Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,801 members, 7,806,235 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:21 PM

How To Create Your Website By Yourself Using Wordpress In 20 Minutes - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Create Your Website By Yourself Using Wordpress In 20 Minutes (6055 Views)

Can I Use Wordpress In Creating Forum Like Nairaland / [tutorial] Install Wordpress In Your PC Using Wamp Server / Fine Website By Nigerian Army (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Create Your Website By Yourself Using Wordpress In 20 Minutes by IjObiagwu(f): 1:33am On Jan 08, 2012
Need help building your website? You can create one by yourself in 20 mins using wordpress. Even though you have no previous knowledge of website language. Need help? Post your questions on this thread and I will answer each and every one of them.
Re: How To Create Your Website By Yourself Using Wordpress In 20 Minutes by otentic19: 4:42pm On Jan 08, 2012
Pls can u explain hw to use wordpress, is wordpress a software that can be downloaded? and is wordpress like dreamweaver?explanatory replies pls
Re: How To Create Your Website By Yourself Using Wordpress In 20 Minutes by lagoshost(m): 8:38pm On Jan 08, 2012
We are waiting!
Re: How To Create Your Website By Yourself Using Wordpress In 20 Minutes by otentic19: 12:44pm On Jan 09, 2012
@Ij Obiagwu , pls respond asap
Re: How To Create Your Website By Yourself Using Wordpress In 20 Minutes by otentic19: 12:48pm On Jan 09, 2012
@Ij Obiagwu , pls respond asap
Re: How To Create Your Website By Yourself Using Wordpress In 20 Minutes by bros12345: 10:58am On Jan 10, 2012
I created a thread like this here earlier on.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-841147.0.html

Obiagwu you should have joined that thread. Otentic, I posted some links on that thread.

Thanks
Re: How To Create Your Website By Yourself Using Wordpress In 20 Minutes by visalat(m): 3:41pm On Jan 10, 2012
Domain Hosting? BBM pin is 310D9648
Choosing The Web Hosting Plan That Best Fits Your Budget And Business
Has Never Been Easy And Cheap With http://1khosting.net.
We Offer All Kinds Of Hosting Packages Starting At N500 Per Year(512mb),N1000 Per Year(1gb) Plus lOts More.
We Also Create Affordable Websites Starting From N5000.
Facebook Advert And Search Engine Optimisation.
AT http://1khosting.net,We Have ALL tO Put Your Business Online.
http://1khosting.net
Re: How To Create Your Website By Yourself Using Wordpress In 20 Minutes by IjObiagwu(f): 10:59pm On Jan 17, 2012
Hello dears, so sory for not replyin on time. Didnt kno abt ur link bros1234. started this thread cos i actually set my own website up www.nigeriantvshows.com all by myself after smone charged me N250k to build me one. as i didnt hav dat kind of money and i cant let my dream just go, i started googling for answers and have learnt soo much during my experience - november 1st 2011 to date. i did it all ryt from the scratch. so i tot it will be nice to share wat av learnt wt pple wt the same problem as me.
let me chec up bros's thread. will be active on nairaland now. from now onwards. promise. if u hav questions, u can stil ask me tho. i wil b here nw to answer. smiley
Re: How To Create Your Website By Yourself Using Wordpress In 20 Minutes by otentic19: 11:25pm On Jan 18, 2012
@Ij obiagwu i have posted a question above
Re: How To Create Your Website By Yourself Using Wordpress In 20 Minutes by Topeby: 2:39pm On Jan 20, 2012
You can create free blog via www.. How to do that is in the guidelines. For
FREE Webhosting companies you can check this. The website links are also there for FREE:
www.FireInWebspace.info
Re: How To Create Your Website By Yourself Using Wordpress In 20 Minutes by heebakutty: 4:45am On Jan 21, 2012
Creating a site is the most important part in web development. There are many sources now a days to create a site mostly through languages and codes. If you know languages you can very well create a site. Else you can go to some other professional and get their aid to create a site. Or if you need to create a site with your own taste without knowing any languages or programs, templates will help you. When creating a site through templates you can create a site within a day or two so that you can save time. i got my site created through this method only and TheWebPole.com provided me the templates for my site.
Re: How To Create Your Website By Yourself Using Wordpress In 20 Minutes by IjObiagwu(f): 12:45am On Jan 22, 2012
otentic19:

