Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,908 members, 7,835,031 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:32 AM

Nigeria’s Transitional Electricity Market Kicks Off Jan 1 - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria’s Transitional Electricity Market Kicks Off Jan 1 (17240 Views)

CBN Bans Street Trading Of Forex From Jan. 1 / YOUWIN Extends Application Deadline Till Jan 21, 2014 / Lagos State Cashless Economy Jan 1, 2012: What Are The Implication? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria’s Transitional Electricity Market Kicks Off Jan 1 by OCTAVO: 10:20am On Dec 23, 2014
Ok.
Re: Nigeria’s Transitional Electricity Market Kicks Off Jan 1 by yomi007k(m): 10:22am On Dec 23, 2014
SuperModerator:
nice, government has failed us, so let's generate our electricity ourselves
Nice idea bro. But how?
Re: Nigeria’s Transitional Electricity Market Kicks Off Jan 1 by Nobody: 10:25am On Dec 23, 2014
When buhari makes his promises they condemn him. When Jonathan says his own they start praising him. Something that has not even happened. Nigerians complaining of bad government but who put them there.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Transitional Electricity Market Kicks Off Jan 1 by Immune1(m): 10:26am On Dec 23, 2014
Wisepac:
Jonathan, The Best In Nigeria During HisTerm As
President:
1. Petrol from N65 to N97 - in most other
places over N120
2. Kerosene from 50 naira to 120 and above
i.e (unofficial price).
3. Garri from N150 to N260 per measure
4. Sugar/flour/beans/ all from N180 to N350
per measure
5. Electricity charge from N1,250 to N4000
per month and yet no light
6. Scarcity of money but abundantly
available for groups campaigning for TAN
etc
7. Killings from few individuals to whole
communities being wiped out
8. Police/military roadblocks from 1 per
40km to 2 per 3km
9. Crude oil illegal bunkering from 10,000
barrels to 100,000 barrels stolen per day
10. Industrial strikes by many organisations
11. Sack of few workers to thousands of
workers
12. WASSCE from 40% failure to over 70%
failure
13. Trust, love and unity among citizens
from much to zero
14. Stealing in billions of Naira to billions of
DOLLARS or TRILLIONS of naira
15. Budget implementation from 40% to less
than 20% Per year
16. Roads from potholes to huge craters
and cut-offs
17. Economy from worse to greatest in
Africa on paper, but the masses from poor
to poorest
18. Politicians defect from one party to the
other in an unusual fashion and soldiers also
defect to other countries
19. Transport fares on both air and road
networks have shot the roof
20. Bribe takings from only police to soldiers
inclusive
21. ATM charges from zero to N65 per
transaction
22. New English phrase called 'Tactical
Manoeuvre' when soldiers are deliberately
dispatched with low grade weapons to be
killed by a well armed "Boko Haram"
23. Bribery scandal
24. Police pension scam
25. Oduahgate
26. Bart Nnaji NEPA scandal
27. Allison jet scanda
28. Oritsejafor $10 million gun scandal
29. Subsidy scam of N2.6 trillion
30. Immigration deaths scandal
31. Missing $20 billion from NNPC
32. Handlin boko haram with kid gloves
33. Election delegate bribe
34. Sheriff/Ihejirika case, etc.
35. Increase in taxes and austerity
36. 16 is greater than 19 in democracy
37. 7 Ekiti legislators out of 26 impeached the
speaker
38. IGP usurping CJN's duties and deciding
that Tambuwal no longer speaker
39. Army are conceding territories to Boko
Haram
40. Locking out House of Reps members
and teargassing them.
41. Suspected mastermind of Nyanya bomb
attack where no fewer than 100 killed discharged
and acquitted. To go and sin no more.
42. 200 Chibok girls are still in captivity of boko
haram.
43. National confab gulped billion of dollars and
went down the drain with no result
GEJ undermines our Army & strengthen
militants. Our military doesn't have the
equipment to protect us. Militants are
purchasing warships. What an irony
How dim witted are you?
Re: Nigeria’s Transitional Electricity Market Kicks Off Jan 1 by simplemach(m): 10:33am On Dec 23, 2014
Dont even understand this news.
Re: Nigeria’s Transitional Electricity Market Kicks Off Jan 1 by Frankenstein: 10:37am On Dec 23, 2014
Nonsense! The same Nebo that promised constant power supply before the end of the first quarter this year.

We need foreigners to manage our power sector if we are ever gonna get steady supply of electricity.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Transitional Electricity Market Kicks Off Jan 1 by Boss13: 10:42am On Dec 23, 2014
marycoolrose:
Does this means steady electricity?

