Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,715 members, 7,831,255 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:11 PM

Dubious Website By Our Website Designers - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Dubious Website By Our Website Designers (1485 Views)

Dubious Price List By Bulk SMS Platform / Amateur/up Coming Website designers opportunity To Exchange Ideas And Learn More / How To Create Your Website By Yourself Using Wordpress In 20 Minutes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dubious Website By Our Website Designers by smartsoft(m): 10:06am On Dec 10, 2008
gone are the days  i'm been ask to design a fake website which i turn down because of useless stuff they want to do with it  i know this doesn't happen to me alone but this guys come around and ask for fake website ! when ever i hear something fishy i just immediately zoom off ! have you ever been contacted for such website before or lately and how do you tackle this issue

i was at a public cafe last week and i saw a guy on cashcard nigeria website trying to transfer someone else money from ATM  so i was like hummmm this guy must be a thief ooo can you imagine now later the guy went for an air-time and i quickly saw the website and i found out that it was a fake Interswitch website that they designed to dube peeps of their money

Before i could raise up my head the guy was at my back and he was really harrasing me ooo i couldn't say anything i just had to tell the guy i'm sorry that i was trying to view a link since my laptop couldn't open the website

Now this guys just meet web designers out there just twist their head and get them design a fake website for them  does that not sound weird and absurd i mean website designers should know what is wrong or right i don't just know, the fake website you found today are been done by designers why now?  i tirer oooo
Re: Dubious Website By Our Website Designers by Nobody: 8:34pm On Dec 14, 2008
smartsoft a lot of guy have approached me on several occasion to design fake website also know as runs i just turn them i tell them am sorry i don't do such things or i would just give them one ridiculous price that they can not afford
Re: Dubious Website By Our Website Designers by smartsoft(m): 10:52am On Dec 15, 2008
lol
Re: Dubious Website By Our Website Designers by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 6:13pm On Dec 15, 2008
The truth of the matter is there is one nairalander who hosts (confirmed) and designs (i-hear-say) fake websites for 419ners

I won't post his id here but will get a list of confirmed fake banks sites and post here. you can do a whois and determine if the guy unknowingly hosts/designs fake bank sites or is a professional fake website designer
Re: Dubious Website By Our Website Designers by fransois2(m): 6:32pm On Dec 15, 2008
What most of them don't know is "what goes around comes around". I salute your courage because I know How difficult it might be if you are not principled.
I hope we have more people like you who can be honest and do biz without any shady acts on the internet.
Keep it up.
Re: Dubious Website By Our Website Designers by fransois2(m): 6:37pm On Dec 15, 2008
What most of them don't know is "what goes around comes around". I salute your courage because I know How difficult it might be if you are not principled.
I hope we have more people like you who can be honest and do biz without any shady acts on the internet.
Keep it up.
Re: Dubious Website By Our Website Designers by Nobody: 6:51pm On Dec 15, 2008
sure what goes around comes around nemesis will catch up with them one day  every day for the thief one day for the owner
Re: Dubious Website By Our Website Designers by mrperfect(m): 6:15pm On Dec 19, 2008
This is really bad and should be dis couraged by all means.
Re: Dubious Website By Our Website Designers by Nobody: 10:26pm On Dec 23, 2008
It is something i have never done and hope never to have to do in my life, it is bleeped up man. And to get into it, all you have to do is one, and u will get popular overnite. And unfortunately, man-is-a-creature-of-habit, if u have done it once, the chances of doing it again is even higher, and before u know it, u will become very popular on the streets. A friend of mine, make that some, who started out learning HTML with me are now fully into that. They are now "big bois" - and they are "richer" than me "in their dreams" - because they get alot of fake jobs that u basically do not need more than some extremely small HTML knowlege to handle. These boys cannot even write a one-line of php codes and they are really making it "for now".
What actually annoys me is that they call themselves web designers!! It is shameful. Very shameful.
Let's look at another dimension, i am sure many of you guys have seen adverts like - pay 10k to become a web site pro. I tell you, they just show people some stuffs on frontpage, and will u now blame those guys after spending some money to learn thrash, they need make something back!!
And that applies even to even those that go to NIIT and Aptech (those are good schools - i am not dissing them - in fact i wished i went there). but i am doing fine now, at least i can boast of knowing alot of things that are not even on their curriculum.
Re: Dubious Website By Our Website Designers by Nobody: 8:15pm On Dec 25, 2008
i got a yellow Igbo guy who approaqched me for such, the guy was good at making it look like i will be working for a real bank abroad.

But i later found out by asking just an intelligent question

"How will you guarantee my security when the police comes around"

Response: Police will not come, We have everything under control
Re: Dubious Website By Our Website Designers by yawatide(f): 8:51pm On Dec 25, 2008
i got a yellow Igbo guy
ROFLMAO!!!

This is yet another "NL quote of the year" candidate.

