Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,229 members, 7,818,774 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

Lagos State Cashless Economy Jan 1, 2012: What Are The Implication? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Lagos State Cashless Economy Jan 1, 2012: What Are The Implication? (2013 Views)

How Has The Proposed Cashless Economy Affected You Since January? / Is Nigeria Ready For A Cashless Economy? / FG Cashless Economy Project To Begin In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lagos State Cashless Economy Jan 1, 2012: What Are The Implication? by bodeface: 8:18am On Jan 02, 2012
Goodmorning Nairaland,

As from JAN 1, 2012 any deposit or withdrawal over N150,000 (individual) or N1,000,000 (corporate) will attract a processing charge (What rate not specified but will take effect from March 30, 2012).

What are the advantages and Dis-advantages in this, what implication coupled with Fuel de-regulation.

All comment are encouraged and appreciated.
Re: Lagos State Cashless Economy Jan 1, 2012: What Are The Implication? by embassyman(m): 11:37pm On Jan 05, 2012
ITs not fully started anyway, cos there are no fascilities on ground
Re: Lagos State Cashless Economy Jan 1, 2012: What Are The Implication? by bodeface: 7:06am On Jan 06, 2012
There has been alot of confussion about this policy, the banks have started implementing it on their own for example UNION Bank. They have limit the third party cheque cash over the counter to N150, 000 while self withdrawer over the counter also have been limited in some branches of theirs to same amount, they now dictate different limits to self withdrawer depending on the branches.

I have a cheque I issued out less than 300K in December which was not cash by the person I issued it to rejected for over the counter payment.

Financial / Banking expert help enlighten the public on this, the advert says the withdrawer above the 150K will start attracting charges from March 30, 2012 which means normal banking activities should still be going on as there are no facilities on ground, the lead time will allow people to acquire this facilities that is the reason for the three months of grace but the bank are already doing their own things or is this another back stab by the Federal government / Sanusi?

(1) (Reply)

AS A Military Personnel, What Kind Of Biz Can I Invest On? / See The Exchange Rates Of Naira To Other African Countries / Naira On A Free Fall, As Fg Set To Introduce N10,000, N20,000, N50,000 Notes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.