Pls can u explain hw to use wordpress, is wordpress a software that can be downloaded? and is wordpress like dreamweaver?explanatory replies pls
is wordpress like dreamweaver?
i havnt worked wt dreamweaver before.
how to use wordpress:
wordpress can be used to build any kind of website you would want.
WordPress is one of the most popular blogging tools available. But what many people don’t know is that it is a powerful Content Management System (CMS) that can be used for more than just blogging. With WordPress you can build a blog, a website, or both.
Top Five Reasons to Use WordPress for Your Small Business Website
1.SEO – WordPress provides good search engine optimization (SEO) right out of the box. There are a few tweaks you need to make, but there are many seo benefits that WordPress provides for free. In fact Google’s own Matt Cutts says WordPress is “made to do SEO well” in this video: Matt Cutts gives tips to small business owners.
2.Content – it is easy to update content on your website without knowing HTML.  Do you hate the idea of having to learn to use a complex HTML editor tool like Dreamweaver? Do you have to “ask” your webmaster every time you want to make a small change to your website? Well no longer – once WordPress is set up for you, you can easily create new pages or edit existing pages using a simple rich text editor.
3.Extensions – There is a thriving ecosystem of developers creating themes and plug-ins – imagine free design themes, or the ability to extend your website with polls, contact forms, ratings or hundreds of other cool features without having to hire a web developer.
4.Support – If you do have problems, or want to add very custom features, it is easy to find support and developers who can help you. There are literally thousands of WordPress developers out there. And there are so many people writing about WordPress that help is only a Google search away!
5.One-click-installation – Quick installs are provided by many hosting providers, including Bluehost, 1and1 and GoDaddy.

To use wordpress, visit for the free, requires no web hosting account. If you want to host your website, then visit wordpress.org to join the self hosted community.
Re: How To Create Your Website By Yourself Using Wordpress In 20 Minutes by Nobody: 11:58am On Feb 21, 2015
IjObiagwu:

is wordpress like dreamweaver?
i havnt worked wt dreamweaver before.
how to use wordpress:
wordpress can be used to build any kind of website you would want.
WordPress is one of the most popular blogging tools available. But what many people don’t know is that it is a powerful Content Management System (CMS) that can be used for more than just blogging. With WordPress you can build a blog, a website, or both.
Top Five Reasons to Use WordPress for Your Small Business Website
1.SEO – WordPress provides good search engine optimization (SEO) right out of the box. There are a few tweaks you need to make, but there are many seo benefits that WordPress provides for free. In fact Google’s own Matt Cutts says WordPress is “made to do SEO well” in this video: Matt Cutts gives tips to small business owners.
2.Content – it is easy to update content on your website without knowing HTML.  Do you hate the idea of having to learn to use a complex HTML editor tool like Dreamweaver? Do you have to “ask” your webmaster every time you want to make a small change to your website? Well no longer – once WordPress is set up for you, you can easily create new pages or edit existing pages using a simple rich text editor.
3.Extensions – There is a thriving ecosystem of developers creating themes and plug-ins – imagine free design themes, or the ability to extend your website with polls, contact forms, ratings or hundreds of other cool features without having to hire a web developer.
4.Support – If you do have problems, or want to add very custom features, it is easy to find support and developers who can help you. There are literally thousands of WordPress developers out there. And there are so many people writing about WordPress that help is only a Google search away!
5.One-click-installation – Quick installs are provided by many hosting providers, including Bluehost, 1and1 and GoDaddy.

To use wordpress, visit for the free, requires no web hosting account. If you want to host your website, then visit wordpress.org to join the self hosted community.
bros i dont know why u blogers keep avoidin questions or if u dont wanna teach someone u jst dont come n start psting links while disguising to be teachin someone pls
Re: How To Create Your Website By Yourself Using Wordpress In 20 Minutes by abdulahi001: 8:43am On Feb 22, 2015
Smartestelvis:
bros i dont know why u blogers keep avoidin questions or if u dont wanna teach someone u jst dont come n start psting links while disguising to be teachin someone pls

Tutorial on how to create and design wordpress .ng look website.
1. Create new account at any hosting site, like Ringohost.com or
e.tc.
Then click on d account big menu will open for you, their we
see mysql database, php admin, parked domain and so on,
now look for AUTO INSTALLER in
That page, when u see it click it, u will see wordpress logo
click it and install d wordpress.

2. Now visit ur site link, u will see dat ur blog is ready, buh it
will not look like naijaloaded yet.

3. Now google search this" Carrington Mobile V 1.1" download
it, now login ur ftp..click on wp-content upload wat u
download inside it and extract d zip file into folder called
themes..u will see it dere..when u want to extract in d box u
will write where to
extract..write is like this /themes now click extract.

4. When it extract succsfully..visit ur site like dis
www.ursitename.com/wp-admin login d details u use when u
want to create ur wordpress…when it
login successful, u will see change theme click it..and u
will see carrington mobile at d bottom of it u will see activate,
click it..when it activate succefully, visit ur site name and see
new look..