No. It means making the market better for operators
Re: Nigeria’s Transitional Electricity Market Kicks Off Jan 1 by kazmanbanjoko(m): 10:52am On Dec 23, 2014
2015 around the corner. Watch how fast tinz happen

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Transitional Electricity Market Kicks Off Jan 1 by fishkaveli(m): 11:07am On Dec 23, 2014
Wisepac:
President:
places over N120
i.e (unofficial price).
per measure
etc
40km to 2 per 3km
workers
failure
from much to zero
than 20% Per year
and cut-offs
to poorest
inclusive
transaction
23. Bribery scandal
24. Police pension scam
25. Oduahgate
27. Allison jet scanda
speaker
Haram
and teargassing them.
haram.

oroki lo wa ta
Re: Nigeria’s Transitional Electricity Market Kicks Off Jan 1 by busayochic: 11:10am On Dec 23, 2014

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Transitional Electricity Market Kicks Off Jan 1 by onwunyirigbo: 11:12am On Dec 23, 2014
manutdadex:
and some people wil come and tell us they wil fix power supply in 2 yrs...awon weere! D issue of power in dis nation is beyond generation, it expands to distribution, metering and even personnel capabilities! If u are stil blind to Gej's policies n relevance to our development den we need to use as lab rat at least u wil b useful! Yrs of decays and we expect him to fix it widin 4 yrs abegi make una free d man!
the prblm of power supply in nigeria is to a large extent a prblm of generation, if u knw wnt to knw more, I will tke d pain of educating you,just let me knw.
Re: Nigeria’s Transitional Electricity Market Kicks Off Jan 1 by JayJustus(m): 11:17am On Dec 23, 2014
clevadani:
Hope dey will reduce d outrageous bills nd giv us light. Theives

nigga please request for the prepaid card...that way you use what you pay for, cheaper and noone comes giving you bills...we've been using this in my area for about three years now...like recharge card aye

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Transitional Electricity Market Kicks Off Jan 1 by JayJustus(m): 11:19am On Dec 23, 2014
yomi007k:

Nice idea bro. But how?

solar??
Re: Nigeria’s Transitional Electricity Market Kicks Off Jan 1 by datribune: 11:25am On Dec 23, 2014
Story 4 d gods. All dis grammar just to deceive d gullible. d power situation will not improve because d privatization was not done in d national interest. It was one big scam. There was a thread here on NL dat unmasked d buyers of PHCN & we discovered to our dismay dat d buyers were all PDP sponsors. d privatization was never about promoting efficiency but about asset stripping & sharing of PHCN in d hands of a privileged few. We can't go on like dis. Something has to giv. GEJ ouuuuutt! Corruption ouuuuutt! SAI BUHARI

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Transitional Electricity Market Kicks Off Jan 1 by IbokUtoroh(m): 11:29am On Dec 23, 2014
shachris03:
Story. Every year they keep recycling same ol folklore. How long did it take Nigeria to go from zero to 4000MWs? How long has it taken Nigeria to add anything else to that number? Anybody that votes PDP again should be shot in the balls!

if the recycled folks na ur papa, uncles, aunties or friends, will u be complaining?
Re: Nigeria’s Transitional Electricity Market Kicks Off Jan 1 by manot: 11:31am On Dec 23, 2014
Akshow:
Nice one. but still won't stop us from kicking the otuoke baboon back to the creeks.

Nigeria Sai Buhari
ur father is a baboon
Re: Nigeria’s Transitional Electricity Market Kicks Off Jan 1 by Nobody: 11:33am On Dec 23, 2014

Re: Nigeria’s Transitional Electricity Market Kicks Off Jan 1 by Akshow: 11:45am On Dec 23, 2014
manot:
ur father is a baboon
ur great grand fada is an orangutan.
Re: Nigeria’s Transitional Electricity Market Kicks Off Jan 1 by slimmingcare(f): 11:53am On Dec 23, 2014
Story for the gods
Re: Nigeria’s Transitional Electricity Market Kicks Off Jan 1 by yomi007k(m): 12:04pm On Dec 23, 2014
JayJustus:

solar??
I always tot of dat too. Procurement cost and maintainance is also wat I'm about.
Re: Nigeria’s Transitional Electricity Market Kicks Off Jan 1 by olalekan1(m): 12:08pm On Dec 23, 2014
manutdadex:
and some people wil come and tell us they wil fix power supply in 2 yrs...awon weere! D issue of power in dis nation is beyond generation, it expands to distribution, metering and even personnel capabilities! If u are stil blind to Gej's policies n relevance to our development den we need to use as lab rat at least u wil b useful! Yrs of decays and we expect him to fix it widin 4 yrs abegi make una free d man!
When he knew he wont be able to fix it in 4 years, then why did he promise to do so? your GEJ is an hungry man whom if given the whole food in this world will still not be satisfied.
Re: Nigeria’s Transitional Electricity Market Kicks Off Jan 1 by Kayczz: 1:32pm On Dec 23, 2014
Wisepac:
President:
places over N120
i.e (unofficial price).
per measure
etc
40km to 2 per 3km
workers
failure
from much to zero
than 20% Per year
and cut-offs
to poorest
inclusive
transaction
23. Bribery scandal
24. Police pension scam
25. Oduahgate
27. Allison jet scanda
speaker
Haram
and teargassing them.
haram.
Re: Nigeria’s Transitional Electricity Market Kicks Off Jan 1 by Nobody: 1:43pm On Dec 23, 2014
Is a big fat lie una don't too lie lie to us
Re: Nigeria’s Transitional Electricity Market Kicks Off Jan 1 by miketayo(m): 1:55pm On Dec 23, 2014
Akshow:
ur great grand fada is an orangutan.

lolzz
Re: Nigeria’s Transitional Electricity Market Kicks Off Jan 1 by baslone: 2:13pm On Dec 23, 2014
manutdadex:

“Four years is enough for anyone in power to make significant improvement and if I can’t improve on power within this period it then means I cannot do anything even if I am there for another four years.”