Seun, are you keeping tabs?
Re: Dubious Website By Our Website Designers by OmniPotens(m): 1:06am On Dec 26, 2008
Yawa, this one has really interested you so much. You are really very funny grin

Just keep the records as we'll try give 'em award by the 31st shocked
Re: Dubious Website By Our Website Designers by Nobody: 11:48am On Dec 26, 2008
Yes, yellow and not fair, like guy murray bruce
Re: Dubious Website By Our Website Designers by smartsoft(m): 1:33pm On Dec 26, 2008
lol yellow igbo boy
Re: Dubious Website By Our Website Designers by Mustay(m): 5:31pm On Dec 26, 2008
oba oba

dat igbo boy grin grin

chilling in the club buying drinks anyhow cheesy
Re: Dubious Website By Our Website Designers by banky1987(m): 2:41am On Dec 27, 2008
Feyisara pls can you send me an email i need the full knowledge of that web hostin pls.
Re: Dubious Website By Our Website Designers by dono3a5(m): 9:45pm On Dec 27, 2008
wat if the people offer you plenty cash?
Re: Dubious Website By Our Website Designers by Nobody: 10:41pm On Dec 27, 2008
Hey huys, i am working on creating a script archive with some nice useful scripts, i am not done with it yet, just to introduce it to some of you, u will find them on http://www.ds.mwebng.net/ i decided to be adding some scriptlets from any dhtml job ido - at least the ones that are not too complicated, just to help out others. I am considering setting up a dhtml/ajax tutorial stuff, but i am not encouraged, seems too many ppl prefer to use cms, rather than use scripts that will cause them to read something. C ya later guys.
Can u immagine, a guy called me to help him out with a project, by creating a working but incomplete template of a lagos state govt project - that i should do it, he will present it, if they accept it, then we will now talk about profit, and the fooooooolish boy was even tellin me that he was not expectin me to collect up to 100K - can u beat that? i almost told him to "get the f**k off" - and he is an IT guy too - but is not good with web design.
Shameful thing was, he was tryin to dupe a fellow IT person just like that.
Re: Dubious Website By Our Website Designers by phoenixy1: 3:26am On Dec 28, 2008
Its all good talking about whats going on out there, but how about we do something about it?
If you know these guys why don't you name and shame them? Atleast publish the url fo their fake site or the site they intend to copy so that surfers can beware? Methinks its the hon thing to do.
Truth without fear for posterity!
Re: Dubious Website By Our Website Designers by Nobody: 10:48am On Dec 28, 2008
Ehm, that is a very interesting question, yes why dont we?
I think we should do a poll on this one.

Question: Shall we make a weblist listing all dubious websites ppl should visit?
1. Let's do it
2. I dont want anybody to treat my Bleep up
3. I think it is safe if we are using a website.
4. What if someone publish my website?
5. It is a very risky business.
6. No way, that is how i make my money.
7. It is not fair, boys-must-wack.

Whatever, my own poll is 5 - in fact it can backfire because, ppl will not put their names there that they posted or reported a site,
Generally if u want to do something about it, u must re-think it carefully afterall this is 9ja - a land where "laws still apply"
Re: Dubious Website By Our Website Designers by phoenixy1: 7:28pm On Dec 28, 2008
LOL, guys, guys!

I knew no.5 would be the main contention as in 'who will bell the cat?'
But we have to be brave you know, moreover, online nobody can shoot you so Id say it would be 'safe'.
The main questions should be more like what criterion would be used to class a website as fake or fraudulent? Who will moderate over the selections so ppl dont post up others sites out of spite? Another thing is we just might be giving them undue free publicity, how about that?
Anyway I think we should go for no.1. The issue is how do do it safely and effectively.
Big up dhmtl
Re: Dubious Website By Our Website Designers by Nobody: 9:30pm On Dec 28, 2008
Guys need watch their backs, things are complicated enough as they are - let us not create more problems for ourselves - let sleeping dogs lie - MUGU go everly PAY! No be today
Re: Dubious Website By Our Website Designers by phoenixy1: 2:16am On Jan 05, 2009
There’s no harm in naming a website as long as you don’t name the owner, you cannot be done for defamation!
Here are some examples of the kind of dodgy websites I’m talking about. These sites are used in phishing to get your log in details and wipe your accounts.

https://ibank.gtbplc.com/ibank2/login.aspx

https://www.paypal.com/login?viewdetails?user=saletrade@ymail.com&transactionID=2594

https://www.libertyreserve.com/en/customer/login2/index.aspx by Richard Michelle

These are fake sites made up to look like the original to fool people into logging on there by copying their details. The rest is,   you know now.
Re: Dubious Website By Our Website Designers by Afam4eva(m): 3:19pm On Jan 05, 2009
I've had people meeting me to help them design SCAM websites.
Re: Dubious Website By Our Website Designers by phoenixy1: 3:23pm On Jan 05, 2009
Yes Afam, then you could let us know what websites they are targeting so that web users can be wary of their security online.
Thanks.
Re: Dubious Website By Our Website Designers by smartsoft(m): 5:41pm On Jan 05, 2009
phoenixy1:

Yes Afam, then you could let us know what websites they are targeting so that web users can be wary of their security online.
Thanks.

so you can design one for them ?

(1) (Reply)

Hw To Incrs Ur 15mg Weekly Plan To 30mg For Etisalat Users Only / How To Add Numbered Pagination To A Blogger Blog / Qservers.net FAQ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.