5. Now start codin..if u wanna code..all wat u will be codin
dey inside ur carrington theme..u can
locate this inside /themes through ur ftp…code ur header and
footer and d rest. Hapy codin..enjoy ur wordpress wella..
Re: How To Create Your Website By Yourself Using Wordpress In 20 Minutes by Nobody: 9:22am On Feb 22, 2015
abdulahi001:

e.tc.

will write where to

new look..

yea nw u jst spoke wot i find very direct n i applaud u 4 dat,i'm tryin out d steps rite now n i wil surely let u knw wot i find....
Re: How To Create Your Website By Yourself Using Wordpress In 20 Minutes by abdulahi001: 1:37pm On Feb 22, 2015
Smartestelvis:
yea nw u jst spoke wot i find very direct n i applaud u 4 dat,i'm tryin out d steps rite now n i wil surely let u knw wot i find....

Alright
Re: How To Create Your Website By Yourself Using Wordpress In 20 Minutes by jaldesa(m): 4:06pm On Feb 22, 2015
Re: How To Create Your Website By Yourself Using Wordpress In 20 Minutes by Googleus(m): 9:21pm On Feb 22, 2015
Guru's in d house,

pls how do i improve this blog to become a highly functional web considering its a ..

http://constructionindustrysecrets..com

tanx in advance
Re: How To Create Your Website By Yourself Using Wordpress In 20 Minutes by Soso990240(m): 12:44pm On Feb 23, 2015
abdulahi001:

e.tc.

will write where to

new look..

thanx broda.in nomber 3,u said somethng about ftp..what d meanin of ftp?
Re: How To Create Your Website By Yourself Using Wordpress In 20 Minutes by Chinonye02: 2:36pm On Feb 23, 2015
Plz inbox me d tutoria ..igwelove97@yahoo.com
Tnkx
Re: How To Create Your Website By Yourself Using Wordpress In 20 Minutes by abdulahi001: 6:16pm On Feb 23, 2015
Soso990240:
thanx broda.in nomber 3,u said somethng about ftp..what d meanin of ftp?

It's an online editor where you can edit your site to your own taste.
Example is http://blueftp.ml/ or http://www.blue-ftp.tk
Re: How To Create Your Website By Yourself Using Wordpress In 20 Minutes by Soso990240(m): 9:32pm On Feb 23, 2015
abdulahi001:

It's an online editor where you can edit your site to your own taste.
Example is http://blueftp.ml/ or http://www.blue-ftp.tk
tanx alot for ur time.if i wount be asking for too much,pls,inbox me the full tutorial.i will be most grateful. Obinnaice@gmail.com
Re: How To Create Your Website By Yourself Using Wordpress In 20 Minutes by abdulahi001: 12:13pm On Feb 24, 2015
Soso990240:
tanx alot for ur time.if i wount be asking for too much,pls,inbox me the full tutorial.i will be most grateful. Obinnaice@gmail.com

There is no much tutorial other than what u av above, programming is more of exploring than learning, try out the above steps, and ask ur question(s), if any.
Re: How To Create Your Website By Yourself Using Wordpress In 20 Minutes by Soso990240(m): 12:35pm On Feb 24, 2015
abdulahi001:

There is no much tutorial other than what u av above, programming is more of exploring than learning, try out the above steps, and ask ur question(s), if any.
ok bro.thanx alot.
Re: How To Create Your Website By Yourself Using Wordpress In 20 Minutes by resultcase(m): 1:45pm On Feb 24, 2015
To get Premium themes for your wordpress site, visit here themefreedom.com, you can also request for themes and plugins there for free.

Contributed my own 10naira.
Re: How To Create Your Website By Yourself Using Wordpress In 20 Minutes by abdulahi001: 5:28pm On Feb 24, 2015
Soso990240:
ok bro.thanx alot.

UWC
Re: How To Create Your Website By Yourself Using Wordpress In 20 Minutes by Idrhas(m): 10:53am On Mar 07, 2015
abdulahi001:

UWC
pls are u on whatsapp? If yes kindly paste ur numb nd if u cnt pls pm me or add me on 0. Pls
Re: How To Create Your Website By Yourself Using Wordpress In 20 Minutes by daisyfaith: 10:43am On Jul 10, 2018
Get Pro Design offer high-quality website design service, which will make your website stand out from your competitors. Contact Us now
Re: How To Create Your Website By Yourself Using Wordpress In 20 Minutes by Nobody: 8:53pm On Mar 09, 2019
FOLLOW THIS TUTORIAL “TO CREATE A WEBSITE LIKE NAIRALAND WITH WORDPRESS”

Very easy steps involve >> https://melody.com.ng/create-a-website-like-nairaland-with-wordpress/
Re: How To Create Your Website By Yourself Using Wordpress In 20 Minutes by peroted: 11:51pm On Mar 08, 2020
You can

(1) (Reply)

We Are Giving Away 1 Free Personal Hosting Plan / How Do You Pay For Domain Names? / Closed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.