Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,122 members, 7,814,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

Owerri - Port Harcourt Road: A Synopsis Of A Intrepid Government. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Owerri - Port Harcourt Road: A Synopsis Of A Intrepid Government. (4127 Views)

Julius Berger To End Flooding On Aba-Port Harcourt Road / Good Change Hits Owerri/port Harcourt Road / Photos From My journey to ph Today, Owerri port harcourt Road How Bad It Is (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Owerri - Port Harcourt Road: A Synopsis Of A Intrepid Government. by Akainzo(m): 4:02pm On Dec 22, 2014
This weekend, precisely on Sunday 21/12/2014 I travelled to Owerri through the Owerri - Port Harcourt Expressway. My experience on the journey from PH to Owerri, ensured that I took some notes during the return journey and then went doing lots of research when I got back to base.

Back in 2009, when Goodluck Jonathan was made Acting President, his Information Minister, Dr (Mrs) Dora Akinyuli (late) announced after the FEC Approval and award of the Owerri - PH road dualisation. The road is 75.6 Km from the Assumpta Roundabout to the PH Airport roundabout. Of the 75.6 Kms, 35.4 Km (47%) lies in Imo State while 30.2 Km (53%) is in Rivers State.

When the pace of work on the road was at snail speed, the Governor of Rivers State, Rotimi Amaechi in 2011 went ahead to use state funds to complete the 53% that is within Rivers State. This was completed and commissioned in 2012!

As at Sunday 21/12/2014, The Federal Government under Goodluck Jonathan is yet achieve a 60% completion of the 43% of the portion of the road that is within Imo State.

So Amaechi was able to within 2 years complete 53% of the work, with attendant drainage and street lights, yet the FGN is still struggling with its own 43% after 6 years! The delivery of this road indicates the unreliability and non-performance of the present administration.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Owerri - Port Harcourt Road: A Synopsis Of A Intrepid Government. by halfcurrent(m): 4:19pm On Dec 22, 2014
fact!! and I agree with you
Re: Owerri - Port Harcourt Road: A Synopsis Of A Intrepid Government. by dhantey324(m): 4:28pm On Dec 22, 2014
One of his many sins against Nigerians

3 Likes

Re: Owerri - Port Harcourt Road: A Synopsis Of A Intrepid Government. by Nobody: 4:41pm On Dec 22, 2014
E get as e be for my country. My mom works as a civil engineer for the fed government. You'd be appalled at the level of politics this people play. Even the so called civil servants. Corruption everywhere. It has eaten so much into this nation. It is the root that causes inefficiency in all sectors and this is why nothing seems to be working *sigh*

1 Like

Re: Owerri - Port Harcourt Road: A Synopsis Of A Intrepid Government. by anaedo197143: 4:54pm On Dec 22, 2014
I continue telling people that this Gej regime is worst in Ibo land. There is nothing, I mean nothing this man say he has done for the south east. Therefore I'm not surprised at that particular road. I plied tht road recently and the ugly incident I experienced was nothing to write home about. I pity those that use the road everyday. Let the wise vote out the fools next year.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Owerri - Port Harcourt Road: A Synopsis Of A Intrepid Government. by drshrewd: 5:15pm On Dec 22, 2014
when i tell people that Rotimi Amaechi is God sent to Niger Delta people they prefer to curse and castigate my ameable governor with all sort of lies. Ok now make jona finish that short road na before 2015 make we see

2 Likes

Re: Owerri - Port Harcourt Road: A Synopsis Of A Intrepid Government. by chukel(m): 5:45pm On Dec 22, 2014
It would have been nice, op if u had pictures of both the imo and rivers sides of this road for those who haven't seen. Anytime I want to go home, I develop serious headache cos of the deplorable road and what they do my cars which are low. GEJ has simply done nothing in the east and my brothers still sing his praise. This is stupi.dly astonishing. I wish any igbo person who wants to vote GEJ to ply owerri-ph road, aba-ikotekpene, umuahia-akwaibom, okigwe-arondizuogu-nnewi roads. After plying them and still wishes to vote him, may God deal with him accordingly

2 Likes

Re: Owerri - Port Harcourt Road: A Synopsis Of A Intrepid Government. by Eziachi: 5:57pm On Dec 22, 2014
chukel:
It would have been nice, op if u had pictures of both the imo and rivers sides of this road for those who haven't seen. Anytime I want to go home, I develop serious headache cos of the deplorable road and what they do my cars which are low. GEJ has simply done nothing in the east and my brothers still sing his praise. This is stupi.dly astonishing. I wish any igbo person who wants to vote GEJ to ply owerri-ph road, aba-ikotekpene, umuahia-akwaibom, okigwe-arondizuogu-nnewi roads. After plying them and still wishes to vote him, may God deal with him accordingly
The last time I used Owerri-Port Harcourt road was two years ago, what the op said without being bias was hundred percent the truth, so I don't know whats obtained now.
But I went through Okigwe-Arondizuogu-Orlu-Nnewi road, fairly recently, and nothing had been done seriously on this death trap since it was first initiated by Shagari's government.
It has become a no go area because robbers use this roads more than any other road in the East as I was told, because they can easily manipulate the slow pace of traffic due to bad state of the road.

