Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,308 members, 7,819,051 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:38 AM

Jonathan Condones Corruption, Says Osinbajo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Condones Corruption, Says Osinbajo (883 Views)

We'll Never Cover Up Corruption, Says Bukola Saraki / Improved Technology Is The Best Way To Fight Corruption, Says Jonathan / Jonathan Fights Corruption, Says NDDC Has Failed To Justify Its Huge Allocation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Condones Corruption, Says Osinbajo by Beazy(f): 5:57am On Dec 23, 2014
The Vice-Presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, has said that one of the fundamental problems bedeviling the nation is the failure of the President Goodluck Jonathan-led Federal Government to tackle corruption.
Osinbajo stated this during a Twitter chat tagged#AskProfOsinbajoon Monday.
He said it was saddening that under Jonathan’s government, “there is no consequence for corruption.”
He added, “One of the fundamental problems is that there is no consequence for corruption. I think that what everyone will agree to about a Buhari government is that it will not tolerate corruption.
“If the number one citizen has a clear and uncompromising anti-corruption stand then the anti-corruption policy will work. If the number one and number two citizens have a strong stance on anti-corruption then our policy can succeed.”
Osinbajo added that a Buhari Presidency would bequeath to Nigerians a country where everyone would have a good job and lives a descent live in peace security.
He also accused President Goodluck Jonathan of politicising the fight against the Islamist sect, Boko Haram.
Osinbajo argued that the present administration had failed to “sincerely identify” the menace posed by the insurgent group.
The law professor also blamed the failure of the security forces to contain the excesses of Boko Haram in the on-going war against terrorism on corruption.
“The current administration has politicised Boko Haram. The corruption around defence funds has created a situation where soldiers are not well equipped and motivated.
“General Muhammadu Buhari wiped off Maitatsine, another Islamic insurgency during his administration, by sincerely identifying the problem as a challenge to the authority of the state to maintain law and order.
“The administration took command and funded the military transparently and that is what we need to do now to end this insurgency,” Osinbajo said.
Meanwhile, a former Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Kanu Agabi (SAN), has urged the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission to be steadfast in the fight against corruption in the country.
He said that the operatives of the EFCC must carry out their responsibilities with the conviction that society had put them in a position to enforce the nation’s laws against corruption.
The former AGF said that he had the belief that the commission had credible personnel with the capacity to enforce the laws of the land.
A statement signed by the Head of Media and publicity of the EFCC, Mr. Wilson Uwujaren, quoted Agabi as having made the comment while delivering the Special Guest’s address during the commission’s maiden ‘Rewards and Recognition’ ceremony in Abuja on Monday.

www.punchng.com/news/jonathan-condones-corruption-says-osinbajo/
Re: Jonathan Condones Corruption, Says Osinbajo by Trut(m): 6:00am On Dec 23, 2014
Ordinary errand boy

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Condones Corruption, Says Osinbajo by 9Ace: 6:08am On Dec 23, 2014
All hail the newborn king of Otuoke

Re: Jonathan Condones Corruption, Says Osinbajo by Adindupeter: 6:19am On Dec 23, 2014
One more of this crap and you're on my hate list @ Osibanjo. Why waste so much energy telling us how corrupt GEJ is instead of telling us of your plans to fix Nigeria?. I'm just wondering who is indeed clueless between APC and PDP
Re: Jonathan Condones Corruption, Says Osinbajo by temitemi1(m): 6:34am On Dec 23, 2014
Osinbajo, one single silly word frm ur mouth n thunder go fire am... If u are sayin GEJ condones corruption what abt ur godfather tinubu. U this bloody LACKEY!!! GEJ till 2019!!
Re: Jonathan Condones Corruption, Says Osinbajo by temitemi1(m): 6:36am On Dec 23, 2014
Best caption of all time!!
Trut:
Ordinary errand boy
Re: Jonathan Condones Corruption, Says Osinbajo by BalogunTimmy: 6:38am On Dec 23, 2014
lol
Re: Jonathan Condones Corruption, Says Osinbajo by clevvermind(m): 6:43am On Dec 23, 2014
Apc will be worse.
Jonathan till 2019.
Re: Jonathan Condones Corruption, Says Osinbajo by Tolexander: 6:46am On Dec 23, 2014
Trut:
Ordinary errand boy
this post made me remember how an ordinary errand boy to Portiphar, Joseph (Yussuf in Kuran), eventually became a governor in Egypt in the bible.

It can still happen again next year in Nigeria!
Re: Jonathan Condones Corruption, Says Osinbajo by Morkavictor: 6:50am On Dec 23, 2014
Apc has no agenda for nigeria,bunch of clueless people parading themselves as progressive.GEJ till 2019
Re: Jonathan Condones Corruption, Says Osinbajo by hushmail: 6:56am On Dec 23, 2014
a supposedly man of God already talking like d politicians of old

@ osibanjo, ever wondered where the money buhari used to match Atiku dollar for dollar came from? Another fake pastor!
Re: Jonathan Condones Corruption, Says Osinbajo by waternogeteneny: 6:59am On Dec 23, 2014
Osibanjo utilise Amaechi Rivers loot and Tinubu Lagos loot. He has no problem with the source both himself and Buhari. chop! chop!
Re: Jonathan Condones Corruption, Says Osinbajo by Dannylux: 7:07am On Dec 23, 2014
We pray you don't end up being just a voice. Words are not enough to change Nigeria.

Another prayer is that you don't end up being one of the many V. P aspirants who ran with Buhari. Buhari never stops, He just keeps running.
Re: Jonathan Condones Corruption, Says Osinbajo by psucc(m): 7:17am On Dec 23, 2014
Oh how I wish this gentleman will take the path of decorum. As a Pastor, he ought to tell or preach politics from his actions and words. That I mean he should not join the bandwagon of Nigeria's politics of criticism, disparaging, name-calling, abuse and all of that.

I wish him well.
Re: Jonathan Condones Corruption, Says Osinbajo by double0seven(m): 7:30am On Dec 23, 2014
Adindupeter:
One more of this crap and you're on my hate list @ Osibanjo. Why waste so much energy telling us how corrupt GEJ is instead of telling us of your plans to fix Nigeria?. I'm just wondering who is indeed clueless between APC and PDP

He is telling you what's majorly wrong with the present Administration. The most important action or strategy needed to turn around Nigeria is to fight corruption to a standstill. That is the starting point. The rest will follow.
Re: Jonathan Condones Corruption, Says Osinbajo by Dannylux: 7:37am On Dec 23, 2014
And you condone servitude, Mr. V. P aspirant?
Re: Jonathan Condones Corruption, Says Osinbajo by ambrosini593(m): 7:54am On Dec 23, 2014
Like seriously, this prof is biting more than he can chew already. Is too early na. They just made you a vp candidate less or more than a week and you've started showing talent. Oga prof be wise o.
Re: Jonathan Condones Corruption, Says Osinbajo by Nobody: 8:01am On Dec 23, 2014
This Osinbajo of a guy is about to make himself a nuisance . Somebody should remind him that commonness does not equal popularity . A real man is not known by his loud words , rather through his actions . Although sagacious politicians are heard not seen but their words are always cogent and constructive .

Inasmuch as I am biased toward GMB candidature this time around , however both him and his running mate should strive to be mindful of their utterances . I stand on the axioms which states that " brevity is the soul of wit " .

(1) (Reply)

Major General (rtd) Muhammadu Buhari Christmas Message (video) / Questions General Buhari Must Answer, By Fani-kayode / Deleted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.