to campaign. I am very sure that Abians will vote for Alex Otti the messiah that Abia needs. Aba ma ndi wu Aba. We are Aba we are different, we are creative, we are business savvy and don't forget that You Must Bend Down before you see Aba. #UnrepentantNwaAba and #UnapologeticAbaBoy

5 Likes

Re: Abia Guber: Aba Residents Revolt, Boo, Stone PDP Guber Candidate! by omenka(m): 8:13am On Dec 22, 2014
Rotten apples everywhere. From Lagos to Ebonyi, to Abia.

#PDP on the Brink!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abia Guber: Aba Residents Revolt, Boo, Stone PDP Guber Candidate! by mazzi: 8:25am On Dec 22, 2014
customized13:

oga Apc has no secterate in abia state.labour party is even more recognised than apc in abia state.our man is the apga candidate(alex otti)and Gej for presidency.udo!

3 Likes

Re: Abia Guber: Aba Residents Revolt, Boo, Stone PDP Guber Candidate! by kahal29: 8:52am On Dec 22, 2014
shocked

1 Like

Re: Abia Guber: Aba Residents Revolt, Boo, Stone PDP Guber Candidate! by plendil: 8:57am On Dec 22, 2014
CaptainOjemba:
I expected more from Umu Aba, waiting for the day Thief Odour Orji n Pres Goodluck will come to Aba to campaign. I am very sure that Abians will vote for Alex Otti the messiah that Abia needs. Aba ma ndi wu Aba. We are Aba we are different, we are creative, we are business savvy and don't forget that You Must Bend Down before you see Aba. #UnrepentantNwaAba and #UnapologeticAbaBoy

grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Abia Guber: Aba Residents Revolt, Boo, Stone PDP Guber Candidate! by Nobody: 8:58am On Dec 22, 2014
mazzi:
oga Apc has no secterate in abia state.labour party is even more recognised than apc in abia state.our man is the apga candidate(alex otti)and Gej for presidency.udo!
sure, I'm with you on that.

2 Likes

Re: Abia Guber: Aba Residents Revolt, Boo, Stone PDP Guber Candidate! by OccupyAbia: 9:43am On Dec 22, 2014
oh yes, it is time.
Re: Abia Guber: Aba Residents Revolt, Boo, Stone PDP Guber Candidate! by goldfish80(m): 9:45am On Dec 22, 2014
customized13:
Isn't it too glaring that abians are tired of ta orji and his tyranny team? Ngwakwe, what do you have to say about the humiliation your messiah received?
He will appear on this thread and label this treatment "ngwaphobia". Truth is that PDP have lost Abia state. If TA orji schemes his way and rig the process to install his lackey, I forsee a mass civil disobedience which will make the famous 1923 Aba women's riot a child's play.

3 Likes

Re: Abia Guber: Aba Residents Revolt, Boo, Stone PDP Guber Candidate! by Nobody: 9:47am On Dec 22, 2014
goldfish80:

He will appear on this thread and label this treatment "ngwaphobia". Truth is that PDP have lost Abia state. If TA orji schemes his way and rig the process to install his lackey, I forsee a mass civil disobedience which will make the famous 1923 Aba women's riot a child's play.
fact, ta orji should not try nonsense by rigging the election, abia boys dey vex oooo.

2 Likes

Re: Abia Guber: Aba Residents Revolt, Boo, Stone PDP Guber Candidate! by Meringe(m): 9:54am On Dec 22, 2014
CaptainOjemba:
nwanne, ole way?

chai, nwaAba Ibem.

3 Likes

Re: Abia Guber: Aba Residents Revolt, Boo, Stone PDP Guber Candidate! by Meringe(m): 9:57am On Dec 22, 2014
Cos of Alex Otti, I have gotten my pvc. my candidates are Alex otti and GMB.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia Guber: Aba Residents Revolt, Boo, Stone PDP Guber Candidate! by kahal29: 9:58am On Dec 22, 2014
Front page pls!

1 Like

Re: Abia Guber: Aba Residents Revolt, Boo, Stone PDP Guber Candidate! by NPComplete: 10:05am On Dec 22, 2014
customized13:

Ngwakwe will soon come here and start shouting Ngwaphobia. Never mind that it is actually Ngwa people among others that are rejecting TA Orji's stooge.
Ngwakwe please come and rationalise this as some Ngwaphobia sponsored protest. Sad clown. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Abia Guber: Aba Residents Revolt, Boo, Stone PDP Guber Candidate! by Collynzo22: 10:08am On Dec 22, 2014
It is obvious APGA has captured Abia, there is no 2 ways about it.
Abia MUST be better.
Dr. Alex Otti, here we go!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia Guber: Aba Residents Revolt, Boo, Stone PDP Guber Candidate! by Collynzo22: 10:11am On Dec 22, 2014
Williamso:

It doesn't literally start with you and I as I'm not based in Abia cheesy..
But on a serious note, whether he rigs or not, people will vote for him. That's how politics is played in Nigeria. Sad but true... sad

Nigerians voting sentimentally since 1960!
There is no candidate that people don't vote for, but how many votes will he get?
APGA's Alex Otti will win Abia with such an overwhelming majority that rigging will be impossible.

5 Likes

Re: Abia Guber: Aba Residents Revolt, Boo, Stone PDP Guber Candidate! by samco19: 10:11am On Dec 22, 2014
owa owa ooo conductor mo fe bo le na hear i dey go

TEAM GMB2015
Re: Abia Guber: Aba Residents Revolt, Boo, Stone PDP Guber Candidate! by Nobody: 10:17am On Dec 22, 2014
THis thread isn't on front page yet undecided

The thread is suffering from ngwaphobia cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Abia Guber: Aba Residents Revolt, Boo, Stone PDP Guber Candidate! by Collynzo22: 10:18am On Dec 22, 2014
Buhari people, there is nothing to celebrate yet. This is about individuals and not party.
Abians will vote APGA's Alex Otti at state level and still vote massively for GEJ at Presidential level.
Imo did it in 2011, others states have been doing it.
Nothing new.

4 Likes

Re: Abia Guber: Aba Residents Revolt, Boo, Stone PDP Guber Candidate! by Williamso(m): 10:21am On Dec 22, 2014
Collynzo22:

There is no candidate that people don't vote for, but how many votes will he get?
APGA's Alex Otti will win Abia with such an overwhelming majority that rigging will be impossible.

I pray that happens. Will be a big boost for Nigerian democracy..

2 Likes

Re: Abia Guber: Aba Residents Revolt, Boo, Stone PDP Guber Candidate! by Nobody: 10:23am On Dec 22, 2014
Collynzo22:
Buhari people, there is nothing to celebrate yet. This is about individuals and not party.
Abians will vote APGA's Alex Otti at state level and still vote massively for GEJ at Presidential level.
Imo did it in 2011, others states have been doing it.
Nothing new.
let them keep consoling themselves.

We don't vote for party rather we vote for individuals.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

5 Simple Ways To Survive In Eastern Nigeria / Jihadist On Nairaland / Lzaa Immohtep Imohtep Gmbuharii Stop Trolling Innocent People Online.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.