1 Like

Re: Owerri - Port Harcourt Road: A Synopsis Of A Intrepid Government. by chukel(m): 6:05pm On Dec 22, 2014
Eziachi:

The last time I used Owerri-Port Harcourt road was two years ago, what the op said without being bias was hundred percent the truth, so I don't know whats obtained now.
But I went through Okigwe-Arondizuogu-Orlu-Nnewi road, fairly recently, and nothing had been done seriously on this death trap since it was first initiated by Shagari's government.
It has become a no go area because robbers use this roads more than any other road in the East as I was told, because they can easily manipulate the slow pace of traffic due to bad state of the road.
this was the look of owerri-ph road in early September. I couldn't take pics in November when I went to collect my PVC.

Re: Owerri - Port Harcourt Road: A Synopsis Of A Intrepid Government. by Olaolufred(m): 6:15pm On Dec 22, 2014
[size=18pt] FROM THE FRESH TESTIMONIES COMING FROM THIS MOUNTAIN OF TRANSFORMATION,
I SAY GOOFDUCK TILL NO ROAD IN SOUTH EAST IS MOTORABLE.[/size]
Re: Owerri - Port Harcourt Road: A Synopsis Of A Intrepid Government. by Citadelbot: 6:52pm On Dec 22, 2014
Paid PDP agent like firefire, anomini, shigidi wont see this thread. They agreed he has done nothing but want him to continue. God will judge you all and your generations.

1 Like

Re: Owerri - Port Harcourt Road: A Synopsis Of A Intrepid Government. by Firefire(m): 7:14pm On Dec 22, 2014
[s]
Citadelbot:
Paid PDP agent like firefire, anomini, shigidi wont see this thread. They agreed he has done nothing but want him to continue. God will judge you all and your generations.
[/s]

Bewure ba bo ju weyin... afi epe fun elepe grin
Re: Owerri - Port Harcourt Road: A Synopsis Of A Intrepid Government. by Collynzo22: 7:27pm On Dec 22, 2014
I passed through that road on Friday, it is fully under construction by Arab contractors.
I will pass through it tomorrow again.
Re: Owerri - Port Harcourt Road: A Synopsis Of A Intrepid Government. by Akainzo(m): 7:36pm On Dec 22, 2014
Collynzo22:
I passed through that road on Friday, it is fully under construction by Arab contractors.
I will pass through it tomorrow again.

Don't you have any shame? 47% is still under construction after 6 years, yet another person completed 53% under 2 years!

Are your expectations or standards that low?

1 Like

Re: Owerri - Port Harcourt Road: A Synopsis Of A Intrepid Government. by Collynzo22: 7:49pm On Dec 22, 2014
Akainzo:

Don't you have any shame? 47% is still under construction after 6 years, yet another person completed 53% under 2 years!

You are comparing apples and oranges.
Is that the only Federal road under the FG's care?
Re: Owerri - Port Harcourt Road: A Synopsis Of A Intrepid Government. by Collynzo22: 7:50pm On Dec 22, 2014
Re: Owerri - Port Harcourt Road: A Synopsis Of A Intrepid Government. by PhockPhockMan: 8:25pm On Dec 22, 2014
Akainzo:

You're shameless liar, did Amaechi become governor two years ago?
Re: Owerri - Port Harcourt Road: A Synopsis Of A Intrepid Government. by chukel(m): 8:27pm On Dec 22, 2014
PhockPhockMan:
You're shameless liar, did Amaechi become governor two years ago?
you get sense at all? U can't even comprehend anything. Well its not ur fault. U r a disciple of the clueless one.
Re: Owerri - Port Harcourt Road: A Synopsis Of A Intrepid Government. by PhockPhockMan: 8:58pm On Dec 22, 2014
chukel:
you get sense at all? U can't even comprehend anything. Well its not ur fault. U r a disciple of the clueless one.
I'm Imolite living in Rivers State, I also ply that road. Now tell me the location of that bad spot you pictured above.

I'm waiting.
Re: Owerri - Port Harcourt Road: A Synopsis Of A Intrepid Government. by waternogeteneny: 9:03pm On Dec 22, 2014
We try to tell jona to make sure he secure his base, whether Imo or Rivers becos it is not the Govs that will vote but the people.

The people are for u but cheap propaganda like this can swing the opinion of those yet to make up their mind on which end they belong.