-President Goodluck Jonathan

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Transitional Electricity Market Kicks Off Jan 1 by muhamm3d: 2:16pm On Dec 23, 2014
If we vote in jonathan again, then we are all mad in this country. Because only a mad man does the same thing over and over again and expect a different result. Whether jonathan is trying or not we are not interested, he has failed to fulfil the promises he made to nigerians and i think 5years is enough to make such statement. For jonathan at this stage to be promising like buhari that has nver been president? Its extremely pathetic. The truth is if we search ourselves properly how many of us supporting jonathan are not being controlled by money, religion or ethnicity. If its truly d love and happiness of nigeria u are seeking for as a nigerian then you wouldnt even dream of jonathan staying at aso rock for a second.The truth is i will cast my vote for an antelope that apc drops as a candidate rather than vote for jonathan (Pdp candidate) pdp has no ideology or moral values and i also think the fairness and organisation of the apcs presidential primaries is a peep to how govt is going to be organised, fair and honest if an Apc candidate is elected to power. I think we have seen enough of jonathan to deduce that he has nothing more to offer nigerians. I commend him alot because am sure presiding over nigeria isnt an easy task,but the truth is we need change and i think buhari is that change we need. If buhari too fails then we cn comfortably vote him out and say they are all the same, but without that it will be very judgemntal to say they are all the same.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Transitional Electricity Market Kicks Off Jan 1 by JayJustus(m): 2:50pm On Dec 23, 2014
yomi007k:

I always tot of dat too. Procurement cost and maintainance is also wat I'm about.

well to power a three bedroom flat would cost about 3m...but there's installment payments... so it wouldn't hit your account that bad...hehe
Re: Nigeria’s Transitional Electricity Market Kicks Off Jan 1 by JayJustus(m): 2:52pm On Dec 23, 2014
muhamm3d:
If we vote in jonathan again, then we are all mad in this country. Because only a mad man does the same thing over and over again and expect a different result. Whether jonathan is trying or not we are not interested, he has failed to fulfil the promises he made to nigerians and i think 5years is enough to make such statement. For jonathan at this stage to be promising like buhari that has nver been president? Its extremely pathetic. The truth is if we search ourselves properly how many of us supporting jonathan are not being controlled by money, religion or ethnicity. If its truly d love and happiness of nigeria u are seeking for as a nigerian then you wouldnt even dream of jonathan staying at aso rock for a second.The truth is i will cast my vote for an antelope that apc drops as a candidate rather than vote for jonathan (Pdp candidate) pdp has no ideology or moral values and i also think the fairness and organisation of the apcs presidential primaries is a peep to how govt is going to be organised, fair and honest if an Apc candidate is elected to power. I think we have seen enough of jonathan to deduce that he has nothing more to offer nigerians. I commend him alot because am sure presiding over nigeria isnt an easy task,but the truth is we need change and i think buhari is that change we need. If buhari too fails then we cn comfortably vote him out and say they are all the same, but without that it will be very judgemntal to say they are all the same.

couldn't agree with you more...I wish Nigerians see it the way you do...it will be a better place to inhabit
Re: Nigeria’s Transitional Electricity Market Kicks Off Jan 1 by HARDDON: 2:54pm On Dec 23, 2014
Akshow:
Nice one. That shld make us place d nomadic cattle rarer serial killer where he belong - the Loser-wild, with his cattles n staff, n torn briefs without shirts

Nigeria Sai GEJ

See? Fixed!
Re: Nigeria’s Transitional Electricity Market Kicks Off Jan 1 by Akshow: 3:12pm On Dec 23, 2014
HARDDON:

See? Fixed!
Are u normal?
Re: Nigeria’s Transitional Electricity Market Kicks Off Jan 1 by HARDDON: 3:31pm On Dec 23, 2014
Akshow:
Are u normal?

The only ppl that aint normal is ur type n amaechi.

Wit d sch sat u got, U dare insult your president because of the 500APC bribed u with.

U ain't normal!
Re: Nigeria’s Transitional Electricity Market Kicks Off Jan 1 by maasoap(m): 3:35pm On Dec 23, 2014
manutdadex:
This @op is the type of educated people we were warned to be afraid of. If you don't generate power, what are you going to distribute? What are you going to metering? Since the conclusion of power sector privatisation, everything in that sector has been reduced to revenue generation and nothing else. Just look at the way he intelligently downplayed power generation just because Jonathan like his predecessors could not increase the power generation by just 100 Watts in over six years. With all the noise about power sector privatisation, power generation still stands at 2500 Megawatts.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What No One Tells You About Entrepreneurship In Nigeria / Business Ideas For Returning Nigerian Diaspora. / How I Can Sue Gtbank For N250,000,000?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.