Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,920 members, 7,952,698 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 09:32 PM

Nairalanders Why Cry Over The Dead Phase1 And Merry Make At Funeral Phase2! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairalanders Why Cry Over The Dead Phase1 And Merry Make At Funeral Phase2! (533 Views)

Security Officers Pose With The Dead Lion Killed In Jos (Pictured) / Nairalanders, Why Is This So?[photo] / Nairalanders - Why Does Jonathan Goodluck Have A Phd In Zoology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nairalanders Why Cry Over The Dead Phase1 And Merry Make At Funeral Phase2! by godsamist: 4:27pm On Dec 22, 2014
Since in the 70s till date,though with different innovations here and there,this typical nigerians phenonenon of crying for the dead and later on put up an eleborated celebration galore has no doubt come to live with us!
Worst of all,even If it so happened that the deceased was not cared for while alife in terms of medical or otherwise..Despite how rich or otherwised.
On the other hand,where the decease was sick before dead comes knocking,some so called loved ones wouldn't even come near their sick bed not even talking of settling their bills but to wait until such one dies and i tell you,they starts throwing surprises..That you begin to wonder where was him all thiswhile..Some would decides to close the street,invite the current live band,buy the most expensive gasket,different uniforms,video coverage...Recently we read here how one buried his mother with a hummer jeep,the spending goes on which ordinarylly they couldn't do while the decease was alife.
And my question:has this wasteful culture come to stay?
Re: Nairalanders Why Cry Over The Dead Phase1 And Merry Make At Funeral Phase2! by Haywhymido(m): 4:36pm On Dec 22, 2014
Alhamdulilah, my religion n my way of life r nt in tune with dat s.t.u.p.i.d culture

(1) (Reply)

SHOUCKED: Baby Plays With Massive Python (photos) / Damaturu Town Under Attack Again / Pride Of A Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.