If this picture is true then no defence GEJ becos u have repaire lagos to ibadan, lagos benin, asaba, east-west road and northern roads.

This is very bad.
Re: Owerri - Port Harcourt Road: A Synopsis Of A Intrepid Government. by Akainzo(m): 9:14pm On Dec 22, 2014
PhockPhockMan:
I'm Imolite living in Rivers State, I also ply that road. Now tell me the location of that bad spot you pictured above.

I'm waiting.

Since you ply that same road, please share with us, what happens when you are going from PH to Owerri, once you leave the Rivers State border, does the dual carriage and lovely road continue?
Re: Owerri - Port Harcourt Road: A Synopsis Of A Intrepid Government. by adconline(m): 9:19pm On Dec 22, 2014
Collynzo22:

You are comparing apples and oranges.
Is that the only Federal road under the FG's care?
Onitsha-Enugu and Enugu-PH roads are at comatose speed.. There is no fully constructed FG road in the south east.
Re: Owerri - Port Harcourt Road: A Synopsis Of A Intrepid Government. by waternogeteneny: 9:21pm On Dec 22, 2014
adconline:

Onitsha-Enugu and Enugu-PH roads are at comatose speed.. There is no fully constructed FG road in the south east.

GEJ is building road else where and expecting votes else where. Omo this ijaw sense tire me o!
Re: Owerri - Port Harcourt Road: A Synopsis Of A Intrepid Government. by Olaolufred(m): 9:24pm On Dec 22, 2014
waternogeteneny:

GEJ is building road else where and expecting votes else where. Omo this ijaw sense tire me o!

LET HIM JUST CONTINUE THE WORKS ON LAGOS IBADAN EXPRESSWAY.
IGBO SOLD THEMSELVES CHEAP TO ANY GOVERMENT IN POWER.
SO THEY ARE ALWAYS TAKEN FOR GRANTED.
Re: Owerri - Port Harcourt Road: A Synopsis Of A Intrepid Government. by Collynzo22: 9:31pm On Dec 22, 2014
Akainzo:

Since you ply that same road, please share with us, what happens when you are going from PH to Owerri, once you leave the Rivers State border, does the dual carriage and lovely road continue?
The dual carriage is being constructed from the other end of the road, it will soon connect with the one at the boundary, and you know it.

Re: Owerri - Port Harcourt Road: A Synopsis Of A Intrepid Government. by modhream: 9:35pm On Dec 22, 2014
waternogeteneny:

Chi efo
Olaolufred:

U really are an 1diot,u know.We're talking about the ineptitude of an administration,which cut across all sectors,all regions of the country n u come in with ur tribal nonsense?.Tell me,aside the Lagos-Ibadan expressway n Shagamu-benin road,which other road has Jonathan worked on in the SW?
Re: Owerri - Port Harcourt Road: A Synopsis Of A Intrepid Government. by chukel(m): 9:39pm On Dec 22, 2014
PhockPhockMan:

I'm waiting.
I really can't believe how u people degenerate to the extent of being callously shameless. R u trying to imply I got pictures from elsewhere and labeled it owerri-PH road? God will deal with each one of u accordingly. Don't quote me again.
Re: Owerri - Port Harcourt Road: A Synopsis Of A Intrepid Government. by waternogeteneny: 9:40pm On Dec 22, 2014
modhream:

Chi efo
Olaolufred:

Good at least u admit he is working and not favoring anybody. GEJ till 2019
Re: Owerri - Port Harcourt Road: A Synopsis Of A Intrepid Government. by Akainzo(m): 9:48pm On Dec 22, 2014
Collynzo22:

The dual carriage is being constructed from the other end of the road, it will soon connect with the one at the boundary, and you know it.

And to you, it is quite OK that after 6 years it is still under construction while someone else had completed 53% of the project since 2 years ago!

When exactly would the constitution end?
Re: Owerri - Port Harcourt Road: A Synopsis Of A Intrepid Government. by Collynzo22: 9:51pm On Dec 22, 2014
Akainzo:

And to you, it is quite OK that after 6 years it is still under construction while someone else had completed 53% of the project since 2 years ago!

The road was abandoned for a while.
They will round up the current work before February.
Re: Owerri - Port Harcourt Road: A Synopsis Of A Intrepid Government. by ASL33: 9:59pm On Dec 22, 2014
Akainzo:

Who completed the good section pls.?
Re: Owerri - Port Harcourt Road: A Synopsis Of A Intrepid Government. by Akainzo(m): 10:12pm On Dec 22, 2014
ASL33:
Who completed the good section pls.?

Rotimi Amaechi, the Governor of Rivers State.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

PICTURES DON’T LIE: Buhari Rides In Jonathan’s Train For His Campaigns / Picture Of Amechi When Hearing The Result. / Biafra In The Eyes Of An Educated Yoruba Man(labour Activist)(short Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.